Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2022 1:12 AM

Jan 2015
Oof— that was a lot to take in. The arc seems to be going strong already. In this chapter we found about the man’s body from the last chapter. And there was a lot of interesting stuff. First of all, another great design, Tepaste is looking great. She’s quite the seductive and quirky type. I want to know more about her hair too. And the fact that she doesn’t have a whistle, makes her really interesting.

I’m REALLY curious about the nest in the second layer and the priestess. Tepaste seems to have some connections with this priestess, so I’m sure we will soon know more about it. It was also crazy seeing Umbra’s hands, Ozen’s crew, Jirou and Habolg again. That was really weird. I missed them and I hope we get to see more of them maybe when we will know what has happened to Orth while the main party was in the sixth layer.

Clavari and Tepaste reach the sixth layer after some time, and they somehow avoided Bondrewd. I’m guessing there’s another route. Here Clavari dies and Tepaste is being chased by a narehate whistle— Nishagora. That is quite the design lol. I wonder why she was chasing them and how she became a Blessed One. I need some good explanation for that because I’m not a fan of it at the moment. I thought mantaining a blessed body was an exclusive thing of the village and Bondrewd’s experiments. Perhaps she was involved?

Also, before people ask, this whole chapter (aside from when Klavary and Tepaste reached the sixth layer which collides with the present) happened BEFORE Riko and Reg departed.

Peijin was with Habolg, Gyarike and the other subterrean when they reached what I believe was the nest. However, Peijin dies in chapter 27 page 11 when Gyarike burned down to ashes the flower garden in the 4th layer.

PART 2

HOLY SHIT OMGGGG IS THAT SRAJO????? LMAOO I CAN’T RNNNN.
Anyways, a much chiller chapter but nonetheless amazing. Tepaste and Nishagora reunites with our heroes and we reach an hideout. Not surprised, I kinda figured there would be some a human settlement somewhere, but I wasn’t expecting to meet Srajo like that. She’s smoking hot. 10/10 chapter for the Srajo reveal.
XenocrisiJun 29, 2022 10:31 PM
May 20, 2022 4:42 AM
May 2011
Tepaste said to senpai, "先輩、このあと一発やっていきません?" was shocking :-)
(The literal translation is "Senpai, would you like to have a shot after this?", but "一発" is slang for sex)
May 21, 2022 10:59 PM
Jan 2022
Was hoping to see a glimpse of the 7th layer still nonetheless an interesting chapter
May 24, 2022 5:15 PM

Jul 2010
That's one THICK chapter, man. And finally some glimpse at other delvers and mysteries of this world. Great read
May 25, 2022 4:12 AM
May 2011
The title of this discussion says "Chapter 62.5/63". "62.5" makes it sound like it is between Chapters 62 and 63, but in fact the 62.5 portion is subtitled "ハワユードコカ(How are you, somewhere) #4" (the main story is subtitled "Hello Abyss") and not necessarily between 62 and 63.

There have already been various discussions as to which point in the story "ハワユードコカ #4" actually is.

Note: "ハワユードコカ #1 - #3" appear in volume 6 of the book.
May 25, 2022 11:27 AM
Jul 2018
Lord it seems they are taking a U-turn from here and I was not even ready for that titanish surprise.
May 26, 2022 7:39 AM
Apr 2021
Xenocrisi said:
However, Peijin dies in chapter 27 page 11 when Gyarike burned down to ashes the flower garden in the 4th layer.

who is this peijin guy?
May 26, 2022 9:26 AM
Jan 2020
So the shrine maiden is likely Reg's creator. This is for two reasons.

First, the gentle knock (the new attachment that replace Reg's missing arm) was found on Cravali's corpse. The gentle knock was perfectly calibrated to Reg BEFORE the group did anything to it. If Cravali really was a part of the shrine maiden's group, then his equipment that was found was probably loaned by the shrine maiden. In the beginning of the chapter, Yelme stole nuts and bolts from Tempeste which would suggest that the person they are working for in some sort of engineer- which would be a clue that the shirne maiden is Reg's creator.

Second, in chapter 61, Faputa mentioned that "someone related to Reg" is at the entrance to the seventh layer which is where the group is headed. This means that we are potentially leading up to Reg's story- which would make sense why the shrine maiden was mentioned in this chapter.

BelafuMay 27, 2022 6:28 AM
May 26, 2022 4:46 PM

Jan 2015
kiwikawa_uwu said:
Xenocrisi said:
However, Peijin dies in chapter 27 page 11 when Gyarike burned down to ashes the flower garden in the 4th layer.

who is this peijin guy?

An umbra hand, one of Bondrewd’s assistants.
May 30, 2022 8:47 AM
Oct 2020
Amazing chapter with so many things
May 30, 2022 9:49 AM
Jul 2018
I feel bad for Tepasté and Cravali...
Jun 11, 2022 8:16 AM

Jul 2021
Finally caught up with this series and I know the season 2 content will be great! Also a whole new arc full of an unexpected setup of the whole pub where workers do their job to the deed and people just enjoy their foods. There are many new characters introduced and one that pique my interest is Cravali and Tepaste because they both are in their own seperation circumstance in the surface of the layer so it must've been difficult yikes but interesting the mangaka tries to show more about them prior to the whole dead end. Also do people use broth on their rice lol? That's something unheard of in my end and I wouldn't do it with rice unless it's ramen noodle. It's also nice to see Jirou who helps the childrens with a word of wisdom and Halborg, missing him with his old folklores moment. Apparently Halborg is an expedition in parts of the layer to dig for the Blue Whistle routes and they're pretty straightforward with all the plan and strategies in order to move forward, good stuff.
Jun 30, 2022 1:06 AM

Jan 2015
Part 2 is out. Will keep the same thread I guess.
Jun 30, 2022 4:09 PM
Oct 2020
Is the boob window required among female delvers or something?
Jun 30, 2022 9:22 PM

Jul 2013
Loving this new arc already, the last arc was not it for me tbh, so excited for this one
Jul 1, 2022 4:30 AM

Jul 2021
Chapter 63.2 is out (just realized)

The adventure continues and they're unraveling a trap reaction it seems. Ngl can't wait to see Faputa get along with the crew as the adventure progresses! Also Reg you don't smell, the world is at its own fragrance so maybe that's where it's coming from, or just by sense would be it, and uh, Faputa is sensing some overlapping coming in their way :S Glad to see Tepaste and Nishagora contributing to this new arc, they appeared in one of the side stories if I'm not mistaken but their names were forgettable. The owner of the White whistles is determined by their shape and form :o The interesting analogy about Miko and this unknown whistle they're going to investigate. Reg and his crew have been through sequences of dangerous events and managed to think rationally along the way. Faputa my sweetheart, you surely got instincts don't ya? This panel said myself about my own curiosity about Faputa's character's behavior and thinking along the journey. Eventually, they went to a place called the 5th Boundary Camp. Faputa's face is a mood btw. The place is very well organized indeed. The panel always describes what I want to say x) THE INTRODUCTION OF THIS ARC is giving me tension already. "What's your goal Riko? What do you wanna achieve? " - the chief asked and the REVEAL OF SRAJO AKA LORD OF MYSTERY!!!!! (You can refer back to Chapter 15 where that the person who revealed themselves was in disguise)
Jul 1, 2022 4:47 AM

Nov 2018
I'm curious about the two "faceless children" from the Srajo's group. Also looks like Srajo's group doesn't know where Lyza is
Jul 1, 2022 11:52 AM
Jul 2009
Rexnihilo said:

Even the Dude walks around with a bare chest.

Maybe it's just Srajo's preference?

"You wanna join Hail Hex, eh? TITS OUT!"
Jul 1, 2022 11:56 AM
Oct 2020
Alamut said:
Rexnihilo said:

Even the Dude walks around with a bare chest.

Maybe it's just Srajo's preference?

"You wanna join Hail Hex, eh? TITS OUT!"

Oh yeah even the guy. I guess it's their uniform? or maybe it's hot or something?
Jul 2, 2022 5:16 PM

May 2019
Faputa is TOTAL FREAKED OUT in this 63.5 lol

Her scared faces are priceless.
Jul 2, 2022 5:44 PM

May 2019
Btw, the boob window is the newfound fetish of the author. He is not even trying to hide this fact.
Rob7Jul 30, 2022 5:00 PM
Jul 6, 2022 9:32 PM
Jul 2017
Loved seeing all of Faputas reactions/face expressions in the backgrounds, so fun haha
Jul 21, 2022 9:50 AM
Jun 2019
The 2000 years thing is briefly mentioned in the bonus chapter #2 (Mio, volume 6) with the age of the praying skeletons which are 2000yo and below they found others which are 4000 and below those others that are 6000.
Jul 27, 2022 3:12 PM

Mar 2020
what if tepaste is a real srajo and the older woman is impostor? tepaste had some bird claw like attack, no one recognized her, and srajo's signature look is that of a bird man mask.
Jul 30, 2022 4:57 PM

May 2019
LOL at the extra pages (ch. 63.5/end of volume).

I told you so.

Btw, don't get too attached to the new characters that are being introduced in this arc.

MiA is tragic.

TRAGIC.

Rob7Jul 30, 2022 5:04 PM
Jul 30, 2022 5:23 PM

Apr 2019
Tepaste is my new fav. damn what a personality. I hope to see more of her.
Also chapter 63.5. ommigawd. defo waifu material.
and the Cravali big guy was cool to. His goodbye was really impactful.

The new white whistle team seems so interesting and so flashy.

2lifeJul 30, 2022 5:38 PM

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
Aug 17, 2022 10:41 AM

Apr 2012
Holy mother fucking hell, I loved Srajo's design. Kinda surprised he is a she, but pleasantly. A lot of stuffs also boiling up and since they're so close to the 7th layer, I'd assume some kinda of obstacles is there, hence Srajo and her crew stationed there. My gf also has some crazy theory about Wakuna related to the shrine maiden.
Can't wait for the next chapters
Aug 18, 2022 12:40 PM

Jul 2013
Always assumed Srajo would be a male. Somehow never thought her plague doctor suit covers most of her body, so the possibility of her being a chick was there. Not that I am complaining kek.
I wonder if Srajo will be as twisted as the White Whistles we have seen so far, she doesn't looks like unhinged or creepy (the mutltiple whistles non-withstanding), but inhabiting the Hell hole that it is the 6th layer is not something the average delver can do, so she may have done some shady things for that feat. I don't think she'll come to Bonedad's levels of fucked up stuff, but you'll never know.
Aug 27, 2022 3:39 AM
May 2016
So I just realised something. This nest was discovered before Riko and Reg departed, and Hablog was down there. He came back with Lyza's White Whistle. Could the whistle have been found in or around the nest? I'm very interested in what will happen next.
Sep 1, 2022 11:40 AM
Jul 2020
when is the next one
Sep 12, 2022 12:44 AM

Oct 2017
Dual_Reflex said:
when is the next one
The series has no set serialisation, could be 2-4 months if anything.
Sep 30, 2022 10:11 AM
Jul 2018
Nintendo said:
So I just realised something. This nest was discovered before Riko and Reg departed, and Hablog was down there. He came back with Lyza's White Whistle. Could the whistle have been found in or around the nest? I'm very interested in what will happen next.

Didn't Ozen take the whistle, letter and Lyza's weapon from her grave and give it to Hablog?
Oct 2, 2022 6:36 PM

Feb 2021
So 63.5 is another gratiuos free fetish author san ideas .... come on 4 months and he does that
Has been 7 years since i start reading this and barely anything happens
Oct 3, 2022 7:40 AM
Sep 2018
Loved the new characters!
Oct 20, 2022 12:01 AM
Nov 2016
I'm not a Made in Abyss fan or anything, I didn't like season 1 nor the movie that much but I liked season 2 a lot (the 2nd half that is), I ended up giving that season a 9/10 anyways because I loved the 2nd half so yeah, now I'm somewhat interested about Made in Abyss and started reading the manga where season 2 left off.

I finally caught up to the latest manga, so far so good and these new characters are quite interesting. Too bad the manga releases are slow, at this pace we won't have a season 3 in like 6 years or more, damn.
Oct 31, 2022 4:29 AM

Mar 2020
It's been over 6 months

at this point it's pretty much on hiatus

Dec 5, 2022 3:28 PM
Sep 2020
KuroNekoAlchemy said:
It's been over 6 months

at this point it's pretty much on hiatus

yeah pretty much, does anyone know why?
Dec 31, 2022 7:17 PM
Jan 2020

The author's health is pretty bad, he's been to and from the hospital in the last few years. Specifically, he has to avoid taking his heart medication when he drawing up the manga because it makes him drowsy. But, avoiding the medication messes with him too.
Jan 17, 2023 1:48 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
large chapter and very interesting with the new characters in this 6th layer!!!

kekeke
Jan 22, 2023 8:52 AM

Jul 2010
Belafu said:

The author's health is pretty bad, he's been to and from the hospital in the last few years. Specifically, he has to avoid taking his heart medication when he drawing up the manga because it makes him drowsy. But, avoiding the medication messes with him too.
Damn this sounds awful... you either feel like shit or you draw manga.
Mar 5, 2023 6:15 PM
Dec 2021
pior que boku no pico lol!!!!!
Jun 10, 2023 9:25 PM
Jul 2017
back story intro and shrine maiden intro
tepaste intro was nice, how deep did she go and how does her nail change into a claw?
who was pursuing them?
srajo being a female was a nice twist 
silent_lurkerJun 10, 2023 9:34 PM
Sep 23, 1:59 AM

Jun 2020
61 PAGES? We were FED. I was about to complain how I've taken a 2 1/2 year break and there's only been 7 new pages, but this chapter was super great.

I loved all the worldbuilding and the POV switch. I'm sure our main group is going to meet up with Tepaste eventually.
Sep 23, 2:06 AM

Jun 2020
63.2: Wow! We met Tapesta right away LOL. Seeing Faputa afraid got me trembling, since she was so OP last arc. We finally get to meet Srajo!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 69 Discussion

Satou0Kun - Aug 31

25 by topfloorboss45 »»
Oct 18, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 68 Discussion

Satou0Kun - Aug 31

6 by nanajp »»
Oct 16, 3:49 PM

» When is the manga likely to end

loafing_loafer - Sep 22

6 by ZachyMoof »»
Oct 4, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 67 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Feb 14

34 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 27, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 61 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Oct 19, 2021

29 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 24, 10:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.