New
Dec 17, 2020 9:20 PM
Jun 2013
clomapniJun 19, 2021 10:17 PM
Dec 17, 2020 10:15 PM
Jan 2020
clomapni said:
And she gets away scot-free...
My only enjoyment so far is hearing Nakamura Yuuichi as a pseudo-detective.
You know,why is it so hard for everyone other than Kyouya to figure out that she's heavily implicit on the multiple deaths that have occurred so far ?
The writings on the wall, man.
BUT WAIT... perfectly sound reasoning gets thrown out the window the minute the Enemies of Humanity are mentioned.
Who was last seen with the Victim ?
Nana.
Not once but multiple times.
Every single death. Every time.
If they just isolated her to prove Kyouya's theories.
Wow. Magically no one dies. Ha ha ha.

1. The Talented are being brainwashed to believe that "The Enemy Of Humanity" did exist. So it's natural for them to think it was them who do the killing.

2. The Talented are too confident and arrogant with their power that makes them not to think deeply instead carelessly.

3. The talented started to stop attending the school as the form of self-defense and surely I sure that the Talented, other than Kyouya started to think that why every deaths must be always happened around Nana? We probably don't see their thoughs just yet, but it's possible for them to think that way.
Dec 17, 2020 10:30 PM
Jan 2020
clomapni said:
Chee_B said:
>perfectly sound
Proofless conjecture.
>enemies of humanity
Perfect scapegoat.

Nah, man.
I don't buy it.
They just wrote the other characters besides Kyouya to be incredibly stupid.
This scapegoat of her's is sadly to effective that it makes the show feel dull.
Any kind of conjecture comes to a halt the moment enemies of humanity are mentioned. So stupid.

Did I just mention that the Talented are being brainwashed to think "The Enemy of Humanity" exist? And they are being overconfident and arrogant with their power that make them not to have deep way of thinking, Kyouya is exception. I'm sure, this "Enemy of Humanity" shit will some how disappear because not only Talented who believe this shit, all of the citizens in Mainland did too, by who? By the very same conspirators who sent Nana to the island and brainwashed everyone that "Enemy of Humanity" exist.

This is government and authority that we talking about. Who are not believe in them unless those guys are peoples like Kyouya and Jin?
Dec 17, 2020 10:34 PM

Jul 2020
Just when the word Enemy of Mankind pops out the crewmates leave the impostor alone.That's really stupid and the crewmates are not sus of pink at all.Except for Kyuoya(Idk his color XD)

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 17, 2020 10:58 PM
Jan 2020
clomapni said:
Kur4y4m1 said:

Did I just mention that the Talented are being brainwashed to think "The Enemy of Humanity" exist? And they are being overconfident and arrogant with their power that make them not to have deep way of thinking, Kyouya is exception. I'm sure, this "Enemy of Humanity" shit will some how disappear because not only Talented who believe this shit, all of the citizens in Mainland did too, by who? By the very same conspirators who sent Nana to the island and brainwashed everyone that "Enemy of Humanity" exist.

This is government and authority that we talking about. Who are not believe in them unless those guys are peoples like Kyouya and Jin?

It was the enemies of humanity !
Case closed.
rinse and repeat
All I'm saying is that it gets old.

Where was the enemy of humanity before she arrived and the killings began ?

That's the exactly the same shit that conspirators who are racists to Talented wanted them to believe that "Enemy of Humanity" exist, even though there is no proof.
Dec 18, 2020 12:14 AM
Jul 2018
A complete lock-down and everyone confined to their rooms, with no communication allowed.

Then go through everyone's witness accounts one by one, and cross reference. It'll take time, but would get to the bottom of things
Dec 18, 2020 12:34 AM
Jan 2020
clomapni said:
Kur4y4m1 said:

That's the exactly the same shit that conspirators who are racists to Talented wanted them to believe that "Enemy of Humanity" exist, even though there is no proof.
If they've been infiltrated by the enemy how come they aren't panicking and losing their minds ? They're not trying to find it and kill it. Isn't that what they're being "trained" for ?

Where did the curriculum came from? The conspirators
Who tell them about the "Enemy of Humanity"? The Conspirators

It mentioned in episode 9 that the numbers of students that coming to school was decreasing because it's the form of self-defense. And then in episode 10 it stated that the school started to not having any class until the boat arrived to the island.
Dec 18, 2020 12:47 AM
Jan 2020
clomapni said:
Chee_B said:

Ok, let's analyze "Nana is the murderer angle" from student stand point of view:
1. A psycho killer? Sounds crazy.
2. Someone attacked Nana. She is clearly a victim!
3. Nana has an a airtight alibi when gyaru died.
4. How can you explain poison? Nana is a mind-reader.
basically Nana's social standing > your reasoning

It should still be clear that she's involved in every death to some degree.
At some point coincidences stop being coincidences.
Clearly the mysterious deaths started happening after the arrival of the transfer students.
You're just trying to make sense of why the rest of the student's outside of Kyouya are brain-dead fucks. Nothing that they do makes sense.
Hey ! They've supposedly been infiltrated by an enemy of humanity but they're not taking action or trying to investigate it's whereabouts. Regardless whether the killer is Nana or not it seems like the rest of the student body is just sitting idly by waiting to get killed.
Everyone conveniently stops thinking whenever enemies of humanity are mentioned. Say what you want about them being brainwashed but I think it's just lazy writing on the part of the author.

Didn't if we are in their position, we will become ignorant just like them? Who arrogant with their power and don't know what are they supposed to do in this kind of situation? When you are spoiled, this is the result anyway, ignorant.
Dec 18, 2020 1:44 AM
Jan 2020
clomapni said:
Kur4y4m1 said:

Didn't if we are in their position, we will become ignorant just like them? Who arrogant with their power and don't know what are they supposed to do in this kind of situation? When you are spoiled, this is the result anyway, ignorant.
Well, this doesn't answer why they aren't doing anything to retaliate against the imaginary enemy. Whenever a death happens the truth is never really brought to light and everyone just accepts an enemy of humanity was involved. How come no one is trying to kill the enemy of humanity stowed away on the island ? Doesn't every student believe this to be their mission ? Why are they ignoring the existence of an enemy of humanity. They think it's real and no one tries to subjugate it. HUH ?

They are spoiled, overconfident and arrogant kids who drunk because of their own powers. It's true that they get education to fight off the "Enemy of Humanity", but how about their way of thinking? When we get spoiled and overconfident, did we exactly just like them? Who cannot think straight and being ignorant? That's the exact stage that they are in right now, although a murderer is exist among them.
Dec 18, 2020 1:47 AM
Jan 2020
clomapni said:
Chee_B said:

She is only alleged killer if you look at it from killer angle. Just give it up because this is going nowhere.
>unless this show addresses
Nana: "Since everyone believes Tsunekichi was sick, Kaori is the first victim in their eyes. Now that there's dead body, clear as day, **even Nakajima's disappearance will feel more real to everyone**."

I know Nana isn't the killer in their eyes but what about doing something about the actual killer ? So far, the show is about to end and the class itself has done nothing to counteract the threat that they are facing. I just wanted you to agree that it's stupid of them to do nothing but I don't see why you cannot agree.
I'm just saying that murders are occurring and the super powered fools are doing nothing to attempt to bring the truth to light. They seem content to believe that an enemy of humanity is responsible but don't you believe it's silly of them to do nothing about it ?

Wait doing nothing?

Episode 9 - The Talented started to not attending school regularly because of recent murders

Episode 10 - The school started to not having a class until the next boat arrived in the island.

Episode 11 - Talented like Michiru and others being scared of recent murders, so they seek for protection and discussion. In this case, Michiru came to Nana.

I'm sure they ready to complain and retaliate when this "special person from HQ" come to the island.
Dec 18, 2020 2:20 AM
Jan 2020
clomapni said:
Chee_B said:

>but what about doing something about the actual killer
Killer doesn't really exists in their minds until ep8. Only after that people lost their shit and teacher cancelled classes.
And you are clearly forgetting about school administration. It's their job.
if school == running
everything == fine
The mysterious disappearances have also been linked to the behavior of the enemies of humanity. Before the first confirmed murder happened classmates had been mysteriously disappearing and they believe an enemy of humanity is among them.
Why would they not take matters into their hands when a supposed enemy of humanity is involved. The enemy they've been waiting to subjugate has reportedly been known to be lurking in the shadows of the island. It's their mission to eliminate the enemies of humanity.
A murder happens but the student body takes no action afterwards to uncover the identity of their arch nemesis. Why are you so adamant to defend the series ? It has so many fallacies in it's logic and straight up ass-pulling logic in order to make things convenient for Nana to get away scot free.
clomapni said:
Chee_B said:

Killer doesn't really exists in their minds until ep8. Only after that people lost their shit and teacher cancelled classes.
if school == running
everything == fine
The mysterious disappearances have also been linked to the behavior of the enemies of humanity. Before the first confirmed murder happened classmates had been mysteriously disappearing and they believe an enemy of humanity is among them.
Why would they not take matters into their hands when a supposed enemy of humanity is involved. The enemy they've been waiting to subjugate has reportedly been known to be lurking in the shadows of the island. It's their mission to eliminate the enemies of humanity.
A murder happens but the student body takes no action afterwards to uncover the identity of their arch nemesis. Why are you so adamant to defend the series ? It has so many fallacies in it's logic and straight up ass-pulling logic in order to make things convenient for Nana to get away scot free.

Just how many times should I said this to you again, buddy? They are immature, overconfident, arrogant and spoiled talented who still have low way of thinking. But Kyouya and Tachibana Jin is some of exceptions. When we are immature and spoiled, it's already natural for us to act like that?
Kur4y4m1Dec 18, 2020 2:54 AM
Dec 18, 2020 5:35 AM
Nov 2020
clomapni said:
Chee_B said:

if school == running
everything == fine

You're missing one detail. The class believes that Nana's mind reading can detect EoH. And because of that she started patroling during the nights in order to prevent future attacks, as she did with Michiru. And they rely on that because she's a Leader and they believe her, because she proved her ability and innocence many times. This whole fact is enough for them to explain her being center of every disturbance, although later on in manga

The island is suprisingly large they could try combing it through, but it will be pointless anyway, because how do you find something that is invisible.
Dec 18, 2020 8:47 AM
Jul 2018
clomapni said:
Sku_Te said:
A complete lock-down and everyone confined to their rooms, with no communication allowed.

Then go through everyone's witness accounts one by one, and cross reference. It'll take time, but would get to the bottom of things
Honestly, it just bothers me that they're easily convinced that an imaginary enemy was involved and no one but Kyouya seems to be bothered by this.
They take Nana's word for granted even before she became a leader of the group.
The student body is composed of some very gullible people.

It's a mixture of trope writing and character hubris. It's something that has always irked me about many an anime than someone can be defeated just because they are arrogant, especially when one starts expositioning...

Even if someone is arrogant, they suddenly don't lose any intelligence - probably the opposite in fact : Go through hell and high water just to prove how great they are. Or work in the background before laying out their coup de grace.

One thing that Nana does have going for her is a lack of cohesion in the group. That should have been dealt with almost immediately after the first murder - and wasn't.

removed-userDec 18, 2020 9:07 AM
Dec 18, 2020 2:28 PM
Nov 2020
clomapni said:
Strykeryno said:

You're missing one detail. The class believes that Nana's mind reading can detect EoH. And because of that she started patroling during the nights in order to prevent future attacks, as she did with Michiru. And they rely on that because she's a Leader and they believe her, because she proved her ability and innocence many times. This whole fact is enough for them to explain her being center of every disturbance, although later on in manga

The island is suprisingly large they could try combing it through, but it will be pointless anyway, because how do you find something that is invisible.
Don't you believe it's all working WAY to conveniently for Nana. I mean, come on! There's not a single person outside of Kyouya that doubts her openly and repeatedly.
Strykeryno said:

That's the problem. It's the goddamn plot armor that saves her every time for the convenience of the plot. No one ever (outside of Kyouya) question anything and take her word for granted always. Why is it hard for anyone but Kyouya to question the truth behind the disturbances ?
The EoH conveniently attacks every time an accident involving Nana occurs.
How many times will that excuse work before it stops working ?
No one can corroborate her story. So why believe her wholeheartedly ? She may be the leader but she's at the heart of the matter mostly every time. It's not hard to see she's involved in someway with each disappearance and murder that occurs. The rest of the characters were made to be mindless droves ready to get killed. The show's about to end and the only one investigating deeply is Kyouya ? No one else seems to proactively want to know who is killing them and why. Everyone else's life goes on like usual while they are getting killed one by one.

Honestly so far I felt plot armor only 2 times in 8eps the rest imo had some semi-plausible explanation.
Why Nana is involved everytime when EoH attacks and why people I believe her I already explained.
Kyoya came with a suspicion in the 1st place and he arrived in same time as Nana did. And he himself stated that they shouldn't go after each others necks not at least without solid proof to avoid unnecessary inner conflicts.
The rest of the kids grew up believing in this war with space aliens, if you are tallented means you are special propaganda. So yea as people mentioned before me, they are young and more naive and arrogant stronger their ability is, and those with weaker ones will group up with the strong and will more likely agree with everything their "Boss" says, fractionalization is a real thing here it always was in school Jin stated that in 9th ep and also mentioned a fact that these kids will have no idea how to deal situations like these. In addition there are also loners or those that hide their powers that may have some darker secret and thats why they dont want to stand out too much, so they rather mind their own bussiness (especially when a mind reader is nearby).
But yea, I do agree that eps 4-7 were weak in terms of writting each case could have been handled much better with no drastic changes in the story I found myself dissapointed in this show as well. But what got me back in this show is everything that happens pass 8 ep. The thing is this show was never supposed to be Cat'n'mouse/Among us game. The plot direction wll change the only bad thing is that the anime will end by that point.
StrykerynoDec 18, 2020 2:46 PM
Dec 18, 2020 3:14 PM
Nov 2020
clomapni said:
Strykeryno said:

Honestly so far I felt plot armor only 2 times in 8eps the rest imo had some semi-plausible explanation.
Why Nana is involved everytime when EoH attacks and why people I believe her I already explained.
Kyoya came with a suspicion in the 1st place and he arrived in same time as Nana did. And he himself stated that they shouldn't go after each others necks not at least without solid proof to avoid unnecessary inner conflicts.
The rest of the kids grew up believing in this war with space aliens, if you are tallented means you are special propaganda. So yea as people mentioned before me, they are young and more naive and arrogant stronger their ability is, and those with weaker ones will group up with the strong and will more likely agree with everything their "Boss" says, fractionalization is a real thing here it always was in school Jin stated that in 9th ep and also mentioned a fact that these kids will have no idea how to deal situations like these. In addition there are also loners or those that hide their powers that may have some darker secret and thats why they dont want to stand out too much, so they rather mind their own bussiness.
But yea, I do agree that eps 4-7 were weak in terms of writting each case could have been handled much better with no drastic changes in the story I found myself dissapointed in this show as well. But what got me back in this show is everything that happens pass 8 ep. The thing is this show was never supposed to be Cat'n'mouse/Among us game. The plot direction wll change the only bad thing is that the anime will end by that point.
Everyone just falls in line like good little sheep and believe every word she says without any shadow of a doubt. Ugh. Regardless of the reasoning or the show's logic as to why it's possible for this to happen I personally find it stupid. That's all. I wish they were at each other's throats more and that the show felt more chaotic as a result of it.

I'am not saying it's not only that there is at least some explanation to it. And that it is the weakest part of the manga.
Dec 18, 2020 4:21 PM
Jul 2018
A lot of the problem is, of course dependant on how you view Nana. For those who view her as a slightly naughty girl, would want her caught ASAP, and the general lack of inquisitiveness being a problem towards that.

removed-userDec 18, 2020 4:24 PM
Dec 19, 2020 5:30 AM
Nov 2020
Sku_Te said:
A lot of the problem is, of course dependant on how you view Nana. For those who view her as a slightly naughty girl, would want her caught ASAP, and the general lack of inquisitiveness being a problem towards that.

You're right, ngl I disliked her actions and her character at the begining and wanted her to get caught as well. For someone it may be frustrating to see coldhearted killer like her to succeed everytime while pretty much dodging bullets, even though some of her victims deserved it, but some of them clearly not. That's why I say that this is the weakest part of the manga/show and the show for me started post ep 9, where we finaly get to explore her character and ultimately see her start to develop.
Characters that you may find yourself hating at first, but liking them when they start to change I honesly enjoy much more rather then characters that are genuinely good from the start.
Dec 19, 2020 7:24 AM
Jul 2018
I very rarely change from viewing a character different from the start and the end - with the exception of Lyn Davis from Marchen Madchen.

With Nana, my disdain for her hasn't changed, and probably never will. There is no reason to trust her anyway, as she's a consummate liar. Why would anyone be willing to trust her ?

I prefer to like my characters to start with - otherwise, it's not really possible to enjoy as there is no-one to get behind, and without that, there is no point in continuing with something.
removed-userDec 19, 2020 7:52 AM
Dec 20, 2020 5:01 AM

May 2014
So many people in real life believe in government propaganda and conspiracy theories with less fabricated evidence than here. Yes, many of these characters have disastrously poor critical media reading skills, but that is just how mankind is.

In series that actually involve fighting against mysterious monsters, aliens, demons, etc., the characters do not immediately suspect a grand conspiracy on day one, even if their enemies are very mysterious and only very little is known about them. People give the characters a free pass though. Actually, if the characters in such shows falsely suspected the government was lying to them and actually trying to kill them, I bet the audience would call them idiots for that too. If Kyoya was completely off-base and we as the audience could actually see the aliens around, many viewers would call him an insane conspiracy theorist and laugh at him.

It seems that people's measure of character intelligence is whether they can guess correctly, even in the absence of significant evidence. This is how it usually goes:

A character makes the correct hypothesis without much evidence. -> "He is a genius!"
A character makes the false hypothesis with the equal amount of evidence. -> "He is an idiot!"

It is not only with the so-called idiot characters but also with the alleged geniuses. If the "genius" guesses right every time without a shred of evidence, most people will accept them as a genius, even though it makes no sense. As evidenced by any number of anime, really. Just have the characters make random guesses, and people will 10/10 it as long as they luckily guess correctly.

Scordolo said:
Just when the word Enemy of Mankind pops out the crewmates leave the impostor alone.That's really stupid and the crewmates are not sus of pink at all.Except for Kyuoya(Idk his color XD)
Everyone in Among Us already knows that there is a killer among them. That is in the premise and even in the title. The people playing are not trying to figure out the genre of the game; they already know that.

Sku_Te said:

It isn't a bad idea (I also thought about it), but it comes with its pros and cons. If it actually is aliens (or another third-party killer), isolating people without communication will make it easier to pick them off one by one. But sure, you will eventually be able to rule out some suspects.

Sku_Te said:
I very rarely change from viewing a character different from the start and the end - with the exception of Lyn Davis from Marchen Madchen.

With Nana, my disdain for her hasn't changed, and probably never will.
Ideas about moral disagrement are not a factor in tactical capabilities.

Sku_Te said:
There is no reason to trust her anyway, as she's a consummate liar. Why would anyone be willing to trust her ?
Oh, so people should distrust her based on the premise that she is a liar... which they can't have figured out before already distrusting her. Distrusting her is fine and all, but you can't base it on already knowing the conclusion.
TheDeedsOfMenDec 20, 2020 5:32 AM
Dec 20, 2020 5:26 AM
Jul 2018
The way around that would be everyone had to check it at appointed times, with a personalised password.

A modification of that would be everyone goes around in threes or fours (again with the clocking system and so forth, preferably a tracking system too)

The best way would be to slow down the killer (ie Nana) until enough evidence is found or if something does happen, at the very least everyone's location would be know.

Circumstantial evidence should be enough to raise some eyebrows at least.

Ideas about moral disagreement are not a factor in tactical capabilities.

I never said it was - was just stating a reason for why I don't watch it now,
removed-userDec 20, 2020 5:55 AM
Dec 20, 2020 7:34 AM

May 2014
Sku_Te said:
The way around that would be everyone had to check it at appointed times, with a personalised password.

A modification of that would be everyone goes around in threes or fours (again with the clocking system and so forth, preferably a tracking system too)

The best way would be to slow down the killer (ie Nana) until enough evidence is found or if something does happen, at the very least everyone's location would be know.
Yes, it is probably better to move around in groups. But if people can't trust the other members of their groups, they will be reluctant to walk around with them and might opt to bunker down by themselves anyway. And if it really is mind-controlling aliens who can influence people with weak psyches, they could influence several people at once, especially during the heightened level of anxiety which will make it easier to influence them. They may be reluctant to trust those groups of people then. Though at least the aliens would have to target several people, which makes it more difficult in one sense.

You could also try to gather larger groups into bigger rooms such as classrooms. Though if you try to gather too many people, there is also the risk that they could be wiped out all at once, depending on the talents in play. And it may be inconvenient in other ways.

Passwords are fine as a countermeasure because there is no real downside, but proving identities wasn't the biggest problem here. Better than nothing though.

Sku_Te said:
Circumstantial evidence should be enough to raise some eyebrows at least.
Are you referring to the lockdown scenario or something else?

Sku_Te said:
Ideas about moral disagreement are not a factor in tactical capabilities.

I never said it was - was just stating a reason for why I don't watch it now,
Based on the conversation so far (such as "A lot of the problem is, of course dependant on how you view Nana. For those who view her as a slightly naughty girl, would want her caught ASAP, and the general lack of inquisitiveness being a problem towards that"), I thought it was related to the tactical abilities of the characters, but alright. Still, I don't see why you would have to root for a protagonist to keep watching. It is not like the narrative endorses what the protagonist does.
Dec 20, 2020 8:53 AM
Jul 2018
Are you referring to the lockdown scenario or something else

In general

The protagonist is usually regarded as a visual representation of what a person thinks of themselves/would like to be/is etc etc.

If said protagonist doesn't conform to those ideals, then you'll have to come up with justification to continue, or leave it.

There needs to be attachment somewhere to the characters. Without that, it's just a waste of time.
removed-userDec 20, 2020 9:36 AM
Dec 20, 2020 10:56 AM

May 2014
Sku_Te said:
Are you referring to the lockdown scenario or something else

In general
A few observations:

Tsunekichi enforced Nana's (partially true) story of blackmail by going around claiming that she was his girlfriend. There were no external wounds or blunt trauma on the body, and there was no obvious reason why she could not have claimed self-defence anyway. The real reason for not claiming self-defence was the method of killing, which was not obvious this time. Thinking rationally, you should perform an autopsy then, but it is a pretty extreme thing for non-professionals to do. The zombie "autopsy" is plausible, as long as they are willing to desecrate his corpse and potentially torture his spirit. I don't think they ever cared about Tsunekichi all that much, even if the victim of his blackmail is telling them to care, so they could plausibly go for it.

The forest being littered with zombies and Nana skipping on a day of school enforced her story about what happened with Yuuka, much of which was true anyway. As leader, it was plausible for Nana to speak extensively with her to keep up with how people were faring.

Eventually, Nana openly claimed that Nakajima had been killed while putting on the whole crocodile tear show. The biggest circumstantial evidence was that they had spoken some time before.

Sku_Te said:
The protagonist is usually regarded as a visual representation of what a person thinks of themselves/would like to be/is etc etc.

If said protagonist doesn't conform to those ideals, then you'll have to come up with justification to continue, or leave it.

There needs to be attachment somewhere to the characters. Without that, it's just a waste of time.
That is the self-insert approach to fiction. I don't agree with that.

It is not about whether the protagonist conforms to ideals; it is about whether the narrative does. If a villain protagonist is acknowledged as a villain, I don't see a problem. The characters I like are the ones with the most interesting ideas, dialogue, and role in the story. I don't have to agree with them at all.
Dec 20, 2020 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
Well, each to their own.

You have to like the narrative to start with, though
removed-userDec 20, 2020 1:10 PM
Dec 20, 2020 11:31 AM

Jun 2008
"All these characters are stupid because they can't see what we, the viewers who are watching this story play out in detail from the killer's perspective, see."

Are you for real?
Dec 20, 2020 1:32 PM

Jun 2008
clomapni said:
Florete said:
"All these characters are stupid because they can't see what we, the viewers who are watching this story play out in detail from the killer's perspective, see."

Are you for real?
It's still infuriating.
The rest of the characters don't seem to make any real effort to know what is really happening on the island. When are the gears finally going to get into motion ? Until everyone is dead ?
How come Kyouya doesn't have a single sympathizer ? Wouldn't that make things more interesting ?
Am I supposed to find the series perfect and not have any criticisms of my own ?
Don't get me wrong I'm liking the show but there's certain aspects of it that I'm not that fond of.

I have criticisms of the show myself. Not every criticism is a good one.
Dec 20, 2020 1:51 PM
Jul 2018
clomapni said:
Florete said:

Hey, I'm not saying I have the best take or opinion on the show. Clearly, I don't and I willingly admit it.
But I don't care. I'm barely active on the forums of MAL and I wanted to try and share my opinion regardless of the result.

As I said elsewhere, it is a devisive show
Dec 20, 2020 1:52 PM
Jul 2018
clomapni said:
Florete said:

Hey, I'm not saying I have the best take or opinion on the show. Clearly, I don't and I willingly admit it.
But I don't care. I'm barely active on the forums of MAL and I wanted to try and share my opinion regardless of the result.

As I said elsewhere, it is a devisive show
Dec 21, 2020 3:39 AM
Dec 2018
You know people do believe that 5g causes corona, so it's not surprising to see people believe the stuff written in their textbooks. Don't majority of people believe in a God who's mentioned in their books?
Let me tell you, if this show wasn't shown from the perspective of Nana, none of you could guess she's the killer.
Dec 21, 2020 4:36 AM
Jul 2018
It may take a few deaths, but my curiosity would certainly be aroused. After all, one death is possible, two is bad luck but after that it gets into the realm of improbability to be anything other than murder. Therefore, it's a matter of working out what they all have in common.

The main way of solving the problem would be to make everyone think you had a talent - the more dangerous the better.

Whilst it would be dangerous, the idea is to keep murderer focused on just you, all the while observing, recording and planning. It also has the advantage of the killer forcing the killer to make mistakes (as hopefully you'll keep surviving).

Trust no-one, keep distant from everyone; observe everything and perform enquiries in a roundabout way (ala Columbo). Mis-direction too (which is another reason you would want to pretend to have some talent)

Eventually, it should be possible to ascertain who is the most likely. Reduce that down through a process of elimination (using facts, and statements), and then hopefully there should just be one left - at which point turn the tables and apply constant pressure on them - forcing them to retaliate.

It would be slow (even Poirot has trouble at times), long-winded and potentially dangerous, but it would be possible.

Anyone with an analytical mind would have an immense advantage
removed-userDec 21, 2020 7:29 AM
Dec 21, 2020 3:46 PM

May 2014
salarx said:
You know people do believe that 5g causes corona, so it's not surprising to see people believe the stuff written in their textbooks. Don't majority of people believe in a God who's mentioned in their books?
Let me tell you, if this show wasn't shown from the perspective of Nana, none of you could guess she's the killer.
I didn't mention examples outright, but yeah, these are the kinds of beliefs I was referring to.

There is actually a bit more discussion later on in the manga about how people believe what they want to believe instead of asking inconvenient questions. They believe in the things that suit their worldview instead of what would be rational.
Dec 21, 2020 8:10 PM

Mar 2016
Sku_Te said:

Anyone with an analytical mind would have an immense advantage
keep in mind you will be working under the belief that invisible monsters are real if you were one of the superpowered kids on the island. your post already seems to be starting with the assumption that the killer is one of the students and not the enemies of humanity that everyone in the class has been conditioned to believe in
Aure0linDec 21, 2020 8:30 PM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Dec 22, 2020 12:54 AM
Jul 2018
Assuming it's not an Isaki type situation (where you could just kill Nana and be done with it), the best place to start would be to make as much noise as possible - present yourself as the biggest target, whilst keeping everyone away for their own safety, as well as the fact that you won't anyone interfering (no matter how well intentioned - or not).

Then it's a matter of working out how invisible something is - hopefully a variety of traps on different places would be used.

You would, of course, end up with no results - whilst people would be dying elsewhere. Therefore a change of tactics would needed, once you get over the ego-deflating realisation that you weren't as important as you thought you were.

Still, everything needs to be checked.

I did have a lot more detail, but lost it when I switched apps on my mobile - so is the truncated version of what I can remember of it

removed-userDec 22, 2020 6:41 AM
Dec 22, 2020 4:45 PM

Mar 2016
those first few sentences sound like a pretty good way to get yourself killed early on. there's a reason why "safety in numbers" is more than just a saying.

unless you're immortal, it would be pretty easy for the reclusive student to get picked off without anyone noticing. you say people would be dying elsewhere while you could be the inconvenient first death. even if you started catching on that people were dying, you could get killed before you even figure out that there arent invisible monsters around. you're not an outside observer, so how are you going to take steps to ensure your own survival?

and assuming that those traps work as intended instead of malfunctioning or getting sabotaged by nana, i'm not sure how a few days/weeks worth of evidence of monsters not specifically going after you would trump a lifetime of being told that invisible monsters exist, especially when they're the reason for you being at a special academy for killing them.
Aure0linDec 22, 2020 5:41 PM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Dec 22, 2020 10:28 PM
Jul 2018
At some point empirical observation must come up with one of two results ; There are monsters or there aren't. If it's the former, then, it would be time to mount some sort of counter-strike hopefully with as many other people as possible, and then bask in the glory of being Hopefully glorious victory.

And if it's the second, whilst it would could well be a shock, the evidence wouldn't lie. At which everything would need to be re-evaluated
Dec 22, 2020 11:13 PM
Aug 2019
She goes from a crying mess to smiling as soon as someone throws accusations off of her because ya know that's normal, so is being found in a secluded area with a dead body who just happens to carry an incriminating picture, and it's not suspicious either how she just didn't defend herself at all when called out on her last kill either.

But lets think about an enemy of humanity situation. Shouldn't one be able to at least think the enemy of humanity likes to attack those close to Nana for whatever reason? If I didn't want my classmates dying off one by one shouldn't I(and others) be her bodyguard or something? It really feels like they're all just sitting around waiting to die.
Dec 22, 2020 11:14 PM

Mar 2016
given that you arent attacked by invisible monsters, the only reasonable conclusion you could come to with your trap idea is that monsters aren't specifically coming after you. it says nothing about the non-existence of those monsters, and the hypothetical version of you that was conditioned from birth to believe that these monsters exist would more likely prefer the explanation that goes along with that worldview.
Aure0linDec 22, 2020 11:22 PM
Dec 23, 2020 12:08 AM

May 2014
Sku_Te said:
At some point empirical observation must come up with one of two results ; There are monsters or there aren't. If it's the former, then, it would be time to mount some sort of counter-strike hopefully with as many other people as possible, and then bask in the glory of being Hopefully glorious victory.

And if it's the second, whilst it would could well be a shock, the evidence wouldn't lie. At which everything would need to be re-evaluated
So if I see no lions today, lions can't exist? Come on.

What would the traps even be like? Sticks and rope? Hidden cameras? Firing wide-area attacks at the woods randomly?

And you are assuming that people actually trust empirical evidence over their indoctrination and other convenient beliefs. Take a look at the kinds of things real-life people believe in.
Dec 23, 2020 1:58 AM
Jul 2018
You're forgetting this wouldn't all be done in a day. Besides the resulting evidence wouldn't be for anyone else.

Indoctoration can be broken. It can either be done yourself (with all the problems comes with) or have it done. The latter would be a waste of time doing it to everyone on the island.

I have no doubt, given the right person, the whole scheme could be exposed for the charade it is.

More topics from this board

» talentless nana S2?

VELVET_BLUES - Jun 24, 2021

18 by Sku_te »»
Oct 18, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ringare - Dec 27, 2020

267 by Sku_te »»
Oct 11, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2020

132 by GOBERSERK »»
Jun 12, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

XXXXXXXXXIII - Sep 26, 2020

285 by EmiliaPinkman »»
May 27, 9:27 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2020

133 by Narity_ »»
Feb 13, 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.