Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2022 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
Indoor practice and more practice. Somehow, they did manage to at least start a new match.

It's not a bad episode but felt less exciting compared to the previous ones imo. It does show that cast are motivated in their game though, so that's something to keep in mind about.
Jan 23, 2022 6:56 AM

Jul 2017
Koyo School's first match against a strong school like Adalbert, and team leader Toi is giving them the rundown to know what to expect.

Ryu knows whom to find to be another best fit for the futsal tournament: Taiga Amakado, whom is done with futsal due to circumstances that put him on a pedestal. But even Haru himself is hiding the same-but-different circumstance as well of a sibling constraint.

Having someone like Sasaki on the team sooner or later will anger someone, and being chosen as the play-caller isn't doing any favours since he's played futsal independently and has to play the tonal shift of teamwork.

Everyone's pumped for the first match, regardless of choices that has already been made, especially to Sasaki being play-caller as means to get him out of his rout playing solo. It's apparent that Adalbert is the team favourite, and play ball (or kick-off rather) to see who comes out on top.

The tournament arc comes early so I guess this is the only plus right now.
Jan 23, 2022 7:06 AM

Feb 2020
This is a chore to watch, but oh well. At least this tournament is somewhat interesting. :)

SerafosJan 23, 2022 7:46 AM
Jan 23, 2022 7:24 AM
Sep 2015
Haru has a hot dad.
Jan 23, 2022 10:19 AM

Jan 2010
This show is surprisingly watchable?

Having watched a couple other below average to average original sports anime, this anime is just fine. I like it better than Sake Leading Stars which came out last year? I ended up dropping it. I also like it better than no. 24, a rugby anime that came out in 2020 I think.

I guess because the mc is a cinnamon roll and not an obnoxious arrogant brat. That was my issue with the skate Leading Stars and no.24. It also doesn't have the same mean-spiritedness, because no one got along on the team and there was all this stupid drama in those shows.

Though I'm sure some drama will happen in this anime...

Also, I haven't watched the latest Sasaki to Miyano episode yet, but this show feels even gayer and it's not a BL lol. There are so many ships you can make from this anime.

Since I'm heavily considering dropping a couple other anime I've been watching this season, I guess I'll stick with Futsal Boys!!!!!! for now.
Jan 23, 2022 11:20 AM

Nov 2012
The banner at the end looks like we don't get to see the rest of the game. Lame if it's true.
I'd post an image, but I'm too lazy to find a site to host it.
dragynfaerieJan 23, 2022 11:26 AM
Jan 23, 2022 12:40 PM
Jun 2021
I won't lie, this anime is not that bad as the ratings are indicating, it is atleast 6+
Jan 24, 2022 1:16 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Nothing about this stands out as a sports series, however it's definitely better than the current score :') I'm definitely enjoying it, and story quality wise, it's not below other recent sports series that are rated around 6...score aren't everything of course, and I don't usually care too much, but 5.55 at the time of writing is really harsh ^^;

Anyways, I do like our main team so far, yes, even Sakaki. I think they're a pretty down to earth group of kids. Even the opponents were pretty nice, like the guy who pulled Ryuu up after they clashed. I wonder if there's more to Sakaki not passing, like maybe not being able to pass well (which I know sounds kind of weird since he's really good solo). Or maybe he can pass, but he's having difficulty with play-calling, which takes communication with his teammates.

Hmm, also wondering about this Yamato Arashi. Obviously Haru is lying about not being related 👀

Oh yeah, I liked the detail to Ryuu's fall in the flashback! The key animator must've watched soccer videos or something to have been able to animate the tumbling in that fall. Also the practice in the middle of the episode where Tsubaki tried to steal the ball from Sakaki, but ended up kind crumbling, with one leg out, then Sakaki passing the ball and hopping over Tsubaki's leg. Those are really good details ^^

Anyways, interested to see how the match will end!
Jan 25, 2022 12:23 PM

Jul 2016
At first the characters were utterly not impressive but they're growing on me, some are fun, others are interesting. The story is pretty standard but I'm somehow hyped for the match! I guess tournaments always work with me? It started well to, good couple of actions. Looking forward for the next episode
Jan 29, 2022 3:12 PM

Jul 2008
dragynfaerie said:
The banner at the end looks like we don't get to see the rest of the game. Lame if it's true.

It's already a pain to watch so if we don't have a good match action with ridiculous name to facepalm ourselves, what the deal of the anime ...

Here for you good sir.

Let's support each other until the end of the series shall we ? /sighInBoredom
Jan 29, 2022 4:26 PM

Nov 2012
cainael said:
dragynfaerie said:

It's already a pain to watch so if we don't have a good match action with ridiculous name to facepalm ourselves, what the deal of the anime ...

Here for you good sir.

Let's support each other until the end of the series shall we ? /sighInBoredom

Exactly! Thanks for the pic. Btw, I'm female. :D
Feb 13, 2022 5:02 PM

Jan 2017
Taiga's introduction felt so sudden especially with Nagumo's flashback on the bridge, had he been briefly mentioned in the prior episodes?

There's someone definitely related to Haru in South America hmmm. And the key to winning this match is sorting out Sasaki's issues
Sep 12, 2022 4:04 PM
Jan 2020
I think its very good i enjoyed it a lot, people keep trying to compare it to haikyuu but its a different sport they just have special moves and try to say its bad, most reviews are only 5 eps in, i think its good and needs season 2 to see them face okazan
Sep 15, 2023 11:23 AM
Sep 2023
That's so interesting it's better than other futbal/futsal anime's i hope we have season 2

More topics from this board

Poll: » Futsal Boys!!!!! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2022

11 by Ablfzanime »»
Sep 15, 2023 11:30 AM

Poll: » Futsal Boys!!!!! Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2022

17 by Ablfzanime »»
Sep 15, 2023 11:28 AM

Poll: » Futsal Boys!!!!! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2022

6 by Ablfzanime »»
Sep 15, 2023 11:27 AM

Poll: » Futsal Boys!!!!! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2022

7 by Ablfzanime »»

Poll: » Futsal Boys!!!!! Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2022

7 by Ablfzanime »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.