Oct 31, 2022 10:23 AM
Apr 2018
yokokotOct 31, 2022 11:20 AM
Oct 31, 2022 10:57 AM
Jul 2022
yes it's a very disappointing answer
Oct 31, 2022 11:19 AM
Jul 2018
Fuutarou doesn't know and doesn't care much about it anymore, he loves the winner for what she was for him in the present and also part of Fuutarou's development was to let go of the memories of the past to concentrate in the present
Oct 31, 2022 11:34 AM
Jan 2021
I can’t remember if there’s any moment in the manga where he realizes she’s the childhood girl. I think he just figures it out off-screen and never brings it up because he doesn’t care that much.
Oct 31, 2022 5:07 PM

Oct 2018
I think not and that was one of the plotholes from the story. Including thr biological father.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Nov 1, 2022 5:06 PM
Aug 2021
I don’t remember seeing it in the manga but I think he doesn’t care because now that he knows how to guess all 5 of them, he probably knows that Rena was Yotsuba
Nov 4, 2022 11:21 AM
Aug 2016
The manga also never stated that he knew it, and i think thats the point of his char-development, he moved on. He then choose the girl only based on what she did to him on his HS time. And these also denied many arguments who stated that fuutarou choose the girl bcause of "childhood girl status" (sadly many still confused at this)
Nov 4, 2022 12:10 PM

Apr 2020
WigoSas said:
Fuutarou doesn't know and doesn't care much about it anymore, he loves the winner for what she was for him in the present and also part of Fuutarou's development was to let go of the memories of the past to concentrate in the present

that makes futaro's choice even more shallow
Nov 4, 2022 1:04 PM
Jul 2018
NaughtySempai said:
WigoSas said:

How? What do you mean?
Nov 4, 2022 3:23 PM
Feb 2015
This is my biggest complaint about Yotsuba winning. If they had just cleared this part up, I could have accepted the ending a lot easier.
Nov 5, 2022 2:18 AM

Apr 2020
WigoSas said:
NaughtySempai said:

How? What do you mean?

i mean i could have accepted his choice if he knows yotsuba is Rena also
but futarou didnt know about this so he choose yotsuba based on present only
but i didnt find any thing bwtween them whole season 1 and season 2 that is why i find his choice kinda shallow
NaughtySempaiNov 5, 2022 12:02 PM
Nov 5, 2022 11:56 AM
Apr 2018
NaughtySempai said:
WigoSas said:

How? What do you mean?

but i didnt find any thing bwtween then whole season 1 and season 2 that is why i find his choice kinda shallow

I generally agree with you.

The only scene that comes to my mind is the swings in season 2 episode 10. In the movie, Fuutarou takes Yotsuba to this park and says that from that day on, it is an important place for him.
Nov 5, 2022 3:38 PM
Jul 2018
NaughtySempai said:
WigoSas said:

How? What do you mean?

but i didnt find any thing bwtween them whole season 1 and season 2 that is why i find his choice kinda shallow

Long message incoming

Oh I see what you mean now but to be fair, when I was an anime only and 2nd just ended I would have guessed that the only winners would be either Yotsuba or Itsuki, exactly because there wasn't a great romantic tension with ANY character.
Fuutarou, in the anime, have showed very little preference in the romantic aspect but on the friend side, Yotsuba and Itsuki were way ahead of others, and where there's no romance yet, friendship (especially with a character like him) is the place you would want to be

When I read the manga (from the start, it's important, anime willingly cut everyone's content except Miku's and Nino's) I realised that there could be only one choice and I was right. It's still surprising to me how to many people it flew over their head.
I think a lot of people conflated the idea of the girls being romantic with the actual progression of the relationship with him. For him there was no such a thing as love, so how can you be romantic with a person who doesn't understand romanticism?

As he started to understand the joy of life and love, he could only see the one who opened him a new world. He started to copy her phrases and mannerism. There's no intrinsec quality she had that made him fall for her. It's the time they spent together, the effort she put to make him see a better world, to make him value friendship and love, to make him happy with the things he really cares about

TL;DR
Fuutarou cares more about friendship, when he started to understand love, he chose the friend he could always count on and he's grateful to
Nov 5, 2022 3:39 PM
Oct 2019
He says it doesn't matter to him anymore but he ends up choosing the girl who happens to be her again! He fell for her twice!
Nov 6, 2022 8:44 AM

Apr 2020
WigoSas said:
NaughtySempai said:

Long message incoming

Oh I see what you mean now but to be fair, when I was an anime only and 2nd just ended I would have guessed that the only winners would be either Yotsuba or Itsuki, exactly because there wasn't a great romantic tension with ANY character.
Fuutarou, in the anime, have showed very little preference in the romantic aspect but on the friend side, Yotsuba and Itsuki were way ahead of others, and where there's no romance yet, friendship (especially with a character like him) is the place you would want to be

When I read the manga (from the start, it's important, anime willingly cut everyone's content except Miku's and Nino's) I realised that there could be only one choice and I was right. It's still surprising to me how to many people it flew over their head.
I think a lot of people conflated the idea of the girls being romantic with the actual progression of the relationship with him. For him there was no such a thing as love, so how can you be romantic with a person who doesn't understand romanticism?

As he started to understand the joy of life and love, he could only see the one who opened him a new world. He started to copy her phrases and mannerism. There's no intrinsec quality she had that made him fall for her. It's the time they spent together, the effort she put to make him see a better world, to make him value friendship and love, to make him happy with the things he really cares about

TL;DR
Fuutarou cares more about friendship, when he started to understand love, he chose the friend he could always count on and he's grateful to

to be honest i would root for yotsuba if there's more screen time
yotsuba as a winner might be justified in manga but its not manga na?
we cant judge anime with manga pov

honestly there's wasnt much of romantism or friendship moments we got between futarou and yotsuba in season 1 and season2
aside from ep 10 of season 2 and early season1 episodes where yotsuba being first to start study

i just didnt get any connection between them and since i am anime only , i honestly can judge from what i can seee
so aside movie where they just throw all character development on face ,there wasnt much of yotsuba ....that's what my problem is

i liked Miku and Nino
but yeah anime didn't hint anything like either Nino or Miku are winner
also i considered Itsuki could be winner , infact i felt Itsuki would be the winner
Itsuki had less screen time but still i found Itsuki and futarou's conversation being connecting, i felt they can connect pretty good as couples
also, if you noticed in movie Itsuki was the only one not to kiss futarou so that further strengthen my prediction

but they didnt need to throw DAD issue in the end to show Itsuki's character development

that's why yotsuba being a winner in the end felt like something being thrown on my face
Nov 6, 2022 10:48 AM
Jul 2018
NaughtySempai said:
WigoSas said:

Long message incoming

TL;DR

to be honest i would root for yotsuba if there's more screen time
yotsuba as a winner might be justified in manga but its not manga na?
we cant judge anime with manga pov

honestly there's wasnt much of romantism or friendship moments we got between futarou and yotsuba in season 1 and season2
aside from ep 10 of season 2 and early season1 episodes where yotsuba being first to start study

i just didnt get any connection between them and since i am anime only , i honestly can judge from what i can seee
so aside movie where they just throw all character development on face ,there wasnt much of yotsuba ....that's what my problem is

i liked Miku and Nino
but yeah anime didn't hint anything like either Nino or Miku are winner
also i considered Itsuki could be winner , infact i felt Itsuki would be the winner
Itsuki had less screen time but still i found Itsuki and futarou's conversation being connecting, i felt they can connect pretty good as couples
also, if you noticed in movie Itsuki was the only one not to kiss futarou so that further strengthen my prediction

but they didnt need to throw DAD issue in the end to show Itsuki's character development

that's why yotsuba being a winner in the end felt like something being thrown on my face

I have to agree with you, anime didn't do a good job explaining how the things went on. Even if they cut Itsuki's content, the relationship felt similar to the manga, just a bit more nuanced in the og form

Yotsuba's and Fuutarou's contents were probably the ones most affected by the cuts and it's a shame. Both her screentime and a big part of his and her development wasn't shown. More than half of their date was cut, her past was greatly reduced, the chapter where her friend questioned her if he was her boyfriend since they're always together, he talking to his shiny friend and casually referring to her and was on the swing with his feet, all the parts before the school festival where he says: "Let's enjoy this to the fullest"

Probably because I relate on a personal level with Fuutarou's way of thinking, I was able to understand this even in the anime.
Nov 26, 2022 12:17 AM
Oct 2021
come on guys, use common sense.

obviously he knew it was her, does the other really have to put it IN WRITING for you to figure something like that out?

Candy:

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GreyratAnimelist - May 19, 2022

360 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Sep 9, 11:52 AM

» I did NOT like who he choose at the end ( 1 2 )

Megan1918 - Apr 15

55 by Eclipsemaster »»
Sep 7, 4:14 AM

» The hate on this movie is undeserved

did4375 - Jul 6

21 by patkarunungan »»
Aug 19, 2:58 AM

» New Anime Project!!!

Hachii13 - Apr 25

29 by speedranime_ »»
Apr 27, 5:03 AM

» How are you guys coping with your sunken ship? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Oct 27, 2022

83 by Lafan »»
Mar 30, 11:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.