Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Why Raeliana Ended Up at the Duke's Mansion
Available on Manga Store
New
May 29, 2023 3:52 PM
Jan 2019
So the animation has been pretty wonky, and after just 6 minutes into episode 8 I can’t watch anymore, it’s too distracting. For anyone who might have missed it, watch from around 5:45 to 6 minutes, as they walk back into the castle. Raeliana literally just pops onto screen. Weird looking drawings and lack of detail I can ignore to a degree, but not something this blatant. 
I’m not making this to bash on the animators, I’m wondering if anyone knows why it’s this bad? Do we know if there’s been any outsourcing or has awful scheduling meant the poor animators have been rushed even more than already is unfortunately common. I’ve picked up reading it, and I honestly recommend it so much more.

EDIT: I think people are misunderstanding the point of this post and the error I was attempting to point out. One frame Raeliana is not on the screen, and the next she is. Did people ignore the second half of my post? I am asking if people know anything about production of this show, as in if there’s any information about outsourcing or changing of plans? I specifically said I’m not bashing on animators and can ignore strange drawings, but everything seems too inconsistent to be a normally scheduled production. I want to love it so bad, I’m really enjoying reading it, so I’m wondering why it has not gotten the time it deserves, as it seems the show was not even checked over to catch the error I am talking about (not a poor drawing, a genuine editing mistake where Raeliana magically appears).
bethxxxMay 30, 2023 5:18 AM
May 29, 2023 4:02 PM
Jan 2021
how is that a bad animation its literally just an walking scene what do u want to see how every single muscle moves? considering the anime have such low budget if anything the animation is pretty decent
May 29, 2023 4:18 PM
Jun 2022
bethxxx said:
So the animation has been pretty wonky, and after just 6 minutes into episode 8 I can’t watch anymore, it’s too distracting. For anyone who might have missed it, watch from around 5:45 to 6 minutes, as they walk back into the castle. Raeliana literally just pops onto screen. Weird looking drawings and lack of detail I can ignore to a degree, but not something this blatant. 
I’m not making this to bash on the animators, I’m wondering if anyone knows why it’s this bad? Do we know if there’s been any outsourcing or has awful scheduling meant the poor animators have been rushed even more than already is unfortunately common. I’ve picked up reading it, and I honestly recommend it so much more.

Fr real ... the animation hasn't been decent and today's episode even made it very vivid ... anyways imma still watch it tho it's interesting ^⁠_⁠^
May 29, 2023 6:48 PM
Nov 2020
The only thing I noticed was that Vivian scene with the fire looked a bit off. Honestly the animation really isn’t a strong point of this anime but I’m enjoying it anyway. I think it has an interesting premise, I like the voice acting and it’s entertaining.
May 29, 2023 8:07 PM
Apr 2023
Usually I’m not very picky at all but I definitely noticed it when the duke was talking to the blue hair guy (sorry I don’t know his name) the duke took a sip of tea and his arm was just absurdly short and skinny. But I like the plot enough to try and ignore things like that haha
May 29, 2023 8:19 PM

Feb 2021
I blame Cr for this...
May 29, 2023 8:52 PM

Apr 2021
Probs said:
how is that a bad animation its literally just an walking scene what do u want to see how every single muscle moves? considering the anime have such low budget if anything the animation is pretty decent

Thank you!

You said what I was thinking perfectly.

So many MAL people are obsessed with complaining about meaningless animation / art sequences that do not affect the story at all.

I guess they believe it makes them seem smart or cool to point out some “error”.

I have watch every episode twice, Japanese & English Dub, but I never had any complaints about the animation / art.

The story has been very enjoyable and I actual like how they designed the world and characters.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

May 29, 2023 9:29 PM
Aug 2021
It is very simple and that usually just means making do with a low budget. This doesn't have a high production value but honestly I think it doesn't need one. It would be nice if it did but the story doesn't really rely heavily on visuals.
May 29, 2023 10:15 PM

Apr 2021
bethxxx said:

This scene does not badly affect or confuse the story, in fact, it is literally insignificant to mention.

I grew up in the 80s & 90s, you would hate those cartoons and anime, the art was nothing close to to what it is today, but we appreciate their hard work to present the animations to us.

Sometimes pointing out things only makes you look bad.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

May 29, 2023 10:22 PM

Apr 2021
layneal said:
Usually I’m not very picky at all but I definitely noticed it when the duke was talking to the blue hair guy (sorry I don’t know his name) the duke took a sip of tea and his arm was just absurdly short and skinny. But I like the plot enough to try and ignore things like that haha

Is it really something to complain about through?

It is insignificant and unimportant to the scene itself.

It does not mess up, alter, or confuse the story, so why say anything about it?

If it was a main shot of the characters or an important part on the scene, I’d get it, but neither OP complaint nor your’s seems worth mentioning.

Really don’t get the obsession of MAL people to point every little thing that they claim is an “error”.

May 30, 2023 12:07 AM
Apr 2021
This is the problem of 90% of Animes.They start as glamorous and get worser overtime and Finishing it with one Extremely good looking final episode to hype people up for second season(if there will be a second season).Try not to give a f.
May 30, 2023 2:48 AM
Feb 2021
MadanielFL said:
I blame Cr for this...

Wait- How come? 😯
May 30, 2023 3:09 AM
Feb 2023
we cant expect every anime to have a demon slayer animation :p the budget is probably very low, that's why you might feel like some scenes look a little off; im loving the anime though and it doesn't bother me at all, all the important scenes are well animated, the rest is easy to ignore. the voice acting is perfect and the plot is very interesting, i hope we get a second season
May 30, 2023 3:37 AM

Jan 2019
yeah there are little mishaps like this all throughout the show but considering the budget of this show people shouldn't be too anal abt it tbh. cuz the story and characters are really good. 
May 30, 2023 6:12 AM

Feb 2021
Lboony said:
MadanielFL said:
I blame Cr for this...

Wait- How come? 😯
They co-produced this show
May 30, 2023 7:41 AM
Apr 2021
It has some weird frames yes but i wouldnt call the animation bad, ive watched way way worse and was able to finish those shows.
There were also way better animated shows i finished almost sleeping cause the story was dull af. As long as the story is good and the animation is at least watchable its ok, not everything has to be like kny or oshi no ko
May 30, 2023 11:33 AM
Apr 2020
The animation is nothing out of this world, but I really like the art style <3
May 30, 2023 1:12 PM
Sep 2022
It just looks like they animated a webtoon, I don't think that makes it bad though...
May 30, 2023 3:08 PM

Jul 2015
Yeah animation is bad, but i like the characters and the story so far so it does bother my eye but oh well i got used to it xd
May 30, 2023 3:17 PM
Jan 2023
I personally don’t mind it, it has been good/decent enough and besides the plot is what I’m here for tbh
May 30, 2023 4:22 PM
Oct 2020
The animation is not great and I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing that out. That's not bashing on the poor animators, if they have a low budget, it is what it is. I'm going to go one step further and say that the manwha doesn't have a great art style either, in first place... If y'all like it that's okay, don't let one random comment on the internet stop you lol.
May 30, 2023 5:47 PM
Aug 2021
The animation is not perfect but I still can understand the story and fangirling over the characters so i don't really mind it
Jun 6, 2023 7:41 PM
Apr 2023
I'm glad you're enjoying the books. I plan on reading those.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo ga Koushaku-tei ni Itta Riyuu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2023

80 by MeguriRapture »»
Oct 12, 8:42 PM

» more anime/manga/manwha like this?

Kitsune_089 - Oct 8

22 by Kalidechicle »»
Oct 12, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Kanojo ga Koushaku-tei ni Itta Riyuu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2023

96 by MaahHeim »»
Oct 9, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Kanojo ga Koushaku-tei ni Itta Riyuu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2023

61 by MaahHeim »»
Oct 9, 12:31 AM

Poll: » Kanojo ga Koushaku-tei ni Itta Riyuu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

51 by WolfWood37 »»
Sep 16, 12:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.