Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2015 7:01 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was hoping we'd get a flash forward to when they're grown up but I guess there wasn't time for that. Still a decent ending. Mattia and Remi are my favorite WMT couple :3

I was reluctant to start this show because I loved the first version of Ie Naki Ko so much, I knew this one couldn't compare and while it's not as good, I still liked a lot. 7/10
Jul 7, 2016 8:46 PM

Jul 2011
They're adorable~ Wish we got an epilogue as well, but it's okay. xD

I ended up watching this version first, but I'll get around to the original. ^^
Dec 26, 2016 10:31 AM

Dec 2012
Hmm, the ending felt a bit abrupt for my tastes. I was hoping to see Mattia fulfill his promise to Remy. Maybe even a timeskip where they're married. At least see everyone with the Milligans. All's well indeed, but other WMT have spoiled me with fantastic epilogues.

Having said that, however, it by no means mitigates or undermines Remy's journey. Without a doubt, that was the most important part. It was an integral part of the main theme - to look ahead and keep moving forward. The conclusion to Remy's journey with Vitalis was heartbreaking considering everything he'd done for her as well as the unique bond they'd formed along the way.

As for the time Remy spent at Gaspard's place, this was a demonstration of her strong will to overcome hardship while finding joy in an unlikely place. It was because of Mattia and the others that she didn't lose hope when she lost Vitalis and thought she was alone. In turn, she transformed the lives of the children living there and no doubt saved them as well.

Overall this really was a delight. It manages to bring out the familiarity of WMT with both the hardships and appreciation of life. That the world can be so cruel and yet so wonderful.

8/10, now "Mother" is stuck in my head and I can't stop saying the name Joli-Coeur because it's so fun.
Dec 10, 2019 11:21 AM

Jun 2015
It felt so satisfying to see the lawyer flipping that bastard Gaspard.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 29, 2020 7:34 AM

Feb 2011
It´s 2020, im 26y and i LOVED this series!
Sadly WMT couldn'd make a bigger run, but based on the little budget they had, this is an miracle in animation.
(a little peek in the future would be lovely, but just having that ending is great for me.)
So good!

More topics from this board

» Where can I watch this?

pepesanic - Mar 27, 2023

2 by pepesanic »»
Jan 31, 7:52 AM

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Remi Specials Episode 1 Discussion

Mirorin - Jul 7, 2016

2 by toshikikai2 »»
Jun 14, 2020 12:09 PM

Poll: » Ie Naki Ko Remi Specials Episode 2 Discussion

notdog1996 - Jan 27, 2013

4 by guulaash »»
Apr 22, 2017 2:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.