Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 4, 2020 7:26 PM

Jan 2013
I personally think this show is average. It's not great , but it's watchable and even in some moments funny and enjoyable.Just wanted to ask you guys, do you find this show kinda weird ? I mean sometimes, I feel awkward watching it. Animals with human faces being partners to animals with animal faces, it weirds me out.
Mar 7, 2020 1:08 AM

Oct 2013
Yeah it's weird but that's why I like it. Don't really have to think much with the premise and you learn shit about animals. Also the girls are hot and I like that the dudes are actual animals cause who cares about them. Just imagine if you were the only male human around all these female humanoid animals.....nice

Manga is just as ridiculous, but waaaaay better than anime.
Mar 7, 2020 6:35 AM

Sep 2019
I doubt i if i'd ever like it. I don't like the premise. The whole school feels like a zoo and it creeps me out. I wonder why the mc is even at the school. And where the hell are other humans. How could there only be 2 humans in the school!

If i have to turn off my brain while watching this. I'd prefer to wait for it to finish airing first. Not my thing. So i have to binge it and end the torture in one go.

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Mar 8, 2020 12:38 PM
May 2015
I think they should have made the animal ladies actual animals, and not give them human-animal hybrid designs. It's confusing and unfair - don't make the females pretty just because the males can't be handsome too.

Mar 9, 2020 2:57 AM

Jul 2012
Sexy Dimorphism is the name you are searching for, and this show lives from it almost exclusively for fanservice sake.

I also prefer anime like Beastars where they are mostly human-like animals equally (except fish iirc), or more like Damekko Doubutsu, in which they are all just humans with some few animal traits applied to them (it seems like they are just using clothes pretty much).

Only one of those characteristics applied to each sex does sound kinda forced in my opinion, I would prefer for this show either just the Damekko Doubutsu approach (the one they are only using for females here) or just go full furry like Beastars (since I guess that would make much more sense given the full context of the story).

It's kind of one of the reasons why I can't get this show much of a high score despite some comedy gold deliveries within the premise.
DanpmssMar 9, 2020 3:02 AM
Mar 9, 2020 11:54 AM

Sep 2018
It is weird, but that is partially what makes it unique. I really enjoyed this anime so far.
Mar 9, 2020 7:12 PM

May 2014
Agree. This show is average at best, but it's hella fun and I get a good time watching it.

But it has to be the show with the dullest demi-human design I've ever watched. Sexy Dimorphism is really strong here, to the point where males are literally bipedal animals, and females are generic anime girls with ears and tails stuck on, to the point you can't even tell what animal they are based on.

This may seem a minor issue in a show that isn't supposed to be taken seriously, but when most of the comedy is based on animal traits like "sloths can't lift much weight", or "ratels have a really hard skin", or "tarsiers can jump 25 times their size", and those traits are executed by normal-looking human girls, that completely breaks the immersion, at least for me. It's so shockingly different that sometimes comedy ends up being just ridiculous and weird instead of funny.

I know this is for appealing otakus to sell them cute waifus, but I think a design similar to Killing Bites' would be just as effective. Still cute anime girls designs but with enough traits to, you know, be able to tell what animal they are based on.
Rhapsody-Mar 9, 2020 7:15 PM
Mar 10, 2020 12:42 AM

Aug 2016
The only wierd thing here is someone having watched +500 anime and saying Murenase concept is wierd.
:v
Mar 10, 2020 11:55 AM

Mar 2014
I think it's not bad but only 2 things that bothers me.

1) I don't really get the jokes, sometimes I felt like it's either cliche or too forced

2) The MC is super annoying and I don't like his personality at all. Funny he is a human and yet he acts like a BITCH

Other than that I do enjoy show
RedChromeMar 10, 2020 12:03 PM
Mar 10, 2020 3:47 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I can't say other word to interprete it. But i enjoy this for a while. Some scene seems pretty well for me. So why not?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges

More topics from this board

Poll: » Murenase! Seton Gakuen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2020

55 by purplemoon_ »»
May 5, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Murenase! Seton Gakuen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2020

84 by purplemoon_ »»
May 1, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Murenase! Seton Gakuen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2020

126 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 9, 2023 6:41 PM

Poll: » Murenase! Seton Gakuen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2020

162 by Daviljoe193 »»
Oct 22, 2023 11:02 PM

» any hype for this?

Kougeru - Dec 19, 2019

17 by Kougeru »»
Jul 9, 2023 10:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.