Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 6, 2023 7:17 PM

Nov 2011
How do you feel about the German language in this series, particularly when Kathrina talks with her relatives via phone and messages? I don't know what she says and have to read the Japanese subs, but it sounds pretty cool! Definitely a nice break from English being used as the foreign language.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
May 6, 2023 8:13 PM
Dec 2022
Would have been good if they brought someone in who could actually speak German. Cause, yes it's German words but the grammar often doesn't make any sense and if it does, it sounds like someone speaking German in the 19th century.
It's not horrible, but I think it could've been better. Especially since she's supposed to be a 'native German speaker'.
It's nice tho, to hear German in anime.
I know a lot of anime have some inspiration of German stuff, but the language isn't used much.
musicbychocMay 6, 2023 8:22 PM
May 7, 2023 11:51 AM
Mar 2021
i adore it, as a german myself i think its pretty cute, of curse its not perfect but i think thats what it gives off the charme of it c: also i like when panda calls her "Kathrin" instead of Katharina since Kathrin is my name too xD
May 9, 2023 11:11 AM

Nov 2011
thank you for the comments!The German looks and sounds pretty cool, even if it's broken or very old-fashioned.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
May 9, 2023 4:25 PM
Dec 2022
DreamingBeats said:
thank you for the comments!The German looks and sounds pretty cool, even if it's broken or very old-fashioned.

Yea. It's fun hearing despite all the problems with it^^
May 14, 2023 9:46 PM
Sep 2022
i never expected Kathrin seiyuu Sally Akami can fluent speak Deutsch
Aug 15, 6:03 AM

Apr 2009
Reply to rifaaftarizky
i never expected Kathrin seiyuu Sally Akami can fluent speak Deutsch
@rifaaftarizky German native speaker here, so I can tell you that she's far from being fluent. If there were no subtitles, I wouldn't understand her for the most part. But german is not an easy language to speak, so props to her trying. The VA playing Katharina's mother however is pretty good, sounds very fluent to me.
shiroi-ookamiAug 15, 6:15 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 4, 2023

16 by shiroi-ookami »»
Aug 16, 4:59 AM

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 25, 2023

36 by onlybyjan »»
Jul 5, 1:23 PM

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 3 Discussion

Syureria - Apr 23, 2023

34 by Thaliel »»
Jul 1, 10:45 PM

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 2 Discussion

Syureria - Apr 16, 2023

32 by Thaliel »»
Jul 1, 10:23 PM

Poll: » World Dai Star Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 18, 2023

11 by extralie »»
Feb 5, 3:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.