Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

I fear not enough people will watch this, and it will fizzle out due to lack of popularity.

Sugar Apple Fairy Tale (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 3, 2023 3:26 PM

Sep 2017
I read this in the past, and I look forward to seeing this anime adaptation. However, it looks like there are very few MAL users planning to watch it in comparison to the rest of the other shows this season.

How can we get more people interested so that it’s popular enough to get a sequel in the future?
I wish more people watched Chobits.
Jan 3, 2023 4:13 PM

Jul 2022
If the adaptation is good it will sure get more attention
Kek

Jan 3, 2023 5:06 PM
Apr 2022
I dunno about anyone else but I’ll watch it. If it ends up being good I’ll be happy to be a part of a hidden gem. If not then I’ll cut my losses and drop it like I plan to with most shows this season
Jan 3, 2023 5:07 PM

Mar 2021
Who cares if other people watch it, as long as you enjoy it that's all that matters
Jan 3, 2023 5:08 PM
Nov 2022
I don't know much about it so I've no clue whether I'll like it or not, but it doesn't look too bad so I'm prepared to give the first few eps a shot at least 💪
Jan 3, 2023 5:36 PM
Nov 2018
Jamison2210 said:
Who cares if other people watch it, as long as you enjoy it that's all that matters

It does matter if it won't be popular enough to get a season 2. Though I agree with you who cares as long as you'll enjoy it, there's nothing wrong with wanting a show you like to be more famous.
Jan 3, 2023 8:22 PM
Mar 2021
Jamison2210 said:

the thing about shoujo anime is that if it ends up being unpopular than that might lead to even fewer shoujo anime being created when there are so few already
Jan 3, 2023 8:36 PM

Aug 2020
Thats how adaptations go. Sadly they waste good animation on mid shows like Bocchi instead of this one that you like.
Keep scrolling
Jan 3, 2023 8:42 PM

Aug 2018
Don't know anything about this but the trailer and synopsis are promising. I haven't had much luck with shoujo but I'll give this one a try when it comes out.
Jan 3, 2023 9:03 PM

Jul 2020
I mean, it can also be a common thing for series to have major gaps in popularity between the international market and Japan. The light novels of Raven of the Inner Palace have 1m+ copies in circulation, so it was a very natural candidate for a (fairly good) adaptation, and it has 493 members on MAL and the fan translator for it gets ~30 reblogs and likes combined on Tumblr (I am one of those 493). The adaptation at first got very little attention, but it became more popular as the season continued. It also had enough success for Yen Press to license the light novels in English (AND FINALLY I CAN PREORDER THEM). It might be the same for Sugar Apple Fairy Tale. They're not aiming for the international market, but if the show's good, hopefully we can give it some love.
forums signatures? party like it's 2005.
Jan 3, 2023 10:00 PM
Oct 2020
This will 99% be a biscuit hammer situation and it looks pretty mid
Jan 3, 2023 10:14 PM
Jun 2021
Kind of curious on this, reminds me of Snow White and the Red Hair
Rozu-sama
Jan 3, 2023 10:49 PM
Dec 2022
I definitely plan on watching it though from just the trailer it doesn’t seem like it’ll be the most interesting anime this season which is why many people probably won’t watch it. I hope it ends up being better than what I think it’ll be but I’m going in with low expectations.
Jan 4, 2023 7:11 AM
Mar 2021
UltimateKai said:

explain further?
Jan 4, 2023 11:06 AM

Jan 2020
People seem more interested in the genderbend series and of course the yuri series. This seems far more interesting imo, but it’s tough to overcome the hardcore yuri fans
Jan 4, 2023 1:49 PM

Nov 2011
A series getting a sequel has less to do with how popular it is on MAL, where most don't spend a dime on their favorite series, and more to do with how well it does financially.
series is a financial success = more likely to get a sequel
If you want a sequel, the best you can do is support the series financially. If there's enough paying customers, that gives the company an incentive to make a sequel. That's business 101.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jan 4, 2023 11:54 PM

Jun 2019
I am very much excited for this anime and I will advertise it as much as I can.
Jan 5, 2023 7:07 AM

Feb 2021
UltimateKai said:
I have the same fears.
MrHunterxHunter said:
UltimateKai said:

explain further?
Biscuit Hammer is a pretty specific manga, it is difficult to read and understand all that happens in the story. That is why it is not so popular among people. I tried to watch it, but stopped after watching the first episode.
MemoreJan 12, 2023 6:19 AM
Jan 5, 2023 10:56 PM
Jul 2020
Skoorb said:
I read this in the past, and I look forward to seeing this anime adaptation. However, it looks like there are very few MAL users planning to watch it in comparison to the rest of the other shows this season.

How can we get more people interested so that it’s popular enough to get a sequel in the future?
MAL popularity doesn't affect whether or not it'll get a second season, though.  
Jan 6, 2023 5:42 AM

Jan 2020
My question is, is there more to this than it seems? Is that ridiculous fluffu fluffu name on purpose to hide darker aspects of the show? Or is it just what it is? I guess; how dark is this?

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jan 7, 2023 12:54 PM
Dec 2016
Skoorb said:

Well MAL rating and popularity had no correlation with the continuation of an anime. The most important thing is Japanese market, gaijin market only surpassed the Japanese in 2020 and fullfilling the needs of JPbros to spend money is easier than to fulfill numerous complaints of the west or to make them spend more money
Jan 7, 2023 5:42 PM
Aug 2016
THE MANGA IS GOOD MEOW
Jan 8, 2023 5:33 AM
May 2022
Skoorb said:

I will advertise it it lol
Mac
Jan 11, 2023 1:26 PM

Jul 2022
"This thread actually aged well ngl..."

Jan 11, 2023 7:25 PM
Jul 2016
I have similar worries but it seems to be being received well so far! Crunchyroll is actively advertising it, which will help a lot, and a popular shojou account I follow is already head over heels for it! Hopefully, it'll pick up traction. It seems to be doing so slowly so far!
Jan 24, 2023 3:17 PM

Nov 2009
Series with "slaves" involves rarely gets discussion en-mass for obvious reasons.

Discussion of slavery is usually shun upon in social medias,

However, that's not to say a series wouldn't be popular or well liked.

There are a lot of series with Slavery (or even rape) in it and they have high popularity in Japan and parts of the world.

(in fact, Japan seems to love Rape, rape in anime is one of the top 5 most used subject)

___ ___ ___

As for this series, I believe most people generally focus on the "shoujo" part of the story, aka the "romantic" parts of "shipping".

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 27, 2023 6:46 AM

Feb 2019
amlg said:
Series with "slaves" involves rarely gets discussion en-mass for obvious reasons.

Discussion of slavery is usually shun upon in social medias,

However, that's not to say a series wouldn't be popular or well liked.

There are a lot of series with Slavery (or even rape) in it and they have high popularity in Japan and parts of the world.

(in fact, Japan seems to love Rape, rape in anime is one of the top 5 most used subject)

___ ___ ___

As for this series, I believe most people generally focus on the "shoujo" part of the story, aka the "romantic" parts of "shipping".

A prime example of well known, is Redo of Healer. that has both those subjects in it.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Jan 27, 2023 7:06 AM

Feb 2019
That’s good we don’t want meatheads and shonentards here
Jan 27, 2023 7:38 AM
Jul 2017
Marinate1016 said:
That’s good we don’t want meatheads and shonentards here

Agreed, I don't mind this anime being a little less popular than the others if it keeps the normies and shounenbros out, we don't need them here lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

167 by HyperV »»
Aug 16, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2023

89 by HyperV »»
Aug 16, 7:43 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2023

127 by sunshine_inpiece »»
Mar 29, 6:27 AM

» Unpopular opinion: I’m gonna defend Bridget >3

AngelMilky_15 - Jul 17, 2023

14 by zaverix »»
Mar 5, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2023

46 by Beweya »»
Dec 6, 2023 10:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.