Forum Settings
Forums
Durarara!! SH (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 24, 2015 8:34 PM

Jul 2012
i've read some of the first novels but i probably won't read them all until i can buy them in english!! have we found out what's up with izaya after the first series end yet?
Mar 17, 2015 11:30 PM

Apr 2014
hauntdead said:
i've read some of the first novels but i probably won't read them all until i can buy them in english!! have we found out what's up with izaya after the first series end yet?

Nope. No word on him, yet, sadly. :/
"I have to work harder than anyone else to make it! I'll never catch up otherwise...! I want to be like you...! Like you. The strongest hero.""
Mar 28, 2015 10:28 PM

Apr 2011
Volume 1(14) was already completely translated.
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Apr 12, 2015 2:14 AM

Apr 2015
the volume 3 pro-prologue is about izaya:

http://anni-fiesta.livejournal.com/64081.html#comments

hope he comes back soon but this may be a major indication?
Jun 23, 2015 9:27 AM

Apr 2011
What's with x3, it's this series right? i mean /manga/69073/Durarara!!_SH 's volume 3 right ??? Where's the first 2 volumes.
GanbatJun 24, 2015 10:55 PM
Jul 11, 2015 1:50 PM

Apr 2015
spoiler containing izaya orihara status
Jul 22, 2015 12:02 AM

Apr 2011
POP blogspot said gonna translate this project while translating SH
Oct 28, 2015 9:35 AM
Aug 2014
This person is translating the "sunset with Izaya" novel: http://lemoninagin.tumblr.com/tagged/izayanovelproject
Jan 21, 2016 3:35 PM
Jul 2018
removed-userJan 21, 2016 3:40 PM
Feb 24, 2016 2:09 PM
Feb 2016
will that 'a sunset for orihara izaya' or whatever its called be its own anime, or just manga????
an answer would be awesome, im curious and really would like to know and i cant find the answer anywhere. has it even been released? and could someone explain 'durarara!! relay' and 'durarara!! sh' to me?? i cant find anything to answer my questions anywhere.
Feb 24, 2016 4:47 PM
Jul 2018
orihara1 said:
will that 'a sunset for orihara izaya' or whatever its called be its own anime, or just manga????
an answer would be awesome, im curious and really would like to know and i cant find the answer anywhere. has it even been released? and could someone explain 'durarara!! relay' and 'durarara!! sh' to me?? i cant find anything to answer my questions anywhere.

Sunset is Izaya's novel explaining some more about his past. It's a light novel. It was released awhile ago, like months and months ago. Obviously it has not been translated to eng in full yet.

SH is the sequel novel, it mostly fixates on new characters. SH has been serializing since a bit after the old novel ended. some tumblrinas translating it, but my disinterest has detracted me from touching it with a ten foot pole.

There have been no announcements as to whether SH or sunset will get their own series or movie(s) not that i care much mehhh

Relay is a game based off the DRRR series, I believe.
Jul 25, 2016 6:55 AM
Jul 2016
clandestine said:

I Think Narita made the right choice in not killing Izaya off.
First of All, Izaya is one, if not, the most popular character in this series. And we all know what happens if your favorite charater dies.

I like what happened to him. He deserved to see that his plans are not unbeatable. And his handcap and the subsequent trauma is good to serve as a punishment. I think he will take a long way to return if he does.

Anyway, I agree with you about Niekawa. Haha'
Jul 25, 2016 10:23 AM
Jul 2018
Vinci_Faisal said:
clandestine said:

I Think Narita made the right choice in not killing Izaya off.
First of All, Izaya is one, if not, the most popular character in this series. And we all know what happens if your favorite charater dies.

I like what happened to him. He deserved to see that his plans are not unbeatable. And his handcap and the subsequent trauma is good to serve as a punishment. I think he will take a long way to return if he does.

Anyway, I agree with you about Niekawa. Haha'

I think it would've been a better plottwist. Actually, I really dislike Izaya, despite him being one of the most favored characters by fans. I think he's uninteresting and there were better chances for villainy if he'd been replaced. And I dislike SH immensely to boot. SH brings the most droll characters back from the original, and the reboot characters are carbon copies or mixture copies of one or two characters that were already in the original. It's saddening.

I don't think something that isn't death, especially when it's not even followed by any moral event horizon or consequence that I at least see as being fitting, is fair. He deserved to have his final act in the series long ago, I still stand by the thought that he overstayed his welcome.

Narita is a damn panderer either way.
I was really depressed by how bland and unsolved the outcome of the story was overall. Not enough focus on the more minor characters whatsoever considering it was supposed to be an "ensemble" cast.
Nov 21, 2016 10:04 PM

Dec 2009
I personally don't really care about Izaya but more of the story and the whole cast
... which volume is SH at and progress and news from Durarara does SH have now?
Do we know or it's still progressing in mystery or not at all? ... What the hell is the plot point(s) of SH anyway?
Dec 30, 2018 2:11 AM

Nov 2017
- So, why did this novel go hiatus? did this guy just lost his interest to write or something?
Now Loading.....
Jul 8, 2019 6:08 AM

Jun 2009
bondtux said:
- So, why did this novel go hiatus? did this guy just lost his interest to write or something?

Possibly. It doesn't seem like SH has been well received, as far as I know.
Jul 7, 2020 5:53 AM

Jan 2017
So SH novels are really on hiatus, huh? And here I was hoping that by the time I finally finish reading Durarara!! novels, the SH novels are gonna be in the process of translations :')
Hey but they could've translated Orihara Izaya novels at least. I bet many fangirls (*cough* just like me *cough*) would buy it... Well then, at least they're translated online. But I wish the story would get a proper closure. I just don't like when a good series end up being on hiatus...
"Anime is trash and so am I."

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

More topics from this board

» Should I read these after the end of the anime?

WitchJacqueline - Feb 11, 2016

13 by Epi_Start_er »»
Sep 17, 2023 1:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.