Forum Settings
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 19, 2023 12:48 PM
Sep 2016
So to start off I don't mind who ended up winning it but
Tf is with that? I absolutely loved the series and I gotta say went into this with high expectations. I was very let down, just the pacing, some of the cheesy sh** like them all getting a kiss in, that seemed pretty silly. I'm honestly shocked at how I feel about this movie. I feel I would have done a service to myself just not bothering watching it. It really is true with most harem anime tho, the endings always just suck ass, either they don't conclude anything or you have this where there really is a proper conclusion but it was just done poorly imo. I've never written anything on here but felt the need to express my disappointment. A damper on an otherwise fantastic show.
Apr 19, 2023 9:43 PM
Apr 2019
I feel you
I think my personal enjoyment from the movie came from the fact that I was watching it with my friends in the cinema, it was hype asf
I don't think the movie was bad tho, maybe just a bit of a missed opportunity.
Apr 19, 2023 9:53 PM
Dec 2019
Yup couldn’t agree more, except I do mind who won, I feel like there was no reason for futaro’s choice and it was out of left field, but that’s just me, they shouldn’t of made this into a movie, cause it wasn’t worth the 12 dollars plus snacks and popcorn.
Apr 19, 2023 10:01 PM
Feb 2021
DezzyFox55 said:
Tf is with that? I absolutely loved the series and I gotta say went into this with high expectations. I was very let down, just the pacing, some of the cheesy sh** like them all getting a kiss in, that seemed pretty silly. I'm honestly shocked at how I feel about this movie. I feel I would have done a service to myself just not bothering watching it. It really is true with most harem anime tho, the endings always just suck ass, either they don't conclude anything or you have this where there really is a proper conclusion but it was just done poorly imo. I've never written anything on here but felt the need to express my disappointment. A damper on an otherwise fantastic show.

It is interesting how this translated in a cinematic setting. In the manga it worked really well, all the sisters laying their feelings down and coming to terms with the finale, but it just didn’t quite feel the same adapted. The festival arc was messy due to its multi-layered approach to begin with, but it worked better in the manga medium.
Apr 20, 2023 1:21 AM
Apr 2022
RequiemLo64 said:
Yup couldn’t agree more, except I do mind who won, I feel like there was no reason for futaro’s choice and it was out of left field, but that’s just me, they shouldn’t of made this into a movie, cause it wasn’t worth the 12 dollars plus snacks and popcorn.

I thought the reason was because futaro had met yotsuba years ago and changed his ways because of her?
Apr 20, 2023 7:50 AM
May 2021
DezzyFox55 said:

Trash af movie. Animation quality like normal episodes lmao. I am glad i didn't wasted my money on this shit movie. Feeling bad for those who went to watch this trash in Theatre lmao
Apr 20, 2023 9:22 AM
Jun 2021
Nothing special but as it was a farewell to this series, it will always have a special place for me
7/10 movie
Apr 20, 2023 1:46 PM
Dec 2019
TypicalOne said:
RequiemLo64 said:

I thought the reason was because futaro had met yotsuba years ago and changed his ways because of her?

The audience wasn’t made aware of that until this movie, like they had no development nor even hints to come to this conclusion, at least the other girls tried, yotsuba just happened to win the lottery and was chosen as final girl.

At least that’s how I view it.
Apr 20, 2023 2:36 PM
Sep 2014
yeah, the winner was kinda lame. I feel like the author cared more about throwing everyone for a loop than they did about having it make sense.
Apr 20, 2023 5:43 PM
Jan 2022
RequiemLo64 said:
TypicalOne said:

The audience wasn’t made aware of that until this movie, like they had no development nor even hints to come to this conclusion, at least the other girls tried, yotsuba just happened to win the lottery and was chosen as final girl.

watch episode whe Fuutarou met "Rena" at the Lake, from that on they left hint here and there
Apr 20, 2023 5:48 PM
Jan 2022
DezzyFox55 said:

it do be like that, people only just post when they have very strong negative emotions towards something.

I'm never been a fan of the series, but if I love a series I would be thankful if they give it proper conclusion. And would be happy of its good ending. And for me it's proper enough for something like this.
Apr 20, 2023 6:46 PM
Dec 2019
Usual_Vermicelli said:
RequiemLo64 said:

watch episode whe Fuutarou met "Rena" at the Lake, from that on they left hint here and there

You mean it wasn’t itsuki?
Apr 20, 2023 11:20 PM
Jun 2022
this is the kind of argument u have when ur fav girl doesn't win
Apr 21, 2023 8:47 AM
Mar 2020
Usual_Vermicelli said:
RequiemLo64 said:

Considering that was Itsuki in disguise being immediately followed up by Yotsuba on her morning run, it was meant to be a red herring, intended to get viewers to come to the conclusion that she wasn’t involved.

I will say, though, that Yotsuba working in conjunction with Itsuki for that moment to happen is a little contrived for what was just that red herring.

The other clues were also rather vague and inconclusive, but at that point, it was kind of easy to figure the rest of the mystery out based on meta factors alone.

Just a shame that he *had* to marry the Kyoto girl. Bit of a missed opportunity to subvert expectations if you ask me, considering it wasn’t stated (if I’m remembering the few wedding scenes before the movie correctly) that the girl at the altar was the girl from Kyoto.
Apr 21, 2023 9:05 AM
Jan 2022
RequiemLo64 said:
Usual_Vermicelli said:

You mean it wasn’t itsuki?

it wasn't, Itsuki bumped with Yotsuba and after hearing Fuutarou story she suspect that "Rena" is Yotsuba
Apr 23, 2023 4:42 AM

Sep 2020
I agree. I feel like season 2 had a much better climax than the actual ending of the story
Nino is the objectively superior one, don't @ me
Apr 28, 2023 5:07 AM

Jul 2013
are they joking with that ending? i would be ok with literally anyone else... anime was great, but movie is 1/10
Apr 28, 2023 8:53 PM

Jun 2019
I don't even care who wins. The movie felt like rushed to me. I'm not a manga reader but everything is happening so fast.
Apr 29, 2023 1:09 PM
Mar 2021
yeah it was trash and way too long for such a movie
they had the big reveal/ climax and the movie kept on going for another 50 fucking minutes why? just to add more forced and pointless drama which is resolved instantly?
Id liked it more if they showed them living together as a couple for 50 minutes because it felt like yotsuba was the one with the least screentime through the whole show
May 13, 2023 6:00 AM

Dec 2020
DezzyFox55 said:
brotha literally read my mind . 🍻 It was kinda okay but didn't enjoy it like the prequels

Complex Stories are basically sleeping pills . Helps to get some sleep .

Jul 24, 2023 10:16 AM
Jul 2021
Who cares which one soppuse to be bride?! This anime has been made to fuck up our precious time...If I was watching "overflow" constantly, I would use my time more efficient!!!
Jul 26, 2023 2:42 PM
Feb 2023
I agree. The first season was a pure 9/10, most of the character development is in the first season and the writing was creative.

Second season was a 7/10,
it's very generic with little to no actual progress but i still enjoyed the intriguing scenes shown in here. I wouldn't be lying if i said i made it through the worst parts of season 2 just because i was so intrigued about Rena.

But the movie? 4/10.
The movie has the worst pacing ive ever seen. Like, we're one hour in and we've barely moved forward. The drama and "sad scenes' is so goddamn awkward and forced into the movie. The voice actors sound like they wanna go home, which isn't the main reason for the awkward drama but i hated it. This movie tried too hard to make itself mysterious and intriguing that it forgot the storytelling.

It's sad how much they flopped this movie
Sep 9, 2023 10:30 AM
Jul 2021
What lol?? The movie was amazing.

I agree on the pacing part tho, but ig maybe y'all are just pissed because your fav ship got flopped lol and hence, movie = BAD!!
dk107_Sep 9, 2023 11:29 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GreyratAnimelist - May 19, 2022

360 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Sep 9, 11:52 AM

» I did NOT like who he choose at the end ( 1 2 )

Megan1918 - Apr 15

55 by Eclipsemaster »»
Sep 7, 4:14 AM

» The hate on this movie is undeserved

did4375 - Jul 6

21 by patkarunungan »»
Aug 19, 2:58 AM

» New Anime Project!!!

Hachii13 - Apr 25

29 by speedranime_ »»
Apr 27, 5:03 AM

» How are you guys coping with your sunken ship? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Oct 27, 2022

83 by Lafan »»
Mar 30, 11:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.