Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 9, 2022 11:55 PM
Sep 2021
Not sure if anyone knows the answer, but do I need to watch the previous series and movie from the 90s? MAL has them both listed as sequels, but I find it hard to imagine that they are actually sequels if they are being made 20 years apart. Seems more likely to me that this is a remake, but I'm not entirely sure, and want to make sure that if I am going to watch this in the Summer, that I have watched everything necessary.
May 10, 2022 1:33 AM
Dec 2020
Rat8526 said:
Not sure if anyone knows the answer, but do I need to watch the previous series and movie from the 90s? MAL has them both listed as sequels, but I find it hard to imagine that they are actually sequels if they are being made 20 years apart. Seems more likely to me that this is a remake, but I'm not entirely sure, and want to make sure that if I am going to watch this in the Summer, that I have watched everything necessary.

you can watch the 90s one if you want. I personally won't and I didn't even know there was a prequel until just now
May 10, 2022 10:20 AM
Apr 2021
Rat8526 said:

As someone who is currently watching through the original before the new series releases, its definitely not just a remake, and is an actual sequel to it. Although it seems like it'll be able to be watched without context from the original, but it's hard to be certain on that until it's actually out. Although I do recommend the original if you're interested, as it's very good and enjoyable.
May 20, 2022 2:22 PM
Dec 2011
I don't think it's necesary (because it's being 30 years) but some past characters are back in here, so I assume there will be major spoilers from the original.

Shoot! is my favourite football anime, so I recomend you to watch it, but you can always see this one and then move to the precuel if you like.
May 27, 2022 5:41 AM

Feb 2021
yosh_zz said:
Rat8526 said:

As someone who is currently watching through the original before the new series releases, its definitely not just a remake, and is an actual sequel to it. Although it seems like it'll be able to be watched without context from the original, but it's hard to be certain on that until it's actually out. Although I do recommend the original if you're interested, as it's very good and enjoyable.

Gini-Gini said:
I don't think it's necesary (because it's being 30 years) but some past characters are back in here, so I assume there will be major spoilers from the original.

Shoot! is my favourite football anime, so I recomend you to watch it, but you can always see this one and then move to the precuel if you like.

Previous series didn't adapt all the manga.
May 27, 2022 5:47 AM
Dec 2011
-Raynor- said:

Yeah. But this was confirmed to be an original series based on the previous anime. (In the manga the characters were always the same)
May 27, 2022 6:00 AM

Feb 2021
Gini-Gini said:
-Raynor- said:

Yeah. But this was confirmed to be an original series based on the previous anime. (In the manga the characters were always the same)

Pity that it won't start where the old series ended.
May 27, 2022 6:13 AM
Dec 2011
Yeah... I would love to see the continuation too :_)
But I don't dislike this idea either (if they do correctly, of course x'D)
Jun 3, 2022 10:24 PM
Apr 2021
wait so is it a sequel or an anime original? im confused
Jun 4, 2022 10:52 AM

Feb 2021
bubby5585 said:
wait so is it a sequel or an anime original? im confused

No, it is not a sequel, it is an original unfortunately.
MemoreJun 19, 2022 5:07 AM
Jun 4, 2022 11:47 AM
Apr 2021
ahhh like anime original or just a reboot? Thats kind of weird they wouldnt just do a sequel?
Jun 10, 2022 4:41 PM
Dec 2011
bubby5585 said:
ahhh like anime original or just a reboot? Thats kind of weird they wouldnt just do a sequel?

It is a sequel but it's not related to the original material, so it's an original.
Let's say is a "what if Kamiya from shoot get old and train another team" xD
Jun 13, 2022 10:26 AM
Oct 2012
Looking from the cast at the anime page it looks like this is prequel instead? Or spin-off. The trio freshman from original Shoot! aren't listed at all here. It's almost summer so its not possible that there are no info at all about their casts right?
Jun 19, 2022 5:07 AM

Feb 2021
tornberryz said:
Looking from the cast at the anime page it looks like this is prequel instead? Or spin-off. The trio freshman from original Shoot! aren't listed at all here. It's almost summer so its not possible that there are no info at all about their casts right?

Really strange that there is no info. Let's wait and see what it will be.
Jul 3, 2022 5:18 PM

Jun 2008
You don't have to but the original series is worth watching! It's totally different from this new series.
Jul 6, 2022 11:42 PM

Feb 2021
hirahira said:
You don't have to but the original series is worth watching! It's totally different from this new series.

Yes, it is not adapted from the manga comparing to the old series.
Jul 7, 2022 3:18 PM

Mar 2007
So does this series take place AFTER the old series? Or before? Chronological order (not release order)?
Jul 7, 2022 4:16 PM

Jun 2008
Stormy_77 said:
So does this series take place AFTER the old series? Or before? Chronological order (not release order)?

it takes place after
Jul 10, 2022 10:36 AM

Mar 2007
hirahira said:
Stormy_77 said:

it takes place after

Thank you! I'll find some time to start watching the previous ones then.
Jul 14, 2022 7:29 AM

May 2015
YES, ABSOLUTELY, NOT because you need it to watch this, but it's BAZILLION times better, it's a gem, a masterpiece, a legendary anime, name it. It's WAY MORE WORTH it than it wasn't-needed-at-all sequel, one of the best anime ever made, and I highly recommend it. Maybe I'm over exaggerating because it's one of my childhood anime and favorites so it's dear and it's special to me but really, one episode into the sequel and I'm already having negative feelings about it, it's probably going to be one of the worst sequels ever made.
TheBerserkerJul 14, 2022 7:38 AM
Jul 15, 2022 12:33 PM

Feb 2021
TheBerserker said:
YES, ABSOLUTELY, NOT because you need it to watch this, but it's BAZILLION times better, it's a gem, a masterpiece, a legendary anime, name it. It's WAY MORE WORTH it than it wasn't-needed-at-all sequel, one of the best anime ever made, and I highly recommend it. Maybe I'm over exaggerating because it's one of my childhood anime and favorites so it's dear and it's special to me but really, one episode into the sequel and I'm already having negative feelings about it, it's probably going to be one of the worst sequels ever made.

Yes, but unfortunately not all the manga was adapted. And this series is not adapt the original manga, it IS BASED ON THE MANGA and that is all.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 13 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 24, 2022

20 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 22, 2023 4:25 AM

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 17, 2022

17 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 22, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 10, 2022

9 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 21, 2023 12:36 PM

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 3, 2022

11 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 21, 2023 9:02 AM

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 27, 2022

22 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 12, 2023 7:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.