Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 14, 2018 7:56 AM

Aug 2012
this ep gave madoka vibes, especially that half transformed alice.

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Mar 14, 2018 8:29 AM
Jun 2017
Well its a backstory of Alice again. Its shown on episode 6 and a detail version on episode 7. Then after which a very few minutes of action scenes and then ascencion to next floor...

*meh!!! I am a fate series fan and i am not really apprecaited it so much. I hope i dont need to play the game to fully appreciate the flow of story. Its like for me its just more of drama and very less action. Wahahaha
Mar 14, 2018 8:41 AM
Sep 2013
Revvie-chan said:
I came for the Emperor
I saw the Emperor
I c*m of the Emperor

Nice

gaRdenia6943 said:
Can anybody explain me where the hell Amari gone? She has died of giving up or being killed by Alice? I'm confused right now...

We don't know yet since we didn't see her corpse but I think she ascended somehow and fought Rin since Rin was a floor master back then and this why Rin has this install instead of regular dog (all speculation of course).
Mar 14, 2018 9:00 AM

Jul 2012
Am i the only one who didn't understand anything and now should assume that prior knowledge is needed to somewhat understand what's happening?! What's going on, what are they talking about, felt like i missed so much stuff somewhere, it was so confusing. And i think this episode could've been easily counted as a new episode for Madoka.
allenjkeMar 14, 2018 9:04 AM
Mar 14, 2018 9:19 AM

Mar 2010
the 7 episode & still fighting to make sense of it all, this was a sad history that managed to connect to it only at a shallow level.
I'm really patient but it still looks like crap in every parameter, I will give it -2/10 for now
LF2005Mar 16, 2018 9:59 AM
Mar 14, 2018 11:33 AM

Feb 2016
I really didn't get this en the previous episode...

Mar 14, 2018 11:58 AM

Mar 2012
GeistActivist said:
SparkleDuck said:

Amari doesn't even get a servant in the game. What are you talking about? I think you mistook her for Rani or Monji Gatou (somehow)
Is this gaslighting? Amari is a shaft OC. She wasn't in the games at all.

Who were you saying was gaslighting? I was saying she wasn't in the games lol
Mar 14, 2018 12:16 PM

Jan 2016
SparkleDuck said:
GeistActivist said:
Is this gaslighting? Amari is a shaft OC. She wasn't in the games at all.

Who were you saying was gaslighting? I was saying she wasn't in the games lol

Sorry, thought you were implying she was in the game as an NPC as opposed to a master. There's a ton of disinfo on Amari already, which I think is kind of amusing considering the tone of the last two episodes. I'm guessing she probably has something to do with Tamamo (maybe it's just Shapeshift, and everything's been a lie) considering her design and some elements of her backstory, but that's just speculation on my part. Still have no idea what they're going to do with Lancer/Berserker, though, and they may even throw in a twist with Assassin.
Mar 14, 2018 1:44 PM

Aug 2014
LeSponge said:
meh!!! I am a fate series fan and i am not really apprecaited it so much. [...] Its like for me its just more of drama and very less action.

If you truly are "a fate series fan" you should know that Fate is never mainly about action but about characters and events. Unless by "a fate series fan" you mean "an ufotable fan", because that's kinda different.

Also, you're saying it like if drama was something bad and only action is needed in Fate. It's like saying that flashy fights with no substance are better than an actual plot with characters. Again, not what Fate is about, and a fan should know it
Mar 14, 2018 1:56 PM

Nov 2015
and here PMMM world like rip off ends, easily best arc, honestly it was so fun, expect our mcs when they were making it boring, but that last scene fight was truly awesome, hit me so hard> music starts fit way too well.

Too good arc for its show, I bet next week ep i'll feel like to stop watching anytime I begin it.
Mar 14, 2018 2:30 PM

Feb 2014
I think that was was the best arc we've had so far. Alice, along with the third layer, was more interesting than the previous two and it was also pretty depressing too about Alice being dead and the sing-a-long song while the previous masters got all butchered.

The action at the end was neat, although Rin being able to use Gae Bolg was a surprise. Nice outfit change as well, but her earlier small crop tank top, small denims and poking black undies underneath was pretty sexy. =3
Mar 14, 2018 3:07 PM
Sep 2013
aliinetje said:

What you don't get ?
Mar 14, 2018 3:14 PM

Jan 2016
Dark.............. I like it

Alice was done justice in the adaptation at least. Rin using Gae Bolg alone was worth the watch
Mar 14, 2018 3:30 PM

Feb 2016
SpeedC said:
aliinetje said:

What you don't get ?

A lot :p probably because i didn't lay the game

Mar 14, 2018 3:37 PM
Sep 2013
aliinetje said:
SpeedC said:

What you don't get ?

A lot :p probably because i didn't lay the game

They changed a lot of stuff from the game so even playing the game there's a lot of stuff I don't know but you should be able to understand everything from Alice floor.
Mar 14, 2018 3:55 PM

Sep 2016
This is very confusing. How many time loops has Hakuno actually been through, throughout the whole story? Is he actually
? How many times has Hakuno fought Nursery Ibuki Fuuko Alter in the current instance of the HGW thanks to her rewind NP? When did Rin learn how to install Lancer?
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Mar 14, 2018 4:07 PM

Sep 2016
Check out reddit for answers

Got them here :

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/8461cy/spoilers_fateextra_last_encore_episode_07/dvnl4ol/
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Mar 14, 2018 4:08 PM

Sep 2016
This episode in a nutshell : Shaftism turn up too 200% Mindfuckery plus Madoka everywhere , Shinboism, Shaft Shaft Shaft Shaft, Rin fanservice shots plus Red Saber kawaii UMU with butt shots.

10/10
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Mar 14, 2018 4:44 PM

Mar 2017
Oh god, this episode really is something, huh
Rin is a Cu Demi-Servant now. I wonder what happened to Cu or Lu...
Mar 14, 2018 5:04 PM
Sep 2013
nerdokingoftrash said:
This is very confusing. How many time loops has Hakuno actually been through, throughout the whole story? Is he actually
? How many times has Hakuno fought Nursery Ibuki Fuuko Alter in the current instance of the HGW thanks to her rewind NP? When did Rin learn how to install Lancer?

I think Hakuno died just one time actually (with Suzuka Gozen) and those other death flashback is him seeing himself as other master, since he has deadface now I don't doubt he has the memory of the other masters, it could be a loop but i'm finding it less likely now.
Mar 14, 2018 6:47 PM

Jun 2013
Im surprised Alice didnt die like in the game

so i guess only the dark alice died while the normal alice stil llives

but what is wrong with Tohsaka. did she died or what? that was so LUL

Mar 14, 2018 7:43 PM

Nov 2014
TakunDes said:

but what is wrong with Tohsaka. did she died or what? that was so LUL

Hakuno used the CS to increase Nero's speed, who quickly killed the Monster and restarted the loop.
Every time it was killed the loop would restart. All the damage taken was erased
To finally end it Rin used Gae Bolg to kill it for sure. Reversing cause and effect and stuffs.
IrrelativeMar 14, 2018 7:47 PM
Mar 14, 2018 11:20 PM

Oct 2017
SpeedC said:

gaRdenia6943 said:
Can anybody explain me where the hell Amari gone? She has died of giving up or being killed by Alice? I'm confused right now...

We don't know yet since we didn't see her corpse but I think she ascended somehow and fought Rin since Rin was a floor master back then and this why Rin has this install instead of regular dog (all speculation of course).

Rin was a floor master? She said that? Can you tell me which part of the ep so i can rewatch that part plz? I think i missed that part...
Mar 15, 2018 12:32 AM

Feb 2018
gaRdenia6943 said:
SpeedC said:

Rin was a floor master? She said that? Can you tell me which part of the ep so i can rewatch that part plz? I think i missed that part...

It wasn't. They never said Rin was a Floor Master.
Mar 15, 2018 1:58 AM
Mar 2016
Well that;s for Alice.

Btw, can we say that Rin could be Lancer herself since she did don Lancer's outfit including her spear?
Mar 15, 2018 2:47 AM

Jul 2014
Not like it makes sense how it happened or how it works, but at least Rin being both Master and Servant explains her previous actions and how she knows as much as she does. That aside, this was still to this show's usual level of confusing incoherence, with some even stronger Madoka vibes than last week to boot.

Granted, I have way too many questions to ask at this point, but I suppose the simple one is how Alice ever got into the Holy Grail War to begin with if she was already like what we saw her Servant show Hakuno: I know that this is a bizarre HGW, even by those standards, but that still makes no sense to me.
Mar 15, 2018 4:11 AM

Feb 2018
Atavistic said:
how Alice ever got into the Holy Grail War to begin with if she was already like what we saw her Servant show Hakuno

They answered that before Alice even appeared. She's a ghost. She's dead. What her Servant showed Hakuno was her body, as she died. Her ghost is now roaming around in Moon Cell.
Mar 15, 2018 5:13 AM
Apr 2015
It's pretty clear by this point that this show it's focus lies on telling drama while tossing down the rest as unimportant.
They know that killing the monster would just reset the world yet in the final confrontation despite saying that they would end it here, don't bother coming with any actual plans and just try to do the same thing only untill Rin uses her secret plot power up that prevents the monster from resetting the world (let us totally discard the possibity that the monster even still has a heart to begin with since that worked "totally fine" in Fate prisma)? (I guess that means Lancer could have ended the groundhog loop in HA as well lol...)
And i love how dull Saber and Hakuno's reaction is to it, not bothering to ask at the end...
Mar 15, 2018 6:24 AM

Jul 2014
Hate_and_Rage said:
Atavistic said:
how Alice ever got into the Holy Grail War to begin with if she was already like what we saw her Servant show Hakuno

They answered that before Alice even appeared. She's a ghost. She's dead. What her Servant showed Hakuno was her body, as she died. Her ghost is now roaming around in Moon Cell.

That doesn't answer how she became a Master to begin with to have a Servant and be in the War at all, as surely someone who is a ghost from the start shouldn't be able to be in the War.
Mar 15, 2018 9:22 AM

Jul 2016
The surreal fantasy really got the same madoka witch world vibe. And Alice looks like a transform witch. Madoka special episode?

Finally Hakuno remembers slightly his past. The "reboot" term rung a bell on him.

Kaleid Liner Rin Prisma...Install Lancer! Damn where's Cu?!

If the floor masters continued like what's originally on the game,
Mar 15, 2018 10:17 AM

May 2015
My UMU counter said that there were only 3 UMU's this episode. It was way below the ratio.

Also this anime is still one big chaos.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 15, 2018 10:22 AM

Apr 2015
frenze12 said:
It's pretty clear by this point that this show it's focus lies on telling drama while tossing down the rest as unimportant.
They know that killing the monster would just reset the world yet in the final confrontation despite saying that they would end it here, don't bother coming with any actual plans and just try to do the same thing only untill Rin uses her secret plot power up that prevents the monster from resetting the world (let us totally discard the possibity that the monster even still has a heart to begin with since that worked "totally fine" in Fate prisma)? (I guess that means Lancer could have ended the groundhog loop in HA as well lol...)
And i love how dull Saber and Hakuno's reaction is to it, not bothering to ask at the end...

I'm pretty sure that hakuno knew that the best way to end the loop was to free "Alice" from her suffering, the flashbacks make it clear that he saw what the problem is.
I don't think rin was the one that caused that.

The lack of discussion is a bit of an issue, but like, they were super pressed for time as it is. Hakuno just figured it out on his own, and Rin also had an implicit understanding when she remembered that there is no master here. The episode had to play the ending theme over the scene. It's also for impact, but I think time management was also an issue.
Law of conservation of detail, I guess.
Mar 15, 2018 11:22 AM

Feb 2018
Atavistic said:
Hate_and_Rage said:

That doesn't answer how she became a Master to begin with to have a Servant and be in the War at all, as surely someone who is a ghost from the start shouldn't be able to be in the War.

On Earth, yes. But as Rani explained, in Moon Cell, everything is made up of information. Ghosts are too, just like people. As they explained in first episode, Masters in Moon Cell, they aren't actually people on Moon. Only their Souls are. Their bodies are on earth. They use artificial Avatars to interact with the Moon Cell.

Same thing happens with Alice. Her Soul is in Moon Cell. The only difference is, unlike the rest, she didn't willingly send her Soul to the Grail War. She died on earth, somehow her Soul just ended up inside Moon Cell. A complete coincidence. But once you get to Moon Cell, like everyone else, your Soul is digitized and given form with an Avatar.
Mar 15, 2018 12:40 PM

Jan 2015
I have no idea what is going on

being meguca is suffering
Mar 15, 2018 1:13 PM

Feb 2018
frenze12 said:
They know that killing the monster would just reset the world yet in the final confrontation despite saying that they would end it here, don't bother coming with any actual plans and just try to do the same thing only untill Rin uses her secret plot power up that prevents the monster from resetting the world

They did come up with a plan. First, it was to avoid fighting it altogether and fight the Master. Once it turned out that the Master IS the monster, they decided to, well, kill it.

The monster isn't invincible. The "reset" isn't automatic. The "reset" only happens IF it uses its Noble Phantasm. The easiest way of taking care of that, kill it before it can use that Noble Phantasm. They did go over this, in case you missed it. And Rin didn't use some superpower to stop it from resetting, she just tried to kill it faster. Kill it before it could reset. If you've got a better plan than killer it faster, do share.

frenze12 said:
(let us totally discard the possibity that the monster even still has a heart to begin with since that worked "totally fine" in Fate prisma)?

As surprising as it may sound, they haven't seen Prisma. For the most part, in Fate, if you see an opponent you need to kill, you use the power that kills people. Lancer Cu from Stay Night, he didn't stop before every fight to wonder whether or not his opponents have hearts. He tried stabbing them first. Because that is the only way to know whether or not it works.

frenze12 said:
(I guess that means Lancer could have ended the groundhog loop in HA as well lol...)

If he takes out the source of it, yes? And this isn't HA's loop. It's caused by Alice Monster using a Noble Phantasm, and if Lancer can take the monster out, the loop ends.
Mar 15, 2018 1:26 PM

Aug 2016
Please can someone explain me what has gone in the episode? I can't grasp the plotline.
Mar 15, 2018 3:26 PM

Jun 2015
Hate_and_Rage said:
frenze12 said:
They know that killing the monster would just reset the world yet in the final confrontation despite saying that they would end it here, don't bother coming with any actual plans and just try to do the same thing only untill Rin uses her secret plot power up that prevents the monster from resetting the world

They did come up with a plan. First, it was to avoid fighting it altogether and fight the Master. Once it turned out that the Master IS the monster, they decided to, well, kill it.

The monster isn't invincible. The "reset" isn't automatic. The "reset" only happens IF it uses its Noble Phantasm. The easiest way of taking care of that, kill it before it can use that Noble Phantasm. They did go over this, in case you missed it. And Rin didn't use some superpower to stop it from resetting, she just tried to kill it faster. Kill it before it could reset. If you've got a better plan than killer it faster, do share.

I was under the impression that Alice ended the loop herself. Saber killed her earlier with a command-seal agility boost, which is far faster than the Gae Bolg+decapitation in the last loop. If anything, it was Hakuno deciding to bring the book with him and hoping that would do something that saved them in the end, seeing as Alice started crying and looking at the book before she died, which to me, implies that she was finally done waiting for her onii-chan to come back like he promised.

It's also shown visually. The sides of the screen start undergoing a visual effect after she's stabbed, implying that she's about to start the loop again, but after examining the book and Hakuno, the effect disappears. This happens before Saber cuts her head off.
-Sherou-Mar 15, 2018 3:35 PM

Mar 15, 2018 4:25 PM

Sep 2012
Ulquiorra said:
[Sad loli noises] , that killed me.

Same. I thought this was one of the better eps.
Mar 15, 2018 7:20 PM

Jan 2011
once i read up on how these timelines are working it improved my impressions of this episode a lot it was quite good , though the fight felt like it got glanced over it ended real quick.

granted i bet i would've had a slightly easier time understanding this if i wasn't sleepy when i watched last weeks episode
Mar 15, 2018 8:42 PM
May 2017
Despite a myriad of issues plaguing Last Encore.... I find this one...seeing how people defend it's poor execution in the action department with this same point is starting to get annoying but is still super cute at the same time cause you can tell the person is aware of the problem but is choosing to ignore it then tries to act like they have a counterpoint by blaming ufotable for adding good fight scenes and animation to their production XD

The appeal of other Fate main series adapted into anime by ufotable and Kara no kyoukai is they're the full package delivering on various elements (and yes..that includes action)
Zero, stay night and KnK are all character-centric drama stories....this doesn't mean that when adapting them ufo had a free pass to slack off with the execution of various story beats that are in fact part of the events of the narrative. unlike the case here, ufo actually cared and put work into making those scenes of the characters duking it out for their ideals or what they stand for/believe (and you know they're part of the story even in Fate/Extra...don't lie to yourself...the VNs of stay night and hollow ataraxia basically make you sit there and describe the entire fight to you cause they're still important events in the story....the story would feel lacking if you were simply told "oh, they fought..this guy died..the end...next exposition scene....which is exactly what everyone who has been trying to defend the lackluster execution of fight scenes in this anime has been saying even though they think they worded it in a clever manner lol)
It just leads to an overall more satisfactory experience

Even the mystery elements in those ufo series and the VNs/LNs feel way more relevant in terms of what effects certain developments and reveals would have on the characters because of the clear care put into them and how they're executed
In Last encore...having meh characters doesn't really help a lot of viewers care about what's going on around them in the series (jussayin)

Even the director of an anime like re:creators (same director of F/Z and some of KnK lol) that isn't action focused said when the characters had to confront each other put work into it and make the scene good...there's no reason not to

If they were going to deliver trash tier execution of these characters fighting for their lives to achieve a certain goal, they should have just erased that aspect of the story entirely instead.... Just have the characters walk and talk their way up a staircase till the end of the series....

Not being action focused (even the ufotable ones aren't fyi) isn't an excuse for having flat out bad scenes thrown in there just for the sake of it

There's no problem if you're cool with mediocrity in terms of the series' execution of events such as the fight scenes but you don't really have to get on someone's case just because something they enjoyed about Fate is now lacking as they watch this

Real Fate fan ango
AnnaHomuraMar 15, 2018 8:57 PM
Mar 15, 2018 11:27 PM

Feb 2018
SherouCreationEX said:
Hate_and_Rage said:

I was under the impression that Alice ended the loop herself. Saber killed her earlier with a command-seal agility boost, which is far faster than the Gae Bolg+decapitation in the last loop. If anything, it was Hakuno deciding to bring the book with him and hoping that would do something that saved them in the end, seeing as Alice started crying and looking at the book before she died, which to me, implies that she was finally done waiting for her onii-chan to come back like he promised.

It's also shown visually. The sides of the screen start undergoing a visual effect after she's stabbed, implying that she's about to start the loop again, but after examining the book and Hakuno, the effect disappears. This happens before Saber cuts her head off.

Yes, you're not wrong. But that part wasn't planned. That was accidental. The plan was to just kill it faster. It didn't work, which is why I said "Rin TRIED to kill it faster".

And Gae Bolg is MUCH faster than Saber's slash. The selling point of Gae Bolg is how it reverses cause and effect. Using Gae Bolg, you can kill the monster BEFORE you really get to it. Which was what Rin tried to do. It just didn't work.

As you said, it was Alice recognizing the book that truly worked. When she turned into a monster, her memory started getting hazy. She forgot who her Onii-chan was. Seeing that book they read together and had fun, she was reminded of it, and stopped using her Noble Phantasm.
Hate_and_RageMar 15, 2018 11:43 PM
Mar 16, 2018 12:13 AM
Sep 2013
Hate_and_Rage said:
gaRdenia6943 said:

They never explitly say it but it's heavily hinted since Shinji gf challenged her and she said she wouldn't fight there in this floor, for what other reason Rin would say that ?
Mar 16, 2018 12:48 AM

Feb 2018
SpeedC said:
Hate_and_Rage said:

They never explitly say it but it's heavily hinted since Shinji gf challenged her and she said she wouldn't fight there in this floor, for what other reason Rin would say that ?

But we know for a fact that Floor 3's Floor Master was Alice.

After the talk with Rin, Amari didn't Ascend. She was still on 3rd Floor. Rin, however, had left. That doesn't exactly sound like a Floor Master. If Rin lost, Amari would've Ascended. If they didn't even fight, Rin couldn't have Ascended. If Amari had lost, she'd die. If Rin was the Floor Master, there's no outcome where Amari stays there alive, while Rin disappears. None.

Another thing to note, the Floor Master is always the last Master remaining. Shinji was the same, Dan was the same. Alice was the same. They were all the last one standing. Rin, however, wasn't. No matter how you look at it, Rin wasn't the Floor Master of 3rd Floor. There's just nothing backing that claim up.

"She MIGHT'VE fought Amari, so she's the Floor Master" isn't exactly a convincing argument.
Mar 16, 2018 12:57 AM

Jun 2015
Hate_and_Rage said:

Yes, you're not wrong. But that part wasn't planned. That was accidental. The plan was to just kill it faster. It didn't work, which is why I said "Rin TRIED to kill it faster".

And Gae Bolg is MUCH faster than Saber's slash. The selling point of Gae Bolg is how it reverses cause and effect. Using Gae Bolg, you can kill the monster BEFORE you really get to it. Which was what Rin tried to do. It just didn't work.

As you said, it was Alice recognizing the book that truly worked. When she turned into a monster, her memory started getting hazy. She forgot who her Onii-chan was. Seeing that book they read together and had fun, she was reminded of it, and stopped using her Noble Phantasm.

Ah nevermind then, I misunderstood what you were saying.

You're right, Gae Bolg is faster than the command seal boost. It just sucks at killing.

Mar 16, 2018 1:28 AM
Apr 2015
SherouCreationEX said:
Hate_and_Rage said:

Or more plausible: Since Alice was the monster all along and not the servant so it can't use the servant own noble phantasm (unless we go with fusion shenanigans) it was actually Nursery Rhyme who did it. And who did mc meet before the final encounter and gave him a book (which is her true form actually)?
Basicallly Nursery Rhyme gave up on resetting and accepted the outcome togheter with Alice.
Mar 16, 2018 1:56 AM

Jun 2015
frenze12 said:

Or more plausible: Since Alice was the monster all along and not the servant so it can't use the servant own noble phantasm (unless we go with fusion shenanigans) it was actually Nursery Rhyme who did it. And who did mc meet before the final encounter and gave him a book (which is her true form actually)?
Basicallly Nursery Rhyme gave up on resetting and accepted the outcome together with Alice.

Well, there are fusion shenanigans, so it's not implausible. The website has this to say about Alice (translation by canaki from BL):

Alice (katakana): the resulting form of Caster fulfilling "Alice (hiragana)"'s wish. Is identical in both looks and personality to "Alice (hiragana)". After "Alice (hiragana)" mutated, she too lost that form. Now only remains as the last hope on the table where they used to hold tea parties.

Garden of oblivion: The 3rd floor where a Master-eating monster prowls. Fused with Alice (hiragana)'s RM, "Nameless Forest", with the ability to make people forget their names and neutralize them. Here, everyone becomes lost in time. Life may seem like a story in sequence, but really is only a shuffling of the past and the present.

Note that the Reality Marble is Alice (hiragana)'s. That's not a typo, the website actually does list the RM as Alice's, which means Alice might have fused with Nursery Rhyme's Noble Phantasm and taken possession of it.

Also, the scene with Nursery Rhyme and Hakuno was in the past, as indicated by the subtle vignetting effect and the fact that NR had just impersonated Amari. She didn't actually give him the book, he just found it since the final loop was the first time he actually went back into the garden.
-Sherou-Mar 16, 2018 2:01 AM

Mar 16, 2018 9:49 AM

Apr 2016
AnnaHomura said:
Despite a myriad of issues plaguing Last Encore.... I find this one...seeing how people defend it's poor execution in the action department with this same point is starting to get annoying but is still super cute at the same time cause you can tell the person is aware of the problem but is choosing to ignore it then tries to act like they have a counterpoint by blaming ufotable for adding good fight scenes and animation to their production XD...

The fights ARE lackluster. Most people with any amount of sense have accepted that at this point. However, the real issue here is that people who are complaining seem to revert to that same excuse over and over again as if it were the only important thing.

The reason why people who are defending the series begin to talk about Ufotable is because, quite frankly, anime-only fans have been spoiled by their quality. No one can deny that Ufotable was a god-send to Fate adaptations in the animation department, but that doesn't justify people considering other adaptations as immediately inferior just because of a lower animation standard.

This is especially prominent in Last Encore because it's an original story where long-time fans are trying to look at it and see Nasu's standard of writing, while the spoiled fans are shitting on it without even considering its substance.

Us long-time fans get annoyed because people are downplaying the entire show for one of two flawed aspects of the whole thing. Fights aren't important, so even if they're badly done, does it mean anything to the quality of the story? NO. That's the point we're making. If it isn't important, but has to happen anyway, it doesn't HAVE to be well-done even if it COULD be.

So people need to stop acting like the fight quality directly correlates with the quality of the entire show. They need to enjoy the things that are actually important, and stop bitching about things that aren't.
Mar 16, 2018 1:51 PM

May 2015
I don't know why those that are defending the show act like the only reasons people dislike it are because the fights are bad, or that it's not made by Ufo. They're definitely factors, because the fights are indeed trash, and the animation is indeed nowhere near Ufo's level. But they aren't the only complaints that are being brought up. People have also pointed out that the characters are underdeveloped, and that the story is a incoherent mess most of the time. Whether you agree with these criticisms is irrelevant. They ARE things that people HAVE said and DO believe.

It's not just "oh, it doesn't have exciting fights like other fates" or "oh, it's not Ufo so it's automatically bad." Apocrypha and FSN 2006, shows that were both lackluster in terms of animation a lot of the time and weren't made by Ufo, managed to do at least one of these aspects better than Extra. It. The show fails for more reasons than "it's not your typical Fate series."

Mar 16, 2018 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
SolarCorona said:
AnnaHomura said:
Despite a myriad of issues plaguing Last Encore.... I find this one...seeing how people defend it's poor execution in the action department with this same point is starting to get annoying but is still super cute at the same time cause you can tell the person is aware of the problem but is choosing to ignore it then tries to act like they have a counterpoint by blaming ufotable for adding good fight scenes and animation to their production XD...

The fights ARE lackluster. Most people with any amount of sense have accepted that at this point. However, the real issue here is that people who are complaining seem to revert to that same excuse over and over again as if it were the only important thing.

The reason why people who are defending the series begin to talk about Ufotable is because, quite frankly, anime-only fans have been spoiled by their quality. No one can deny that Ufotable was a god-send to Fate adaptations in the animation department, but that doesn't justify people considering other adaptations as immediately inferior just because of a lower animation standard.

This is especially prominent in Last Encore because it's an original story where long-time fans are trying to look at it and see Nasu's standard of writing, while the spoiled fans are shitting on it without even considering its substance.

Us long-time fans get annoyed because people are downplaying the entire show for one of two flawed aspects of the whole thing. Fights aren't important, so even if they're badly done, does it mean anything to the quality of the story? NO. That's the point we're making. If it isn't important, but has to happen anyway, it doesn't HAVE to be well-done even if it COULD be.

So people need to stop acting like the fight quality directly correlates with the quality of the entire show. They need to enjoy the things that are actually important, and stop bitching about things that aren't.

There aren't even one or two flaws if you include animation or fighting, there are a lot of flaws, the biggest one being how the characters are written.
Mar 16, 2018 4:11 PM

Nov 2014
It seems like I need a PHD in Fate/ to understand anything that's going on and one incomprehensible thing briefly mentioned several episodes ago apparently explains an incomprehensible thing happening now if I'd only paid enough attention. This anime doesn't stand on it's own, if fails completely to explain itself to any sensible standard so it's failed as a standalone self contained show, at this point I'm regarding this is nothing but advertising for the Extra games (source material). On top of that does anyone really care about the main character or his motivations? If he were to lose on the next floor and Rin took over the show would anyone care?
Forum Signature
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

120 by Remlz_77 »»
Aug 27, 12:14 AM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

210 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

221 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

63 by SomeDudeOverHere »»
Apr 12, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

72 by TheSelleri »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.