Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 3, 2022 7:41 AM

Mar 2020
Hey guys. So, as the title says, I wanted to know whether the movie ended with the story more or less conclusively or not. I'm interested in watching this, but I don't really want to watch it and then have to wait 3 years for a sequel to be released.

Thanks in advance!
Oct 3, 2022 8:11 AM
Sep 2021
Sorry for bad english,
I don't know much, but the story will be continued in the mobile game.

Movie ends well as a conclusion. however It really worth to watch for anime only, at least in my opinion.

I don't know if someday gonna release sequel or something like that.
But Movie already great as ending of this series. I mean don't worry about it.
Just watch it.
Oct 3, 2022 8:49 AM

Mar 2020
Amranhakim8 said:
Sorry for bad english,
I don't know much, but the story will be continued in the mobile game.

Movie ends well as a conclusion. however It really worth to watch for anime only, at least in my opinion.

I don't know if someday gonna release sequel or something like that.
But Movie already great as ending of this series. I mean don't worry about it.
Just watch it.

Great, thanks a lot for the answer!
Oct 3, 2022 9:19 AM

Jul 2016
Revue Starlight is a weird franchise because between anime, mobile game and stage plays, it features three different storylines and neither of them are precisely interconnected.

Anime - There is the first season and THIS movie serves as conclusion for the animated project. So yes, this movie concludes the story for the anime so you can watch it.

Mobile Game - It's basically a sequel to the anime's first season but the story takes another direction with the cast still remaining as second-years and the introduction of other 3-4 theater schools.

Stage Plays - The franchise started as a stage play back in 2017 actually. The anime came afterwards. Anyways, there a lot of stage plays and their plots can differ from one another. Some of them can have a different storyline while others are basically events from both the anime and game but taken to a live stage performance.
Oct 3, 2022 11:59 AM

Mar 2020
SouthRzVa said:
Revue Starlight is a weird franchise because between anime, mobile game and stage plays, it features three different storylines and neither of them are precisely interconnected.

Anime - There is the first season and THIS movie serves as conclusion for the animated project. So yes, this movie concludes the story for the anime so you can watch it.

Mobile Game - It's basically a sequel to the anime's first season but the story takes another direction with the cast still remaining as second-years and the introduction of other 3-4 theater schools.

Stage Plays - The franchise started as a stage play back in 2017 actually. The anime came afterwards. Anyways, there a lot of stage plays and their plots can differ from one another. Some of them can have a different storyline while others are basically events from both the anime and game but taken to a live stage performance.

Thanks for the in-depth answer! So, if I'm interpreting this correctly, can I watch the anime by itself and not miss out on any necessary content from the stage plays or game?
Oct 3, 2022 3:00 PM
Feb 2022
In fact, it starts with the story of the anime series, after that comes the story of the mobile game, and after the game, the movie. I discovered this in the game, because in the last chapters of the game, I already gave some clues in the dialogues about the movie, which comes later. Oh! and after the movie was released, the director of both the anime and the movie officially spoke a few months ago that he thinks this is not the end. Maybe we'll have more soon. :⁠-⁠)
MariaCl12441984Oct 3, 2022 3:03 PM
Oct 3, 2022 4:00 PM

Jul 2016
Squilon said:
SouthRzVa said:

Thanks for the in-depth answer! So, if I'm interpreting this correctly, can I watch the anime by itself and not miss out on any necessary content from the stage plays or game?

Exactly. You can watch the anime and the sequel movie and you will be perfectly fine.
Feb 13, 2023 10:21 AM

Mar 2020
SouthRzVa said:
Squilon said:

Exactly. You can watch the anime and the sequel movie and you will be perfectly fine.
Great, thanks a lot!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight Movie Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 30, 2021

46 by GenesisAria »»
Apr 26, 7:17 PM

» Picture change request

GNOATXELELITE - Jan 14, 2022

2 by KitsuFrost »»
Mar 18, 2023 5:16 PM

» Where i can watch this movie ??

PANDORAXXX - Jul 15, 2021

5 by KitsuFrost »»
Mar 18, 2023 3:57 AM

» IS THE FANDOM DEAD?

cotimaku - Apr 29, 2022

8 by Dontbannedmemal7 »»
Sep 9, 2022 5:52 AM

» Can I watch this without having seen the show?

Gattz - May 28, 2022

5 by zech »»
Jun 8, 2022 8:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.