Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 10, 2021 10:03 AM
Dec 2018
Nana is a trained assassin. Is there any confirmed reason on why she didn't tried to fight the knife off the ghost dude? Not saying she would win the fight, but if the plan was just to make some time for Kyoya to find the real body, she might as well have tried to fight instead of just letting herself be stabbed to death.

She's supposed to be very smart when it comes to this kind of stuff, so why would she choose the option that would lead to an almost certain death instead of trying to fight for a bit of increased chance of survival?

Even if the ghost is invisible and can't be damaged with physical attacks, he's holding a regular knife that can be seen and grabbed. Did I miss something?

Obviously you can't avoid the death of the character that the writer wants to delete for plot reasons, but since this is a detective-like story, I expected a situation that really couldn't have been avoided by Nana.
Latest reviews: Mushoku Tensei P2 🤮 • Meikyuu Black Company 💰 • Tsukimichi 🌙
Jan 10, 2021 11:08 AM
Jul 2020
skysurf said:
Nana is a trained assassin. Is there any confirmed reason on why she didn't tried to fight the knife off the ghost dude? Not saying she would win the fight, but if the plan was just to make some time for Kyoya to find the real body, she might as well have tried to fight instead of just letting herself be stabbed to death.

She's supposed to be very smart when it comes to this kind of stuff, so why would she choose the option that would lead to an almost certain death instead of trying to fight for a bit of increased chance of survival?

Even if the ghost is invisible and can't be damaged with physical attacks, he's holding a regular knife that can be seen and grabbed. Did I miss something?

Obviously you can't avoid the death of the character that the writer wants to delete for plot reasons, but since this is a detective-like story, I expected a situation that really couldn't have been avoided by Nana.

disarming a tangible being is one thing, but disarming an astral projection is another story. u dont actually go for the knife when disarming someone, you’ve gotta target the hand holding the weapon. in nana’s case, she knew it was risky to incapacitate tsurumigawa since he’s in his astral state & far more agile than her. if she had charged ahead, she would’ve faced instant death & michiru would’ve been too late to salvage her. mind you all nana could think about around that moment was the safety of michiru. it was the climacteric moment she used her heart over her head while in a pinch. it’s a turning point for her character. it was a reckless decision nonetheless.
Jan 10, 2021 11:29 AM
Nov 2020
skysurf said:

You can't expect people to be act always 100% smart, especially when they are emotional.
Whole episode she leaned more towards betraying her mission, rather then carry on with it. Since the last ep she is starting to have a moral dilemma if her killings were truly justified, if it is a right thing to do. Call from Tsuruoka sent her back at the moral crossroads, putting her in tough spot, making her decide to either follow her orders or her heart.
Nana may be a trained assassin, but she is still young traumatized girl who after a really long time found somebody she truly cares about. That's why shielding Michiru felt more natural for her imo.
Even she did admit, that it was stupid of her to rush in like that, and even her ending up dying would be fitting for her.
Even if she would be faster and dodged that attack with Michiru, she would most likely get stabbed anyway since disarming a floating knife is well not something anyone could do since you must grab the knife directly unlike when you're disarming a normal person where you would mostly target his/her's arm. I don't think that bit of a combat training she possesses would help her in that situation anyway.
StrykerynoJan 10, 2021 11:50 AM
Jan 10, 2021 12:50 PM

Feb 2014
Strykeryno said:
skysurf said:

You can't expect people to be act always 100% smart, especially when they are emotional.
Whole episode she leaned more towards betraying her mission, rather then carry on with it. Since the last ep she is starting to have a moral dilemma if her killings were truly justified, if it is a right thing to do. Call from Tsuruoka sent her back at the moral crossroads, putting her in tough spot, making her decide to either follow her orders or her heart.
Nana may be a trained assassin, but she is still young traumatized girl who after a really long time found somebody she truly cares about. That's why shielding Michiru felt more natural for her imo.
Even she did admit, that it was stupid of her to rush in like that, and even her ending up dying would be fitting for her.
Even if she would be faster and dodged that attack with Michiru, she would most likely get stabbed anyway since disarming a floating knife is well not something anyone could do since you must grab the knife directly unlike when you're disarming a normal person where you would mostly target his/her's arm. I don't think that bit of a combat training she possesses would help her in that situation anyway.

technically, there's a way.
she can wrap her hand with a piece of thick fabric like her own uniform before grabbing the knife. worst case scenario, we got to see nana without her clothes lol
Jan 10, 2021 1:17 PM
Nov 2020
Protoz said:
Strykeryno said:

technically, there's a way.
she can wrap her hand with a piece of thick fabric like her own uniform before grabbing the knife. worst case scenario, we got to see nana without her clothes lol

That could work, but still undressing would take some time and which would make openning for Rentaro to attack. She could do that before their encounter tho, the question is how much time it would take to undress without slowing down. Still as I mentioned before she was emotional and even she said, that she had no plan, while rushing in. Saving Michiru was the only thing she had on her mind.
Smartest thing she could do imo, was convincing Jin to help her out, rather what she and Kyouya came up with.
Jan 10, 2021 8:56 PM

Mar 2016
try to disarm a physical human holding a knife who's also stronger than you with your bare hands. even if you had some combat training, it's probably not going to work

also try to come up with this plan when you have a bad stab wound in your back while also having your back facing the assailant
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."

More topics from this board

» talentless nana S2?

VELVET_BLUES - Jun 24, 2021

18 by Sku_te »»
Oct 18, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ringare - Dec 27, 2020

267 by Sku_te »»
Oct 11, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2020

132 by GOBERSERK »»
Jun 12, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

XXXXXXXXXIII - Sep 26, 2020

285 by EmiliaPinkman »»
May 27, 9:27 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2020

133 by Narity_ »»
Feb 13, 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.