Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 8, 2022 5:21 AM
Sep 2019
What makes Season 2, Episode 5 sad is the context behind it.

Feb 8, 2022 6:24 AM

Jan 2022
That definitely hits harder knowing that. So just to confirm, since I haven’t progressed far enough into the game yet,

If so, I guess that answers some of the questions people have of why the anime and game seem different, because the
Feb 8, 2022 11:49 AM

Dec 2008
LightSeeker5 said:
That definitely hits harder knowing that. So just to confirm, since I haven’t progressed far enough into the game yet,

If so, I guess that answers some of the questions people have of why the anime and game seem different, because the

A bit more spoilery but if you are interested...

Less spoilery stuff that you probably already know.

One of the main problems I have with this change and the direction they've gone with though, is that

Feb 8, 2022 1:43 PM
Sep 2019
Saku_k said:
One of the main problems I have with this change and the direction they've gone with though, is that

Feb 8, 2022 5:36 PM

Jan 2022
DarkEminence1954 said:
Saku_k said:

I think that might be one of the difficulties for an anime adaptation. There's just no time in 23 minutes once a week to give the time for interactions and individual relationship building for +40 characters, some of whom haven't even been introduced. Whereas in the game, you've basically got unlimited time to load as much content you want, and people will get to it at their own pace. I feel like the anime has done a good job of introducing characters not too quickly, but just enough to keep the circle of friends expanding but not overwhelming new viewers who aren't familiar with the characters already.
Feb 8, 2022 10:46 PM
Dec 2018
LightSeeker5 said:
DarkEminence1954 said:

I think that might be one of the difficulties for an anime adaptation. There's just no time in 23 minutes once a week to give the time for interactions and individual relationship building for +40 characters, some of whom haven't even been introduced. Whereas in the game, you've basically got unlimited time to load as much content you want, and people will get to it at their own pace. I feel like the anime has done a good job of introducing characters not too quickly, but just enough to keep the circle of friends expanding but not overwhelming new viewers who aren't familiar with the characters already.

Agreed. Introducing too many characters might please hardcore hame players, but it leaves the general viewers confused. That's what happened to Magia Record Season 1, people complained about too many characters, when in fact only 20% of characters made appearance (some of them were just cameos).
As much as I love Magia Record, I have to say Princess Connect is more impactful in the story telling. Although it's based on a gacha game, it is least affected by gacha problems. It's not 1:1 adaptation, and that works out well. They also adapted game mechanics well in the anime, which makes it not too overbearing for anime watchers, and a delight for game players.
Feb 8, 2022 11:56 PM

Dec 2008
LightSeeker5 said:
DarkEminence1954 said:

I disagree. Of course they can't possibly have time in the anime for them to relationship build between Yuuki and all the characters. But that doesn't mean they don't have time to do it for some characters.

For example, look at Bishokuden, Yuuki's guild. These are the main characters of the story, and are in every single episode. These are the most important characters, I would argue, that Yuuki should be building relationships with. Yet, how much Yuuki x Kyaru, or Yuuki x Peco is there? Basically none that I can remember. Yet they seem to have plenty of time for Kyaru x Peco, Kokkoro x Peco, etc. For example, why is it that Kokkoro is the one who finds out about Peco's secret, and is the one to comfort her?

They have plenty of opportunities to build relationships between Yuuki and these characters. Take episode 1. I mentioned it in the thread for that episode, but why are we wasting time on these throwaway ghost adventurers? Instead, they could have had it just be bishokuden. Maybe they could have 5-10 minutes where Yuuki and Kyaru are on their own (looking for food, something else, who knows). Kyaru is feeling down or whatever and talks to Yuuki, and he says somethings that cheers her up. Maybe they get attacked and he defends her from monsters. There are lots of ways and opportunities to relationship build between these characters.

Or take episode 3, with Nakayoshibu. Now, don't get me wrong. I love Yuni and the other members. They are some of my favourite members in the game. But... they are not important to the story. In fact, to date, they have never even appeared in the main story once. They aren't really necessary, and are only there because they are fan favourites. Furthermore, by dragging all of bishokuden into the episode, you cut down any possible development of the new characters. If it was just Yuuki, Yuni, Chloe (not sure on English spelling), Chieru, and Aoi, the new girls would have a lot more lines and opportunity to shine. Instead, Yuni is the only one who really gets any significant screen time here, and Chloe and Chieru are regulated to the background, because the anime insists on making Peco the protagonist instead of Yuuki. Will anime only people even remember their names come next season?

To date, the most relationship building/bond strengthening/whatever you want to call it, has been between Yuuki, and Kiiri. A girl who is a shadow, not a real character in the story, and disappears.

The idea that Yuuki threw away all his bonds he built, to start again new, only to be largely relegated to the background... I dunno, it just doesn't sit so well with me.
May 27, 2022 10:24 PM

Oct 2008
Hmm can't say I felt as sad as I was supposed to. I did feel a little tug when black kitten started acting like an emotionless killing machine, but that's about it. The emotional sadness was weak in my opinion. In terms of more tangible sadness, as in characters bleeding, dying and physically hurting others, it was lacking.
May 31, 2022 10:34 AM
Nov 2015
DarkEminence1954 said:
What makes Season 2, Episode 5 sad is the context behind it.

Don't forget about the fact that he had to witness his old guild die one by one before the whole Re:Dive incident.

The anime plays up that part of his character very well (one of the few things about him that I think they did wonderfully) by showing how much the mere memory of it still haunts him and how he fully blames himself for not having been strong enough to protect them, even asking Laby why he got to live again but his old guild didn't.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2022

119 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 9, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2022

74 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 9, 11:29 PM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2022

61 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 9, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2022

83 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 9, 10:42 PM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2022

55 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 9, 10:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.