Forum Settings
Forums
Real Girl
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 8, 2018 6:29 PM

Nov 2015
Haven't felt post-manga/anime depression in a long while now but this one hit me pretty hard. I was enjoying it a lot but even though that ending was supposed to be happy..
it just feels way too rushed. And I think what bothers me the most is
and

Surely I'm not the only one unsatisfied with this 'happy' ending?

-Kind of spoils another production too-
Apr 10, 2018 5:42 AM
Sep 2009
Because the anime started, I also went and read the whole manga.

I totally agree, now I'm fucking depressed and deathly afraid of love in general. If I were Tsutsui and I really fell that hard for her,
, I would have suicided already. How did he even manage to do so well?!

I really enjoyed it at the start because MC is a dark, negative otaku, which kind of is pretty much me (just that I'm less extreme than Tsutsui), but that's what multiplied the shock for me at the end.

Fuck love. Never going to let myself love anyone.

The more happiness you gain, the more you stand to lose. It's like gambling with ever increasing stakes on a single bet - you can never be sure that you won't lose that bet, but if that moment really comes.... then you really lose it all.
KamishiroTaishiApr 10, 2018 5:52 AM
Apr 10, 2018 6:14 AM
Jul 2018
iLolicon said:
Haven't felt post-manga/anime depression in a long while now but this one hit me pretty hard. I was enjoying it a lot but even though that ending was supposed to be happy..
and

I admit the ending was rushed, but I am happy that they are married in the end anyway. I'm not depressed at all. In fact, I quite liked the ending. The whole time-skip adds a better sense of reality.

The only thing I am annoyed about is Itou and Ayado... I didn't mind them being separated, but they didn't even tell us why they were separated. I mean, she even got married and divorced after seven years! Even a little bit of explanation would have helped. Well, from the looks of it Itou and Ayade will stay together so I'm not that bothered.

Also @iLolicon. If you liked this in general, give Hibi Chouchou a go. Quite similar to this.
Apr 10, 2018 6:51 AM

Nov 2015
changelog_ said:
I admit the ending was rushed, but I am happy that they are married in the end anyway. I'm not depressed at all. In fact, I quite liked the ending. The whole time-skip adds a better sense of reality.

The only thing I am annoyed about is Itou and Ayado... I didn't mind them being separated, but they didn't even tell us why they were separated. I mean, she even got married and divorced after seven years! Even a little bit of explanation would have helped. Well, from the looks of it Itou and Ayade will stay together so I'm not that bothered.

Also @iLolicon. If you liked this in general, give Hibi Chouchou a go. Quite similar to this.

I think I never really got attached enough to Itou and Ayado for their situation to end up affecting me too much. They both seemed pretty happy at the wedding too. Still I can't help but be a bit depressed over the main pair.

Thanks for the recommendation, can you tell me if the ending any better in Hibi Chouchou though?
Apr 10, 2018 7:44 AM
Jul 2018
iLolicon said:
changelog_ said:

I think I never really got attached enough to Itou and Ayado for their situation to end up affecting me too much. They both seemed pretty happy at the wedding too. Still I can't help but be a bit depressed over the main pair.

Thanks for the recommendation, can you tell me if the ending any better in Hibi Chouchou though?

I’m not sure since I’m still reading it, but from the reviews it looks like a pretty good ending.
Apr 10, 2018 8:10 AM

Nov 2015
changelog_ said:
I’m not sure since I’m still reading it, but from the reviews it looks like a pretty good ending.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks then. Looks pretty decent so I'll try it out
Apr 10, 2018 3:33 PM

Dec 2011
iLolicon said:
and

Apr 11, 2018 2:36 AM

Nov 2015
KeyZero said:

Presumably - I'll specify the ending below
Apr 11, 2018 2:40 AM

Dec 2011
iLolicon said:
KeyZero said:

Presumably - I'll specify the ending below

And this is a happy ending? More like a forced """""Happy""""" Ending.

Thanks for the info btw.
Apr 11, 2018 2:43 AM

Nov 2015
KeyZero said:

Thanks for the info btw.

Well..

No worries! Still recommenced giving it a read as it was really good until then.. Hopefully the anime release will modify it so that it ends on a better note.
Apr 11, 2018 2:47 AM

Dec 2011
iLolicon said:
KeyZero said:

Thanks for the info btw.

Well..

No worries! Still recommenced giving it a read as it was really good until then.. Hopefully the anime release will modify it so that it ends on a better note.

Yeah i hope so too.
Apr 11, 2018 4:32 AM

Oct 2014
iLolicon said:
and

I knew not to trust this show/ manga fucking every romance has some bullshit.
GezboApr 11, 2018 4:43 AM
Apr 11, 2018 4:42 AM

Oct 2014
Apr 11, 2018 4:53 AM

Nov 2015
Gezbo said:
I don't think it's the worst possible thing that can be used for a plot. It can be a pretty good device depending on the production. In this case though it definitely did feel unnecessary and lazy. Starting to wonder if she was actually rushed or just didn't really know how to write a proper ending and resorted to this..
Apr 11, 2018 5:10 AM

Oct 2014
iLolicon said:
Gezbo said:
I don't think it's the worst possible thing that can be used for a plot. It can be a pretty good device depending on the production. In this case though it definitely did feel unnecessary and lazy. Starting to wonder if she was actually rushed or just didn't really know how to write a proper ending and resorted to this..

I don't even wanna subject myself to reading the manga so I'll take your word for that. I personally don't think I've ever seen it used in a series and it not go to shit. I don't know, I'm cynical, I prefer happy romance like Gosick or Toradora. If you're gonna rip my heart out, don't try and bandaid it back in. Either put it back properly or don't try at all.
Apr 11, 2018 7:26 PM
Apr 2011
About the 7 years in the US.

I'll forever be mad about
Apr 11, 2018 8:10 PM

Jul 2017
~~
Apr 13, 2018 12:40 AM
Feb 2014
JaVzD said:
Best friend? Are you talking about Ayado or Igarashi?
Apr 13, 2018 12:47 AM
Feb 2014
I hope this manga gets some extra chapters tbh for
because we deserve an explanation, also about the
Apr 13, 2018 4:44 AM

Jul 2017
tachibana_mei said:
JaVzD said:

~~
Apr 21, 2018 3:51 AM

Dec 2016
JaVzD said:
tachibana_mei said:

readherApr 21, 2018 4:12 AM
Apr 21, 2018 5:56 AM

Apr 2016
Anime watcher here ...

Wait a flipping second here with those spoilers, like i know that

Guess im done ...
SwagernatorApr 21, 2018 6:00 AM
Apr 21, 2018 6:24 AM

Nov 2015
readher said:
JaVzD said:

Apr 21, 2018 6:42 AM

Dec 2016
iLolicon said:
readher said:

Apr 21, 2018 7:13 AM

Nov 2015
readher said:

Apr 25, 2018 10:26 PM

Apr 2016
iLolicon said:
readher said:

Apr 26, 2018 1:42 AM

Jan 2018
I just felt that the ending was just confusing?

She leaves to America following the surgery, and then comes back 7 years later to see matching bands. I feel that the author is trying too hard to push her to be with the MC even though she doesn't know majority of her memories.

Also I didn't like how the MC became a potato after she left, that was really depressing. He even made improvements and had real friends when she was there. Sad that he kinda just died.

「 what comes after the rain? 」
add meanime listmanga list

Apr 26, 2018 2:49 AM

Nov 2015
The ending turned this from a pretty good manga to a alright one. First of all it was rushed which is one thing but the use of amnesia is just lazy writing, kinda disappointing to be honest. I mean i found this randomly a couple of weeks ago and i didn't even know that the anime was a thing until i finished reading it and i was enjoying it until the end, oh well.
May 3, 2018 7:30 AM
Sep 2016
I think I'm late to the party but I legit just finished a few hours ago and was crying so bad.

I'd love to talk to someone about this manga because I feel like that way I'll have a better understanding of it
May 5, 2018 4:53 AM
Dec 2015
i just want to know what happen with ayano and itou, why ayano is not married itou in the first? what happening in the 7 years life of all the side character, that's make wondering...
May 9, 2018 7:47 AM
Mar 2017
JaVzD said:
did she goes to bed with best friend ? or she end up with tsun and lose her virginity with him or the authour never told nothing bout it?
May 9, 2018 10:29 AM

Oct 2015
Should i still watch this should i drop the manga and the anime all together i'm confused >.< Please No NTR... when it's not hentai its just fked up and stupid... andd not that memory loss bullshit... didn't like it in golden time would probably not like it here either
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2021 12:14 PM
Jan 2017
Kaneki_God said:
JaVzD said:
did she goes to bed with best friend ? or she end up with tsun and lose her virginity with him or the authour never told nothing bout it?

They already banged even before Iroha went abroad for surgery.

Anyways, Itou had a lot of game at school, much superior in handling women than any of the male characters in the story, and yet we are just made to believe he somehow just fell off with 4 eyes.

The 1st meeting of MC and FMC after the surgery was fucking tense af, I thought he'd cockblock himself and push her away again after 7 years that I was prepared to rip his ass to shreds.

I wish Iroha had more layers in her character and not just a pretty face, they really had a bland chemistry with the MC that at some point 4 eyes and Itou had more interesting parts at some point.

If it wasn't for the encore chapter, I would've rated it a 5 but that last chapter at least cemented their relationship together so 8.5/10.

Tsutsun really wasted a lot of time with his gf, god damn if he only knew how to treat her right Iroha would've been a more happier woman.

Ideally the best girl is Iroha but Arisa mended did the most for her friends.
Jun 28, 2023 8:14 AM
Apr 2022
I liked this anime (and manga), it was pretty good tbh, although I think the anime (and even manga) ending could have been better.

I think some people had some misconceptions.

I think the ending could have been better.

Still, it was a good anime/manga and it could have had a much worse ending and I've definitely seen worse.
IWatchAnime1337Jun 28, 2023 4:35 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Real Girl Chapter 48 Discussion

Shikkakku - Jun 7

0 by Shikkakku »»
Jun 7, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Real Girl Chapter 47 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2017

24 by Shikkakku »»
Jun 7, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Real Girl Chapter 46 Discussion

Shikkakku - Jun 7

0 by Shikkakku »»
Jun 7, 8:00 PM

Poll: » Real Girl Chapter 38 Discussion

Shikkakku - Jun 7

0 by Shikkakku »»
Jun 7, 1:12 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo Chapter 31 Discussion

testamentKAISER - May 14, 2015

1 by Shikkakku »»
May 25, 3:12 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.