Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2015 9:21 PM

Jun 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This manga definitely has a different feel for itself. It is not melancholic, but something more like the lingering kind of feeling you continously suffer/go through (depending on your tastes) when you cannot quite answer something in life. It is just a really gentle kind of read with angst (that, in my opinion) thankfully gets answered at the end.
"Masturbation."

---The End.
Dec 6, 2015 8:22 AM
✨ a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Hana no Migoro Ni (chapters 4 and 5) was the cute type of story lol. He looked great in girls clothes lol and for the family to be so understanding.... if there were more chapters maybe we could have seen some sort of conflict lol

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Dec 27, 2015 3:15 PM

May 2015
And here I thought that the sister was coming onto him. XD
I really wish that Youichi had come out to his family. I even would have been satisfied if when they kissed the sister had been peaking out the window and seen it, but not say anything about it.
As for the adoption thing, that is really, really weird. I don't know if it's just me or what, but having your parents adopt your lover? Why would you want your lover to be your brother? I don't know, maybe he meant adopt in a different way, or just in the sense that he would take his family name? After all, we didn't get a full translation of the documents.
SuranaMar 5, 2016 10:09 AM
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Mar 4, 2016 9:11 PM

Feb 2009
Anny555 said:
I really wish that Youichi had come out to his family. I even would have been satisfied if when they kissed the sister had been peaking out the window and seen it, but not say anything about it.
As for the adoption thing, that is really, really weird. I don't know if it's just me or what. I realize gay marriage only became legal in Japan a few months ago and that this manga was written beforehand, but having your parents adopt your lover? Why would you want your lover to be your brother? I don't know, maybe he meant adopt in a different way, or just in the sense that he would take his family name? After all, we didn't get a full translation of the documents.

Same-sex marriage is not legal in Japan... where did you read it was? Because I couldn't find anything about it. The only thing I did find was some prefectures being supportive or finally recognizing lgbt's civil partnership rights.

About the adoption process, Arikawa didn't ask his parents to adopt Misaki... normally, the older partner adopts the younger one (well, it does sound disturbing if you think they became father and son... hahah). But that is how it works in Japan, it is a mere formality to give family-only privileges to your partner (and also the only way, since gay marriage is not legal... adoption/koseki is the only way to become family). That is why he said: "I don't mind being Misaki...", meaning he doesn't mind if Misaki wants to adopt him and use his family name as the couple's name.

This type of adoption (koseki) is also used for other porposes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_adult_adoption
Mar 5, 2016 10:09 AM

May 2015
_tori said:
Anny555 said:
As for the adoption thing, that is really, really weird. I don't know if it's just me or what. I realize gay marriage only became legal in Japan a few months ago and that this manga was written beforehand, but having your parents adopt your lover? Why would you want your lover to be your brother? I don't know, maybe he meant adopt in a different way, or just in the sense that he would take his family name? After all, we didn't get a full translation of the documents.

Same-sex marriage is not legal in Japan... where did you read it was? Because I couldn't find anything about it. The only thing I did find was some prefectures being supportive or finally recognizing lgbt's civil partnership rights.

About the adoption process, Arikawa didn't ask his parents to adopt Misaki... normally, the older partner adopts the younger one (well, it does sound disturbing if you think they became father and son... hahah). But that is how it works in Japan, it is a mere formality to give family-only privileges to your partner (and also the only way, since gay marriage is not legal... adoption/koseki is the only way to become family). That is why he said: "I don't mind being Misaki...", meaning he doesn't mind if Misaki wants to adopt him and use his family name as the couple's name.

This type of adoption (koseki) is also used for other porposes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_adult_adoption

I don't know why I wrote that since I'm 100% aware that it's not legal in Japan. I must have been really tired that day or something, lol. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll edit that post.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Mar 5, 2016 10:15 AM

Feb 2009
Anny555 said:

I don't know why I wrote that since I'm 100% aware that it's not legal in Japan. I must have been really tired that day or something, lol. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll edit that post.

Oh, it is okay, I was just curious because I have a strong interest in LGBT rights in Japan.
May 20, 2017 10:11 PM
Mar 2010
Ah, that makes a lot more sense. I was kind of confused about the adoption, though I knew it was definitely a good thing since he also got rings lol.
Apr 18, 2020 4:34 PM

May 2010
Enjoyed Misaki's and Arikawa's side of story even more than the titular one, I just really like them together :3 Such two cuties~

And of course there had to be some cross-dressing involved lol, at least it didn't last too long.

As for adptation papers, had no idea how this works in Japan, despite reading a lot of BL series. I guess authors rarely show any of the actual issues gay couple have to go through there. Sadly! Props to the mangaka for including this, even only for their epilogue.
Jun 14, 2020 5:26 AM

Dec 2015
I'm glad I decided to read comments here else I'd be thinking those adoption papers was for them to adopt a kid together 😅

I really love arikawa x misaki couple. They are so adorable together! I wish them all the happiness in their later life.

More topics from this board

» more bls like this!

sherrylatteee - Jul 4

0 by sherrylatteee »»
Jul 4, 3:05 AM

Poll: » Hana no Miyako de Chapter 3 Discussion

rouge_ciel - May 18, 2013

13 by CalmTeaTime »»
May 13, 2021 6:41 PM

Poll: » Hana no Miyako de Chapter 2 Discussion

_-_Sally_-_ - Mar 21, 2019

1 by CalmTeaTime »»
May 13, 2021 6:38 PM

Poll: » Hana no Miyako de Chapter 1 Discussion

Surana - Dec 27, 2015

1 by CalmTeaTime »»
May 13, 2021 6:35 PM

Poll: » Hana no Miyako de Chapter 4 Discussion

Surana - Dec 27, 2015

0 by Surana »»
Dec 27, 2015 2:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.