Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 30, 2021 12:32 AM
Aug 2020
General discussion on the story and other things takes place here.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 12, 2021 7:58 AM
Apr 2020
Critical analysis:

There is an inconsistency in the tense of the story where it shifts between past and present tense.

Strange uses of the word "Sigh", if the story will be told in past tense, tell the readers that the character is sighing outside the dialogue. There is no differentiation between the sighs, are these sighs irritated, relief, deep thought, etc.

Inconsistent narration in the description of characters unless the greater emphasis on the one-eyed slayer is purposeful.

At times the story is difficult to read, for example: "But, the fort is built on the high ground made Captain Jack's Battalion fall into a disadvantage." It is also a bit difficult to tell who is talking during the charge.

Worldbuilding:
Is this set in the future? How are swords and guns on the same battlefield? Are these swords futuristic? (Swords, guns, horses)

Personal take: Be more descriptive in your storytelling. How can you describe the environment and smell better. I personally insert myself in these characters and try to see the world in their eyes, what do I smell, what do I see? What does the blood smell like rather than "strong"?

I loved the action throughout the first chapter but there were some inconsistencies throughout the storytelling. Hopefully you can elevate your ability and the story in future chapters because there's some good potential here. I also wasn't able to really get into analyzing characterization, techniques, dialogue, themes, etc. since I was multitasking. Good luck in future chapters!
May 12, 2021 11:53 PM
Apr 2021
AlphaGalactian said:
Critical analysis:

There is an inconsistency in the tense of the story where it shifts between past and present tense.

Strange uses of the word "Sigh", if the story will be told in past tense, tell the readers that the character is sighing outside the dialogue. There is no differentiation between the sighs, are these sighs irritated, relief, deep thought, etc.

Inconsistent narration in the description of characters unless the greater emphasis on the one-eyed slayer is purposeful.

At times the story is difficult to read, for example: "But, the fort is built on the high ground made Captain Jack's Battalion fall into a disadvantage." It is also a bit difficult to tell who is talking during the charge.

Worldbuilding:
Is this set in the future? How are swords and guns on the same battlefield? Are these swords futuristic? (Swords, guns, horses)

Personal take: Be more descriptive in your storytelling. How can you describe the environment and smell better. I personally insert myself in these characters and try to see the world in their eyes, what do I smell, what do I see? What does the blood smell like rather than "strong"?

I loved the action throughout the first chapter but there were some inconsistencies throughout the storytelling. Hopefully you can elevate your ability and the story in future chapters because there's some good potential here. I also wasn't able to really get into analyzing characterization, techniques, dialogue, themes, etc. since I was multitasking. Good luck in future chapters!

The issue with the inconsistent tenses and improper uses of sighs have been dealt with better and hopefully reduced from chap 3 onwards.

"But, the fort is built on the high ground made Captain Jack's Battalion fall into a disadvantage" was caused due to lazy re reading of the first 2 chaps and that is also dealt with from chap 3 onwards.

the era of the story will either be described in the story or directly answered by Oscar at future time. but the story is a historical fiction/fantasy, so u could consider the world to be a blank slate with inspiration drawn from our world.

Thanks for taking the time to review it and I hope u enjoy the future chapters.
May 22, 2021 8:23 AM

May 2020
thanks for inviting me! i'll be looking forward for the next chapters, even if i still have to read the end of the prologue
good luck on your project :)
May 29, 2021 8:37 PM
Jan 2021
this isn't really important (I like the story) but a few little pick ups that you might want to change. also I'm saying this from the first prologue

first try and really get ahold of the time line in this. whether that be in the grand scheme of things, like is this in the medieval times or before that. also on the first prologue, in the beginning say that they are fighting. I thought that the fight ended but it wasn't. so say maybe "the shining of swords were reflected across the battlefield" or something like that.

more, info in the beginning. what is 40% (hee can't do math *-*)? how many does a "captain" command? and try and redirect the reader when the prospective changes. like

Captain Jack
bla bla bla

then it changes to someone else like

Squadron James
bla bla bla.

try and add more on for charater detail. you explained squadron James as "Squadron leader James had a build that said he was a soldier, large muscles, and a wide chest. Short blonde hair complemented with sharp facial features and beautiful, light blue eyes. With a loud voice that booms every time he spoke, he is often the center of attention, whether good or bad." this is really well done. but try and put it in for other characters as well.

like V-formation tells me where the solders are but is it like an inverse v like this ^ or is it like v.

what is there situation like it says that 40% of the people are dead but do they have many reinforcments? and are they on the winning sid eof the war overall?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Chapter 1

Oscar-17 - Jun 13, 2021

0 by Oscar-17 »»
Jun 13, 2021 2:44 AM

» Prologue Chapter 6

Oscar-17 - May 29, 2021

0 by Oscar-17 »»
May 29, 2021 11:59 PM

» Prologue Chapter 5

Oscar-17 - May 29, 2021

0 by Oscar-17 »»
May 29, 2021 11:50 PM

» Prologue Chapter 4

Oscar-17 - May 15, 2021

0 by Oscar-17 »»
May 15, 2021 11:34 PM

» Prologue Chapter 3

Oscar-17 - May 15, 2021

0 by Oscar-17 »»
May 15, 2021 11:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.