Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 14, 2017 9:01 AM

Jul 2014
Nostalgia trip, good to see the colorful cast again with the usual antics. Such a tease for season 2. Was rushed, could've been longer.

6/10.
Apr 14, 2017 1:11 PM

Nov 2014
That was rather disappointing. Sure, Trinity Seven characters are nice to watch on their own, but I'd prefer some filler than this.
May 22, 2017 9:42 PM

Feb 2014
Loved the first half.
I love the relationship between the girls and Arata.

8/10

One of the girls at the end of this movie appears at the end of the OVA.
In this movie, she and her friend say they want to meet the Demon Lord (Arata), I think that she appearing at the end of the OVA is she/they going to meet Arata.
TechOtakuMay 22, 2017 9:47 PM
Jun 1, 2017 5:48 PM

May 2015
I noticed that all of the grimoire human form so far are lolis and the head and a member of the Iscariot is also a loli (her body type) maybe she is another grimoire in human form…?!?! Talking about the grimoire(s) it is heartbreaking that we got to see Lilim go... I hope we see her again either in her grimoire-human mode or even better the real daughter of Arata & Lilith. Another thing even if Lieselotte was unsuccessful (she tried to do the same thing with her grimoire [have a child with MC]) I hope we get to see the human form of all of the other girls’ grimoire...
Jun 4, 2017 11:35 PM
Nov 2015
i have no regrets watching this movie, its too good and the romnce content just got better <3<3
Jul 28, 2017 12:26 PM

Aug 2014
Not bad, maybe a little better than anime, but still can't think of giving 8/10.
Not enough emotion, love, ecchi and comedy. Fighting scenes have nice spells/attacks but are all static if there is no Levi and other "samurai?". The art is a little better than anime, but I seen better compared to that this movie was made in 2017 :o
Overall very good, but it didn't make me want to badly read manga.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 4, 2017 11:20 PM
Feb 2015
Sure, it's not the strongest story....actually if I remember correctly. This is arc is out of place. The two characters seen at the end, their arc happened in the manga, but he didn't have his armor he has here. But I'll overlook things. With the lack of manga translations and the anime being over years ago. This was something I was happy for. Made me realize how great this anime/manga is. The opening 10/15 mins was the best.
Aug 17, 2017 10:39 AM

May 2015
Meh, this movie feel like it war rushed alot. Nothing special and kind of boring. 5/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 2, 2017 11:09 AM

Jul 2013
It was actually dreadful... Pure trash, in my opinion. Rushed, incoherent, and consisting of nothing but bullshit. :)
Sep 3, 2017 12:16 AM

Mar 2017
I'm getting Kirito - Yui - Asuna vibe from this movie, let alone Matsuoka voicing both Kirito and Arata.

Anyway, it was good.
Oct 3, 2017 12:37 PM

May 2015
"Leave being a demon lord to me..."

Oh, OK.

Also, Lilim is now canon.
Nov 2, 2017 10:41 AM

Oct 2012
Horrible movie, nothing like previous series or OVA... Everything there existed just for the sole purpose of showing fights, transformations or abilities' calling and the plot (if you can call it that) felt like something out of chuuni's mind.
Fanfiction level bad.

3/10 There was simply no worth in this movie. It was just random mess with really cliche and horrid writing.
Nov 16, 2017 11:03 PM

Oct 2014
Expected Levi to be undressed near the end. To fully inspect her loli body.

Disappointed.

That was fine movie. While the anime is not that amazing, I hope a season 2 will be made in the future. Story for me is trash, but the art, fan service, and animation are good. Enjoyable to watch.
Mar 23, 2018 12:35 PM

Dec 2015
I don't know what the hell happened, but the SFX in this movie were absolutely terrible. I had to tone down the volume multiple times because of how rough, unfitting, and loud they were. Anyway, other than that tbh I expected something better. It felt like things were resolved in a flash, and with only 55 minutes, I don't blame them.
joe_g7Mar 23, 2018 12:39 PM
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 29, 2018 6:18 PM

Jan 2017
Why is this anime greats for. Whenever I watch this I get so excited that I'm shaking (probably like a thirteen year old who's just found p*®π).
-forgive the language 😅😅
But yeah, the need for a second season is so high... Im probably going to need rewatch the first though, as well.

The worst thing is that I didn't even know this came out until it was suggested to me.
His harem just keeps increasing, god, it ain't ever gon' stop
Sep 14, 2018 6:21 AM

Jun 2011
Well, you can really tell it's a filler movie through and through. It's basically action flick with a one-time villain who has neither any depth or character. The action imo isn't that great, it was basically a one-shot after all the powering up.. the sappy cliche farewell scene probably lasted longer.

The downside of this is the script, it feels like the characters are saying a whole lots of nothing when they're talking. It's basically taking the quirks of the characters from the original series and put them on repeat in a filler. Writers these days cannot write great fillers. dang how I miss the One Piece G8 days

Still a decent watch if you like the series and characters, it's got that movie budget so that's a plus.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 23, 2018 12:15 PM

Apr 2013
Hm this felt pretty fillerish, especially with Lilim disappearing in the end and the generic demon lord antagonist. Still nice to see all the girls again especially with some nice fanservice. Liese is still best girl obviously :3
Dec 31, 2018 8:23 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Quite an underwhelming watch, to be frankly honest.

Squeezing all this content in just 55 odd minutes certainly didn’t work out right here. Or maybe just the Storyline itself was pretty dull as a whole. Even the recap during the first couple of minutes was really messy and all over the place. At least it was nice to see the whole crew back at it though and the Sound was glorious, I haven’t watched this show for nearly 3 years now and it was nice to see this movie in preparation for the 2nd Movie that is coming soon in the upcoming Season.

I hope Season 2 is announced already, for God’s sake. I enjoyed the first Season and would love to have more! Here’s to hoping there’ll be a Season 2 announcement at the end of the 2nd Movie and hopefully the 2nd Movie will be better than this too!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 2, 2020 8:02 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Not much expectation i get from this movie. The ecchi scenes here just plain and so average, no big new epic ecchi scene happen here. Hmph! The good thing appear in this movie was only the appearance of the 3 new girls. At least, its make my mood boost up for not getting this continuations of the T7 series a bad ratings. Unfortunately, i can't quite sure about the story progression toward the canon material, since i can't confirm any information. So i put all of the story and enjoyment to 7 point, art to 8 point, while music and sound got my 6 points. I kinda feel myself to completely bored toward the music background, so 6 must be enough. And with all of that mix, and due to my highly hope and respect for the entire T7 series, overall rating can reach my 8 absolute number.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 8, 2020 5:28 AM
Jun 2017
Lilim is so cute...hahaha...
May 23, 2020 2:48 PM

Feb 2020
I wonder how this anime makes their sounds.

Kyoto Animation rocks
Feb 21, 2021 6:21 PM

Jul 2020
So much for the bad reviews. I didn't go in expecting much, and as such, I really enjoyed it. Now, on to the 2nd one...
Oct 14, 2021 8:39 PM

Nov 2010
The threat was never really a threat. Enemies turned allies got nerfed. Still good overall. Quality waifus as usual. 7/10
Nov 5, 2021 9:26 AM

Nov 2015
Watched trinity seven many years ago when I was a newbie in anime. I absolutely fell in love with it and gave the first season a 10 / 10 because I didn't know anything else, but now having watched many masterpieces over the years, I wouldn't even rate this a 5/10.
So many flaws in this movie , but I won't even start listing them.
But I still like the trinity seven line up and the music - technoboys pulcraft greenfund - amazing group.
Having grown out of ecchi I can't comment on that.
That said though nostalgia tinted glasses on 6/10 :)
Mar 18, 8:54 PM
Apr 2013
So yeah. Trinity Seven movie.
Its really weird but uhm.
So recently I found out that this movie is "only" 60 mins long, so I thought why not I guess.
Would be funny if someone actually watched this out of order or something.

That being said. I honestly dont remember much of what happened in s1 aside from like shenanigans.
Not sure if all this footage is reused, but maybe the directors thought the viewers would have forgor too, this is an awfully long recap

So yeah. I actually watched the ova the other day but I dont think Ilia showed up at all? Uh.
So there's hijiri, the seven girls, selina, sora and ilia, and then there's still other girls too. oof.
4 min 30s of recap. Oof. Thats longer than some short anime. The movie is basically 50 mins.

I wonder if lilim will show up in the next movie

Anyway so yeah. That was 50 mins. or well, 45 mins.
4 mins of ed later and post credit scene
Honestly it didnt even feel like 45 mins, felt more like 30 or 35 mins. A bit of fanservice and a bit of dorama, but otherwise.
Having like ten+ girls in less than an hour was always gonna be a weird thing.
That said I kinda feel like rewatching S1. At the same time the movie felt kinda short soo. Though they did like a 4 min recap, is the second movie also gonna have a 4 min recap?
The post ed scene also has two MORE girls just for that matter, and just when I thought they couldnt introduce any more characters

TLDR: So. Basically. This whole movie felt like, basically a different version of the ova. I kinda wish we just had like, maybe a bit more fanservice.
I think the thing is that fundamentally there's just too many girls. At least we got to see them again. Also lilim is cute.

EDIT: Oh ok. Reading the comments it seems this movie is anime original, which is why lilim had to disappear, I did vaguely feel like it since it felt overly like a long self contained ova. Where other anime also do this, they introduce a new character in an anime original ova/movie and then the character disappears.
I wonder if they can retcon in lilim in the next movie or if they'll just pretend she didnt exist

EDIT 2: From what I heard they sorta like added this back into the manga, that or they adapted it out of order. I'm confused really.

Anyway. So yeah I already knew beforehand but lilim's voice is so distinctive it doesnt matter, its hidaka rina. Though she does sound a leetle different than usual.
Ilia is akasaki chinatsu, though its weird. Her voice is really distinctive, but she also sounds a bit different. Also I havent heard her in awhile, so I was wondering if I just mixed things up.
It is a bit weird with hijiri running around. The two girls in the post ed scene uh...not much to say
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Is this even in the Manga?

Delgear - Sep 22, 2022

7 by Delgear »»
Sep 23, 2022 12:58 AM

» Season 2 anyone?

Robiiii - Mar 10, 2017

22 by ShouldBeYou »»
May 22, 2018 12:36 PM

» My Guilty Pleassure Anime

Ceyana - Jul 9, 2016

46 by LoliG0D »»
Mar 6, 2017 6:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.