Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 17, 2020 1:37 PM

Apr 2018
This OVA was so wholesome, funny and cute! I loved all the entertaining banter and interactions between the characters. 'Twas a very pleasant break from all the suffering. Also, drunk Remilia scene was fanservice at its best.

Lol at all the edgelords hating on it 'cause it didn't give them their fix of blood and gore.
Jul 18, 2020 8:02 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Rem said s i m p e n e r g y.

But also Ram's right, we have to burn this into our memories. :( I hope we can get this again post S2...*hiccup*
Jul 29, 2020 2:16 PM

Mar 2019
Do they suggest Ram "gets busy" with Roswaal?
Aug 2, 2020 6:16 AM

May 2015
Very nice and funny OVA. Solid 8 from me.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 9, 2020 9:17 PM

Aug 2019
omg, this is exactly how i imagined the gang to be like when they aren't worrying about witch cults, malbeast curses or the constant fear of death around every corner. The time frame this movie is set in is also perfect, because give or take, at that time everyone was pretty chill with each other. Subaru and Ram saved Rem and kindled an undying flame in her towards him, while Subaru and Emilia's friendship was still pretty solid.

Honestly, goes to show when this series wants to super serious with some fucked up plot, it can do it well, but also can show when this series wants to super chilled back, literally laid back with comedy and fun, it can also do it amazingly well. Genuinely, i couldn't help myself smile constantly throughout this movie from seeing all the characters and villagers just having some fun for a change.

Won't lie, all the characters had there moments in this movie. Roswaal calling subaru a tsundere and his expression to the
Subaru x Roswall hybrid snow sculpture was amazing, also cupid Roswalls flying down towards earth is cursed as shit.
Emilia trying to hide Puck leaking ice everywhere was cute but her drunken phase was god tier, i salute Subaru for holding out for so long lmao.

Ram definitely had her moments, her reveal to be extremely weak to cold weather was funny, her scene were she " *finger guns* followed byyy? " when subaru judged her snow sculpture was one for the decade lmao.
Rem once again has enlightened me and has proven there cannot be a limit to cuteness, "That's Subaru-kun for you!
Rem is impressed"
motivation in it's finest. Who the fuck needs dopamine when you have Rem who'll say this to you free of charge. Also, imma ignore the fact that like halfway through Rem raised the yandere flag i swear lmao Seeing

Emilia absolutely snug with Rem did indeed flip a really really strange switch in me, and her cat impressions got me weak. But honestly, fucking get you a girl that'll fill a bath tub full of mayo for you, thats dedication.

Beatrice was also cute this episode, even though it took some talking, seeing her out and about and interacting with others was wholesome.

All in all, god tier movie, that literal like not even hiding it, Konosuba references gets a stamp of approval from me. Was just an absolutely chilled movie, really couldn't ask for more if i'm honest.
Aug 14, 2020 3:25 PM

Oct 2012
Whole episode was non-canon and full of fanservice but it was still enjoyable I guess.

There were some interesting hints about Emilia and the mention it was he who got Subaru into this world and that she knows about the witch scar was nice foreshadowing.

Still fanservice episode at its core (some were even out of their character a bit) so I wonder what the second OVA would be about.

Funny how Emilia didn't told him her age and how Beako implied she is the second oldest there.
Aug 15, 2020 10:40 AM

May 2013
Mich666 said:
Whole episode was non-canon and full of fanservice but it was still enjoyable I guess.

There were some interesting hints about Emilia and the mention it was he who got Subaru into this world and that she knows about the witch scar was nice foreshadowing.

Still fanservice episode at its core (some were even out of their character a bit) so I wonder what the second OVA would be about.

Funny how Emilia didn't told him her age and how Beako implied she is the second oldest there.

Wait, it is canon. It is from Re:zero's Tappenshuu novel (any one of those) which contains side stories to embellish the characters. Plus, it explains the 1 month of gap between Episode 11 and 12 from Season 1 (which Reinhard mentions while introducing Felt in Episode 13).

Rem wants to spend more moments with Subaru but is unable to do so (which she brings up in Episode 18).
Subaru thinks he is growing more attached to Emilia (and we saw how that played out in Episode 13)
Concept Od and 'Manastruation' (lol). Subtle hint at why Ram cozies up to Roswaal regarding it.
Beatrice foreshadowing a reference to her 'Mother' with Roswaal.
Puck dueling with Roswaal, the latter who searched out Emilia in Elior forest for candidacy.

Non-canon would be something Tappei Nagatsuki didn't write at all and nearly every bit of info contained in it is unreliable.

Fanservice, yes. Which characters ended up seeming odd to you?

Second OVA (Frozen Bonds) would be a partial exploration on Emilia's past in Elior forest and her contract with Puck.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Aug 15, 2020 12:00 PM

Oct 2012
KreatorX said:

Rem in particular acted like comedy relief character for almost whole the duration of the movie. Also, there were countless scenes and jokes which just show they didn't take things seriously. Some 4th wall breaks even.

I still like it, I do, cause the fanservice and slice-of-life was still good. But outside of few hints it had no relation to actual story.
I mean, as far as canon goes, Fujino Oomori (the original author of DanMachi) also wrote Arrow of Orion movie and it's still not considered canon. And this OVA/LN sidestory just felt similiar.

I watched Hyoketsu no Kizuna earlier today and while I enjoyed it too as Emilia's backstory was interesting, it still didn't answer any questions, only brought new ones to the table.

I mean, you lose nothing by not watching those two movies outside of few hints for the future. But I guess it's always good to get more of the characters you like.
Mich666Aug 15, 2020 12:04 PM
Aug 15, 2020 12:30 PM

May 2013
Mich666 said:
KreatorX said:

Rem in particular acted like comedy relief character for almost whole the duration of the movie.

It might surprise you but that is how Rem's character is. She is quite stalker-ish / clingy around Subaru, although the OVA makes use of it as a comedic foil. The WN/LN scenes which were skipped over (for some odd reason) in S1 embellished this even further, and bring into picture where her character development truly stands.

The Danmachi movie you quote is an anime-original only, which is why it isn't considered canon. Nevertheless, now I understood what you truly meant by 'non-canon'.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Aug 23, 2020 11:56 AM
Oct 2019
It's just much more better and enjoyable than frozen bond...

Well done Slice of life OVA, good interaction between the characters
Sep 1, 2020 1:33 PM

Sep 2012
RobertBobert said:
Comments on the Internet about this OVA made me remember the worst things that happened with ReZero's fandom and not only. It seems that a huge bunch of people watched it only in order to resurrect the disgustingly toxic Rem vs Emilia, not to mention another delirium of yuri fanboys trying to turn one short scene into a real ship.

I understand everything, but damn, people, why should any mention of Rem or Emilia have to be accompanied by a terrible ship war?

I feel like you're exaggerating things. I've read the discussions on here and reddit and it's not even that bad. Perhaps if you go on 4chan to read the discussion then that's probably true and should be expected.
Sep 22, 2020 7:01 AM

Aug 2020
Drunk rem and Emilia we're the best thing i've ever seen in my entire life lmao

Oct 25, 2020 3:30 AM

Oct 2020
This is the only episode where Subaru's overreactions aren't too obnoxious.
Nov 21, 2020 6:06 AM
Oct 2020
BORING! BORING! BORING! I have never thought I would use this word in describing re zero episode... 2/10
Nov 28, 2020 7:46 AM
Mar 2020
Zean102 said:
BORING! BORING! BORING! I have never thought I would use this word in describing re zero episode... 2/10

I am sure your opinion of this OVA will change after watching Season 2 Part 2.
The best time to watch this OVA is after Season 2 part 2 even though it chronologically takes place after episode 11 of Season 1.
Nov 28, 2020 8:27 AM
Oct 2020
Cormac07 said:
Zean102 said:

I am sure your opinion of this OVA will change after watching Season 2 Part 2.
The best time to watch this OVA is after Season 2 part 2 even though it chronologically takes place after episode 11 of Season 1.

May be...

I don't like the forceful comedy in this re zero ova and also most of the character were acting so wiredly in this ova especially rem. I initially thought of watching both the ova but after watching this I haven't touched the other one.
Dec 23, 2020 1:36 PM

Apr 2013
What a nice OVA, it was especially wholesome to watch this one day before christmas with all the winter-feeling. Just some relaxing slice of life in the world of our else to troubled characters. And Emilia and Rem were so damn cuuuuuuuuuuute <3
Dec 30, 2020 1:04 PM

Aug 2013
Is it just me or does Rem feel a little too obsessed with Subaru...like it REEEALLY felt like they were pushing that too much. Some of the OVA felt redicolus but I actually liked seeing the villagers making snow sculptures. I could do with out the modern references from Subaru but that's just how he is I guess.
The drunk scenes were pretty funny not gonna lie it was cute. I think the animation looked fine also I had no problems with it. The snow spirit part was very pretty.
My friend made my forum pic.
Dec 30, 2020 1:05 PM

Aug 2013
Stygian_Prisoner said:
This OVA was so wholesome, funny and cute! I loved all the entertaining banter and interactions between the characters. 'Twas a very pleasant break from all the suffering. Also, drunk Remilia scene was fanservice at its best.

Lol at all the edgelords hating on it 'cause it didn't give them their fix of blood and gore.

As much as I love my blood and gore, I think it's nice to see Subaru get a break. He deserves it lol
My friend made my forum pic.
Feb 22, 2021 8:27 PM

Jun 2020
Finally finish all the ReZero movies and I understand a bit more about the world of ReZero.

Also, nice Konosuba reference and foreshadowing. hehe

Mar 20, 2021 6:10 PM
Jul 2018
Honestly the best this ova could be. O watched after being pretty far into s2 so it makes these character moments more special because I've been with them for so long. The only downside to this was that it made it super hard to pick a best girl, I mean the drunk party scene was perfection on all fronts
Mar 28, 2021 5:20 AM

Oct 2016
That was great, glad I only watched this now, especially after the things that happened in season 2. Any lighthearted stuff is welcomed.

That Engrish at the beginning though lmao. Rem simping to Subaru the whole movie is hilarious. And finally I have found where that Emilia talking fast meme came from. That Konosuba reference caught me off guard, that killed me. There was also a shitload of foreshadowing here, it was great. Drunk Emilia and Rem was so cute. Overall that was good and enjoyable light hearted movie. 7.5/10
Apr 2, 2021 9:35 AM

Jul 2008
G_Excel said:
Finally finish all the ReZero movies and I understand a bit more about the world of ReZero.

Snowbunnies aren't a Konosuba thing... I remember seeing them in a few older anime, Kanon (2006) being one.

This wasn't worth watching. It did make me realize I didn't like the original for the same reason as a lot of people.
Apr 2, 2021 2:00 PM

Jun 2020
Ero-Camel said:
G_Excel said:

Snowbunnies aren't a Konosuba thing... I remember seeing them in a few older anime, Kanon (2006) being one.

This wasn't worth watching. It did make me realize I didn't like the original for the same reason as a lot of people.

The Konosuba reference is at 14:18 and the snow bunnies are a reference to what happens in Re:Zero S2 P1.
Apr 2, 2021 3:08 PM

Jul 2008
G_Excel said:

The Konosuba reference is at 14:18 and the snow bunnies are a reference to what happens in Re:Zero S2 P1.

Oh, so you meant two separate things. My bad.
Apr 14, 2021 9:09 AM
May 2017
Geel said:
That beginning with the Engrish was terrible, stick to Japanese Subaru!

I watched this because I thought it would be relevant to the main story but that didn't seem to be the case.

They included a full screenshot from Konosuba smh, I just finished the first season of that show as well.

Rem was kinda weird with her Subaru obsession in this and I wonder why Ram blushed, what is up with her and Roswaal.

Anyways this isn't really worth watching, it's ok I guess.

did you watch this before or after season 2? there's quite a lot of forehsadowing hidden in plain sight in this OVA
Apr 15, 2021 8:04 AM
May 2017
Geel said:
MABfan11 said:

did you watch this before or after season 2? there's quite a lot of forehsadowing hidden in plain sight in this OVA

I was watching S2 P2 when I saw someone in the discussion say something will be explained the OVAs, so I stopped to watch them before I return to the show.

I hope the second OVA is more relevant because idk what I was supposed to get out of this one, the Roswaal vs Puck thing?

Puck's Manastruation?

Whatever it is, it must have went over my head...

the second OVA is more relevant to the story, Memory Snow just contains some foreshadowing slipped right under your nose
Apr 29, 2021 4:16 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Wait what does ram jack off roswall every day

I'm not the biggest fan of re zero but man I LOVED this. Seems like a bunch of these guys didn't because oh no there's no plot or anything! Can't you just relax and have a good time once in awhile? Anyway, I for one appreciate this ova and the nice break it gives from all the pain and suffering. Just let the man subaru have a nice date for once. No suffering to be found here apart from some cold chills. Oh what's this? Petra made some snow bunnies? Kawaii!!!

All the characters had their moments in this but dude RAM just steals the show. Re zero always had witty humor but when it comes to ram she just can't be beat. All in all, I just had so much fun watching this that I want to re-watch the main series again which I didn't dig that much upon first viewing. Maybe I'll come back to it sometime.

For now, as I rate almost purely based on just enjoyment, re: zero memory snow gets a nice fat 8 out of 10 from me.

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

May 7, 2021 9:43 AM
Nov 2020
BetaMaleUltra said:
Wait what does ram jack off roswall every day

I'm not the biggest fan of re zero but man I LOVED this. Seems like a bunch of these guys didn't because oh no there's no plot or anything! Can't you just relax and have a good time once in awhile? Anyway, I for one appreciate this ova and the nice break it gives from all the pain and suffering. Just let the man subaru have a nice date for once. No suffering to be found here apart from some cold chills. Oh what's this? Petra made some snow bunnies? Kawaii!!!

All the characters had their moments in this but dude RAM just steals the show. Re zero always had witty humor but when it comes to ram she just can't be beat. All in all, I just had so much fun watching this that I want to re-watch the main series again which I didn't dig that much upon first viewing. Maybe I'll come back to it sometime.

For now, as I rate almost purely based on just enjoyment, re: zero memory snow gets a nice fat 8 out of 10 from me.

Hope you will like the show upon rewatching.
May 8, 2021 8:14 PM

Nov 2010
Emilia was so beautiful throughout the movie. I especially liked that Rem + Emilia drunk scene hehe

Poor Rem, she's so into Subaru, but damn, Subaru keeps shooting her down. lol

Anyway, it was a good movie. 7/10
Jul 19, 2021 11:29 AM

Jan 2014
this movie is boring as hell, I fall asleep watching this, maybe because it's not related to the main story.
Aug 15, 2021 4:46 AM

Dec 2013
This was a fun OVA with a konosuba guest appearance!

I really did love the magnificent subuwal along with Suburu and Rosawall's reactions to it.

Drunk Emilia and Rem are too adorable! I can't blame Subaru for wanting a picture of the two.
Oct 2, 2021 3:35 PM
Jul 2018
It was great. Didn't see any problems with the animation.
Nov 21, 2021 11:02 AM

Jul 2017
Was a pretty light 1 hour movie that focused less on the serious plot and more on just chill times, literally. I will say though, the comedy at times was too forced the pretty lame boke-tsukkomi style comedy with Subaru playing the straight man to everyone else and it didn't work here. This movie had its nice, wholesome moments to be a refresher from the main series surrounding Subaru and Beatrice, him with Emilia and Rem respectively, goofing off outside with Petra's snow bunny, etc. But this whole thing could have been half the runtime or at least 20 minutes could easily be cut and it'd be more enjoyable that way for me personally in comparison. Had its boring stretches for sure in the first half.

Drunk Emilia and Rem were a lot more tame than I expected surprisingly. Sure they were a little rowdy compared to their images but not as over the top as I would have expected from characters like them in anime, while drunk.
Nov 28, 2021 8:29 PM
Aug 2017
Rem best girl taking care of Subaru "dont worry ill take care of all your sniffles for you"

Rem + Emilia drunk scene very nice

Emilia and Rem so cute

Also how tf does Ram help release Roswaals energy, it better not be what I think it is

9/10
OceanStream13Nov 28, 2021 8:32 PM
Jan 15, 2022 3:15 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
For something they hyped up in the show but ended up skipping, I like this3.
Aug 31, 2022 5:51 PM
Jun 2017
Definitely watch this. Do not skip just because it's an OVA. Put it right in the middle of your experience with the Director's Cut, and make yourself happy.
Nov 5, 2022 3:00 AM

Apr 2021
This OVA was awesome!!! It had this SOL anime kinda vibe. The snow festival was fun and yeah the animation was pretty good. I liked Rem's personality even more after watching this. Overall this was a fun episode. I wish they could have shown us a little more about Subaru and Emilia's date. But anyways 9/10 for this one.
Dec 26, 2022 12:15 AM

Feb 2020
Ehh, I guess it was ok. Some scenes were quite funny.
Jan 2, 2023 9:27 PM
Feb 2022
nice and also beautifull
Jan 21, 2023 9:07 PM
Sep 2018
Memory snow was a good Re:Zero OVA. Pretty funny. Would recommend watching Re:Zero Season 1 first.
Mar 7, 2023 11:10 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Didnt know what to expect, at the start Ram's expressions where making me laugh a lot but then the plot became kinda dumb and tons of dialogue failed greatly when compared to the main series quality, that said, the last 15-20 minutes to this mini movie were pure bliss, not only the fanservice was great but the composition of the scenes lead to a very relaxing and warm ending, the last part with Subaru and Emilia going on that date, promised at the end of Rezero arc 2 (LN vol3) was such a fitting end to this, connecting to what is cannon in the LN.

Was honestly not expecting such a good ending, just puts one in a really good mood.

8.3/10 = 8

Eoussama said:
For something they hyped up in the show but ended up skipping, I like this3.

It was never skipped in the sense this does not exist in the LN source material, so this OVA was created within the opportunity of feeling the gap there.
Mar 29, 2023 6:19 PM
Apr 2019
enjoyable fluff, loved Emilia's smile at the end
Jul 11, 2023 4:25 PM
Jul 2021
This OVA is funny asf! The constant back and forward between Subaru and Pack/Puck is very funny. This line, for some reason, made me LMAO: Pack, "...but since coming here, I've been trying to behave. I guess this is the result! Teehee!" Subaru, "Teehee, my ass!" 🤣🤣

And this OVA is fill with many such interactions between characters. 
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Sep 29, 2023 11:12 AM
Feb 2022
I watched this couple years ago but still a good movie now

it gives us a break
Jul 28, 12:31 AM
Feb 2023
Just some more lighthearted episode of Re:Zero
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» What is this? should I watch it?

removed_user_123 - Jun 8, 2022

23 by Potatoboy11 »»
Jun 13, 2022 5:49 AM

» When the dub will come?

Raeyy - Sep 11, 2020

4 by Raeyy »»
Jan 2, 2021 10:18 AM

» Konosuba and Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Memory Snow

MannyMoDestE - Jul 19, 2020

2 by KreatorX »»
Jul 20, 2020 5:07 AM

» Movie or OVA???????? WTF

ProxyLain - Nov 27, 2019

4 by TK8878 »»
Jul 17, 2020 8:43 AM

» Chronological Order

SylentFart - May 1, 2020

3 by Nieznajomy43 »»
Jun 5, 2020 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.