Forum Settings
Forums

Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsunomanika Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken Volume 2 Discussion

The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2021 5:07 PM

Feb 2018
THIS IS A LIGHT NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
After Christmas party at Amane's apartment, Mahiru goes outside and sees the twinkling world celebrating New Year's Eve. As you may know, Mahiru received a scarf from Amane as a Christmas present. The moment when the two of them were in Mahiru's apartment, if you didn't know you can see it in my previous post, or read this LN in chapter 14.

Basically, Amane is a man who doesn't like to wear a scarf, however Amane is grateful that the scarf is something valuable. Amane thought that the hotpot Christmas party was not bad but Amane felt that if he told Mahiru to buy ingredients this chilly Christmas, Amane felt bad. Amane actually wanted to help, however, Mahiru took the initiative.

At New Year's Eve, Amane wants to return to his hometown, it's just that Mahiru doesn't have anything to do for New Year's Eve, so it's a little sad. The most complicated thing is talking to the mother, Mahiru's father would have accepted that excuse but to convince his mother Mahiru had to speak clearly.

Ahahaha, It's like I thought, it would feel weird if the new year didn't have Osechi. Osechi is a traditional Japanese dish to celebrate the new year. Uniquely, this Osechi dish is full of history, such as the container to hold the food called Jubako. For a bit of me, I have eaten onigir at New Year's time and they call Osechi a Japanese specialty, This hidnagan is basically the unique and most elaborate dish I have ever eaten. Because eating Osechi takes a certain order, and there are several reasons why it should be like that. At first Osechi was invented in the Heian jidai era, they made bento boxes but it looked bigger. Let's forget about Osechi, let's go back to Mahiru and Amane, lol.

Mahiru doesn't watch TV, it's just that Mahiru watches tv when there is a need. It was proven when Mahiru did not know the trending songs, while all the girls liked it. It was great watching "Joya no Kane" on television. Joya no Kane is a second before the new year, I once followed this tradition at Todaiji Temple, they ring the bell 108 times. They believe by ringing 108 bells to ward off evil spirits, And at the time of the 107th chime people will say "Happy New Year". Basically they only ring the bell 107 times, after past 00:01 they will ring the bell one more time to complete 108.

The first chapter closes with the new year, they really celebrate the new year together. It's just that Mahiru fell asleep after saying that, Mahiru leaned on Amane, and it was a romantic moment. The reason why Mahiru slept on her bed, leaving a soft feeling in her grip, along with a helpless sleeping face, was because Mahiru trusted her enough to sleep in the boys apartment. Of course, Amane felt good about being trusted, but this made him think that he was not seen as a boy. It seemed that he recognized Amane as [a completely harmless guy who needed a lot of attention].

My explanation above, maybe this can help:

After New Year's Eve, Mahiru was fast asleep. Mahiru is indeed beautiful but there are times when Tenshi / Angels can rub a face that is unexpected, that's right those sleep face. You can take a look at this illustration if you want to know how cute and beautiful Mahiru is.

It's like introducing a daughter-in-law, introducing a girl to his parents is like having a wedding, lol. The third chapter is really long and I'm actually lazy to write this, they are trying to wear a Kimono. Amane was worried that Shihoko would harass Mahiru while helping to wear the Kimono, xD. It's just that Kimono is very beautiful but it will not be complete if the Kimono is not equipped with Geta. Geta is a kind of traditional Japanese standard. In addition, Mahiru also praised Amane that he was also very cool. This is a great illustration.

It took about an hour for them to reach the temple, it's just that it's very crowded but of the various couples out there only Amane and Mahiru are the most romantic in my opinion, xD. They provoke each other to join hands, xD. Look at this illustration.

Chitose meets Mahiru, damn... That was a war, huh. It's winter, so getting warm is also very important somehow. When they tried Mahiru to use a thermometer to check the temperature, it turned out that Mahiru had a fever. Without thinking, Amane stretched out his hand to provide assistance to Mahiru. The alleged sign of Amane trying to carry Mahiru, it was like carrying a royal princess. So sweet.

Amane tried to find a key in Mahiru's pocket, Mahiru who was blushing, asked "are you going to my room" Is it the first time that Amane went to Mahiru's room? I forgot all about the plot, lol. They don't chat much, because Amane fell asleep to accompany Mahiru who was sick. Ahahahaah, In February rumors about Mahiru's boyfriend started to die down. As you know, there was a scene when the school angel had a boyfriend, lol.

As you know, February is the month where chocolate for the couple will show its shape, that's right ... it's a valentine day. The message ten days ago? Eeehhh .... That's interesting, it's just that you don't like cute things? Even though this is valentine? Valentine is a day for a girl, while white day is a day for a man. I don't know since when this tradition started running, but this tradition is quite romantic.

Some people do not like it when birthdays are celebrated, most men consider birthdays to be ordinary days. This month Amane is having a birthday and Amane doesn't expect anything, it's just that Amane wants Mahiru to celebrate. As Amane expected, Mahiru held Amane's shirt and said that this year Mahiru will celebrate Amane's birthday, kyaaaa .... So sweet.

So this has entered the seventh chapter, white day

For Amane to buy a packet of cookies from the pastry shop doesn't seem like a bad idea. On White Day, Amane, who was waiting for Mahiru, it seem like Amane nervous. In the end, Amane succeeded in delivering the gift. If you are curious, the gift that Amane gave is a flower-patterned bracelet. Mahiru is very suitable to wear the bracelet. Look at this Illust of yiu want to see some flower bracelet.

Let's skip the Amane and Itsuki part, because that's not interesting at all. However, I really like the photos that Chitose sent, When Amane and Itsuki looked at each other, Amane's phone unwittingly rang, it turned out to be a message from Chitose. Somehow their chat was able to talk about Mahiru, as a result some of the messages there were very complicated but Amane was really struck by the photo sent by Chitose. That's right, the photo is of Mahiru wearing an evening dress and juxtaposed with a cute doll.

The moment when Mahiru is at its lowest point, it doesn't mean that Mahiru doesn't care about the surrounding environment, it's just that Mahiru doesn't fit into an environment like this. Amane tried to take the initiative by hugging him, Mahiru did not actually mourn her fate and bear all her problems herself, but Mahiru had no friends to make her talk.

For the first time ever, Mahiru had someone he could talk to about his problems and it was only with Amane's presence that Mahiru felt that the burden he had been enduring had disappeared a little.

After that day, Mahiru still looked strange, only Mahiru was still a little depressed. Amane tries to comfort Mahiru, if Mahiru is in trouble Amane says that mother, father, Chitose, and Itsuku will help Mahiru and will get through together. I like this line "Amane-kun, am I someone important to you?" What the heck, is that a confession, huh?

It closes with the new semester, end of Volume 2 ~
SyureriaJan 21, 2021 7:33 PM
Feb 19, 2022 10:01 PM

Feb 2021
Ok I'm really starting to see some Higehiro parallels here, MC is a messy guy living alone, finds a cute girl lost in the street, this cute girl helps organize his life and takes care of his home choirs, and it turns out this cute girl has a bad relationship with her parents and gradually they will help each other.

It's very similar to Higehiro except the MC is in HS and is not popular with other girls, ah and there's none of that "problematic" stuff.

Still I liked this volume and I specially liked those last few chapter, just seeing Mahiru opening up to Amane while they embrace was really sweet.
Mar 27, 2022 10:57 PM

Jan 2017
Loved the shrine visit chapter with Amane's parents, solely for the fact that Shuhuko dressed up Mahiru in such a cute kimono hahah. The Valentines and White Day stuff is cute too but at this point Mahiru's already gotten quite a few gifts from Amane.

Welp so that's the Mahiru family backstory. Cut her off from her mom soon Amane she's toxic af
Jan 16, 2023 11:06 PM

Mar 2018
This volume was full of cuteness, emotional development, and a growing relationship between Amane and Mahiru. I really, really love the intimate moments that occur during the story and the emotional grappling these two are dealing with in understanding the feelings that they have- honestly, one of my favorite romances in all of animanga.

There are a lot of family issues in this light novel, such as with Itsuki's father (something that I hope will be resolved soon, also what about the mother(?)) and Mahiru's parents which got some light shed on it in the final chapter. IN MY OPINION, I don't think it would make much sense for there to be closure between Mahiru and her mother, but from what we've seen so far, the father doesn't sound THAT bad. Maybe we'll delve into his character eventually. Aside from these two, I really love Amane's parents, and they seem to have done an excellent job in raising a very chivalrous and well-mannered, though not clean, boy.

I also wonder if the mystery man dilemma will be resolved through either Amane and Mahiru coming out as dating to the school or with Amane going out with Mahiru without his disguise.

As for the next volume, I'm hoping to see more intimate moments, more wholesomeness, and maybe a confession?
Jan 24, 2023 12:38 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Syureria said:
THIS IS A LIGHT NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------

Let's skip the Amane and Itsuki part, because that's not interesting at all. However, I really like the photos that Chitose sent, When Amane and Itsuki looked at each other, Amane's phone unwittingly rang, it turned out to be a message from Chitose. Somehow their chat was able to talk about Mahiru, as a result some of the messages there were very complicated but Amane was really struck by the photo sent by Chitose. That's right, the photo is of Mahiru wearing an evening dress and juxtaposed with a cute doll.

The moment when Mahiru is at its lowest point, it doesn't mean that Mahiru doesn't care about the surrounding environment, it's just that Mahiru doesn't fit into an environment like this. Amane tried to take the initiative by hugging him, Mahiru did not actually mourn her fate and bear all her problems herself, but Mahiru had no friends to make her talk.

For the first time ever, Mahiru had someone he could talk to about his problems and it was only with Amane's presence that Mahiru felt that the burden he had been enduring had disappeared a little.

After that day, Mahiru still looked strange, only Mahiru was still a little depressed. Amane tries to comfort Mahiru, if Mahiru is in trouble Amane says that mother, father, Chitose, and Itsuku will help Mahiru and will get through together. I like this line "Amane-kun, am I someone important to you?" What the heck, is that a confession, huh?

It closes with the new semester, end of Volume 2 ~
This volume also had many highlights, the development is slow but enjoyable it fits the book form and you just read the book, being focused on their relationship, you are always left satisfied with the progression because it is steady and feels realistic, considering both personalities.

Too many highlights! Especially in the illustrations above, what stroke me the most was Mahiru crying under the blanket, this artist is top tier.
The first one here of she holding the pillow was the cutest-funny overall, adorbs, cuz next page there is another illustration with her throwing the pillow to him in embarassement, so these captured their bantering soo well, and then you have that picture of her in pajamas with a plushie that was absolutely adorable to see, but less on the innocent side, a bit more suggestive, all in all still hella pure to the point it gives diabetes!!

Volume 2 continued the amazing work of volume 1 and volume 3 is already doing some great things too.
As far as vanilla romantic stories on LNs go, this has to be the best very best for those looking STRAIGHT for that romance, it sticks to its guns and does just a really awesome job to leave you feeling great.
Proof that execution of characters and development is more important than having to come with original ideas or cool concepts. I dont mind the later ones either but garantee me the first ones as the foundation and I m happy man, and I could be 70 years old and read stories like this and still get the fluffes, it is just good reading for your heart and soul~~

More topics from this board

» Otonari no Tenshi-sama ranks first for the best LN this year! Mahiru also ranks first for best girl 3 years in a row!

maplesyrup47 - Nov 24, 2023

7 by aurora_yuuki »»
Oct 19, 12:30 AM

» Where the anime end?

Dije - May 21, 2023

11 by Playcool »»
Jul 27, 3:24 PM

» Angel next door LN volume 8

Tdhfxgjdk - Mar 30, 2023

5 by K_Abhishek »»
Apr 6, 11:40 AM

» Should I read the manga rather than the LN?

medievalknight12 - Jan 19

3 by medievalknight12 »»
Jan 19, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsunomanika Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken Volume 5.5 Discussion

FragmantLemon - Oct 4, 2023

1 by briandashoota7 »»
Oct 5, 2023 6:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.