Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 11, 2022 6:53 PM
Jun 2021
I have finished watching season 2 and I don't understand why this season is given so much hate. I really enjoyed it, especially the moments where Rikka and Yuta got to develop their relationship and I don't see where the hate comes from. I also liked Satone (even if she wasn't anything special) which is another thing I see get alot of hate. Can someone please explain why this season is hated on so much because I don't get it
Jan 11, 2022 6:55 PM

Sep 2018
I love s2, but some dislike it since it pushes the romance between the mcs by introducing a rival for Rikka. I really enjoyed it despite that.
Jan 11, 2022 7:05 PM
Jul 2021
It was kind of mid since I couldn’t take the drama in the story seriously. Idk why. I really liked the wholesomeness of Rikka and stuff though. And that sleeping arc was S+ tier
Jan 11, 2022 7:21 PM
Aug 2020
Roderick24_ said:
I have finished watching season 2 and I don't understand why this season is given so much hate. I really enjoyed it, especially the moments where Rikka and Yuta got to develop their relationship and I don't see where the hate comes from. I also liked Satone (even if she wasn't anything special) which is another thing I see get alot of hate. Can someone please explain why this season is hated on so much because I don't get it
I didn't like how mich it felt like a romance story in a sitcom and how it dumbed down some of the characters
Jan 11, 2022 7:21 PM
Aug 2020
Roderick24_ said:
I didn't like how mich it felt like a romance story in a sitcom and how it dumbed down some of the characters
Jan 11, 2022 7:35 PM
Dec 2021
I don't get it either, but it's not good as Season 1 though
Jan 11, 2022 7:36 PM
Jan 2021
People are sensitive. It wasn’t bad at all.
Jan 11, 2022 8:12 PM

Jun 2021
Roderick24_ said:
I have it on my favourites,heck I didn't even know it was hated ๐Ÿ˜‚
Jan 11, 2022 8:16 PM

Aug 2018
felt like an unnecessary cash grab sequel and the inclusion of a love-rival was the worst idea ever.
Jan 11, 2022 9:06 PM
Aug 2020
The romance aspect of chunni was shit
Jan 11, 2022 9:07 PM
May 2021
People hate it bcs they think it was a cheap idea to introduce a live rival To progress the story but the character was not a cheap character . She was an important character to progress the story . She was a light novel character unlike dekomori . And season 2 was necessary as it lays the layout for the final movie
Jan 11, 2022 9:22 PM

Jan 2020
Roderick24_ said:

I'm with you, the relationship development was so cute it overwhelmed any negatives lol
Jan 11, 2022 9:38 PM
Jan 2013
Roderick24_ said:
Cuz people are sensitive and don’t like the idea of a rival even if she actually was in the original story unlike other characters
Jan 11, 2022 10:29 PM
May 2020
Roderick24_ said:

Mfs are being salty cuz the other girl didn't win is what I think but i like the series
Jan 11, 2022 10:31 PM
May 2020
InfectedRat said:
People hate it bcs they think it was a cheap idea to introduce a live rival To progress the story but the character was not a cheap character . She was an important character to progress the story . She was a light novel character unlike dekomori . And season 2 was necessary as it lays the layout for the final movie

Wait dekomori is an anime og char lol didn't know plan to read the ln somewhere soon though
Jan 11, 2022 10:33 PM
May 2020
_cyberwarrior_ said:
Roderick24_ said:
_cyberwarrior_ said:
Roderick24_ said:

Same ๐Ÿ˜‚, i liked the "rival" tbh but she was defo not better then rikka and the rival was needed to progress the story imo
Jan 11, 2022 10:38 PM

Jul 2015
Pink hair is widely considered as homewrecker and a fifth wheel.

Jan 11, 2022 10:48 PM
Aug 2020
In my opinion S2 is far better than S1
Jan 11, 2022 11:13 PM
Jun 2021
Bijou146 said:
I don't get it either, but it's not good as Season 1 though
Season 2 is definately a step down compared to season 1 but it is still really good
Jan 11, 2022 11:17 PM
Jun 2021
Shamsy said:
Roderick24_ said:

I'm with you, the relationship development was so cute it overwhelmed any negatives lol
I agree. I do have small problems with season 2 but overall it was great for the romance between Yuta and Rikka alone
Jan 12, 2022 4:33 AM
Sep 2021
It was a downgrade from the first season and didn't like the new character.
Jan 12, 2022 4:35 AM
Aug 2019
Because it took 2 season and a movie for the two fuckers to kiss, i was hoping things would escalate in the 2nd season, too bad.
Jan 12, 2022 8:46 AM

Aug 2020
When I first sawed it I kinda felt like the quality was very low ngl, I loved the first season bc the story was very good and it had a satisfying ending. When I saw season 2 it felt more like a slice of life than a romance anime. And they introduced new characters that weren’t that important to the plot. But the movie redeemed the series itself lol.
Jan 12, 2022 9:31 AM
Oct 2021
I enjoyed it but I think it was because it had many things that rikka just wouldn't do. Like the romance just felt very forced and too quick in the final episodes
Jan 12, 2022 11:38 AM
Aug 2021
FireBug2005 said:
Roderick24_ said:
well it's a romance anime idiot I mean come on if you couldn't tell at least read the captions
Jan 12, 2022 12:00 PM
Aug 2020
--numberoflife-- said:
FireBug2005 said:
well it's a romance anime idiot I mean come on if you couldn't tell at least read the captions
I mean it felt like a bad romance story from a sitcom
Jan 12, 2022 7:24 PM
Dec 2020
no idea i liked it just as much as the first it’s weird
Jan 13, 2022 2:06 AM

Dec 2015
Probably cuz people liked the dynamic season 1 had, so they were unhappy when in season 2 they added that new red headed girl
Jan 13, 2022 7:49 AM
Jul 2021
I love the season 2 is good.
Jan 13, 2022 8:47 AM
Jun 2020
Yes,It was pretty good for me don't know why everyone hates it
Jan 15, 2022 4:23 PM
Jul 2021
It was just not at all up to the standard that Season 1 set.
Feb 7, 2022 2:43 AM

Nov 2019
The story felt stale. It made me actually tired of Rikka's chuuni bs, something the first season never did. And the final episode did something cliched and undesirable.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
May 14, 2022 3:12 AM
Feb 2020
The general consensus is that (and there are spoilers ahead, be warned):
1. The relationship between Rikka and Yuuta is taking too long to develop (they only managed to hold hands, hug, and kiss on the cheek). Their actual first kiss isn't until the second movie.
2. Dekomori and Kumin are anime-original characters, yet they have three episodes (4, 5, and 8) for their development. People generally regard these three episodes as "filler" because they don't progress the main plot.
3. The main plot of Season 1 was to help Rikka confess to Yuuta and to find the Ethereal Horizon to say her goodbyes to her father. However, the main plot of Season 2 was pretty confusing due to the all-over-the-place pacing. It wasn't until episode 9 that us viewers are clear that Rikka wants to prove her love to Yuuta by reviving the Dark Flame Dragon within him.
4. The finale was not as grandiose and touching as Season 1; it was more like an OVA episode. (Rikka's farewell to her father was really well done, that scene gave me goosebumps).
5. They butchered Isshiki's character and reduced his status to even below a supporting character.
6. Satone's appearance and role in this season divided the fanbase, but seems like more people find her character butchered and useless as compared to the LN.
7. KyoAni loves to kiss block, and this one isn't an exception.
And my opinion is that:
8. I preferred the OP and ED of Season 1, the melodies were catchier. I kinda liked the "epileptic" sequence they did for the OP. Season 2's OP and ED were average...

Personally, I don't find any problem with Satone. She was the one who spurred Rikka to be more decisive and courageous in her relationship (similar to how Nibutani does to Yuuta).
Jun 13, 2022 10:47 PM
Oct 2020
It's better than season 1 imho
May 18, 2023 9:31 AM
Jan 2019
Dont know how any of you can call it better than s1. I should have said this years ago but they literally make it a semi-bullshit harem with them removing Isshiki. YES, REMOVED. They shit on his character and robbed us of him x sleepy. i LOVED S1 so much, rikka is so cute and the mc is aight and having a second semi-important male who has a side plot romance is so good and needed from loads more anime. Its been years since ive watched it but it made it impossible for me to watch the movie. I cant say what i thought of the developments in the romance and all around plot as again, its been years, but Isshiki's treatment was a large part. Just look at the ending scene with the mc and girls running on a beach or whatever having fun WITH NO ISSHIKI IN SIGHT. They just ditched a close friend and it was annoying. 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

416 by HoneyBees91 »»
Sep 14, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2014

206 by HoneyBees91 »»
Sep 13, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2014

202 by HoneyBees91 »»
Sep 6, 4:40 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Jan 7, 2014

297 by Ming_Nguyen »»
Jul 24, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2014

265 by nirererin »»
Jun 16, 7:28 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.