Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 7, 2017 1:51 PM

Oct 2015
On this series I loved how Maria owned being what he is and that is being a trap. Maria for me is the best trap so far because he owned that look and the personality that came with, for that I will watch S2. This season was fun to watch even this episode, especially when those two brainwashed her to love loincloths (which she hated). My other favorite was the Dorm Mistress "God" or "Boss" and her dog they always make my episode great.

I am glad Kanako's nose bleeds came back thanks to Shizu and we also saw Father Kanae's return which was hilarious by the way.
Loved it Loved it so much! that it is 8/10.

How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 1, 2018 4:45 AM

Sep 2013
Very glad this thing is over

4/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 21, 2018 2:54 PM

Apr 2015
This series has a few really good and hilarious moments, but reuses the same gags, has this annoying "lol no homo" element, and lacks any sort of resolution or real progression (for this season at least).

6/10
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Aug 26, 2021 4:30 PM
Jul 2019
Good brother, an extremely good series, but at the same time dubious, he still didn't explain the problem to Kanako and the boys and why he keeps getting sores. But I guess they'll tell us in season two of the series, and I don't understand why she always bleeds when she's horny. 😂😂 But even all her chances to go to the pool or go on the water on Saturday and this priest brother thinks too much and is seen to love history. 😂💥
Sep 25, 2022 12:59 PM
Jun 2019
I don't know what to say beside "HOT!HOT!HOT!" XD
Looking forward to watch the next season!^з^
Sep 13, 2023 3:03 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2012:

Jul 30, 5:05 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I kiiiinda enjoyed this series mainly because they make it clear that Kanako doesn't have the best behavior. She is more or less always acting like a typical male perverted main character would act, and in exchange she mostly gets nothing. She might get a few nice moments here and there, but she doesn't actually ever get what she wants. Mariya's behavior doesn't exactly get excused either, yet having to deal with Mariya is still something of Kanako's punishment for her weird behavior. And I want to emphasize the punishment isn't exactly because Kanako is a lesbian, but it's because of her poor intentions. She has creepy old man energy and those who know make it pretty clear that it's weird-- just as it'd be in real life. You can be normal about liking girls without fantasizing about them in swimsuits and such. In the end, Mariya ends up being a force who simply keeps Kanako in check.

However, at the same time I have mixed feelings about this because Kanako is the only real lesbian here... and she's kinda awful. Yet at the same time, I can't help but laugh a little that she actually is the only lesbian because the whole parody is that in other anime it's as if ALL the girls are lesbians, so it helps break Kanako's idea that an all girls school will be a whole breeding ground for lesbian relationships. I see what the anime wants to do, and it's clever, but there is a bit of uncertainty on whether the creator is actually okay with lesbians or not. I see the original author isn't really a yuri artist or anything and has maybe two kind yuri-illustrations on their pixiv-- one actually tagged with yuri. I'd hope that anyone drawing yuri for funsies isn't against lesbians, but who knows these days? Still, I'll give the benefit of the doubt and just hope and assume that they meant no harm with showing the one lesbian as some weird pervert.

I watched a lot of the yuri anime that Maria Holic parodies before I really dove into this, and I really have to say that those anime helped me appreciate Maria Holic so much more. Not only the jokes, but sometimes the tone was even parodied in a way that's a bit difficult to explain. Definitely someone I'm glad I was able to grasp prior to watching this.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 20, 11:33 AM
Nov 2022
Not going to lie, I found this animé quite difficult to watch. It just made me feel sorry Miyamae everytime she got screwed over, and I fail to see the humour in Maria's non-stop bullying. It ended on a cliffhanger too, which I can only assume the manga continued or if there is a second season I'm unaware of.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maria†Holic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadIEnd - Dec 26, 2008

250 by Delphantasist »»
Aug 13, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Maria†Holic Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sniW - Jan 25, 2009

94 by Daviljoe193 »»
Jun 6, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Maria†Holic Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

sniW - Jan 18, 2009

104 by Daviljoe193 »»
Jun 6, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Maria†Holic Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Mar 16, 2009

82 by Karva1 »»
Apr 6, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Maria†Holic Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WTFwasThat - Mar 8, 2009

71 by Karva1 »»
Apr 5, 10:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.