Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 10, 2020 12:12 PM
Jul 2019
So, i was thinking if it is worth to pick this anime now that it has 6 episodes.
Feb 10, 2020 12:14 PM
May 2019
Yes if you're a fan of Psychological anime and deep and complex stories.
Feb 10, 2020 12:17 PM
Jul 2019
Xstasy said:

But the story is good? I love psychological animes and complex stories, but sometimes these animes just tried to be a lot deeper than they really are and this is kind boring..
Feb 10, 2020 1:19 PM

May 2015
Kbenicio said:
Xstasy said:

But the story is good? I love psychological animes and complex stories, but sometimes these animes just tried to be a lot deeper than they really are and this is kind boring..

With the shows like this, you can't really tell until you watch till the end. The story is a bit confusing at times and it can be hit or miss depending on what your expectations are. I don't particularly like the story so far but I don't hate it either. I probably would like to see where this goes but I'm also ready to be disappointed.
Feb 10, 2020 4:21 PM
Aug 2019
Kbenicio said:
So, i was thinking if it is worth to pick this anime now that it has 6 episodes.

If you like movies like Scanners, Push, and Inception then you will like it. The episodes fly by when I watch them. I don't think that you are bored by them..it is just that you don't understand everything happening and you are not patient enough to stick it out. This is not a show that is going to info dump you.
Feb 10, 2020 4:22 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Kbenicio said:
Xstasy said:

We have a pretty good compatibility (over 50%!), and looking through our shared anime, I think there's a likelihood that you'll enjoy Pet. I could, of course, also be wrong, given that my mean is higher than yours ^^; I think I know what you mean by "deeper than they really are" and are thus "boring," as I can see you also weren't really convinced by Boogiepop. Pet is actually quite interesting in that it's nothing incredibly mysterious (like Boogiepop), nor does it shove anything deep at you so far. I also wouldn't really say it's complex, although the supernatural mechanics do seem to confuse a lot of people, hence the low score. Imo, it's not difficult to follow as long as you're paying attention and you enjoy these types of stories. If you take out the supernatural factor, the story and conflict(s) are straightforward, but also on the unpredictable side. I've been really enjoying it, although we're only half way through, so no telling if it'll get worse OR even better :) I have a feeling it won't go down like Babylon or anything though, it'll likely stay the same tone throughout the rest of its run.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pet Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ashhk - Mar 30, 2020

87 by SybilJesso »»
Oct 10, 1:17 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 10 Discussion

Ashhk - Mar 9, 2020

36 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 8 Discussion

Ashhk - Feb 24, 2020

37 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 11, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 6 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Jan 18, 2020

43 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 4, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 5 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Jan 18, 2020

45 by Roch2001 »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.