Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2020 7:17 PM

Mar 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This season is way to reactive to all its parameters. So far the main cast have done nothing out of their own will (except Togusa). They have only reacted to what other tell them and then get exposition about something.
Not saying this season isn't interesting 'cause I think it is but Motoko so far has done nothing relevant. And that hurts me.

Also, the new dude from America... What was even the point of him existing?
azertz99Apr 23, 2020 7:47 PM
Apr 23, 2020 7:49 PM

Mar 2016
kuroluka said:
It's more action packed, and neglect on the other hand on the characters, and while I like the action, It's not really the main thing GITS usually is focused on.

In addition to this I would like all this action more if it was properly animated without CG.

I am watching it for the sake of watching it, but I am not on board with this.
Pretty much my thoughts. I like the action but it's not really why I am watching Stand Alone Complex... Even if the CG is stiff when the models don't do anything I would still love the show if they just talked more. I just want dialogue... Please?
Apr 24, 2020 10:20 AM

Oct 2017
The action scenes were pretty good and Motoko keeps being a bad ass (only thing I like about this so far). The post humans are too op lol and did that guy just put some sort of back up inside Tachikoma, seems like it.
Apr 25, 2020 4:50 AM

Mar 2019
tzarye14 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
This season is way to reactive to all its parameters. So far the main cast have done nothing out of their own will (except Togusa). They have only reacted to what other tell them and then get exposition about something.
Not saying this season isn't interesting 'cause I think it is but Motoko so far has done nothing relevant. And that hurts me.

I agree with your assessment that the team is in reactionary mode. Honestly, I didn't like how powerless they felt when they allowed themselves to be captured at the end of episode 2. Motoko feels very submissive so far... Even the Arise version of the character which also had a younger looking design was a major hard ass. It feels weird to see her so complacent than aggressive.

Btw, I have so far disliked every character that isn't an old timer. Still dislike Standard... Although, to be fair he didn't have much to do this episode to change my mind. And, the John Smith character feels goofy with that voice

Also, it's a shame they didn't do a better job making the post humans scarier. There's a cool idea there and seeing them move around like that is kinda unsettling, but the faces need to look disturbing.
Apr 26, 2020 6:42 AM

Jan 2013
tzarye14 said:

I also thought it was a good episode overall but they've been reactive a lot of the time because they were dealing with the NSA as a unit from a Private Military Company. They don't have as much power as they had when they were section 9.
Apr 26, 2020 10:06 AM

Oct 2016
This Stan guy is so bad they had to take him out of the picture and without even killing him, he didn't do anything, he was annoying and he left in such pathetic way, what a bad joke of a carácter.

As for the rest of the episode, it was basically just power creep, they nerfed the old cast and introduced new op lifeless antagonists.
May 3, 2020 7:48 AM

Apr 2009
So we're now into Posthuman huh? And there's more of em'!

I'm worred about that damned Tachikoma again! Did it get hacked when it said it's barriers were fading and everything is merging into one? Did that posthuman somehow suborned it by hiding something in it's memory, Ghost or AI however brief was the contact?

I shuddered a bit when I've read the "new normal" in the subtitles, coupled with the international political blame game and cover-up, they're so goddamned relevant in time of CoVid-19 global pandemic, national lockdowns and social distancing. Truth has become stranger than fiction!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 4, 2020 12:30 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The best episode so far (but that's not saying too much). The post human bit was entertaining enough, but it feels so cheap and hollywoody after the original SAC's, where we really were taken on a ride, exploring in depth about what it meant to transcend humanity and the possibilities therein.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 5, 2020 11:52 AM

Jan 2011
What is this tasteless background music they are using for this episode? That BRAAAAAAAAAAAM.

Its so typical of hollywood movies and so is the plot now that I think about it... that its actually giving me "cringe" (I hate that word..) as people are like to say.
May 28, 2020 6:34 PM

Feb 2009
Damn the first 6 episodes are good, and that's coming from somebody that hates CG anime and had super low expectations for this "sequel". Love the detail this show has and gotta say that the CG has grown on me, honestly it's not that bad, if you don't mind it you can enjoy the rest even if it's not on par with previous adaptations. Music is ok tho... What I notice is that the story and dialogue is not as complex, deep and philosophical as the first 3 SAC adaptations, but still has that military, global and future tech-wise approach. Heavily action packed and the tactical side of it is very well done. Plus you have back the original Japanese voice cast which is amazing. So far Kenji Kamiyama has done a good and entertaining job. As a hardcore GitS SAC fan, I'm surprised I'm enjoying this.
Mar 8, 2023 10:45 AM

Aug 2012
All my thoughts go to all those who dropped this show early over something as silly as character designs because they all missed this frankly superb episode. The cold stare that guy had was amazing, I’m currently all for this storyline. Excited to see it develop.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 5 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 24, 2020

11 by abystoma2 »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:37 PM

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

SteelingMax - Apr 23, 2020

57 by abystoma2 »»
Nov 14, 2023 3:42 AM

» This series got way too much hate

Tyrannicswine117 - Feb 21, 2021

26 by SametTakao »»
Nov 9, 2023 4:33 AM

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tsarko - Apr 24, 2020

59 by Shawn_Shambley »»
Jul 9, 2023 6:38 AM

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 11 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 25, 2020

11 by naturalbrawler »»
Jun 3, 2023 11:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.