Forum Settings
Forums
Sword Art Online Progressive (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 5, 2021 3:27 AM
Feb 2021
What is the reason?
Dec 5, 2021 3:56 AM

Oct 2020
The movie officially got released in the US theatres and some other countries so that is the reason.

When it was rated 7.01 users were only 200-500 , today it got released in the US, so many people went to watch this show. And with almost about 2000 users it's now 8.09.
Anayan_KashyapDec 5, 2021 4:02 AM
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you could (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠
Dec 5, 2021 5:31 AM

Jan 2017
Kirill_PRDC said:
What is the reason?

The scores on MAL are weighted (Like on almost all ranking sites) , which mean they take into account the number of people who put it in completed on their list. (Like to avoid getting an entry with just 1 vote of 10/10 to Top 1... It woudn't make any sense...)

When it was 7.01 (& even less before) , there was around 200 peoples , so the score was pulled down. (Japanese theater Release)
Now there is around 2000 peoples , so the score got a little bit less pressure. (Mainly US theater Release)
It'll slowly goes up with more country getting theater release , and once the Blu-ray get released , a lot more people will watch it , removing the pressure of the weighted score , skyrocketing it. (I'd say something like 8.80 , but who know)
After some time , with more and more peoples rating it , the score will then decrease , like the huge majority of entries on ranking site. (So i'll say something like 8.30)
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Dec 5, 2021 5:33 AM
Feb 2021
Only those who have watched the Movie. In fact Progressive books are very good and since it is the adaptation of it so it's reasonable however MAL users being MAL users will really goona downgrade the score later on, I suspect.
Dec 5, 2021 5:50 AM
Feb 2021
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
Only those who have watched the Movie. In fact Progressive books are very good and since it is the adaptation of it so it's reasonable however MAL users being MAL users will really goona downgrade the score later on, I suspect.
even the original Sao book(LN) is pretty good it's ranked over 8 and top most selling LN of all time, original Sao anime rating is 8.39 in year 2013 until some YouTubes make videos about trashtaking sao then suddenly rating starts downgrading and now it's in 7.20,many YouTubers get fame after that videos and from their the cycle of hate again Sao is started even till now it's look like people trash talk Sao just to look cool or to stay away from being trolled.
Ratings doesn't matter only enjoyment does.
Masterpiece or mid, generic or fresh,best or worst are all subjective
Eren is goat,and aot is still a masterpiece (eg.subjective opinion)

Dec 5, 2021 5:56 AM
Feb 2021
shivamrajput958 said:
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
even the original Sao book(LN) is pretty good it's ranked over 8 and top most selling LN of all time, original Sao anime rating is 8.39 in year 2013 until some YouTubes make videos about trashtaking sao then suddenly rating starts downgrading and now it's in 7.20,many YouTubers get fame after that videos and from their the cycle of hate again Sao is started even till now it's look like people trash talk Sao just to look cool or to stay away from being trolled.
Users on MAL love hating SAO like their life depends on it and bashing Kirito/Asuna as if they stole their intimate partners. Mostly, SAO starts with bang and then comes those who are fixated on the SAO is bad to deteriorate its score without even watching.

If they pick up the book or also watch it from their perspective without being influenced by other judgement, they will know how wrong they are
Dec 5, 2021 6:03 AM
Feb 2021
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
shivamrajput958 said:
Users on MAL love hating SAO like their life depends on it and bashing Kirito/Asuna as if they stole their intimate partners. Mostly, SAO starts with bang and then comes those who are fixated on the SAO is bad to deteriorate its score without even watching.

If they pick up the book or also watch it from their perspective without being influenced by other judgement, they will know how wrong they are
it's same with berserk people just go read berserk and gave it 10 just because other people say it's good I have seen like 1000,s of users on mal who just read only 1 manga and that's berserk and start trolling other people with different opinions like how berserk is the greatest and no other manga even come close to it,and how can you say that this manga is greatest when berserk is here,they have to understand the if people like berserk so people also can like other things same goes with Sao everyone doesn't watch anime for complex character,complex story or a purple Batman fucking the mc girlfriend most of the people watch it for enjoyment like mha,Sao,demon slayer but people hate it when other people say that they are good or masterpiece just because they have any other favourite anime or so.

Dec 5, 2021 6:25 AM
Feb 2021
shivamrajput958 said:
Abysmal_Saint76 said:

it's same with berserk people just go read berserk and gave it 10 just because other people say it's good I have seen like 1000,s of users on mal who just read only 1 manga and that's berserk and start trolling other people with different opinions like how berserk is the greatest and no other manga even come close to it,and how can you say that this manga is greatest when berserk is here,they have to understand the if people like berserk so people also can like other things same goes with Sao everyone doesn't watch anime for complex character,complex story or a purple Batman fucking the mc girlfriend most of the people watch it for enjoyment like mha,Sao,demon slayer but people hate it when other people say that they are good or masterpiece just because they have any other favourite anime or so.
I dropped Berserk and Berserk has one of the most toxic fandom. It may be a Masterpiece to them but not for me and I am never gonna pick that. Masterpiece thing is related to the personal taste and they liking doesn't mean that it is world wide Masterpiece. However, I do say Berserk is good manga but I think it started to get crazy popular after the tragic passing of Author.

Also irony is how they don't complain about the rape scene on their popular manga but they will go insane with SAO which is not even remotely a rape rather assault.
Dec 5, 2021 6:31 AM
Feb 2021
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
shivamrajput958 said:
I dropped Berserk and Berserk has one of the most toxic fandom. It may be a Masterpiece to them but not for me and I am never gonna pick that. Masterpiece thing is related to the personal taste and they liking doesn't mean that it is world wide Masterpiece. However, I do say Berserk is good manga but I think it started to get crazy popular after the tragic passing of Author.

Also irony is how they don't complain about the rape scene on their popular manga but they will go insane with SAO which is not even remotely a rape rather assault.
yeah they somehow are preety biased they think rape in berserk is good but in other stories it was a cliche or edgy that's what I hate most rape is rape it's not good anywhere any the thing made me most angry is they defend Griffith after that by making many excuses like how can you even try to protect a man like that,and even in terms of popularity berserk is not even that popular outside the anime/manga community most of the people doesn't even know that a thing like berserk is even exist .

Dec 5, 2021 6:53 AM
Feb 2021
shivamrajput958 said:
Abysmal_Saint76 said:

yeah they somehow are preety biased they think rape in berserk is good but in other stories it was a cliche or edgy that's what I hate most rape is rape it's not good anywhere any the thing made me most angry is they defend Griffith after that by making many excuses like how can you even try to protect a man like that,and even in terms of popularity berserk is not even that popular outside the anime/manga community most of the people doesn't even know that a thing like berserk is even exist .
Also they feel so inferior that they always mocks Kirito because he wear the title of Black Swordsman as if Guts owed that name. I respect the Berserk author since his work has inspired lot of other mangaka but those jerk who think their taste is superior than other and Berserk is the only thing, I pay no respect to them. They are just entitled brats who has no work rather than over exaggerating their so called only favourite manga they read.
Dec 5, 2021 9:19 AM
Dec 2020
Kirill_PRDC said:
What is the reason?

It’s due to more users watching it, Before December 3rd it was ONLY released in Japanese theaters, so less than 1000 people rated it at the time. December 3rd it released in U.S and Canada theaters so more and more users are watching it, which is the the score skyrocketed. I watched the movie the day it premiered, and was pretty shocked to see a 8.04 before starting when it was 7.20 the night before.
Dec 5, 2021 7:18 PM

Mar 2021
Just watched it with a friend who had no knowledge of SAO and he greatly liked the movie. It is not only a superior retelling, but also a very good entry point. Granted, I do think the score may be pulled down because the movie unfortunately relied on some flashbacks, and I think some other recent anime movies had more vivid picture quality. I am not sure how many films they are planning but I feel like they don't want to delay follow up movies (not complaining).

I do feel reception was higher outside of Japan. In Japan, it dropped to #5 at week 2 likely due to fact they have much more anime movies, while in the west, they are considered a special rarity, especially for it to be released 1 month after the eastern release. Also in the east, more people likely read the novels which made a lot of the viewers slander the movie for differences. Giving a more concrete context on how Asuna was so good at the start made it enjoyable for those familiar with the anime. Also being a movie that doesn't depend on nearly any prior knowledge greatly improved the accessibility.
Dec 6, 2021 11:41 AM
Mar 2020
Because it's good!
Dec 6, 2021 4:42 PM

Sep 2008
Probably because the Sword Art Online series seems to be quite controversial so it has a lot of haters and then people actually watched the film and most people who saw it were impressed by it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Progressive Movie - Hoshi Naki Yoru no Aria Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Oct 29, 2021

258 by Alice103 »»
Sep 16, 4:28 PM

» Can you watch this without watching the original anime?

Strat2005 - Jan 13

11 by Sara_Karma »»
Jan 14, 10:39 PM

» How dare they???

Haroldinho07 - Jun 23, 2023

25 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jul 27, 2023 12:27 AM

» Comparison Scene

ClubAnimeYT - Jul 13, 2022

5 by hacker09 »»
Jun 20, 2023 12:07 AM

» To anyone who don't know what SAO-P is and to those who didn't like the show and wanted a well written version of the show. I'll try to clear any doubts about the show. ( 1 2 )

Anayan_Kashyap - Sep 20, 2021

54 by hacker09 »»
Jun 19, 2023 11:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.