Forums
New
Dec 12, 2020 11:44 AM
May 2016
I fall under wanting her to have a happy ending personally speaking
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 12, 2020 3:06 PM

Jun 2008
As a manga reader I want her to have a happy ending but she still need to redeem herself for killing the guy who can go back to the past... and the two girls.
All other kills are kinda justify for obvious reasons (they were terrible humans beings that used their powers for their own gain without considering how it will affect everyone else). Besides that just wait till the end of the anime.
If you look only look at how far the anime went so far so yeah there is no reason to feel sorry for Nana.
Dec 13, 2020 3:15 AM

Aug 2012
A bittersweet ending always works fine. Unlike the protagonist from Death Note, she neither played god nor made her own decision to start killing people.
As an anime-only watcher, it's already clear she's just a tool to the government, a very inefficient one to say.
Nana was made an obedient soldier.
Kids were made stupid and arrogant.
That's just how things work in that universe which is not so far from our reality.
A-JoyDec 13, 2020 3:20 AM
Dec 13, 2020 6:23 AM

Jan 2014
It's hard to really say in cases like these. I've read the Manga, so I know where we're at story wise, and it's like. While you'd want her to have a happy end, on the other end, you can't excuse what she has done. Even if some of the kills were on those who may have deserved it, it doesn't really excuse the act. It's different from say being a soldier, you're protecting something, though it more than likely still has a negative effect on you. While Nana, as we see in the anime, while it does seem like she was groomed to be this way, she's still going through with the idea of murdering innocent kids. While I understand she may not have had a choice maybe. But still, it wouldn't right to just let her off scott free if she turned a new leaf basically.

So it's a bit of both. I do like her and wish her the best, but understand that she shouldn't just get let off the hook.
EllenwitchDec 13, 2020 6:28 AM
Dec 13, 2020 6:33 AM
Jan 2020
As a manga reader, I wanted her to has a proper happy ending. Because she is just a victim and she wanted to redemption for her crimes. I know, justice is something that must exist in this situation. So I really wanted her to get a proper punishments, but with proper happy ending as well.
Dec 13, 2020 7:37 AM
Apr 2020
Nana's deth (brutally killed )
This kind of ending I want
I hate nana's personality
Dec 13, 2020 9:12 AM

Jul 2017
Manga reader here too, and can understand OP's feelings of "Is it justice to have Nana live or die".

Concerning that the manga is still ongoing, I'd agree with fellow readers that it's the 80/20 Pareto Principle fallacy of wanting justice served against Nana, whille also presuming that she'd turn over a new leaf (if that's ever possible).

There is no 100% definite truth here, so a mix of the 2 will be the best case scenario (but of course, to each his/her own).
Dec 13, 2020 9:22 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Good thing I'm not the writer, lol.

On a serious note though, it's "complicated feelings" for me. Anime-only, by the way.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 13, 2020 1:12 PM

Jul 2017
As a manga reader, I want her to got a happy ending somehow, but she needs to redeem herself and do something to pay about her crimes all this time first, a happy ending after she got a big suffering would be nice.
Dec 13, 2020 1:57 PM

Nov 2015
Kyouya and Jin should just put her into prison (or kill her, if that cannot be done) and stop the extermination of Talented ... But it looks like they will need to fight all the governments in the world that are ordinary people and don't want to keep Talented people alive.
It's just, I would like her to have happy ending, but she has already done things that cannot be forgiven, too late. Can't imagine Talented knowing that she's a killer and letting her live happily.
Dec 13, 2020 6:39 PM

May 2014
Let's go for the happy ending. We don't always have to be the strictest possible moral police in fictional narratives. Let someone have a happy ending for once, after a decent amount of suffering and redemption.

(And yes, I have read the manga.)
Dec 13, 2020 6:50 PM

Aug 2018
I wouldn't mind her achieving her deadly chore, it would be original to have the vilain/protagonist/antagonist winning the game. Actually most of the Talented annoyed me, except a few ones like Kyouya or Jin.

But I kinda feel something much deeper lying behind the island. We don't absolutely know the background nor the spatial/temporal context, so I wouldn't be surprised to meet another plot twist at the last episode. And with that, I could imagine Nana joining forces with the remaining survivors she tried to kill by the past : Talented + her versus the world ? Why not !
Dec 15, 2020 10:56 AM
Jul 2018
Abhinandan2002 said:
Nana's death (brutally killed )

Same here too - there is no way anyone remaining should trust her for anything.

I have to say nothing she did was really justified, beyond satisfying her sadistic bloodlust.
Dec 15, 2020 2:42 PM
May 2016
Sku_Te said:
Abhinandan2002 said:
Nana's death (brutally killed )

I have to say nothing she did was really justified, beyond satisfying her sadistic bloodlust.

"Sadistic bloodlust".....

I think you're starting to make things up friend
Dec 15, 2020 3:40 PM

Mar 2017
I think I lean more towards wanting a 'bad end' for Nana. Or at least a bittersweet ending. Which is probably inevitable now that she already has blood on her hands.

I can't really foresee an actual happy end for her, not the way the story is going so far.
Dec 15, 2020 10:13 PM
Jul 2018
NG_Chloe said:
Sku_Te said:

On the contrary, she's a serial killer and pretty sadistic too, completely indifferent to her victims and perhaps even enjoying it all
removed-userDec 15, 2020 10:22 PM
Dec 15, 2020 10:39 PM

Jul 2020
She should've lost a long time ago when Michiru found the photo of Nana pushing Nanao but she was so stupid that she actually believed that it could be a mistake.A really stupid plot armor to be honest.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 15, 2020 11:46 PM
May 2016
Sku_Te said:
NG_Chloe said:

On the contrary, she's a serial killer and pretty sadistic too, completely indifferent to her victims and perhaps even enjoying it all

That's....not wrong, I'm looking ahead from the hinted regret(from the ed and little moments since Necromancer), but I guess at the moment we haven't reached that point
Dec 16, 2020 12:13 AM
Jan 2020
NG_Chloe said:
Sku_Te said:

That's....not wrong, I'm looking ahead from the hinted regret(from the ed and little moments since Necromancer), but I guess at the moment we haven't reached that point

Nana is not a psychopath who enjoy her killing even in anime right now.
Kur4y4m1Dec 16, 2020 1:30 AM
Dec 16, 2020 12:56 AM
Jul 2018
Kur4y4m1 said:
NG_Chloe said:

Oh, she's a psychopath by any definition of the word :

Persistent anti-social behaviour (to put it mildly) - check
Impaired empathy - check
Lack of remorse - check
Habitual liar - check
Bold and disinhibited - check
Egotistical - pretty much

She's cold-hearted and uses people
removed-userDec 16, 2020 1:00 AM
Dec 16, 2020 1:54 AM
Jan 2020
Sku_Te said:
Kur4y4m1 said:

Impaired empathy - check
Lack of remorse - check
Habitual liar - check

1. Anti-social behavior, in order to kill, someone must see persons as an object(this is stated by Tachibana Jin) so it's only natural for a murderer/assassin in mission to kill of their feelings so they can do their job well.

2. Impaired empathy, because this is a mission and they are considered as "The Enemy Of Humanity" it's only natural that Nana has a impaired empathy, I mean who didn't if we in Nana's shoes? But this one is no more ever since Nana read Michiru diaries.

3. Lack of remorse, did you see that she started to felt doubt after she killed Yuka and 2 gals? And probably not yet, we haven't seen her true remorse just yet when her doubts become more intense.

4. Habitual liar, I mean, what kind an assassin who doesn't lie in order to kill his/her targets? This is a skill that every assassins already required.

5. Bold and disinhibited, because Nana also told that she must kill "The Enemy Of Humanity" and she get told that they were the one who killed their parents, it's only natural for Nana to felt that way.

6. Egotistical, well I wonder ever since she read Michiru-chan diaries and saw Michiru lost her consciousness in bathtub, will she keep become that kind of person?

Cold-hearted and uses people, what kind of assassins who haven't trained to have cold-hearted toward their targets? And what kind of assassins who haven't known how to uses people unless she was taught by someone who far more monster and cruel than her? You already known right? She was framed to murder by this "someone" who probably appeared to be her mentor.
Kur4y4m1Dec 16, 2020 2:04 AM
Dec 16, 2020 1:56 AM
Dec 2020
I want Nana's win, kill all the people she wants to kill on the island. Complete the mission, and go back to her home

finished
Dec 16, 2020 1:58 AM
Jul 2018
There is always at least one idiot in a class...
Dec 16, 2020 2:05 AM
Jan 2020
Sku_Te said:

Is that kind of obvious?
Dec 16, 2020 2:11 AM
Jul 2018
Kur4y4m1 said:
Sku_Te said:

Impaired empathy - check
Lack of remorse - check
Habitual liar - check

1. Anti-social behavior, in order to kill, someone must see persons as an object(this is stated by Tachibana Jin) so it's only natural for a murderer/assassin in mission to kill of their feelings so they can do their job well.

2. Impaired empathy, because this is a mission and they are considered as "The Enemy Of Humanity" it's only natural that Nana has a impaired empathy, I mean who didn't if we in Nana's shoes? But this one is no more ever since Nana read Michiru diaries.

3. Lack of remorse, did you see that she started to felt doubt after she killed Yuka and 2 gals? And probably not yet, we haven't seen her true remorse just yet when her doubts become more intense.

4. Habitual liar, I mean, what kind an assassin who doesn't lie in order to kill his/her targets? This is a skill that every assassins already required.

5. Bold and disinhibited, because Nana also told that she must kill "The Enemy Of Humanity" and she get told that they were the one who killed their parents, it's only natural for Nana to felt that way.

6. Egotistical, well I wonder ever since she read Michiru-chan diaries and saw Michiru lost her consciousness in bathtub, will shel keep become that kind of person?

Cold-hearted and uses people, what kind of assassins who haven't trained to have cold-hearted toward their targets? And what kind of assassins who haven't known how to uses people unless she was taught by someone who far more monster and cruel than her? You already known right? She was framed to murder by this "someone" who probably appeared to be her mentor.

I'm sure she could have a way out of everything if she really tried without needing to kill all and sundry.

Even if not, she must have had some inkling that she's not being told everything.

Wonder how many people she killed during her training ?

Still doesn't make anything she does right, especially the sadistic way she does everything. As being a psychopath isn't curable, the best thing would be to put her down.
removed-userDec 16, 2020 2:31 AM
Dec 16, 2020 2:36 AM
Jul 2018
Kur4y4m1 said:
Sku_Te said:

Is that kind of obvious?

Eh ? I was being sardonic, by the way
Dec 16, 2020 5:48 AM
Jan 2020
Sku_Te said:
Kur4y4m1 said:

6. Egotistical, well I wonder ever since she read Michiru-chan diaries and saw Michiru lost her consciousness in bathtub, will shel keep become that kind of person?

I'm sure she could have a way out of everything if she really tried without needing to kill all and sundry.

Even if not, she must have had some inkling that she's not being told everything.

Still doesn't make anything she does right, especially the sadistic way she does everything. As being a psychopath isn't curable, the best thing would be to put her down.

Kur4y4m1Dec 16, 2020 5:54 AM
Dec 16, 2020 8:00 AM
Jul 2018
Would depend on whether any sort of redemption is possible - which is doubtful
Dec 16, 2020 8:28 AM
Jan 2020
Sku_Te said:
Would depend on whether any sort of redemption is possible - which is doubtful

Like telling the whole class the truth that she is a murderer? And she will accepted any of their punishments? I think that's no bad.

Dec 16, 2020 8:28 AM
May 2016
Sku_Te said:
Kur4y4m1 said:

She lost her parents, and blames herself at that, and she's been led to believe that they were killed by Talented.

She's clearly been blinded by revenge and guilt.

Minor SPOILER, but the person who trained her used that to manipulate her, I.e. why she's unquestioning in her loyalty to her superiors
Dec 16, 2020 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
And it'll be absolutely delightful if/when she finds out the truth. Although meeting a permanent "accident" would still be better
removed-userDec 16, 2020 11:46 AM
Dec 16, 2020 11:26 AM
Jul 2018
Something bittersweet. More bitter than sweet, though.
Dec 16, 2020 12:39 PM
Jul 2018
I think it's safe to say that Nana is very controversial, although probably more accurate to say decisive.

Actually, been reading more on it on TV Tropes - and have to say, I dislike Nana even more now...
removed-userDec 17, 2020 9:54 AM
Dec 17, 2020 10:37 PM
Jan 2020
Sku_Te said:
I think it's safe to say that Nana is very controversial, although probably more accurate to say decisive.

Actually, been reading more on it on TV Tropes - and have to say, I dislike Nana even more now...

Just read the manga if you really dislike Nana so much to find out.
Dec 18, 2020 12:20 AM
Jul 2018
Don't worry there. Doesn't change anything though.

She's made her bed...
removed-userDec 18, 2020 12:30 AM
Dec 27, 2020 12:56 PM

Sep 2019
Chee_B said:
Scordolo said:
She should've lost a long time ago when Michiru found the photo of Nana pushing Nanao but she was so stupid that she actually believed that it could be a mistake.A really stupid plot armor to be honest.

Character acting in character is not a plot armor.
there's a difference between acting in-character (which is a sweet and kind girl for michiru) and not seeing the total obvious. michiru's character wasn't a dumbass. even a sweet and kind girl would see that a picture of nana watching nanao fall of a cliff wile wearing a cold expression on her face is obvious proof that nana is a murderer
one piece
episode 321
15:46 (or 16:33)
you're welcome
Dec 27, 2020 1:21 PM

Nov 2009
This is the prequel of my hero academia xD
Dec 27, 2020 2:12 PM

Sep 2019
Chee_B said:
shuu-tsukiyama said:
there's a difference between acting in-character (which is a sweet and kind girl for michiru) and not seeing the total obvious. michiru's character wasn't a dumbass. even a sweet and kind girl would see that a picture of nana watching nanao fall of a cliff wile wearing a cold expression on her face is obvious proof that nana is a murderer

Nana saved Michiru from bullies and EoH. There is no way Michiru is going to doubt her.
that doesn't change the fact that she literally saw a picture of nana coldheartedly pushing nanao off a cliff
one piece
episode 321
you're welcome
Dec 27, 2020 2:21 PM
Nov 2020
shuu-tsukiyama said:
Chee_B said:

Nana saved Michiru from bullies and EoH. There is no way Michiru is going to doubt her.
that doesn't change the fact that she literally saw a picture of nana coldheartedly pushing nanao off a cliff

She did, but at that point Michiru trusted Nana so her confusion was on spot and after that Nana explained her, that his power sometimes took pictures from his dream not always from the future. Meaning some of his photos were nonsense. And she bought that.
Dec 27, 2020 2:43 PM

Sep 2019
Strykeryno said:
shuu-tsukiyama said:

She did, but at that point Michiru trusted Nana so her confusion was on spot and after that Nana explained her, that his power sometimes took pictures from his dream not always from the future. Meaning some of his photos were nonsense. And she bought that.
you do have a point. either that or I'm just too dumb to cuntinue the discussion
one piece
episode 321
you're welcome
Dec 27, 2020 2:47 PM
Jul 2018
shuu-tsukiyama said:
Strykeryno said:

you do have a point. either that or I'm just too dumb to continue the discussion

She was far too naive
Dec 27, 2020 8:10 PM

Aug 2018
I'm pretty sure that Nana is going to die at the end (not that I would want it) but I hope it isn't too gruesome seeing how her character is developing in both the manga and the anime.
"Who needs drugs when you got cute anime girls?"
-Sun Tzu
Dec 27, 2020 8:35 PM
May 2016
jaeheek said:
I'm pretty sure that Nana is going to die at the end (not that I would want it) but I hope it isn't too gruesome seeing how her character is developing in both the manga and the anime.

If that does happen, I bet it would be more poetic. Of course I'd like her to live a full, happy life in hiding or something, but I also wanted her to (sorta) marry Michiru, but that....didn't hqppen
Dec 27, 2020 9:18 PM
Apr 2020
Spoilers
Yeah, Nana did some terrible crap and even though some of her victims were genuinely bad people she isn't the one who decides who lives or dies. that said, I want her to have a happy end. She deserves a happy end because technically she was raised and told to do those actions. there should be justice for what she has done but some responsibility should be placed on who she is working for. anime watcher btw.
Dec 28, 2020 7:43 PM

Jul 2011
I have mixed feelings.

While I do think Nana will do good in the end, I do see her dying at the end of it all. It's hard to describe.
Dec 30, 2020 3:17 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Redemption i think not, no matter what the circumstances she did cruel and vile things which she should be punished deeply for death would be more satisfying, I don't wanna bring reality into it but let's say a normal girl/boy was trained to be a serial killer and then went out to kill over 50 people doesn't change the fact that they killed people once you taint your hands in blood it will be tainted forever you'll go crazy from seeing the dead bodies in your sleep etc so her being alive and shouldering all those crimes I can't see it the best option would be death or suicide, even if they was used as a tool they committed acts of violence people should not agree for happy a ending be it reality or fiction no once you start doing shit like this punishment by death or life sentence would be most suitable hell no seeing a girl go on a killing spree get a happy ending would be kill my love for the series, even if she doesn't die in the end I at least hope she gets imprisonment or get what she deserves, and this is me from the animes only point of view her character in the anime is shit she doesn't seem to be suffering while killing she's happily killing these guys like its a game so why should someone like this get Redemption tell me why id understand if it looked like she was suffering or conflicted to do these deeds but everyone has their opinions and some people think she should have a happy kawai life well whatever happens ill go with it still wish she suffered a bad end tho

Jan 1, 2021 3:33 PM
Jul 2018
I would really like to see her die by her own needles. Would serve her right
Jan 1, 2021 9:13 PM

Nov 2019
Nope, for someone to kill without a clear motive they deserve to die just for that, it just doesn't make sense if she got her redemption based solely on the fact that "she is trained specifically to kill", no. If a random guy just kill someone dear to you, it won't matter what they do before or wherever the hell they might be before. You'd still want to have the guy dead. Plus the fact that she seems to be enjoying her job is enough for me. Nana deserves to die in a horrible way.
Jan 2, 2021 7:58 AM
May 2016
Mashasbi said:
Nope, for someone to kill without a clear motive they deserve to die just for that, it just doesn't make sense if she got her redemption based solely on the fact that "she is trained specifically to kill", no. If a random guy just kill someone dear to you, it won't matter what they do before or wherever the hell they might be before. You'd still want to have the guy dead. Plus the fact that she seems to be enjoying her job is enough for me. Nana deserves to die in a horrible way.

.......she had a clear motive though. She was led to believe the talented killed her parents, along with blaming herself for the murder, which made her easier to manipulate.

She also has made an agreement with Tsurouka to create a fun for orphans. There are other ways to do that, but it did show her endgame was more than just killing people
Jan 2, 2021 1:21 PM
Jul 2018
Really would like her to be permanently stopped. She's just a loathsome creature
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» talentless nana S2?

VELVET_BLUES - Jun 24, 2021

18 by Sku_te »»
Oct 18, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ringare - Dec 27, 2020

267 by Sku_te »»
Oct 11, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2020

132 by GOBERSERK »»
Jun 12, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

XXXXXXXXXIII - Sep 26, 2020

285 by EmiliaPinkman »»
May 27, 9:27 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2020

133 by Narity_ »»
Feb 13, 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.