Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 18, 2022 9:10 PM
Jul 2021
Where is a good place to get the yu no visual novel? Not like a normal place, I’m talking about a “totally legal” type place to download and experience the good yu no experience that I hear is better than the anime.
Jul 19, 2022 6:07 AM

Oct 2019
Nowhere? It depends.
If you’re talking about the remake then anywhere you can buy Nintendo Switch games like Best Buy or Amazon or I think is Digital too.
If you want to play the original, the Sega Dreamcast game released over 20-25 years ago?, I don’t think those are even available unless you pay a big amount of money.
There’s a good amount of places where you can download the ISO of the game and running on PC just make sure you follow the instructions and apply the patches properly.
Bottomline, the original game is only in Japanese and unless you have an actual console and someone that sells the game, by legal procedures wouldn’t be feasible.
Now regarding what you said that the game is better than the anime.
Yes, but probably they refer to the original.
The remake changed a couple of things (The original is an Eroge so it makes a couple of interactions weird if the content is removed since a lot of them were unavoidable) but most importantly was the level of difficulty of the game itself (Master Mode Super Hard) so much so that without a guide you would get stuck for hours without knowing what to do. The remake is drastically easier compared to that.
It was also one of the creators of the concept of time travel even before Stein’s Gate made it big.
So yes, if you want the true experience of why Yu-No was popular and the actual story then yes, play the (Original) game.
Jul 19, 2022 10:12 PM
Jul 2021
RandomGuyScott said:
Nowhere? It depends.
If you’re talking about the remake then anywhere you can buy Nintendo Switch games like Best Buy or Amazon or I think is Digital too.
If you want to play the original, the Sega Dreamcast game released over 20-25 years ago?, I don’t think those are even available unless you pay a big amount of money.
There’s a good amount of places where you can download the ISO of the game and running on PC just make sure you follow the instructions and apply the patches properly.
Bottomline, the original game is only in Japanese and unless you have an actual console and someone that sells the game, by legal procedures wouldn’t be feasible.
The remake changed a couple of things (The original is an Eroge so it makes a couple of interactions weird if the content is removed since a lot of them were unavoidable) but most importantly was the level of difficulty of the game itself (Master Mode Super Hard) so much so that without a guide you would get stuck for hours without knowing what to do. The remake is drastically easier compared to that.
It was also one of the creators of the concept of time travel even before Stein’s Gate made it big.
So yes, if you want the true experience of why Yu-No was popular and the actual story then yes, play the (Original) game.

When I say totally legal I mean that sarcastically, I want to download the game for free on pc and run it with wine so if you have info on that then that will help
Jul 20, 2022 9:41 AM

Oct 2019
misterinfoman said:
RandomGuyScott said:
Nowhere? It depends.

When I say totally legal I mean that sarcastically, I want to download the game for free on pc and run it with wine so if you have info on that then that will help

The Nintendo Switch/PS4 etc:

https://nyaa.si/view/1181270

The Elf Classic released for Sega:

https://sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2641259
https://sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2681961

It guides you in how to install the game correctly.
Jul 20, 2022 9:44 AM

Oct 2019
I do not know if the previous answer could be deleted (Because I posted a link to another website that is not associated with MAL and you know how mods are and stuff).
In case that happened and you were not able to see it before just go to the nyaa(dot)si website and Fap tag, in the search bar type YU-NO and it will show you links with torrents.
Last time I checked they were still available.
Hope that helps.
Jul 20, 2022 1:53 PM
Jul 2021
RandomGuyScott said:
I do not know if the previous answer could be deleted (Because I posted a link to another website that is not associated with MAL and you know how mods are and stuff).
In case that happened and you were not able to see it before just go to the nyaa(dot)si website and Fap tag, in the search bar type YU-NO and it will show you links with torrents.
Last time I checked they were still available.
Hope that helps.
thanks, I have been looking to play yu no

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2019

53 by Buhay127 »»
Jul 10, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2019

90 by Talamare »»
Jun 7, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2019

18 by Talamare »»
Jun 6, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2019

83 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 6:59 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

88 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 6:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.