Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 23, 2009 11:19 AM

Apr 2009
So what drew you to Shamo? Why do you still read it? (hopefully it will continue soon @.@)

For me, I think I found Shamo in the list of favorite manga on MAL. I'd never really read manga before, well I tried but I found I really missed the sounds you get when watching anime. Shamo's description was interesting enough so I gave it a shot.. and I was hooked from that time on ^^. First time a manga did that for me xD. I'm so annoyed that there's this conflict now stopping them from publishing!!
"Don't believe in the you that believes in me. Don't believe in the me that believes in you. Believe in the you that believes in yourself."
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 25, 2009 4:13 AM
Jul 2018
Well, I always wanted to watch anime where the protagonist would be a real badass (not just some evil looking guy, who in the end decides to fight for justice...), but I couldn't find one. So i searched through the list of manga, and Shamo was the first one who caught my eye ;) After few volumes it was clear: Yeah thats one of my favorite mangas ever! :D Hope writers in near future are planning to continue it..
Sep 25, 2009 1:09 PM

Jan 2009
I'm always looking for both manga and anime that is out of the ordinary. Plenty of action, interesting characters, character development and a great story. So difficult to find.

Shamo has surprised me BIG time. Didn't expect it to be any different than most manga out there. OMG was I wrong.

Haven't read all that many chapters yet, but I think it's going to become a new favorite of mine. So much in fact that it might even surpass my all time favorite manhwa called Rebirth.
The story is so INTENSE. Very unique. It's brutal and honest to a degree that has me sitting on the edge of my seat when I read it.
WHY hasn't anyone made an anime adaptation yet?

Enlighten a still Shamo n00b here please. WHAT is going on? A conflict?
So the artist Akio Tanaka is suing Hashimoto. Something about copyright lawsuit I believe?
Sep 26, 2009 8:13 AM
Jul 2018
There is a live action adaptation though.. But it wasn't as good as i hoped it will be...
Sep 26, 2009 11:30 AM

Jan 2009
Live action WAT I never knew. OMG thanks for mentioning it *goes searching

Right so I need help. Searching for Shamo or Coq de Combat is a no go. Please say you remember the title?
TwoSoxsSep 26, 2009 11:34 AM
Sep 27, 2009 2:53 AM
Jul 2018
The title is the same Shamo, even thought the original one is Gwan Gaa.
Sep 27, 2009 4:19 AM

Jan 2009
Oh LOL I should have known better than to search for it on other lame movie db sites.
Thanks for the info DIX. Looking forward to watching it XD
Oct 3, 2009 11:19 PM

Sep 2008
Hm... I was looking for a manga that is similar to one of my favorites, Kiseijuu, and I found this one. XD
Live-action? I must see *--*
Oct 6, 2009 11:54 AM

Jul 2008
hmmm because its fucking awesome :D
Oct 12, 2009 6:02 AM
Oct 2008
I like realistic martial arts mangas, Shamo was my first. Also the story is very realistic which is kind of unusual for a manga. I like the overall feel of Shamo,a urban-martial art envoirment feeling,also nichilistic.
Mar 24, 2013 2:15 PM

Mar 2013
Pretty good series with a protagonist is an asshole who fights and does what the hell he wants. It's on hold for me at the moment though.
Oct 24, 2013 7:34 PM

Jan 2013
I liked the idea of the protagonist being one hell of a badass who does what he wants when he wants.
Jan 24, 2022 12:55 AM
Jan 2022
I read it cause the holy lord made me have an epiphany about its greatness .
Man oh man do i really love this manga
but that ending got me down bad , cause i guess all of us were just rooting for ryu to hit it off and live happily ever after.
That was until the retard brothers did show up.....
well its 2022 and gotta say imma miss shamo.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.