Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 2, 2022 10:30 AM
Feb 2021
ight so ive seen a lot of yall complaining about the trailer's CG and, dont get me wrong, i can 100% understand the worry: both CG and 7DS have a pretty tainted reputation in the anime community animation-wise.

but still, some of yall seem to be overreacting a bit too much for something that we only have a 1 second footage of.

please wait for the full thing first. if it turns out as bad as the trailer, then we riot

i dont like raising my expectatives too much (specially when it comes to 7ds since yknow) but well..

first of all, CG doesnt *always* equals bad. there have been a few anime studios that manage to make amazing use of CG, both in the background or as the main thing

my fav examples for each case are, respectively:
-Ufotable (the studio behind Demon Slayer, Fate Series and a bunch of other banger animes). they pull out background CG like no one. yes, you can still tell its 100% CGI, but damn it is one hell of a beautiful CGI.
-Studio Orange (studio behind Beastars and Houseki no Kuni. they also helped a lot on making Spider-Verse, ik its not anime but its worthy to mention) has an insanely convincing CG, to the point if no one told you its almost 100% CG you wouldnt realize it unless you paid a lot of attention to the camera movement and some ocasional fluidity on the movements (in fact, i wouldnt be too surprised of Peni Parker in the Spider Verse movie was also CG and not a 2.5D merge, but eh i never researched on that matter so lets leave it aside)

"oh but those are made by completely diff studios who actually know how to handle it.."

true. but yknow, there *is* some 7ds related footage made in CG that is high quality af

https://youtu.be/9JiwpMX73tI

https://youtu.be/UQJ7lP26G_c

the first one is a promo trailer of sorts for 7ds Grand Cross, which plays whenever you update the game.

the second one is a trailer released a few days ago for 7ds Origins: a new game that seems to be an open world game with a lot of inspiration from BOTW, GI and maybe Legends Arceus.

regardless of you liking CG or not, there is literally zero room to deny the CG in both trailers is amazing

ofc, i am not saying its gonna look like that. heck, i myself am making sure to keep my expectations as low as possible.

but still, at least wait for the full thing. the footage in the trailer might turn out to just be a super early and rushed preview, just to let ppl know "hey, there will be another movie".

ofc theres still a great chance the finished thing may just as shit. but untill then, calm down will ya?
FreezyBruhFeb 3, 2022 5:30 AM
Jun 26, 2022 12:44 AM
Oct 2021
I think you should check the character models: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOrahq6akAEugXI?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
Sep 26, 2022 7:23 PM
Nov 2020
This aged like mik
Oct 15, 2022 4:47 AM
Oct 2019
Hahaha this thread

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Ensa no Edinburgh Episode 1 Discussion

StateofOhayo - Dec 20, 2022

45 by duragon49 »»
Jul 20, 3:12 AM

» Can someone give an outline about the important plot points I should know?

Biisoo - Aug 9, 2023

4 by RobertsahDHDA »»
Aug 10, 2023 4:34 PM

» animation was great

removed-user - Dec 21, 2022

10 by DavidM_27 »»
Jan 26, 2023 1:12 PM

Poll: » Is the choreography (especially the fight scenes) good?

RealNath - Dec 29, 2022

2 by UniversaI »»
Jan 10, 2023 5:51 PM

» CGI will be the downfall of anime someday

CRG - Nov 10, 2021

10 by RB9LesTes »»
Dec 28, 2022 1:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.