Forum Settings
Forums
Sword Art Online Progressive (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 2, 2021 10:42 AM

Aug 2017
Was this released as a movie in Japanese theaters only or what?

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Nov 2, 2021 10:46 AM
Jul 2021
I'd like to know as well. One more thing how will the Non American International Fans (Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia etc) watch this movie? Do they have to wait for a whole year to get a fansub version?? Is there any other way?
Nov 2, 2021 10:49 AM
Apr 2021
Anime_Novice75 said:
I'd like to know as well. One more thing how will the Non American International Fans (Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia etc) watch this movie? Do they have to wait for a whole year to get a fansub version?? Is there any other way?
the American and Canadian release is December 3rd and I believe a word wide release is coming through aniplex. I would assume it’s come to theaters world wide by January-February
Nov 2, 2021 10:50 AM
Apr 2021
PokestarFan said:
Was this released as a movie in Japanese theaters only or what?
yes but if your in America or Canada they will have a theatrical release on December 3rd and I’m pretty sure a world wide release is to come very soon after
Nov 2, 2021 10:55 AM
Jul 2021
Question: How did 255 users manage to watch the movie if its hasn't internationally released yet?? How's it possible?
Nov 2, 2021 10:57 AM
Feb 2021
Anime_Novice75 said:
Question: How did 255 users manage to watch the movie if its hasn't internationally released yet?? How's it possible?

Learn Japanese and go to theater
Nov 2, 2021 11:26 AM

Aug 2017
Blamelessness said:
Anime_Novice75 said:

I'm surprised that many Japanese people use MyAnimeList. I thought there was a Japanese version but I guess not.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Nov 2, 2021 11:46 AM
Apr 2021
PokestarFan said:
Blamelessness said:

I'm surprised that many Japanese people use MyAnimeList. I thought there was a Japanese version but I guess not.

The people that watched the movie are the people who live in japan but are from a foreign country who uses MAL
Nov 2, 2021 11:48 AM
Jan 2021
Anime_Novice75 said:

It’s the same every time a movie like this comes put, prob newd to wait 6 months to a year
Nov 2, 2021 12:53 PM
Jan 2020
PokestarFan said:
Blamelessness said:

I don’t doubt a good chunk of these votes both positive and negative are from people who haven’t actually watched the movie yet tbh.
Nov 2, 2021 2:45 PM

Jan 2020
It's only in Japanese Theaters.
Nov 2, 2021 4:00 PM
Feb 2021
Anime_Novice75 said:
Australian can watch the movie in December 9 and Asian people can watch in between November and December and onwards. Movie will be released in Africa, Europe as well but don't know the date
Nov 2, 2021 6:58 PM
Jul 2021
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
Anime_Novice75 said:
Australian can watch the movie in December 9 and Asian people can watch in between November and December and onwards. Movie will be released in Africa, Europe as well but don't know the date

Will this movie be available on Netflix or Crunchroll? Funimation is not available here
Nov 2, 2021 7:22 PM
Feb 2021
Anime_Novice75 said:
Abysmal_Saint76 said:

Will this movie be available on Netflix or Crunchroll? Funimation is not available here
About that it will take very long ttime for movie to be released in streaming service.
Nov 29, 2021 6:22 PM
Jul 2018
I don’t know how you’ll be able to watch it maybe you can watch it on a movie website and usually it appears on its own
Nov 30, 2021 4:22 AM
Apr 2021
Anime_Novice75 said:
Abysmal_Saint76 said:

no this will be a theatrical release only it’s to early for a Blueray or Digital release. We won’t get a blue ray till 6 months down the line. The movie has only been out for a month has of toady when I wrote this NOV 30/21
Dec 11, 2021 5:25 AM
Jul 2021
purification1 said:
Anime_Novice75 said:

no this will be a theatrical release only it’s to early for a Blueray or Digital release. We won’t get a blue ray till 6 months down the line. The movie has only been out for a month has of toady when I wrote this NOV 30/21

Ok I'll just set a reminder on the month of May. I hope it'll be available soon :-(
I'll distract myself with other anime for now. Thanks for the info anyway
Dec 11, 2021 6:21 AM
Apr 2021
Anime_Novice75 said:
purification1 said:

Ok I'll just set a reminder on the month of May. I hope it'll be available soon :-(
I'll distract myself with other anime for now. Thanks for the info anyway
yup check the SAO progressive Website weekly or the aniolex website for updates on when it will release in your country and city
Dec 11, 2021 2:21 PM

Feb 2014
Anime_Novice75 said:

Not sure about Europe or the rest of the world but Funimation brought this movie to Australian and NZ cinemas since 09th of December both sub and dub.
Dec 13, 2021 8:53 AM
Jun 2020
Im from South Africa, and its currently in cinemas
Dec 13, 2021 1:32 PM

Jan 2021
Anime_Novice75 said:

I'm from the Netherlands and it says that it will air on The 6th of January, 2022.

Maybe you should check the sites of your theathers?
That's how I got my information.
I've listed some release dates from europe below

Swedish Theaters: January 7th 2022
Norwegian Theaters:. December 12th 2021
Icelandic Theaters: January 20th 2022
Danish Theaters: January 20th 2022
British Theaters: December 9th 2021

I Don't Know the rest sorry.
pikachubolkDec 13, 2021 1:47 PM
Error: there Is a 1/2 Day delay in this signature
Dec 14, 2021 3:15 AM

Jan 2021
Anime_Novice75 said:
pikachubolk said:

I'm from the Netherlands and it says that it will air on The 6th of January, 2022.

Maybe you should check the sites of your theathers?
That's how I got my information.
I've listed some release dates from europe below

Swedish Theaters: January 7th 2022
Norwegian Theaters:. December 12th 2021
Icelandic Theaters: January 20th 2022
Danish Theaters: January 20th 2022
British Theaters: December 9th 2021

I Don't Know the rest sorry.

I live in Singapore. Will it release here in the first place? Anime isn't very popular here.. that's y I'm waiting for it to reach Netflix or other streaming websites

Singaporean theaters from January 6, 2022 with English and Chinese subtitles.
Dec 23, 2021 7:45 PM
May 2019
i looked it up on the 11th and i couldn't find any showings in toronto :/

and not a thing on the high seas either...
Jan 1, 2022 2:34 PM

Jan 2021
sorenkair said:
i looked it up on the 11th and i couldn't find any showings in toronto :/

and not a thing on the high seas either...

Maybe it's no longer in theathers since the US and canada aired 3rd to ?

well mostly it airs only a week (This is mostly in cities where anime may not be that populair)
Jan 13, 2022 6:12 AM
Nov 2021
Any ideas, when this movie will release in india
Feb 23, 2022 11:17 AM

Nov 2018
Descentwizard24 said:
Any ideas, when this movie will release in india

25th February 2022
यदा यदा हि धर्मस्य ग्लानिर्भवति भारत।
अभ्युत्थानमधर्मस्य तदात्मानं सृजाम्यहम् ॥४-७॥

परित्राणाय साधूनां विनाशाय च दुष्कृताम् ।
धर्मसंस्थापनार्थाय सम्भवामि युगे युगे ॥४-८॥
Apr 10, 2022 5:49 AM
May 2015
Is there any way to watch this NOW in England? It seems that they were screening it in December but i kind of missed it, tried looking for tickets in February but didnt find any theatre that was screening it. I guess the only way to see it now is only when blue ray comes out..?
Apr 11, 2022 2:10 AM
Feb 2021
Rokster said:
Is there any way to watch this NOW in England? It seems that they were screening it in December but i kind of missed it, tried looking for tickets in February but didnt find any theatre that was screening it. I guess the only way to see it now is only when blue ray comes out..?
Only option that you have is as you said just wait for the Blue Ray which will be releasing in July 8.
Apr 11, 2022 3:53 AM
May 2015
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
Rokster said:
Only option that you have is as you said just wait for the Blue Ray which will be releasing in July 8.

Dang, tho i had a feeling that would be the case. Thanks anyway.
Apr 11, 2022 8:02 AM
Jul 2018
Rokster said:

Yeah its pretty Silly JJK0 was in cinemas like 2 weeks ago and you can already watch it online, this film came out ages ago and still no trace of it anywhere online
Apr 11, 2022 8:34 AM
May 2015
MickDH said:
Rokster said:

Yeah its pretty Silly JJK0 was in cinemas like 2 weeks ago and you can already watch it online, this film came out ages ago and still no trace of it anywhere online

Yup, i dont get it how lol. Its been about half a year at least already.
Apr 11, 2022 1:38 PM
Jul 2018
Rokster said:
MickDH said:

You would usually still have the really poor quality ones that's been recorded in the cinema but absolutely nothing xD
Apr 11, 2022 1:46 PM
May 2015
MickDH said:
Rokster said:

You would usually still have the really poor quality ones that's been recorded in the cinema but absolutely nothing xD

Tru tru lmao but now absolutely nothing hahaha
Apr 11, 2022 7:33 PM
Feb 2021
Rokster said:
Abysmal_Saint76 said:

There is no other option than waiting for july 8
Apr 11, 2022 10:36 PM
May 2015
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
Rokster said:

Sadly, yeah. Have you watched it? I wonder if its better than first half of SAO. I really liked the first half of the season but obviously it seems like they wasted it and made it kind of shit ish. Somewhat of a love/hate relationship for me right there haha
Apr 11, 2022 10:40 PM
Feb 2021
Rokster said:
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
Sadly, yeah. Have you watched it? I wonder if its better than first half of SAO. I really liked the first half of the season but obviously it seems like they wasted it and made it kind of shit ish. Somewhat of a love/hate relationship for me right there haha
I have already watched it back in December and for me it was amazing, can't say for other though. Well, I love all the SAO and I do read novel as well.
Apr 11, 2022 10:47 PM
May 2015
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
Rokster said:
I have already watched it back in December and for me it was amazing, can't say for other though. Well, I love all the SAO and I do read novel as well.
I see. Do you know if there is an estimated amout of movies they plan to make? Because at least i hope they dont plan on summarising the whole story with 2 or 3 films lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Progressive Movie - Hoshi Naki Yoru no Aria Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Oct 29, 2021

258 by Alice103 »»
Sep 16, 4:28 PM

» Can you watch this without watching the original anime?

Strat2005 - Jan 13

11 by Sara_Karma »»
Jan 14, 10:39 PM

» How dare they???

Haroldinho07 - Jun 23, 2023

25 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jul 27, 2023 12:27 AM

» Comparison Scene

ClubAnimeYT - Jul 13, 2022

5 by hacker09 »»
Jun 20, 2023 12:07 AM

» To anyone who don't know what SAO-P is and to those who didn't like the show and wanted a well written version of the show. I'll try to clear any doubts about the show. ( 1 2 )

Anayan_Kashyap - Sep 20, 2021

54 by hacker09 »»
Jun 19, 2023 11:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.