Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 17, 2019 8:54 PM
Jun 2015
Why is the score a measly 7.63 (as of 1/18/19) when the actually stats of what people gave this adds up to a far more believable 8.43? Thats seems to be a pretty big and unreasonable difference to me. Even When the movie came out I remember it's score on here hovering around like 4 and this was a time when the movie was primarily scored 8 and higher with mostly 10s and some 9s by users of this site.
Jan 22, 2019 8:01 PM

May 2016
"Actually stats?" What are you talking about.
The series has just 12,456 (as 01/22/19) members so is pretty obvious to think that with that low quantity the series score can not be coherent.

The previous scores are probably of people who didn't watch the movie but liked/hated the series. They see the movie or dropped so the score fell down.
I like to post in manga forum when I feel it is worth it, so people think. "Shit, is her again" or something.

People asked me where I read certain thing but the rules say no telling where did you read so maybe I am too boring for not saying? Or salty because you didn't check my profile that says don't ask because I hate people to ghost me after that. I love learning languages so maybe I did not read the manga in English.
Jan 22, 2019 9:30 PM
Jun 2015
LastLuminescence said:
"Actually stats?" What are you talking about.
The series has just 12,456 (as 01/22/19) members so is pretty obvious to think that with that low quantity the series score can not be coherent.

The previous scores are probably of people who didn't watch the movie but liked/hated the series. They see the movie or dropped so the score fell down.

What i meant is basically if you take an average based off the scores given under the stats page it is vastly different from the posted score.
Jan 22, 2019 9:34 PM

Mar 2018
If you go on the anime page, on the left next to the score you can see a little 1, if you place your cursor on said little 1 your question will be answered.
Have a nice day.
Jan 22, 2019 9:40 PM
Jun 2015
Oz1888 said:
If you go on the anime page, on the left next to the score you can see a little 1, if you place your cursor on said little 1 your question will be answered.
Have a nice day.

But here's the thing, If this had a huge amount of 1s or other 5 and below scores I could understand but it doesn't. It has primarily high praise in the scores given by users of this website and that is not reflected in the front page average score. For it to be off by this significant of a margin is strange.
Jan 22, 2019 9:44 PM

Mar 2018
JFitz33 said:
Oz1888 said:
Have a nice day.

But here's the thing, If this had a huge amount of 1s or other 5 and below scores I could understand but it doesn't. It has primarily high praise in the scores given by users of this website and that is not reflected in the front page average score. For it to be off by this significant of a margin is strange.

Ok you didn't understand what I said, it says "indicates a weighed score", since there is so few notes the "algorythm" temper with the score so it doesn't appear in the topXXX. As more people will rate it will become more accurate to the actual user ratings.
Jan 22, 2019 9:49 PM
Jun 2015
Oz1888 said:
JFitz33 said:

Ok you didn't understand what I said, it says "indicates a weighed score", since there is so few notes the "algorythm" temper with the score so it doesn't appear in the topXXX. As more people will rate it will become more accurate to the actual user ratings.

Cool, I see ya now. BTW nice Gintoki, I see your a man of taste.
Jan 29, 2019 12:00 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Don't look at member count for something like this. 99% of it are just people having it on PTW. Look at how many people have scored it instead, which at the time I'm writing this is a mere 134 people, and due to how MAL's scoring algorithm works, when the sample size is that low an anime will always have completely unreliable and irrelevant scores regardless of what the average might technically be according to the stats page. In general there's no point looking at the MAL score of an anime movie until its blurays have been released or it's had some major western theatrical screening at least

Though from what little I've seen, this movie has gotten pretty bad reviews by Love Live standards so it might not get all that high even after all that has been sorted out
Jan 29, 2019 4:44 PM

Mar 2012
HaXXspetten said:
Though from what little I've seen, this movie has gotten pretty bad reviews by Love Live standards so it might not get all that high even after all that has been sorted out
Well yeah, the one ANN review is fairly mediocre. But pretty much all my friends in Japan who've seen it are saying it's great.

Though the caveat is that the movie is more of a fun epilogue to give the girls one last goodbye than the ginormous culmination of everything the series built up to that The School Idol Movie was. Also I'm told that it doesn't do much for the girls who were mistreated in Season 2. So that's uhhh... yeah. Thanks Sunrise.

tl;dr: It's a great movie by most accounts but it's still best to keep expectations fairly low.

In a now removed listing on the official Love Live website, it was said that the movie will have its Australian premiere at a convention I'm going to in Mid March so that's when I'll get to see it assuming the listing was taken down for marketing purposes and not 'We can't get the movie out by that date' reasons. I'll probably see it again when it comes out in cinemas assuming the audience is as incredibly loud and annoying as they were for The School Idol movie.
SeibaaHomuJan 29, 2019 4:48 PM
Feb 21, 2019 9:47 AM

Jul 2008
SeibaaHomu said:
HaXXspetten said:
Well yeah, the one ANN review is fairly mediocre. But pretty much all my friends in Japan who've seen it are saying it's great.

Though the caveat is that the movie is more of a fun epilogue to give the girls one last goodbye than the ginormous culmination of everything the series built up to that The School Idol Movie was. Also I'm told that it doesn't do much for the girls who were mistreated in Season 2. So that's uhhh... yeah. Thanks Sunrise.

tl;dr: It's a great movie by most accounts but it's still best to keep expectations fairly low.

Yeah, this movie is definitely just about expectations. If you go in as a fan who just wants some good music/animation and to see the girls one last time, it is probably fantastic. But those wanting something deep will be disappointed.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! The School Idol Movie: Over the Rainbow Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vicexxv - Jan 4, 2019

52 by Buraot »»
Aug 10, 7:05 PM

» [Spoilers] Storyline and performance dont match?

TobyFreedom - Mar 9, 2019

2 by Ranka-Nyan »»
Jul 29, 2021 10:35 AM

» [Spoilers] Can someone explain to me the ending of the movie?

dadnaya - Jul 25, 2019

3 by Ranka-Nyan »»
Jul 29, 2021 9:19 AM

» When will I be able to watch?

ZipperNYAN - Dec 17, 2018

22 by MrBluebear »»
Jul 2, 2019 10:34 AM

Poll: » Best Song & Performance in LL Sunshine! Movie Over The Rainbow??

MrBluebear - Mar 30, 2019

0 by MrBluebear »»
Mar 30, 2019 12:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.