Forum Settings
Forums
New
In which order are the chapters best read?
Apr 2, 2023 9:47 PM

Feb 2016
The Premium Edition includes a timeline of events together with the dates each story was published.

Chronological Order

1. Merrybelle & the Silver Rose
2. Transparent Silver Hair
3. Testament of Evans
4. The Poe Village
5. Glenn Smith's Diary
6. The Poe Clan
7. Penny Rain
8. Liddell in the Woods
9. Holmes's Hat
10. Bird's Nest
11. Lambton Story
12. Edith

"Picadilly at 7," "Flowers and Birds in a Faraway Land," and "1 Week" are not set in any specific year.

Publishing Order

1. Transparent Silver Hair
2. The Poe Village
3. Glenn Smith's Diary
4. The Poe Clan
5. Merrybelle & the Silver Rose
6. Bird's Nest
7. Testament of Evans
8. Penny Rain
9. Liddell in the Woods
10. Lambton Story
11. Picadilly at 7
12. Flowers and Birds in a Faraway Land
13. Holmes's Hat
14. 1 Week
15. Edith

Chronological order is easiest to understand, but publishing order remains a good alternative. Other orders result in references to stories one hasn't read yet, which will be forgotten by the time one gets to the stories being referenced.

Most editions begin with "The Poe Clan," a poor choice for newcomers. I struggled to enjoy the story without prior knowledge of its characters. "The Poe Clan" likely comes first because it introduces Alan and deemphasizes Merrybelle's role in the story. The problem I have with this approach is that Merrybelle IS in fact a major character in several chapters. Readers beginning with "The Poe Clan" will likely feel confused or disappointed upon realizing the next few chapters follow different characters, as if they're filler.
その目だれの目?
Apr 4, 2023 12:47 AM
Nov 2020
Hey, so I just started reading the manga and all of the manga websites says that it has 9 chapters. Are there missing chapters?
Apr 4, 2023 5:39 AM

Feb 2016
MBEITME said:
Hey, so I just started reading the manga and all of the manga websites says that it has 9 chapters. Are there missing chapters?
The manga was never completely scanlated.
その目だれの目?
Apr 4, 2023 8:06 AM
Nov 2020
Lucifrost said:
MBEITME said:
The manga was never completely scanlated.

Awww that’s a shame
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.