Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 21, 2009 11:18 AM

Apr 2008
Discuss here your opinions about the Japanese drama Hana Yori Dango.
There are 2 seasons total.

Season1
* Episodes: 9
* Viewership rating: 19.6 (Kanto)
* Broadcast period: 2005-Oct-21 to 2005-Dec-16
* Theme song: WISH by Arashi
Synopsis
Makino Tsukushi is the only poor student at Eitoku Gakuen, the school of the ridiculously rich and privileged that is ruled by Flower 4 or F4, a group of four boys who come from extremely powerful families: Domyoji Tsukasa, the leader and heir of the Domyoji World Finance Group; Hanazawa Rui, the introverted son of a large company; Nishikado Sojiro, a player who is the heir of a tea ceremony school; and Mimasaka Akira, a madam killer with ties to the underground. If a student gets on the F4’s bad side, he/she gets a red notice and is bullied and driven out of school.
Makino hopes to pass her days quietly-- without drawing any attention to herself-- but one day, she stands up to Domyoji in defense of her friend. The next day, Makino gets the dreaded red notice. Even though she is harassed, Makino decides to keep going to school because she is a “tough weed”. She declares war right back on the F4. Her resolve gets the attention of her crush Hanazawa Rui and oddly enough, rouses romantic feelings in her worst enemy, Domyoji Tsukasa.
The series is based on the Japanese shoujo manga "Hana Yori Dango" (Boys Before Flowers) by Kamio Yoko.
Cast
* Inoue Mao as Makino Tsukushi
* Matsumoto Jun as Domyoji Tsukasa
* Oguri Shun as Hanazawa Rui
* Matsuda Shota as Nishikado Sojiro
* Abe Tsuyoshi as Mimasaka Akira
* Sato Megumi as Sanjo Sakurako
* Nishihara Aki as Matsuoka Yuki
* Seto Saki as Asai Yuriko
* Fukada Aki as Ayuhara Erika
* Matsuoka Emiko as Yamano Minako
* David Ito as Nishida
* Sada Mayumi as Todo Shizuka
* Kato Takako as Sengoku Sachiyo
* Tomiura Satoshi as Makino Susumu (brother of Tsukushi)
* Kobayashi Susumu as Makino Haruo (father of Tsukushi)
* Ishino Mako as Makino Chieko (mother of Tsukushi)
* Matsushima Nanako as Domyoji Tsubaki (sister of Tsukasa)
* Kaga Mariko as Domyoji Kaede (mother of Tsukasa)

Season 2
* Episodes: 11
* Viewership rating: 21.7 (Kanto)
* Broadcast period: 2007-Jan-05 to 2007-Mar-16
* Theme song: Love So Sweet by Arashi
Synopsis
This second season of Hana Yori Dango picks up right after Domyoji leaves for New York. After confessing to Domyoji, Makino has not spoken to him for a year. Rui and the other members of F4 try and help Makino meet Domyoji again by going to New York for the christmas holidays. Though F4 and Makino meet Domyoji again, he has become a completely different person, and so they leave for Japan.
Some time later, Domyoji's mother annouces that they will be returning to Japan. There, they hold a giant super-rich and classy birthday party for Domyoji and announce something very important. Domyoji, like in the first season, is engaged to a rich girl and heir. The only difference is that they are to be wed soon. What will Makino do?
On the side, Rui begins to fall in love with Makino... will this become a love... square?
Rui --> Makino --> Domyoji --> Shigeru (arranged fiancee of Domyoji)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 21, 2009 8:25 PM
Oct 2007
This drama is one of my favorite one, I seng it a lot of time, nd I mean a lot of time haaa. I fell in love with it as soon as saw Dom. and how well they match with the manga/anime. The movie I saw it an d fll for it too, there no compare ths drama is one of the best. I have this drama in my collecton of dvd
Jan 23, 2009 6:02 AM

Jul 2007
i am watching right now and i really love this drama.
i watched 2 episodes till now.
[/url]

Jan 27, 2009 8:09 AM

Jul 2007
I loved this drama, but at the beginning I had problems with Doumyouji... especially with his hair... .___. And not because I don't like Matsujun, but at first he was just weird... But at the end I thought that he is a really good Doumyouji (yeah, after all I love him in every version of HanaDan <3)
Jan 27, 2009 10:37 AM

Dec 2007
I saw both. Really like it! I'm waiting for Movie.
Feb 2, 2009 5:25 PM

Mar 2008
One of my all-time favorite dramas. And who could pass up both Jun and Shun starring in the male leads? I literally skipped around the house and immediately called my best friend when I heard about the J-drama and who would be Doumyouji. I think Jun was awesome as Tsukasa. Extremely emotional, tempermental, childish, but good at heart and genuinely in love with Makino.

I thought Makino's actress was great. I think she really portrayed her character well. She's pretty too but still plain enough to be Makino. She really held her own as the main lead.

Rui was so much sweeter in the drama >,< I fell in love with him even more.
Feb 11, 2009 4:43 AM

May 2008
one of the best dramas ever!!
jun as domyouji! xD the only reason i m deeply in love with matsujun is because he was domyouji :P
Apr 4, 2009 3:10 PM

Sep 2007
I love it! But i think it can't be loved, at first i wached it because of Oguri Shun(he is mine fav actor :>) but i liked all drama and enjoyed it.
May 26, 2009 3:27 AM

Mar 2009
I really like the drama.
The anime and drama had differend story.. In the anime i really hate tsukasa in the beginen. But rui was so cold!!!

Makino <3 domyouji
4-ever
Aug 18, 2009 1:33 PM

Dec 2008
Ahahaha. I loved the Drama! My friend and I watched the first and second season in one night. xD Fun times. Rui was definitely my favorite in this too. Although Tsukasa was funny, too.
Nov 8, 2009 7:36 PM
May 2008
Saw the the drama last year and I loved both seasons. Still yet to see the movie though. Will soon though ^^
Nov 4, 2010 3:37 PM
Oct 2010
I LOVE IT ! matsumoto played doumyoji sooo well, though he isn't that big, and oh my god, I love hanazawa rui or oguri shun, he acted just like hanazawa rui.
Jul 7, 2012 8:03 PM

Mar 2012
I just finished watching the drama, I am new to drama's and it is only my second drama series but I am planning on watching the movie. I loved it and felt that the actors were cast really well. At first I wasn't sure what I thought of the actors picked for Tsukasa, Akira or Sojiro (I loved Oguri Shun as Rui) but by the end I loved them all and thought they were all perfect for there roles.
crysta1_darkJul 7, 2012 8:09 PM
Jul 26, 2013 12:32 PM

May 2011
I loved how Matsumoto Jun played Domyoji Tsukasa, he was amazing and absolutely cute!! exactly like the Domyoji Tsukasa we know
Oct 14, 2013 10:00 AM

Mar 2012
Has anyone seen any of the other drama's based on this series?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Favorite character

Poison_Ivy - Jan 19, 2009

16 by _Devana_ »»
May 23, 2016 9:16 AM

» Most painful scene

Poison_Ivy - Jan 21, 2009

4 by _Devana_ »»
May 23, 2016 9:12 AM

» Domyoji Tsukasa vs. Hanazawa Rui

20 by crysta1_dark »»
Jul 7, 2012 8:13 PM

» Favorite scene

15 by crysta1_dark »»
Jul 7, 2012 7:59 PM

» Korean Drama 'Boys Before Flowers'

Marina27 - Jan 21, 2009

8 by yanamin »»
Feb 13, 2010 9:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.