Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 4, 2019 9:44 AM
Oct 2018
For anyone that is interested in VN, let's talk about our favorite ones, recommendations for beginners, etc.
frauvampSep 18, 2019 8:05 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 19, 2019 10:22 AM
Sep 2019
Regarding good starters:

Saya no Uta is a pretty classic beginner choice for anybody looking for darker stuff. It's a very good story with awesome presentation and it doesn't overstay its welcome.

I'm pretty sure my first VN ever was Kawata Shoujo, which is a lot of people's first VN. Looking back on it, it's not that great, but it has some very strong points.

Steins;Gate is excellent, I'd definitely recommend that, regardless of interest in sci-fi or time travel. Good story, great scenario design, neat art style, and a fun, diagetic way of making choices instead of the usual "click one of these boxes" choice format.

I'm almost finished with Swan Song, and I also think that makes for a good starting VN, as long as you're interested in the misery, violence, utsuge side of things. It's not a happy story, although I'm about to finish the true route so maybe it'll turn around and end on a lighter note.

Also, 999 is good, especially for mystery fans and people who want really high production value and/or some gameplay.
Sep 19, 2019 11:22 PM
Oct 2018
That's really good info. Maybe we could make a list of the shorter more beginner friendly VNs. The long ones can seem pretty daunting.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» How do you rate a show?

frauvamp - Sep 6, 2019

3 by Ibexfather »»
Sep 20, 2019 6:49 PM

» Upcoming Anime: Anything to recommend?

frauvamp - Sep 4, 2019

2 by frauvamp »»
Sep 19, 2019 11:35 PM

» What are you watching now?

frauvamp - Sep 18, 2019

1 by Ibexfather »»
Sep 19, 2019 10:25 AM

Sticky: » All time favorite shows!

frauvamp - Sep 2, 2019

1 by Ibexfather »»
Sep 19, 2019 9:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.