Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2014 9:23 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The land battleships were interesting, they look tough but their armor might as well be paper when Hell goes out in the field! Their powered armor designs look weird but at least it's different from the usual armored-space-marines-look.

The title is somewhat misleading or uhmm too simplistic, give us a better sounding title for our intelligence's sake! >_< Despite the little blood and gore here and there, (it's a war after all) the story is still kinda lacking. In spite of all that, I didn't mind it and just enjoyed myself. Overall, the greatest strength of this movie was the visuals department, the art, animation and character designs were all product of their era, and I think that was a good thing. 6/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 5, 2019 8:27 PM

Oct 2015
Although they blasted the hell ship, I still feel like they didn't explain enough the background of the 'Gods'.

Overall it was an average movie with average visuals and the story wasn't that good. Characters were boring AF, didn't captivate me enough to want to watch a sequel.

5/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 8, 2023 2:36 PM

Jan 2016
Great art direction here, this anime is really underrated. I liked a lot the first part the is more of neo-noir thriller, the second part it becomes some generic war action movie.

but the real question is: The first time he sees the ghost WAS HE MAKING OUT WITH A RANDOM DUDE IN THE HALLWAY!?!?

Aug 1, 2:31 PM

Aug 2012
Would love to see this get a HD transfer one day. Not a classic or anything but a small slice of what is quite an interesting sci fi story. Overall I liked it. 7/10

PxHC said:
but the real question is: The first time he sees the ghost WAS HE MAKING OUT WITH A RANDOM DUDE IN THE HALLWAY!?!?

Oh my God totally this lol
Aug 23, 10:28 AM

May 2007
That... was not bad. Yeah, the first and second half of the OVA felt like different movies and did not flow into each other that well, but otherwise, not that bad. The first half intrigue plot was better than the second half just being a fight.

Otherwise, only real complaint was that it felt like we were getting a slice in the middle of the story.

I was expecting something a lot less interesting, so, a bit of a pleasant surprise.

7/10
My anime list

More topics from this board

» Big Wars - Big Mistakes.

Sabinlerose - Jan 15, 2011

0 by Sabinlerose »»
Jan 15, 2011 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.