Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]
Sep 2, 2022 11:18 PM
Jun 2014
Glad you're finally starting to see the light, Kirara-san, haha ;) But yeah, this forced distance between them has always frustrated me. For example how Chihaya didn't even THINK about Arata when she obsessively invited everyone who played Karuta to Taichi's b'day bash! I mean I could only assume her reasons for not inviting him, so I'd have appreciated if Suetsugu had allowed her to show at least some consideration or conflicted feelings, you know... But not a single thought?! I don't buy that... I can't buy that... But as you said, it wouldn't have mattered in the end... SIGH.

I'm interested in hearing your theory if you're okay with sharing it, but it's no problem if you don't feel like it as you said. 10 years is a long time. I can't even imagine how you must have felt about the painful rematch between Ara-Chiha... following it monthly would have been sheer torture...

Nobody but Taichi fans would say it's only because of the ship... most Arata and Chihaya fans along with a few sensible Taichi fans would agree with you about many of the things you've mentioned...

Have you read any of Suetsugu's previous works? I've only heard about one Hana something... Chihaya-lookalike dates Arata-lookalike for a while but in the end, her true love turns out to be the rich and perfect Taichi-lookalike, and Arata-lookalike gives her up so she could find true happiness... I'm only talking about romance here, but I wonder if it's a pattern, cause I've seen a few covers of her other works, and whenever there's a male lead it's always the Taichi-lookalike...

AvishSep 3, 2022 1:07 AM
Sep 4, 2022 4:03 AM
Jan 2022
Avish said:
I'm interested in hearing your theory if you're okay with sharing it, but it's no problem if you don't feel like it as you said.

Ok, so... I won't expand too much (as I said I don't have energy for this anymore). But I thought it had to do with the psychological concept of 'shadow' (disclaimer: I am not a trained psychologist!). The idea is that when you have a psychological trait or emotion you subconsciously try to suppress, it can come out in an 'ugly' form. As such, because of his grief, Arata had been trying to suppress his own competitiveness, which came out in the match with Taichi in his 'ugly form', the demon mode. That's because back then he was still trying to emulate his grandpa, if you remember he only accepted the idea of Taichi as a rival after remembering his grandpa also had a rival. However, in the fifth match against Suo, he had finally let go of trying to emulate grandpa, he wasn't repressing himself anymore, so his competitive side was allowed to come into light with a much more positive tone. Hence, he looked bright and optimistic instead of a 'demon'.

That's it in general lines, but remember these are the thoughts of someone who loved Arata very much and was willing to try to understand him - unlike Suetsugu. When an Arata fan confronted her on Twitter, her justification was that 'Arata is quiet'. As if quiet people don't have thoughts and feelings too. But, of course, you have to be willing to listen, and Suetsugu clearly wasn't - she spoke about how she found Taichi easy to write/draw, the implication being that Arata was 'difficult'.

A better author would have made the effort to listen to both, but I guess Suetsugu is the type of person who avoids what's 'difficult' - writing about love without using cliches? Difficult. Listening to Arata? Difficult. Shedding some light on Arata's grandpa? Difficult. It's clear to me now why she plagiarised in the past - she likes to take the easy way out under pressure, and just hope that no-one notices. The ending of Chihayafuru was one of these occasions: just piling up old-school shojo tropes one on top of the other, even if they make absolute no sense with the rest of the story. I'm not saying that she's not talented or had-working but she clearly lacks the ability to deliver under pressure that we see on the great authors. Because of that, I won't touch any of her other works, past or future. I don't hate her but I am absolutely done with her.
KiraraChinSep 4, 2022 10:04 PM
Sep 5, 2022 1:11 AM
Jun 2014
It's a really interesting theory, Kirara-san, but you are clearly trying to move on from this mess, and it feels wrong to keep dragging you back... so I'm gonna refrain my usual curiosity :)
Sep 5, 2022 11:23 PM
Jan 2022
Thanks @Avish for your understanding, and sorry, yes I don't see the point anymore. But I hope you can find someone who does :)
Nov 6, 2022 5:59 AM
Jun 2014
Guys! How is everybody? Doing fine I hope :)

So, any interest/thoughts on the extra chapter? There seem to be decent amount of Arata and some interesting interaction between Sumire and him. Any chance of translation of Arata related content, Taichi-kun?
Oct 6, 2023 5:37 AM

Nov 2018

Wow, has it been a year already? more or less, a whole year and I still am not over Arata lol
    really wow, was I ever obsessed with another character like this? xd

This place is probably deserted now but I still want to leave some more traces here ...
    So I guess, I'll come back some time later ...
Nov 4, 2023 6:54 AM

Feb 2019

Hey Taichi
    & everyone else ^^
    I just passed by too ..hope everyone is fine..
Nov 17, 2023 1:05 AM

Nov 2018
Reply to iNameless_

Hey Taichi
    & everyone else ^^
    I just passed by too ..hope everyone is fine..
@iNameless_ ^___^
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]

More topics from this board

» G.A.L.L.E.R.Y ใ‚ท ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

MashimaTaichi_ - Aug 1, 2020

221 by iNameless_ »»
Nov 4, 2023 6:48 AM

Poll: » One Mashima Taichi โ˜พ, FANS ๐Ÿ‘ฅ & ARATA ๐Ÿ‘“

MashimaTaichi_ - Apr 24, 2020

34 by iNameless_ »»
Nov 4, 2023 6:44 AM

» ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐”๐ฉ, ๐‚๐ก๐ข๐ก๐š๐ฒ๐š๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฎ? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MashimaTaichi_ - Jul 12, 2019

263 by MashimaTaichi_ »»
Jul 27, 2022 10:13 AM

» โ†ณ Data & Analysis โœ

MashimaTaichi_ - May 23, 2020

38 by KiraraChin »»
Jul 18, 2022 11:29 PM

» โ™ก Head-canons โ™ก Fan-Comics โ™ก Fan-fics โ™ก

iNameless_ - Mar 13, 2021

18 by MashimaTaichi_ »»
Jul 17, 2022 2:46 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.