Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2010 6:20 PM

Nov 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OMG her own sister killed her!!! and jus when u thought she was a good person... she SOOOOOOooooooo deserved to die!!! poor Iyako!!! lol thank goodness every1 had escape pods XD i thought Misakii died XP this epi was so sad... i almost cried when Iyako died. . .*sob*
May 30, 2011 8:53 PM

Nov 2008
Welp.

I won't call this a great anime, but I think Yuna Returns was a lot better than the first OVA. I gave the first OVA a 3, and I think I'll give this one a 6.

Largely because of the scene when her core got punched out. I mean, you knew the sister (never caught her name) was lying, but I didn't know it was going to be that sudden and that violent.
May 17, 2015 8:35 PM

Oct 2013
;__________;
nanofate fan
konata x kagami fan
Sep 26, 2015 11:11 AM

Jul 2014
Yup, definitely a better OVA than the first one. Mostly due to this episode.
I knew that Genmu was up to something, but didn't expect her to kill Ayako :O
And that final battle was really well made.

When Yuri was comforting Ayako, she said that at first Yuna was fighting against everone. Man, I would love to see that part of the story animated.
Apr 5, 2016 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
I agree this ova was much better than the last, mostly due to better directing and just plain more interesting stuff happening than hunting down a dog, etc. I liked in a way how they kept Ayako dead to not cheapen the death, but in a way nothing was gained story-wise from the death so I don't think bringing her back would've been that big of a negative. To be honest, when Ayako died, it would've been more interesting to see Yuna stil try to stick to her roots instead of getting engulfed in revenge. If she managed to still befriend the sister, but more forcefully, it would've meant more than a quick revenge-kill - Ayako probably would've like dthat more anyways since she risked her own life to turn her sister over. I think there should've been more pondering in Yuna over the revenge, maybe Ayako's sister using this new sensation Yuna has to try and teach her how she's been stuck in a "bright bubble" all her life.

Overall decent OVA, liked the music and pretty good animation. Ending wasn't very satisfying though, just dramatic with no payoff. The only real message I could get from that ending si that maybe you just shouldn't always bother making friends since it could make you sad - which is a lame message
Oct 10, 2018 6:22 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Wasn't expecting a very sad ending as I was really distraught with Genmu killing her own little sister Ayako. And it was very violent and brutal too.. Ugh dammit why?! :/

I do like the designs of the female characters in this series and I would have loved to see more of these. I also think this was much better than the first 2-episode OVA. But the ending of this episode though... Sure, the girls sang together to cheer up Yuna, but, I don't know how to feel about it. :s

More topics from this board

Poll: » Galaxy Fraulein Yuna Returns Episode 1 Discussion

Mizore951 - May 2, 2010

2 by Seabury »»
May 21, 2016 6:54 PM

Poll: » Galaxy Fraulein Yuna Returns Episode 2 Discussion

Mizore951 - May 2, 2010

1 by mozgow »»
Sep 26, 2015 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.