Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 17, 2022 11:23 AM
Mar 2022
I laughed too much, this is how comedy anime need to be showed. A stupid characters play their role, the honest character just kept yelling.. I even can't. ....hahahaa..love Carla with her honesty..
Apr 17, 2022 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
Good point. But I feel like everybody has their own kind of comedy preferences. I think that this anime is a little bit annoying and not that much funny.
Apr 17, 2022 11:38 AM

Sep 2020
I’ve laughed at a few bits but I would not say it is the best.

Demon Girl Next Door Season 2 is the best this season imo.

I do like Karla’s deadpan jokes though. The intestines joke did make me laugh quite a bit
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2022 12:15 PM
Jun 2021
holyeran said:
Good point. But I feel like everybody has their own kind of comedy preferences. I think that this anime is a little bit annoying and not that much funny.

That's understandable. Comedy is subjective, after all
Apr 17, 2022 12:45 PM
Oct 2020
jackhax said:
I laughed too much, this is how comedy anime need to be showed. A stupid characters play their role, the honest character just kept yelling.. I even can't. ....hahahaa..love Carla with her honesty..

I highly agree. I just appreciate this more since I didn’t hear a single thing about the show and no one (important I guess) said anything about it
Apr 17, 2022 2:04 PM
Apr 2022
its good but this season released tons of great animes so this one would probably lie in the bottom spots
Apr 17, 2022 2:08 PM
Jul 2021
The pacing of epi 2 is much better than the first, but it still feels off and a bit stretched out. I'm of the opinion that this should have been a 12 minute show instead of the full 24, or at the least a lot snappier.

This show should be a lot better than it actually is.
Apr 17, 2022 3:40 PM

Jul 2015
It's decent.
People misunderstood Clara.
They think she is just annoying and mean, while in fact she is just honest to the fault and never actually intends to insult Alvin.

Apr 18, 2022 7:15 AM
Jan 2017
This show will probably have the most sarcasm Ive seen in anime if it keeps going like this.

I can only think of Grand Blue, Konosuba, D-Frag, Goodluck Girl and Daily lives of Highschool Boys. Im not saying these shows are less funny but these shows had a few sarcasm in them.

This show didnt make me laugh too hard but I had a few chuckle with its very dry and deadpan humor.

But Kaguya S3 ep 1 and The Demon Girl Next Door S2 cracked my sides.
JirehhhhhApr 18, 2022 7:21 AM
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Apr 19, 2022 2:18 PM
May 2020
Karla is an odd fellow. Still funny though 😭🤣🤣🤣
Apr 21, 2022 3:57 PM
Apr 2022
I found this anime is hillarious, i laugh everytime 🤣
i like how Carla throw a "bokke" with sad face and without changing any expression 🤣

i think people still can't like this "tsukkomi and bokke" kind a joke.
Apr 21, 2022 4:54 PM

Feb 2019
Kukuru97 said:
i think people still can't like this "tsukkomi and bokke" kind a joke.

Well, this admitedly might be the case in some instances - that much is true.
But in the case of this anime it's less about not understanding a certain TYPE of comedic concept - it clearly is about its hilariously bad execution of it.

Even with many people using the uneducated idea of humor being a strictly personal taste, that's just not how it works in reality. There are core concepts based in human psychology dictating what people find funny and derived from that there are some core-principles and standards how comedy is done to achieve its ends.

One of the more known of such concepts is 'comedic timing' - and it is even one of the most important tools to use if one wants to make people laugh. Everyone of us knows that there often is a difference of two people telling the very same joke - it's based on how it gets delivered - and comedic timing is one of the most important tools here.

This anime though could easily be used as a demonstration of how NOT to do it in acting lessons.

Don't get me wrong - humor still is subjective and everyone is free to find funny whatever they want - but this particular anime is SO FAR on the lower end of proper execution that it really makes you think what all those people claiming that it's SO FUNNY actually implies and what it is telling us about modern quality standards in regards to media entertainment...

I always tried to be fair when it comes to personal taste - and I think I was rather successful doing so - but this might be the very first time it REALLY makes me questioning HOW some people unironically find this show funny. I mean, each and every punchline so far was mediocre as concept at best - but on top of it they were executed so badly, that they lost any remaining humoristic value that way.

It honestly baffles me...
WaveshaperApr 21, 2022 4:58 PM
Apr 22, 2022 12:10 PM
Dec 2018
Yup I laughed a lot,but dont know why its not getting the limelight it deserves.
Apr 22, 2022 3:48 PM

Oct 2018
When this thread turns out to be more funny than the actual anime.
Apr 23, 2022 8:31 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Admittedly, the comedy is a bit uneven in spots, but as soon as Carla said “Gomenasorry” i absolutely LMAO and knew i had made a wise choice to watch this anime 🤣
I hope a certain Kaichou-turned-Souchou isn’t triggered by this one 😁
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
May 3, 2022 7:59 PM
Dec 2012
I guess the comedy in this show falls flat for some people. Personally this is one of the best this season, which made me shocked to realize it had only 5.8 rating on MAL as of typing this. The humor is also pretty similar in how banter between me and my friends are, which is great.

What I like about it so much is the jabs that Karla and Alvin keep taking at each other, as well as the world not caring at all for the traditional adventurer trope of going out and leveling up and all monsters are bad and need to be defeated. It's funny that the ones taking pity on the adventurer are the monsters themselves! Sort of a breakdown of the trope (although very lightly, because this sure as hell isn't taking itself seriously and does everything for the laughs)

I may also be a bit biased because I think Carla is the waifu of the season haha, so there's that as well.
JayVeeDeeMay 3, 2022 8:02 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Healer, Mendokusai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2022

105 by Snedis »»
Feb 25, 7:44 PM

Poll: » Kono Healer, Mendokusai Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29, 2022

16 by Pipo-tan »»
Feb 21, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Kono Healer, Mendokusai Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2022

24 by Pipo-tan »»
Feb 16, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Kono Healer, Mendokusai Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2022

26 by dhell26 »»
Feb 15, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Kono Healer, Mendokusai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2022

52 by Pipo-tan »»
Feb 5, 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.