Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 4, 2022 8:12 PM
Mar 2021
So LL Superstar episode 8 was delayed because of 'Covid' but I'm just not buying it. Superstar season 1 would have been being animated during the worst of the virus, yet there was no delay (except for the Olympics). So what actually happened?
I was talking to someone who's been following the series for years, and he thinks that they were unable to find someone to outsource the episode to for the deadline. Sadly, most Sunrise shows nowadays rely on heavy outsourcing from studios like Project 9, Silver Link, and JC Staff (it's one of the reasons Nijigasaki season 2 had such poor animation in some episodes). And if true, it would make a lot of sense. But what do you guys think? Any other theories?
Sep 4, 2022 8:23 PM

Nov 2011
it's possible that, besides covid, the producers had to delay airing the episode because there's a cat-3 typhoon coming.
https://www.accuweather.com/en/hurricane/hinnamnor-barreling-toward-south-korea-japan-with-life-threatening-impacts-expected/1240229
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-08-31/super-typhoon-threatening-japan-is-2022-s-strongest-storm
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Sep 5, 2022 12:20 AM
Jul 2018
It was delayed because of fucking covid which is kind of a serious thing still in Japan
Sep 5, 2022 12:32 AM
Mar 2022
because covid and sunrise make Mobile Suit Gundam the Witch from Mercury coming
Sep 5, 2022 9:08 AM
Dec 2021
Aw Crap, how does Monday get any lower!
Sep 5, 2022 4:39 PM
Mar 2021
Patrick_Earwood said:
It was delayed because of fucking covid which is kind of a serious thing still in Japan

Such anger, feels so good.
Sep 5, 2022 4:40 PM
Mar 2021

That's actually a good point. Maybe they said Covid as a way to not spread alarm?
Sep 5, 2022 4:44 PM
Mar 2021
newkung007 said:

I just don't believe the Covid excuse; at least not on its own, but maybe it's indirectly the problem. Just curious, but were there any other animes in 2022 that delayed an episode because of covid? Also Sunrise isn't exactly some tiny company, I'm surprised out of all the companies they'd be the one that would blame covid for this.
Sep 6, 2022 5:19 AM

Sep 2009
DaddyDubs said:
newkung007 said:

I just don't believe the Covid excuse; at least not on its own, but maybe it's indirectly the problem. Just curious, but were there any other animes in 2022 that delayed an episode because of covid? Also Sunrise isn't exactly some tiny company, I'm surprised out of all the companies they'd be the one that would blame covid for this.

dude get over yourself. Covid is still around and despite what you think, there is no cure. Japan is taking the disease very seriously with many company optioning to allow people to work at home rather then send them to the office.
Sep 6, 2022 6:49 AM
Mar 2021
komic said:
DaddyDubs said:

dude get over yourself. Covid is still around and despite what you think, there is no cure. Japan is taking the disease very seriously with many company optioning to allow people to work at home rather then send them to the office.

Dude; calm your tits, I was just asking if there were any other animes that were delayed in 2022 because of Covid. I'm actually amazed just how childish the Love Live community can be just because I said I don't buy an excuse that the studio put out. This isn't a debate on a virus this is me saying I don't buy Sunrise's excuse. Considering that a lot of anime studios do shady things I don't think it's unfair to question them here.
Sep 6, 2022 6:54 AM

Apr 2014
There were also some seiyuu who got positive results for COVID testing before. This could also affect production.
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 6, 2022 7:38 AM
Mar 2021
AkeZZZ said:
There were also some seiyuu who got positive results for COVID testing before. This could also affect production.

Now that's more believable. And I've heard that most studios won't let you just send in your lines, you actually have to go down to the voice recording studio to voice act.
Sep 7, 2022 4:56 PM
Apr 2022
OP gaslighting much?
Creates conspiracy theory about why episode is delayed.
Then trolls people giving legitimate, direct, proper, appropriate and correct answers.
What an idiot.
Sep 7, 2022 6:07 PM
Mar 2021
thehornedrat said:
OP gaslighting much?
Creates conspiracy theory about why episode is delayed.
Then trolls people giving legitimate, direct, proper, appropriate and correct answers.
What an idiot.

Gaslighting (as defined by Oxford)
"manipulate (someone) by psychological means into questioning their own sanity."
This is not what I did.
Sep 8, 2022 9:05 PM

Dec 2013
Eh, besides it actually being Covid I'm not too sure. I think it could just be poor management and missing deadlines but it's anyone's guess really.
Sep 9, 2022 4:38 PM
Mar 2021
RealMTL said:
Eh, besides it actually being Covid I'm not too sure. I think it could just be poor management and missing deadlines but it's anyone's guess really.

Yeah that's what I was thinking.
Sep 9, 2022 11:44 PM
Nov 2020
DaddyDubs said:
AkeZZZ said:

Now that's more believable. And I've heard that most studios won't let you just send in your lines, you actually have to go down to the voice recording studio to voice act.

The past few weeks when anime was aired Sayurin got infected the virus and when she recovered Nagio is infected and adding the taxi incident when Sayu, Lii-chan and Peiko was involved that's why Sunrise studio 8 decided to delay the episode and Sunrise is hella a big studio so don't fret
Sep 10, 2022 7:57 PM
Mar 2021
The past few weeks when anime was aired Sayurin got infected the virus and when she recovered Nagio is infected and adding the taxi incident when Sayu, Lii-chan and Peiko was involved that's why Sunrise studio 8 decided to delay the episode and Sunrise is hella a big studio so don't fret[/quote]
Taxi incident?
Sep 10, 2022 8:12 PM

Apr 2014
DaddyDubs said:
The past few weeks when anime was aired Sayurin got infected the virus and when she recovered Nagio is infected and adding the taxi incident when Sayu, Lii-chan and Peiko was involved that's why Sunrise studio 8 decided to delay the episode and Sunrise is hella a big studio so don't fret

Taxi incident? [/quote]

They were involving in an accident months ago, in the beginning of July, during the show recording. Sayurin and Peiko got some minor injuries but Liyuu got the most affect and needed to rest for recovery for about one month.

https://twitter.com/liyuustaff/status/1545325209414017024?s=21&t=E2ar7ABVMfB8ZK7SsbAH5w
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 10, 2022 8:23 PM
Mar 2021
AkeZZZ said:
DaddyDubs said:

Taxi incident?

They were involving in an accident months ago, in the beginning of July, during the show recording. Sayurin and Peiko got some minor injuries but Liyuu got the most affect and needed to rest for recovery for about one month.

https://twitter.com/liyuustaff/status/1545325209414017024?s=21&t=E2ar7ABVMfB8ZK7SsbAH5w[/quote]

Wow, that's crazy. I can't even imagine how much these girls must be going through in their lives. No way in hell I'd ever do something like that, regardless of the pay.
Sep 11, 2022 8:37 AM
Nov 2020
RealMTL said:

Realistically? No. Sunrise studio 8 is well known for doing animation on-schedule. It's just the Sayurin and Nagio COVID infection happen and when Sayurin recovered Sayu, Lii-chan and Peiko got in a taxi incident and Lii-chan is affected the most that's why she has to rest in one month while the anime was aired

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Sep 25, 2022

43 by Myetx »»
Yesterday, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 21, 2022

39 by Myetx »»
Oct 22, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Aug 14, 2022

50 by Myetx »»
Oct 22, 5:57 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 17, 2022

60 by Myetx »»
Oct 16, 5:01 AM

» Any News on the English Dub?

TheOmniPantheon - Jul 2, 2023

2 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Oct 2, 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.