Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 19, 2021 7:34 AM

Jan 2021
Why?
Literally every character has some sort of clipping / volume issue that sounds like they're halfway across the room. I really feel like it's taking a lot away from a story that is already not the best.
Is anyone else bothered by it?
負けたくない

Apr 19, 2021 7:44 AM
Sep 2019
mtfunky said:
Why?
Literally every character has some sort of clipping / volume issue that sounds like they're halfway across the room. I really feel like it's taking a lot away from a story that is already not the best.
Have you tried watching on different streaming sites? I am watching it on crunchyroll and I haven’t noticed anything like that.
Apr 19, 2021 7:55 AM

Jan 2021
RexieRun said:
Have you tried watching on different streaming sites? I am watching it on crunchyroll and I haven’t noticed anything like that.

I just did and it persists between 3 different sites. I even downloaded it from somewhere else to make sure it wasn't some kind of server side issue. Guess I'll have to do some volume mixing whenever I watch this show in specific.
負けたくない

Apr 19, 2021 12:07 PM
Jan 2021
RexieRun said:
mtfunky said:
Why?

yeoo facts i don’t know what they talking about cuz i’m watching it on crunchy😭
Apr 19, 2021 12:16 PM
Mar 2011
I'm kind of guessing they recorded these from home instead of studio professional mics since they might have been in lockdown while doing the voice recording. That's at least what I tell myself when every new episode appears.
My Karma ran over your Dogma
Apr 19, 2021 1:02 PM
Jun 2016
I thought I was the only one 😭😭 they sound like they're speaking into bottles.
Apr 19, 2021 2:53 PM
Jul 2020
Not sure if the previous episodes had a audio problem, but I watched episode 4 and the audio was a bit 'off', but I just thought it was my headphones. I really enjoyed watching it anyway.
Apr 19, 2021 3:19 PM

Nov 2017
I’m wondering if it has to do with COVID-19. I’m assuming so.
Apr 19, 2021 11:58 PM
Dec 2020
RexieRun said:
mtfunky said:
Why?
i also dont notice this since i want on crunchyroll
Apr 20, 2021 12:46 AM
Jul 2020
i think they just sound like that
Apr 20, 2021 10:51 PM
Nov 2012
mtfunky said:
Why?

Episode 4 is definitely badly recorded. I am 99% certain they acted this out over Zoom. They may have even recorded their parts separately; on the episode forum, someone noted the reactions between characters seemed unnatural, as if they weren't responding to each other and just reading their lines from a script into a void. Whatever the case, their voices definitely all have that recorded-in-my-bedroom sound.
Apr 20, 2021 11:20 PM

Mar 2016
Agreed, from 1st episode I actually noticed some parts have low and/or distorted audio. Kinda like one recording with just their home PC then uploaded in some kind of "3 MB size for 5 minutes" MP3 file. Even livestreamers on many other sites got better audio output.

Often also like the character sounded like they are in really deep-tight enclosed boxed karaoke spaces thus sounds kinda echoed, which does not match the anime characters talking in open spaces. Perhaps the audio room where the VA done the voice recordings got bad walls / carpet flooring? Bad mixers?

Eg in 4th episode, the scene when Ichika and Tamaru done the task, in front of the storage. After Ichika locked the storage, Tamaru then mentioned about their meeting in previous episode which Ichika reply has this "Aaah, that meeting blabla..." dialogue. the "Aaah" part is really noticeably bad sounded and echoed, like you are talking in bathroom with the walls are just half meter away from you or like some kind of AI on those sci-fi future games/movies are talking. But the next scene where Ichika embarrassed and doing monologue to herself sounds good.
Fredy-sanApr 20, 2021 11:38 PM
May 22, 2021 3:55 PM
Jul 2018
I'm not sure why but I actually love the low audio to this show. I don't know if it's on purpose or not but the conversations feel less "pitched" than every other anime.
May 24, 2021 5:44 AM

Jan 2013
im always noticed this about Ryou’s voice sounding like he’s in a hollow empty room compared to the others. always bothered me and it takes me out of it while watching
May 24, 2021 6:37 AM
Apr 2019
well i notice about this but i still enjoy the anime. probably because of covid or something else since there's no news or information about this audio problem
May 24, 2021 6:42 AM

Jun 2019
I think they did the recording at each seiyuu's home. The main guy having the least desirable set up. Echo is everwhere.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

149 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Sep 15, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2021

60 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Sep 15, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2021

70 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 25, 2:35 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

72 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 25, 1:41 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Clas1ck - Mar 29, 2021

275 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 24, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.