Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2018 5:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thunder Dry :o

Well for thing, advertising really is a big thing in this show. Sexy and elegant is kinda their motto. Meh, wasn't really interested in this episode much. Even the montage song felt rather repetitive.
Mar 4, 2018 6:09 AM
Jul 2016
Okinawa part was really funny, especially when Riku mistook the room and the other member following him.

these guys are so unlucky, thei debut song was stolen.
Mar 4, 2018 8:19 AM
Sep 2015
Am I the only one who think it's getting worse? The stolen song plot is the cause. It might work one hundred years ago though.
Mar 4, 2018 9:38 AM
Dec 2014
phantomfandom said:
Am I the only one who think it's getting worse? The stolen song plot is the cause. It might work one hundred years ago though.

do you mean as in it seems like an overused plot point? because i can't think of any other idol series that uses it. idolish7 is shows that the entertainment business can get really ugly. this is all part of that.
Mar 4, 2018 9:52 AM
Sep 2015
calmato said:
do you mean as in it seems like an overused plot point? because i can't think of any other idol series that uses it. idolish7 is shows that the entertainment business can get really ugly. this is all part of that.

I mean the practical in the real world. Entertainment business can get ugly yes, but by not simply 'raid into office and stole demo tape'.
Mar 4, 2018 11:02 AM
Mar 2015
phantomfandom said:
calmato said:

I mean the practical in the real world. Entertainment business can get ugly yes, but by not simply 'raid into office and stole demo tape'.

There were a few scenes concerning this in the game that weren't animated, but I can't remember if it explained more about the song stealing. Anyways, as realistic as an anime is, it's still fiction, so don't think too deep about it and just enjoy the boys' suffering 😂

This moment was too damn precious <3

ordinaryxtremeMar 4, 2018 11:10 AM
Mar 4, 2018 11:59 AM
Oct 2012
Eu adorei demais esse episodio, principalmente a parte que aparece o trigger, e quando o o Tenn encontrou eles espionando o andar e começou a dar sermão, legal e o outro começou a fazer uma revelação de frente para a porta sendo quem abriu foi outra pessoa
Mar 4, 2018 1:16 PM

Aug 2010
Ugh the end killed me ;__; their debut song getting stolen from them... Now all the hard work they did in Okinawa filming the PV has gone to waste. I wonder if the choice to perform the song anyway was a good one? Well, they said to the fans right before the advert for Trigger aired that they would perform a new single so I guess they had to keep their word... T_T stay strong, idolish7!

Also really wish they showed what Gaku talked about with Riku when he pulled him into his room. Would've been interesting to see his reaction upon learning that Tenn has a twin brother? Or maybe Riku didn't elaborate on it to him? Guess it wasn't very important...
Mar 4, 2018 3:03 PM

Oct 2011
xSimplicity said:
Ugh the end killed me ;__; their debut song getting stolen from them... Now all the hard work they did in Okinawa filming the PV has gone to waste. I wonder if the choice to perform the song anyway was a good one? Well, they said to the fans right before the advert for Trigger aired that they would perform a new single so I guess they had to keep their word... T_T stay strong, idolish7!

Also really wish they showed what Gaku talked about with Riku when he pulled him into his room. Would've been interesting to see his reaction upon learning that Tenn has a twin brother? Or maybe Riku didn't elaborate on it to him? Guess it wasn't very important...

About Gaku talking to Riku, there is a side story about that in the game that shows what they talked about and I absolutely love it. You can read it Here. There is other stuff in that chapter if you want to read as well but that specific part is in the middle.
Mar 4, 2018 3:18 PM

Oct 2011
I knew how the episode would end and I still felt pain. Seeing them work so hard only for that rotten composer to prevail again... it's too sad. But on a lighter night I really loved the character interactions once again! I'm a bit sad they didn't include the side story bit with Gaku and Riku's whole convo because I love it but I expected as much with only 24 minutes in an episode. Tenn prying open the elevator was both funny and scary lol. They finally showed that Ryu is indeed muscular haha. I really liked the one part where Nagi got too excited while they were spying and talked out loud only to be shushed, "OH" aljsdk.

Also, FINALLY SOME NEW TRIGGER OUTFITS

and Gaku is still as lovely as ever

Mar 4, 2018 5:19 PM

Apr 2013
phantomfandom said:
calmato said:

Eh... I'm not really the type who value realistic approach in anime. The stealing part while not really exciting and one might argue is not very realistic, I think it's fine.
Mar 4, 2018 6:37 PM
Jan 2018
calmato said:
idolish7 is shows that the entertainment business can get really ugly. this is all part of that.

Wake Up! Girls and Perfect Blue does show more of the idol industry too. It's not the first.
Mar 4, 2018 6:45 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I don't really like the stealing song thing, but it'll be interesting to see how they fix this situation. It's also noteworthy that Tenn noticed something off about how the songwriter probably couldn't have written Natsu Shiyouze. Idk if it's overused, but it's this would be at least the fourth time I've seen something like this, although in manga and I only remember one of the manga titles. Ironically(?) a manga by Tanemura.

Anyways, I wonder what Gaku and Riku talked about. Did Riku tell him that they're twins...?
Mar 5, 2018 9:02 AM

Sep 2007
I'd like an episode where the boys can just all be happy for once. ;w; The previous episode kind of showed that but it was after the MuFes disaster and Iorin still wasn't feeling great so it doesn't really count. I read that IDOLiSH7 is gonna take the blame for supposedly ''stealing'' TRIGGER's song and honestly that makes me so mad!! Tenn better says something about it. Or just blatantly refuse to sing unless it's with IDOLiSH7

Also I feel Tamaki needs to chill. He usually chills too much but when his sister is involved he gets even more irresponsible than his normal modus operandi and doesn't care what might happen to Sougo, MEZZO'', or IDOLiSH7. Is someone who doesn't contact you after fervently trying to get her attention really worth possibly destroying your own career and that of others? I mean I get Tamaki is seventeen and everything but at this point I can't truly say I like him :/
Mar 5, 2018 8:03 PM

Nov 2008
Tenn is RUTHLESS. XD He just murdered Iori and Mitsuki LOL.

Oh crap. OH CRAP. I don't think I7 can win against Trigger. D: this is baaaaaaaaaaad. But won't Trigger be furious to find out the song was stolen? Their pride won't allow that. ESPECIALLY Gaku. :/

Hiina said:
Also I feel Tamaki needs to chill.

Yeah, he's very rash. Definitely the most immature one of the group.

tingy said:
Idk if it's overused, but it's this would be at least the fourth time I've seen something like this, although in manga and I only remember one of the manga titles. Ironically(?) a manga by Tanemura.

Lol I bet you mean how

Mar 6, 2018 6:13 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Chiibi said:

tingy said:
Idk if it's overused, but it's this would be at least the fourth time I've seen something like this, although in manga and I only remember one of the manga titles. Ironically(?) a manga by Tanemura.

Lol I bet you mean how

Haha yup! It worked out better though for the protag anyways, but here seems like it'll be sort of a mess because they went with the song anyways despite the Trigger's version officially coming out first.

Which makes me think...how long ago did Trigger's song come out? Like a day before their performance? Or on the same day? If it was a day before, it would've been wise for them to have listened to Trigger's new song, which they couldn't have not known that Trigger was releasing a new single, given how popular Trigger is in i7's world. It's always good to know what you are competing against. But I don't know enough about idol life, and they might've been really busy with their own upcoming debut to bother with one of the hottest group's new single, which is understandable. Ignore me if the song did coincidentally come out the same day they were performing though ^^
Mar 7, 2018 2:20 PM

Oct 2011
tingy said:
If it was a day before, it would've been wise for them to have listened to Trigger's new song, which they couldn't have not known that Trigger was releasing a new single, given how popular Trigger is in i7's world. It's always good to know what you are competing against. But I don't know enough about idol life, and they might've been really busy with their own upcoming debut to bother with one of the hottest group's new single, which is understandable. Ignore me if the song did coincidentally come out the same day they were performing though ^^

If it came out the day before I bet you 100% Sogo would have already listened to it lol but I'm pretty sure by the reactions of the fans in the game and anime the MV on the big screen was the world premier of it.

Also I read one of your other replies about the conversation between Gaku and Riku and you can read that in a side chapter that has been translated here. It's a really cute conversation in my opinion!
Mar 7, 2018 3:16 PM

Feb 2013
Noooo poor guys! Can't they just have their way in peace? ;___;
Mar 9, 2018 7:40 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Ashureechan said:
tingy said:
If it was a day before, it would've been wise for them to have listened to Trigger's new song, which they couldn't have not known that Trigger was releasing a new single, given how popular Trigger is in i7's world. It's always good to know what you are competing against. But I don't know enough about idol life, and they might've been really busy with their own upcoming debut to bother with one of the hottest group's new single, which is understandable. Ignore me if the song did coincidentally come out the same day they were performing though ^^

If it came out the day before I bet you 100% Sogo would have already listened to it lol but I'm pretty sure by the reactions of the fans in the game and anime the MV on the big screen was the world premier of it.

Also I read one of your other replies about the conversation between Gaku and Riku and you can read that in a side chapter that has been translated here. It's a really cute conversation in my opinion!

Thanks for the link! It really is a cute conversation XD Glad to know there really was content for that haha.
Mar 9, 2018 7:59 PM

Oct 2011
tingy said:

Thanks for the link! It really is a cute conversation XD Glad to know there really was content for that haha.

No problem! It's some of my favorite content, I'm glad it exists!
Mar 16, 2018 11:05 PM

Apr 2013
Ashureechan said:
xSimplicity said:

About Gaku talking to Riku, there is a side story about that in the game that shows what they talked about and I absolutely love it. You can read it Here. There is other stuff in that chapter if you want to read as well but that specific part is in the middle.

Thanks for posting this! I really liked reading the conversations, I wish the anime captured the convo.
Mar 17, 2018 7:06 PM

Oct 2011
NostalgicDPT said:

Thanks for posting this! I really liked reading the conversations, I wish the anime captured the convo.

No problem! Unfortunately episode run time gets in the way :'(
Apr 4, 2018 1:16 PM
May 2015
God what a harsh plot twist was there!
I was so much enjoying untill then. Really cringey when they singing the song and fans beinhg suspicious! Really hope they go well...
And one thing that CM was so hot!!!

NemurasanApr 4, 2018 1:29 PM
Jan 26, 2019 1:17 AM

Jun 2015
that producer definitely broke in and stole the song, most likely under guise of the CEO dude
music industry gets ugly at times like this
Apr 21, 2021 11:29 PM

Aug 2017
We're back with the stealing arc. Honestly, I hope it's better than the first time this happened. I still remember it wasn't mentioned again after the obvious evidence.

Ryuunosuke in that commercial ❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 23, 2022 11:17 AM

Feb 2020
Poor guys. Those bastards stole their song... That ending was quite shocking.

More topics from this board

» Shouldn't this anime have a shoujo tag?

robal15 - Jul 12

9 by robal15 »»
Jul 13, 12:18 PM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7 Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2017

29 by Altair718 »»
Jun 20, 11:43 PM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2018

20 by kakyoin »»
Jun 5, 10:41 PM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7 Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2017

23 by Nubah »»
May 26, 5:23 AM

» Who is your favorite? ( 1 2 )

Chiibi - Jan 14, 2018

76 by luciana_y2 »»
Apr 26, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.