Forum Settings
Forums
Sword Art Online Progressive (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 12, 2021 10:29 PM

May 2017
Prog has high expectations so if it does meet it I think the series can move on more or less
May 17, 2021 1:55 AM
Dec 2019
people will still hate it, just less
May 17, 2021 5:40 AM

Jul 2020
I don't hate SAO, I actually really enjoy it if I pretend season 2, WOH, or the fairy dance arc never existed.

So im really hyped for a better aincrad tbh. Its not gonna remove any hate, progressive will still get hate. If somethings popular, there is gonna be people who don't like it. Not that big of a deal though. Something could have a 3 rating on MAL, but there is no harm in enjoying it.

If I don't hate on people for having opinions, I expect the same to be done to me.
I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
May 17, 2021 7:15 PM
Jan 2021
Juonithz said:
I hope so. I don't understand why everyone hates on SAO so much. It's a good show, like every anime with multiple seasons it has it's highs and its lows.

SAO isn't really a good show. I don't hate or dislike it nor like it but the flaws are glaring.
May 17, 2021 7:21 PM
Feb 2021
Camserous said:
Juonithz said:
I hope so. I don't understand why everyone hates on SAO so much. It's a good show, like every anime with multiple seasons it has it's highs and its lows.

SAO isn't really a good show. I don't hate or dislike it nor like it but the flaws are glaring.

I understand that it has a lot of flaws,but The heart of the story is good. No anime is perfect, there will always be something that they could've improved upon.
May 17, 2021 8:37 PM

May 2021
I believe it was awhile back but before the SAO progressive manga/Light novels released Reki said that this was the way he always envisioned the Aincrad Arc and that this was the way he wanted to do it in the first place. Little bit of context for this Reki in 2009 submitted the original Sao novel into a contest but they didn’t allow series so he had to throw together an ending , he won and the studio wanted them to do Sao just like the book so it turned out bad cause reki had his hands tied but I could see this fixing part of the franchises history of failure and maybe remove some of the hate especially cause Reki seems very passionate about this and he truly has improved as a writer if you compare the recent light manga to ones from the past , so there’s a good chance this might be the best piece of media we have ever gotten from Reki and company
May 18, 2021 9:21 AM

Apr 2018
It will always get hated but the fans will love it even more.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 1, 2021 10:58 AM
Mar 2019
nope. the people who hate it will turn a blind eye to all the positives (as they do with the show) and hate it without even watching it. it'll still be successful ofc so they can say whatever they want lol
Jun 14, 2021 9:02 PM
Jan 2020
marcohilber said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:
but sorry bro,, it won't go till 100 floors, did u forget SAO was finished on floor 75, but yeah i think it should remove the hate
its a wohle new story with 100 flores... look it up yourself... It has nothing do to with old aincrad... And tbh the whole hate will never be gone, the series hopefully removes a bit of hate

It’s not a “new” universe or anything, it’s the same Aincrad expanded upon since most of it wasn’t covered, Progressive is canon, it’s not like Integral Factor which is just a random narrative altogether.
Jun 14, 2021 9:10 PM
Jan 2020
marcohilber said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:
u just made me more excited, okay then I'll start the next LN soon
Anayan_Kashyap said:
u just made me more excited, okay then I'll start the next LN soon
lol^^ have fun reading ;)

Also, Progressive changes nothing from main continuity, only fills things in. Use the LNs as your reference rather than Intergral Factor or whatever else you’re using. Sachi still exists, Kizmel will still die, SAO is still cleared in 75 Floors, Asuna will still split off from Kirito and join the KoB, Kirito and Asuna’s duel on the 56th Floor, etc.
Jun 14, 2021 9:13 PM
Nov 2019
Tharuth said:
marcohilber said:
its a wohle new story with 100 flores... look it up yourself... It has nothing do to with old aincrad... And tbh the whole hate will never be gone, the series hopefully removes a bit of hate

It’s not a “new” universe or anything, it’s the same Aincrad expanded upon since most of it wasn’t covered, Progressive is canon, it’s not like Integral Factor which is just a random narrative altogether.
its aincrad but everything from s1 changes, so imo its a new story or not? lol
Jun 14, 2021 9:15 PM
Nov 2019
Tharuth said:
marcohilber said:
lol^^ have fun reading ;)

Also, Progressive changes nothing from main continuity, only fills things in. Use the LNs as your reference rather than Intergral Factor or whatever else you’re using. Sachi still exists, Kizmel will still die, SAO is still cleared in 75 Floors, Asuna will still split off from Kirito and join the KoB, Kirito and Asuna’s duel on the 56th Floor, etc.
read the lns u will see what happens...
Jun 14, 2021 9:32 PM
Jan 2020
marcohilber said:
Tharuth said:

read the lns u will see what happens...

Dude, I’m caught up on LN 8, it’s still the same continuity with added content. It’s not an AU or anything.
Jun 14, 2021 9:33 PM
Jan 2020
marcohilber said:
Tharuth said:

Nothing from S1 has changed barring the adaptation of Aria. You can’t change what doesn’t exist, it’s filling in the untold narrative.
Jun 14, 2021 9:48 PM
Jul 2018
Nah. Sword Art Online will still remain trash.
Jun 14, 2021 9:50 PM
Nov 2019
Tharuth said:
marcohilber said:

Nothing from S1 has changed barring the adaptation of Aria. You can’t change what doesn’t exist, it’s filling in the untold narrative.
that what changes is new or not... Bro lmao
Its a change from s1 but nm
Jun 14, 2021 10:02 PM
Jan 2020
marcohilber said:
Tharuth said:

To change, is to make something different. You can’t “change” what does not currently exist.
Jun 15, 2021 12:04 AM
Nov 2019
Tharuth said:
marcohilber said:

To change, is to make something different. You can’t “change” what does not currently exist.
the "change" is this that in the s1 aincrad novel theres not all what is in the progressive novel... tbh progressive novel is different from s1 aincrad novel or not??? lol or would u say its the same???? Bruh
Jun 17, 2021 9:43 PM

Oct 2020
No , that cannot be changed. For anime fans , it's not just about finding SAO unenjoyable or disliking some stuff , it's "popular" to hate SAO , some never even watched a single episode. Doesn't matter much though , SAO has a big fanbase and they keep getting adaptations , they should be happy with that
Jun 30, 2021 12:26 AM

Oct 2020
Ikkun_ said:
No , that cannot be changed. For anime fans , it's not just about finding SAO unenjoyable or disliking some stuff , it's "popular" to hate SAO , some never even watched a single episode. Doesn't matter much though , SAO has a big fanbase and they keep getting adaptations , they should be happy with that
like you dropping Furuba without watching anything
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you could (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠
Jun 30, 2021 12:42 AM

Oct 2020
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Ikkun_ said:
I did watched it. Fruits basket just happened to piss me off not once , but twice. If you mean that i didn't watched the entire season , then that's right , the earlier episodes were enough of a turn off
Jun 30, 2021 12:45 AM

Oct 2020
Ikkun_ said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:
I did watched it. Fruits basket just happened to piss me off not once , but twice. If you mean that i didn't watched the entire season , then that's right , the earlier episodes were enough of a turn off
so? Steins gate should've got a 1 rating too because half of the whole season is off-fillers, same goes with Re:zero, AOT s1 was also boring, even if s1 first few eps turned U off why rate s3 an appalling rating?

What about Hyouka? It's one of my most favorite SoL but I don't think it was NOT boring especially the 1st few eps, how can U have Hyouka in your favs and say that Furuba was boring?
Anayan_KashyapJun 30, 2021 12:50 AM
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you could (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠
Jun 30, 2021 12:54 AM

Oct 2020
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Ikkun_ said:
so? Steins gate should've got a 1 rating too because half of the whole season is off-fillers, same goes with Re:zero, AOT s1 was also boring, even if s1 first few eps turned U off why rate s3 an appalling rating?
I don't think you understand. Me rating fruits basket a 1 doesn't say anything about the quality of the work , I can see why people like it and rate it. But my main ship Yuki x Tohru wasn't going to happen and my ship not sailing is usually a killer for me with a series , But i still wanted to give it a try , then the age gap relationships and grooming stuff happened and killed the series for me entirely. I said it in my profile "Anything should get a decent score unless it pisses me off"
Jun 30, 2021 1:01 AM

Oct 2020
Ikkun_ said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:
I don't think you understand. Me rating fruits basket a 1 doesn't say anything about the quality of the work , I can see why people like it and rate it. But my main ship Yuki x Tohru wasn't going to happen and my ship not sailing is usually a killer for me with a series , But i still wanted to give it a try , then the age gap relationships and grooming stuff happened and killed the series for me entirely. I said it in my profile "Anything should get a decent score unless it pisses me off"
you said you've only watched the 1st few eps, and where did you find many age gap relationships? Also Yuki × Toru is not a perfect ship, I also felt it but when I moved to season 2 I found how Kyo was perfect for Toru, how much pain Kyo suffered more than Yuki you don't know, all the characters have sad backstories especially Kyo, Kyo have very great development far more than Yuki,

Tell me what age gap relationships did U find there except Kureno and Uotani???
Jul 5, 2021 12:02 AM

Aug 2019
No. I don't think so. They are always hate this series.
Jul 5, 2021 1:33 AM
Jul 2020
Maybe by abit (depending on how a-1 delivers) but most of the haters will still definitely remain no matter what
Jul 5, 2021 1:54 AM

Oct 2020
ntriaa said:
Maybe by abit (depending on how a-1 delivers) but most of the haters will still definitely remain no matter what
then the change should be like, haters will hate but the love for the show for ppl thinking it's average or newcomers might increase, that might be possible
Jul 5, 2021 12:35 PM
Jun 2021
marcohilber said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:
but sorry bro,, it won't go till 100 floors, did u forget SAO was finished on floor 75, but yeah i think it should remove the hate

Its same story with much detail with slight changes but its still part of main sao universe from before, same story different pacing, also reki wont write even 75 floors because thats too much novels, it is expected that he will stop by volume 20 to 25
Jul 5, 2021 12:41 PM
Nov 2019
inSolus73 said:
marcohilber said:

Its same story with much detail with slight changes but its still part of main sao universe from before, same story different pacing, also reki wont write even 75 floors because thats too much novels, it is expected that he will stop by volume 20 to 25
and u know that he will not write it longer, do you? i have read until ln7... It has major changes not slight changes... new things u hadn't in s1...
Jul 5, 2021 12:43 PM
Nov 2019
inSolus73 said:
marcohilber said:

tbh write this on ur main acc u sad f.u.c.k
Jul 5, 2021 12:44 PM
Jun 2021
marcohilber said:
inSolus73 said:

and u know that he will not write it longer, do you? i have read until ln7... It has major changes not slight changes... new things u hadn't in s1...

Ofcourse because its an expansion from original but it wont feature 100 floors like you said, its same aincrad arc which is expanded, in WoU part 2 PoH refers to progressive novel's evebt about him missing a chance to kill kirito
Jul 5, 2021 12:45 PM
Jun 2021
marcohilber said:
inSolus73 said:

Why u mad buddy I simply fact checked you
Jul 5, 2021 12:46 PM
Nov 2019
inSolus73 said:
marcohilber said:

Ofcourse because its an expansion from original but it wont feature 100 floors like you said, its same aincrad arc which is expanded, in WoU part 2 PoH refers to progressive novel's evebt about him missing a chance to kill kirito
its nowhere said that it isnt go up to floor 100 or?
Jul 5, 2021 12:46 PM
Nov 2019
inSolus73 said:
marcohilber said:

Jul 5, 2021 12:47 PM
Nov 2019
inSolus73 said:
marcohilber said:

u made 2nd acc for that?? lmao ur saad broo hahah
Jul 5, 2021 12:48 PM
Jun 2021
marcohilber said:
inSolus73 said:

Bruh its literal expansion to the very original aincrad arc, it was written in first place for sao anime adaptation.

Its the same universe as normal sao
Jul 5, 2021 12:48 PM
Jun 2021
marcohilber said:
inSolus73 said:

u made 2nd acc for that?? lmao ur saad broo hahah

No actually this is my very first MAL account and is incomplete, I am not that interested in MAL but i made an account anyway
Jul 5, 2021 12:51 PM
Nov 2019
inSolus73 said:
marcohilber said:

Bruh its literal expansion to the very original aincrad arc, it was written in first place for sao anime adaptation.

u have no answer to that, cuz he never said anything about how long he will write it ;) even if it ends at floor 75 we will never see the last 24 floors, and personally i think he will continue it for a long time for sure...
Jul 5, 2021 12:53 PM
Jun 2021
marcohilber said:
inSolus73 said:

u have no answer to that, cuz he never said anything about how long he will write it ;) even if it ends at floor 75 we will never see the last 24 floors, and personally i think he will continue it for a long time for sure...

With current pace , incomplete accel world , isolator and sao unital ring his writing pace is slow even tho he doesn't focus on accel world or isolator anymore, so its highly unlikely he would write till floor 75 unless he skips some floors like sao integral factor
Jul 5, 2021 12:59 PM
Nov 2019
inSolus73 said:
marcohilber said:

With current pace , incomplete accel world , isolator and sao unital ring his writing pace is slow even tho he doesn't focus on accel world or isolator anymore, so its highly unlikely he would write till floor 75 unless he skips some floors like sao integral factor
we will see ;) as i said, personally i think he will continue with sao only because sao s1 receives a lot of hate,(even tho its not that bad... ) and he tries to show the world what sao could've been....in my mind its a good thing to continue it..
Jul 5, 2021 1:01 PM
Jun 2021
marcohilber said:
inSolus73 said:

we will see ;) as i said, personally i think he will continue with sao only because sao s1 receives a lot of hate,(even tho its not that bad... ) and he tries to show the world what sao could've been....in my mind its a good thing to continue it..

I am trying find a source where i clearly remember reki saying he won't be able to write 75 floors floor by floor, also fans theorized that the story will end at floor 25 because thats when kirito and asuna separate
Jul 5, 2021 1:04 PM
Jun 2021
marcohilber said:
inSolus73 said:

Also with all the hate within international media, he really doesn't get any hate in japanese media or by his international followers on his twitter, pretty sure he need not prove anything like that, of you like the series continue, if you dont you can leave, thats what i think is better you can't fix these sao hsters because most haven't even watched/read sao and simply following hate train by fake info told by their favourite anitubers, ofcourse sao has flaws but its not a bad series imo, i have read dozens of "bad series" in comparison to that sao is gold so dont be bothered by these haters. HAVE A NICE DAY :)
Jul 5, 2021 1:07 PM
Nov 2019
inSolus73 said:
marcohilber said:

Also with all the hate within international media, he really doesn't get any hate in japanese media or by his international followers on his twitter, pretty sure he need not prove anything like that, of you like the series continue, if you dont you can leave, thats what i think is better you can't fix these sao hsters because most haven't even watched/read sao and simply following hate train by fake info told by their favourite anitubers, ofcourse sao has flaws but its not a bad series imo, i have read dozens of "bad series" in comparison to that sao is gold so dont be bothered by these haters. HAVE A NICE DAY :)
im going to bed rn ;)
Jul 6, 2021 11:58 AM

Nov 2014
the hate will never be removed on stuff. it is what it is
Jul 7, 2021 7:35 AM
Jul 2020
Hopefully yes cuz fk them haters
Jul 10, 2021 2:15 AM

Aug 2017
Probably not. I don't exactly think it's the best show in the world but the hate is overexcessive and there's much worse shows out there. People probably just hate it because it's popular and le funny Youtuber told me it's bad.
Jul 10, 2021 8:42 PM

Jul 2020
Sao is objectively a bad show. Story wise it’s terrible and the characters has no character. Only reason I watched it was because it was kind of enjoyable at times
Jul 11, 2021 9:00 AM
Jul 2020
Its become a trend to hate on SAO just like Fairy Tail and Boruto. People just will go along with what the masses say(those who havent even watched half of the series). Even if the shows have gotten better(for example: Boruto) people will shit on it no matter what since everyobe says its bad(im aware people have different tastes, and are more picky about what they watch, like for example they only watch whats of the GREATEST quality like the stuff that would get tons of awards that they deserve but some just hate on it because everyone does). They either couldnt be bothered to check it out themselves and will go with what every hater says. I think the idea of the show is very good and the execution is... OK... It honestly could of ended in the first season. It would be a masterpiece if the author focused on the SWORD ART ONLINE arc more(meaning it would end there) and just ended it with a happy ending. Asuna and Kazuto live happily ever after when they escape SAO instead of extending it into a 4 season show(5 sooner or later). If season 1 ended there(that means the Aincrad arc would need to have been written better) then im sure the show would of done greater. Atleast in my opinion
Jul 11, 2021 9:04 AM

Jun 2015
If the writing is still the same contemptible shit as the rest of SAO, then no. If it can, then good for the writer, I guess
Jul 12, 2021 6:53 AM
Dec 2020
People who dislike or hate SAO (like I do), generally is because, from an Objective standpoint, the series is flawed, yet we can acknowledge it had a interesting premise but wasted its potential, so if the movie delivers, I dont see why it wont get propertly praised even by the people who originally disliked/hated it. (Of course, as it is with all franchises, there will always people who hates it for the sake of hating it)
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Progressive Movie - Hoshi Naki Yoru no Aria Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Oct 29, 2021

258 by Alice103 »»
Sep 16, 4:28 PM

» Can you watch this without watching the original anime?

Strat2005 - Jan 13

11 by Sara_Karma »»
Jan 14, 10:39 PM

» How dare they???

Haroldinho07 - Jun 23, 2023

25 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jul 27, 2023 12:27 AM

» Comparison Scene

ClubAnimeYT - Jul 13, 2022

5 by hacker09 »»
Jun 20, 2023 12:07 AM

» To anyone who don't know what SAO-P is and to those who didn't like the show and wanted a well written version of the show. I'll try to clear any doubts about the show. ( 1 2 )

Anayan_Kashyap - Sep 20, 2021

54 by hacker09 »»
Jun 19, 2023 11:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.