Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 20, 2022 5:47 PM
Feb 2012
It is more of a personal question than a general one. I dropped Zexal once because of the goofy and histrionic aspects (a fucking ninja), but when i picked it up again because of ARC-V i was actually grateful, because the last part of ther first season was good and the second half of the second season was just glorious, but that didnt change the fact that almost every duel was very repetitive and boring. So, being more specific: Are the duels good or they are just repetitve and boring? Is the plot good enough?
Apr 20, 2022 11:55 PM

Sep 2018
Sevens is one of my favorite series of the franchise, but stay away from it if you want a serious plot and don't like slice of life.

Duels aren't complex at all, the good thing is that no other series made secondary characters duel each other as much as Sevens.
Apr 21, 2022 9:16 AM
Mar 2022
Nirinbo said:
Sevens is one of my favorite series of the franchise, but stay away from it if you want a serious plot and don't like slice of life.

Duels aren't complex at all, the good thing is that no other series made secondary characters duel each other as much as Sevens.

Just to add, don’t expect too much sakuga. There are some episodes though that are animated quite nicely, and a few that are amazing (like the last one).
Jul 1, 2022 9:22 PM

Aug 2012
I believe that this is what a yugioh anime should truly be, and it's honestly one of the better ones.
It's a trading card game and its young children playing it so its not supposed to be very serious.
Basically a lot of comedy and references but it does have its fair share of cool moments.
Also I think it has a great story.
ShidotekiJul 1, 2022 9:31 PM
Jul 3, 2022 5:37 PM
Feb 2012
Shidoteki said:
I believe that this is what a yugioh anime should truly be, and it's honestly one of the better ones.
It's a trading card game and its young children playing it so its not supposed to be very serious.
Basically a lot of comedy and references but it does have its fair share of cool moments.

Originally, Yugioh is all about death games, so being silly game is just not Yugioh anymore.
Jul 3, 2022 9:11 PM

Aug 2012
jpmc said:
Shidoteki said:

Originally, Yugioh is all about death games, so being silly game is just not Yugioh anymore.

Okay then I mean in the literal sense of a tcg. It is supposed to be fun and not grim or overly edgy.
Actually, I've been reading the yugioh manga and I think sevens that type of mood pretty well too, though more light hearted.
Jul 15, 2022 5:47 PM

Jul 2022
Sevens is the first Yu-Gi-Oh! since GX that I've given a fair shake, but I'm really enjoying it through 20 episodes.

I appreciate that the side characters get plenty of development and chances to duel. I was never a fan of single duels taking 5+ episodes in the original series, so I've also liked that all but one duel thus far has lasted one episode.

It's nowhere near as dark as the earlier series, but it's still a lot of fun and has me hyped for Rush Duels (if they ever come to the States!).
Sep 13, 2022 3:17 PM

Jan 2013
has some of the best writing i have seen in yugioh

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

28 by Chesed »»
Aug 22, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2020

66 by Chesed »»
Aug 22, 7:33 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 92 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2022

11 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 28, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 87 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2022

5 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 27, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 67 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

6 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 26, 2:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.