Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ghost in the Shell Standalone Complex
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 29, 2021 4:14 AM

May 2018
Gator said:
How did they not die within that explosion? xD

It was a fake memory implanted into his brain
Nov 23, 2022 7:01 PM
Oct 2017
This episode is really special for me because having two minds join and blend together was the question left at the ending of the original movie with the major and the puppet master. I was expecting the series would focus on this plot alone since there is a lot to think and explore which such concept, but well the series took a different turn and despite that I am still enjoying it.

"And where does the newborn go from here?"
Dec 7, 2022 1:16 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Took me a minute to realize that the explosion WAS the memory of Tsujisaki's "successful assassination" that they made.

Thought the sniper-fake-out was a smart move indeed, but I don't know why he had to leave the sniper there in the first place, as well as leaving the student of the uniform he stole there as well which would be super risky in tipping everyone off. Just don't bring the sniper at all, and acquire the uniform beforehand. If you could have a super long range sniper disassembled and sent via multiple separate packages, I'm sure you'd find the resources to get a hold of a simple uniform. Maybe, despite his drive to assassinate, Tsujisaki (or rather, his father, or both) WANTED to be stopped. He was definitely close to succeeding though. If I'm not mistaken, this would be the first time in this show where section 9 would've been beat.

Still honestly one of my favourite episodes yet; if not my most favourite. Would have to think on that one. Glad that these aren't just mindless thrillers, but also consist of a deeper look at our characters- particularly Aramaki, who gets another episode mainly focused on him. He does what has to be done; he doesn't let his feelings get in the way. They were both just "war buddies", after all.

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Sep 6, 11:20 PM

May 2015
What a dangerous inheritance. The son learned his father's assassin skills, but he also gained his darkest impulse and memories. Whoever that new person is, I'm sure they'll still care about their sister.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OranSolus - Jul 17, 2008

158 by Magicmist »»
Sep 23, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OranSolus - Jul 17, 2008

89 by Magicmist »»
Sep 22, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

aero - Sep 8, 2008

114 by Magicmist »»
Sep 21, 8:26 PM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Sep 8, 2008

51 by Magicmist »»
Sep 21, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Jul 12, 2008

78 by Magicmist »»
Sep 19, 12:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.