Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2021 12:37 AM

Feb 2018
THIS IS A LIGHT NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
Volume 5 will be released in 25 October.

SPOILER (Rumor) 2nd Year Voll 5

- Horikita's class was given to choose between, getting 100 class points at the expense of 1 students, or don't sacrifice someone. Since Kushida kept saying "Yes", they decided to sacrifice 1 students.

- Ayanokouji want to sacrifice Kushida, but Horikita was against it.

- Horikita actually wanted to sacrifice Airi, but she hesitated and didn't do anything.

- Ayanokouji then want to sacrifice Airi.

- Ike and Airi are compared. Ike's OAA was slightly ahead of Airi, and many students were against Ike's expulsion. On the other hand, only Ayanokouji's group (especially Haruka) were against Airi's expulsion / DO.

- Kushida's true personality is exposed, she reveals many secrets. But Horikita stopped her.

- Ayanokouji said only Sakura was the most logical to sacrifice. Haruka argues with Ayanokouji, Ayanokouji asks Airi to make a sacrifice. Then Airi persuaded Haruka, and Haruka finally chose Airi.

- Hirata agrees.

- Airi showed her changed appearance and said goodbye~ woahhh Airiiii

- No expelled / DO in Ichinose class, while other classes each have one expelled (another: No expelled in other class, Horikita's class wins big)

- Horikita/Ayanokouji is now class B, Ryuen is class C, Sakayanagi is class A, and Ichinose is class D.

- The relationship in Horikita's class has partially collapsed

- Ayanokouji's group disbanded

- Ayanokouji recognizes Horikita

- Chabashira and Ayanokouji's relationship improved

*just rumours. Not confirmed
anime-primeOct 24, 2022 2:35 AM
Oct 30, 2021 9:16 AM
Apr 2021
Syureria said:
THIS IS A LIGHT NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.

- Horikita's class was given to choose between, getting 100 class points at the expense of 1 students, or don't sacrifice someone. Since Kushida kept saying "Yes", they decided to sacrifice 1 students.

- Horikita actually wanted to sacrifice Airi, but she hesitated and didn't do anything.

- Ike and Airi are compared. Ike's OAA was slightly ahead of Airi, and many students were against Ike's expulsion. On the other hand, only Ayanokouji's group (especially Haruka) were against Airi's expulsion / DO.

- Kushida's true personality is exposed, she reveals many secrets. But Horikita stopped her.

- Ayanokouji said only Sakura was the most logical to sacrifice. Haruka argues with Ayanokouji, Ayanokouji asks Airi to make a sacrifice. Then Airi persuaded Haruka, and Haruka finally chose Airi.

- Hirata agrees.

- No expelled / DO in Ichinose class, while other classes each have one expelled (another: No expelled in other class, Horikita's class wins big)

- Horikita/Ayanokouji is now class B, Ryuen is class C, Sakayanagi is class A, and Ichinose is class D.

Bro Do you have the mtl for this volume..i.e year 2 volume 5 ??
Oct 30, 2021 6:52 PM

Feb 2018
SakKiyo said:
Bro Do you have the mtl for this volume..i.e year 2 volume 5 ??
I have HTL, but where's your country / language, if you comes from indo, just send me a PM :")
Nov 3, 2021 9:09 PM

Jun 2014
Finished reading. It was very good. It is tentatively my favourite volume of year 2 arc so far. It did a lot of things I wanted, particularly Kushida and Ayanokouji getting exposed to the entire class, KiyoKei relationship going public, Ayanokouji Group getting dismantled, among other things.

Kanzaki is a legend. I can't wait for the fallout next volume. Perhaps Nagumo will face off against Ayanokouji in the sports festival. I hope Kinu can top Manabu vs Ayanokouji.
Nov 5, 2021 7:56 PM

Feb 2021
Just finished reading Volume 5. This volume really drain my emotion. Its good Kushida getting exposed, even though horikita defendef her from getting expulsion. Its sad to see Airi (My favorite) getting expelled.

Cant wait to see what will happens after this incident in the next volume.
Nov 12, 2021 5:31 PM
Mar 2021
Wtf I didn't really expect that this LN can make me feel emotions
That part when Sakura said goodbye to Kiyotaka was so good, it makes me feel sad but happy at the same time that she accepts it and then there's our Edgy MC that maybe didn't really care but this was one of the volumes that he showed that he's a human and not like some emotionless,robot kind of character(you'll get what I mean)

And so this is one of the amazing volumes in this LN
I'd really expected something like about their reactions in their relationship between Kiyo and Kei but I'll just wait for the next volume to find it out
Tsuenji2305Nov 12, 2021 5:36 PM
Nov 24, 2021 5:51 AM
Apr 2020
ngl this volume did not reach my expectations. I did not agree with their final decision in both horikitas class and ryuuens class. I really liked ryuuens plan in fishing out anyone who would oppose him and the trap he set for him was amazing but katsuragis intervention had me pissed.

As for the decision to expel airi, i was not satisfied at all. Its not like i like airis character or anything, i even find her annoying, but i believe that expelling kushida was the right choice in the end. horikita kept speaking of her potential but in the end i dont see it having that much worth. This decision lowered my opinion of horikita alot.

But on the other kiyotaka being ruthless enough to take down his own "friend" without even showing a sign of him caring just made me love him even more
Nov 24, 2021 8:16 AM
Nov 2020
This was the best year 2 volume imo
I was happy that bitch Kushida's true nature was exposed beautifully. Hopefully she will be humiliated in the future like Amasawa did in volume 3.
Hopefully Ayanokouji will be able to smoke out Yagami and settle his score with him else he's gonna be bad news ngl.
As for Airi's expulsion it was heartbreaking but Kiyopon with his ruthlessness I'm just loving him more and more

Hopefully next volume will also be a great one cheers 🍻
Tee~Heee 😜
Nov 28, 2021 12:52 PM

Jun 2016
Is everyone reading the slightly edited mtl? Or is there a properly translated v5 somewhere?
Jan 4, 2022 4:33 AM
Dec 2020
This volume gave me crippling depression
Jan 29, 2022 12:46 AM

Dec 2016
Syureria said:

- Hirata agrees.

Wow, all of them are correct. And this is even before the official release of the volume which is in (25/10) and not mentioned in the trial version too. Where did you get these spoilers bro? I'm surprised!
Jan 29, 2022 6:13 AM

Feb 2018
MH93 said:
Where did you get these spoilers bro? I'm surprised!
from Rahasia......
Jan 29, 2022 8:57 AM

Dec 2016
Syureria said:
from Rahasia......

Do you have the link?
Jan 29, 2022 4:09 PM

Feb 2018
MH93 said:
Do you have the link?
Nope, no link... Old stuff :")
Jan 30, 2022 3:41 AM

Dec 2016
Syureria said:
Nope, no link... Old stuff :")

Dude you talk with riddles. What is "Rahasia", anyway? If you don't want to talk about it, no problem.
Jan 30, 2022 4:34 AM

Feb 2018
MH93 said:

Dude you talk with riddles. What is "Rahasia", anyway? If you don't want to talk about it, no problem.
it's an discord server name i send u link, check...
SyureriaJan 30, 2022 4:39 AM
Feb 4, 2022 8:33 AM

Apr 2020
just finished it, i quite liked V5 cuz it was exposing kiyokei relationship, kushida's identity
and making kanzaki one of my favourite characters in this LN
but the thing that annoyed me was that illustration where horikita sat on her chair and thinking of whether she expels kushida or not? i was like please ST*U STOP BEING SO NAIVE OM*G... anyway, am i the only one who thinks that she's useless.
the only good move she made for me was when she inverted questions for ryuen's class and that's all
Feb 5, 2022 2:15 PM

Feb 2021
this gets better every volume, though there is something i didnt get, ayanokoji wanted to expel kushida but horikita protected her and spoke about her potential, but like will kushida even help the class after all that happened?
Feb 6, 2022 1:22 AM
Jan 2022
COTE year 2 volume 6 release date?
Feb 6, 2022 2:57 AM

Feb 2018
Kirubanandan said:
no idea, probably once every 4 months releasing 1 vol
Feb 6, 2022 7:16 AM
May 2018
Kirubanandan said:

25 or 26 February.
Feb 18, 2022 9:05 AM

Jul 2020
Bro... Poor Sakura :( she was one of the prettiest girls in Ayanokouji's class, so sad she has to be sacrifice
Feb 20, 2022 9:35 AM

Apr 2020
honestly i wass pissed that kushida bit*h didnt expelled
and horikta still saying about POTENTIAL!!!!
god damn it ..it's 15th vol and they are still taking about potential
at this point i just wanted her to go out of school
but now we cant do anything
all we can hope is that kushida better become useful to her class
Feb 20, 2022 9:36 AM

Apr 2020
Syureria said:
MH93 said:

it's an discord server name i send u link, check...
send me same bro.....
Aug 3, 2022 7:56 AM
Oct 2019
Nilav26 said:
This volume gave me crippling depression

Can't agree more....
Sep 4, 2022 8:46 AM

Mar 2016
Sakura is gone, good riddance. Also horikita and kushida enemies to lover arc when???

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Jan 2, 2023 7:59 AM

Mar 2019
I want to thank the mal dude who wrote character description of airi, so anime guys who saw first season and clicked on her profile and saw the spoiler thinking 'its fine I just finished s1' and got hit by a truck of emotions because of the incident described there takes place in 20th book. I was one of them so I thought I appreciated this visionary.

This volume had the best aspects of cote but I have deep and serious problems with it.

They never needed to go in the expel vote. They could've guessed who was the traitor quite easily, even every guy who studies logic can do it. It's one of the very basic problems. Here's the solution: At every vote, suzune selects one person and instructs them to flip their vote. If they are innocent, they'll flip it and result would be 37/2. This would take 38 turns, but they could've limited the search easily. They couldn't use binary division because kushida could manipulate her vote and throw confusion. They even could've forced kushida to take first or second turn coz they already knew.

If kushida thought she'll just flip hers when it was someone else's turn, suzune could instruct to continue vote and told some other person secretly to not flip it to get consensus. There can be many ways to point to her because they already knew.

This really sucks man. I feel like airi was cut off from the story coz she didn't have much role later. She was the first good friend kiyo made, and was her best friend for a long time. That means he will throw out anyone if the need arises.

Also I think people hate kushida for wrong reasons. Kiyo is basically doing the same thing. Confronting people when they're vulnerable and taking advantage of situation. She should be hated for showing her true face to ryuuen, while only targeting our duo. Also she is helping yagami, when she should eliminate him instead because he'll be here longer than she will. She could have even asked kiyo's help with the contract as the sacrifice.

Anime was it's best 20000 years ago, when cavemen drew art with real depth.
Modern anime is all garbage. I miss great old days of anime.
Aug 21, 2023 4:06 AM

Oct 2014
Expel the unstable, bipolar, sly and manipulative classmate who has been actively sabotaging your class from the beginning or expel an innocent girl?

Horikita: 🤔 the potential tho...

I get that Kinugod loves his plot twists but my god this decision was farcical. No way any sane human ever plays devil's advocate for Kushida after seeing her try to make your class burn over her persecution complex

Also what is the logic behind Kushida voting in favor? Did she honestly think that she could expel Ayanokouji/Horikita in this exam? She knew the voting had to be unanimous and Horikita and Ayanokouji would never vote each other out right?

All this bs and the insane gaslighting at the end.. yeah probably my least favorite volume so far

Obligatory volume meme
Light-Aug 21, 2023 4:12 AM
Sep 24, 2023 4:20 AM
May 2021
Damn so Airi is officially gone :( kinda sad cuz she grew so much in the first year! Damn… Chabishara sensei past as well this volume, v intense volume woww.
Sep 29, 2023 3:18 PM

May 2021
Its a good volume and actually made me feel emotions. The only thing is the ending, which I find it quite hard to believe that the class actually kept Kushida and chose to expel Airi. I do get that the school's whole point is to rank people based on their abilities, but how could the entire class still chose to expel Airi after hearing Kushida talking so much shit about them? It's also hard to believe that after hearing Horikita saying Kushida has potential, they just chose to go along with it and sacrifice Airi who was humble did no harm to class. Even from the sense of keeping the class united, its a much better choice to keep Airi, rather than Kushida who already got her secret revealed to the entire class.
Oct 20, 2023 7:12 PM

Jul 2021
Man… Up until this point I was willing to go to bat for Horikita because I really believed in her character, and leadership skills. (in many fashions I still do), but this was not at all satisfying as an end. It was nothing short of selfish, her unyielding desire to cling to what Kushida ‘could be’ ends up seriously fracturing the class.

Do I think it will be resolved after some time? Of course, but just like I was disappointed with the anticlimactic end of Tsukishiro’s looming threat in the previous volume, the seeds of annoyance have finally begun to grow for me towards Horikita. She made the wrong call here, but I suppose it doesn’t matter if she’s simply growing in Ayanokouji’s petri dish so-to-speak. Great volume overall though.
Jan 12, 1:14 AM
Apr 2011
So basically, Horikita has a hard on for challenges and looks at Kushida as a pet project to prove to her brother that she can change people and be a leader. Kushida could kill a classmate and Horikita will find a way to save her.

I’m sure the author will do a great job in suddenly resurrecting Kushida and making her vital in the class A run-up but in no way should that vote have passed if the class was actually thinking rationally rather than letting their leader roll the dice on fixing a ticking time bomb that already half imploded.

This volume had a great premise but ending feels so artificial to make Ayanokoji this monster cold calculating mastermind when Haruka or anyone really couldve instantly turned the table back onto Kushida and Horikita being selfish, even if you take the pragmatic vision of wanting to reach class A (lots of potential upside for Sakura in cultural festival vs Kushida traitor).

My fearless forecast prediction is that the author already destined that Kushida will somehow be the catalyst to make Kouenji usable since he never wants to expel either of them.
Feb 4, 8:11 AM

Oct 2020
well damn, what the flip horikita...

It's useless! From here on, the path is only a One-way road!
Just put your tail between your legs and get your ass back where you came from! - Accelerator

Feb 27, 4:10 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to Tsuenji2305
Wtf I didn't really expect that this LN can make me feel emotions
That part when Sakura said goodbye to Kiyotaka was so good, it makes me feel sad but happy at the same time that she accepts it and then there's our Edgy MC that maybe didn't really care but this was one of the volumes that he showed that he's a human and not like some emotionless,robot kind of character(you'll get what I mean)

And so this is one of the amazing volumes in this LN
I'd really expected something like about their reactions in their relationship between Kiyo and Kei but I'll just wait for the next volume to find it out
@Tsuenji2305 yeah Im also sad for Airi but happy at the same time, i did cry a lot tho lol
May 20, 2:02 PM
Jul 2021
what the hell i have read a ton of books in my life but Airi's expulsion got me more emotional than any other book 😣😣😣 especially the scene where she came to Kiyotaka to say goodbye, it made me so sad that i almost started crying
when Haruka was talking about renovating her i envisioned the future Sakura, the prettiest girl of Horikita's class that overcame her weaknesses and became more sociable, smarter and stronger. that was the moment when i started to seriously care for her character, especially for her possible development.
i really want to blame Kushida, Horikita or even Ayanokōji for Airi's expulsion but I cant bring myself to blame any of them. i also think that if Kushida changed and started being honest with everyone else, she would become a strong asset to Horikita's class and that's why i can't hate Horikita for taking that risk
Kushida also cannot be completely blamed for Sakura's expulsion because she was what she was and somebody just had to be expelled. she was the one started the situation that resulted in Airi's expulsion but she was not the one who guided it towards choosing her
if i were to choose then i would 100% expel Kushida, but if you exclude her from the equation then Sakura with the lowest OAA score is unfortunately the obvious option. even if Kiyotaka was more emotional then he would still chose to expel Sakura, as in this specific situation, if he chose anyone with higher OAA, it would have created hesitation and probably resulted in losing the exam. i can't find any flaws with his reasoning to expel Airi.
still i will mourn Sakura's expulsion for at least a few volumes ahead
im not a native english so some sentences may be incorrect but i hope that they are at least understandable
also if you read through my somewhat pathetic soliloquy and have some thoughts then i'll be happy if you write something in response 😸
ZlyWilkMay 20, 3:03 PM
May 22, 12:26 PM

Jul 2023
Reply to ZlyWilk
what the hell i have read a ton of books in my life but Airi's expulsion got me more emotional than any other book 😣😣😣 especially the scene where she came to Kiyotaka to say goodbye, it made me so sad that i almost started crying
when Haruka was talking about renovating her i envisioned the future Sakura, the prettiest girl of Horikita's class that overcame her weaknesses and became more sociable, smarter and stronger. that was the moment when i started to seriously care for her character, especially for her possible development.
i really want to blame Kushida, Horikita or even Ayanokōji for Airi's expulsion but I cant bring myself to blame any of them. i also think that if Kushida changed and started being honest with everyone else, she would become a strong asset to Horikita's class and that's why i can't hate Horikita for taking that risk
Kushida also cannot be completely blamed for Sakura's expulsion because she was what she was and somebody just had to be expelled. she was the one started the situation that resulted in Airi's expulsion but she was not the one who guided it towards choosing her
if i were to choose then i would 100% expel Kushida, but if you exclude her from the equation then Sakura with the lowest OAA score is unfortunately the obvious option. even if Kiyotaka was more emotional then he would still chose to expel Sakura, as in this specific situation, if he chose anyone with higher OAA, it would have created hesitation and probably resulted in losing the exam. i can't find any flaws with his reasoning to expel Airi.
still i will mourn Sakura's expulsion for at least a few volumes ahead
im not a native english so some sentences may be incorrect but i hope that they are at least understandable
also if you read through my somewhat pathetic soliloquy and have some thoughts then i'll be happy if you write something in response 😸
@ZlyWilk
i have read a ton of books in my life but Airi's expulsion got me more emotional than any other book 😣😣😣 especially the scene where she came to Kiyotaka to say goodbye, it made me so sad that i almost started crying

Just finished volume 5 and I feel the same. This scene broke my heart... poor Airi... I hope her sacrifice won't be in vain.
This volume is my favorite one and also the saddest one so far... It put me in a state of emotional turmoil.
Jun 1, 7:44 AM

Jul 2023
I also want to say that I'm very happy and pleasantly surprised that Kikyou Kushida hasn't been expelled. I really thought she was going to depart from the school from the moment I started knowing what the unanimous exam was about. She's valuable for the class and I always had hope that she could change for the better. She's also one of my fav character so I might be biased I guess... :D

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e: 2-nensei-hen Volume 12 Discussion

NaughtySempai - Aug 13

10 by JayKitsuneTV »»
Sep 4, 9:42 PM

» Sakayanagi vs Ryueen

kiyopon111 - Sep 4

2 by deebosamuel »»
Sep 4, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e: 2-nensei-hen Volume 11 Discussion

Pussyit8 - Jun 10

4 by ImenonoawaiDream »»
Aug 11, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e: 2-nensei-hen Volume 9 Discussion

Syureria - Feb 24, 2023

10 by szewc »»
Jul 31, 5:26 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e: 2-nensei-hen Volume 8 Discussion

Syureria - Oct 24, 2022

29 by jas-samaaa »»
Jul 24, 7:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.