Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 9, 2017 6:50 AM

May 2015
Chapter 7: Pretty much a chapter focusing on the story from Gilbert's perspective. In this case from when he was younger (and before he met Violet), from the moment he met Violet all up to the final battle (chapter 6), and then the short aftermath (he survived!).

All in all, a great chapter.

Chapter 8: Hodgin's perspective this time. Seems like he and Violet have gotten closer, and we got to learn how Violet became "Evergarden" and the Auto-Memories Doll she is today.

Nice chapter.

Chapter 9: Back to the present again, Benedict and Violet attend the wedding ceremony of a couple. The story of this chapter is focused on the groom and his mother, in which the latter became disoriented ever since her husband and other son left.

Beautiful chapter.

Chapter 10: That was one creepy utopia filled with lunatics. Good thing Violet saved Lux from that hellhole. In the end, Lux joined Violet, and now works for the postal company.

Good chapter.

Chapter 11: Cattleya and Violet are having "fun" at the festivities around the Flying Letters. Pretty relaxing chapter, yet quite touching too. Cattleya slowly learned about Violet's past regarding Gilbert. Felt like they'd become a little bit closer as well.

Nice chapter.

Chapter 12: And the man Violet was chasing after turned out to be Dietfriet, Gilbert's older brother from the very beginning. That was sure a not-so-happy reunion. And guess who appeared as well at the end? Gilbert himself.

Can't wait for the next chapter!

Chapter 13: Final chapter, and what a way to end it. Overall, a satisfying ending I'd say. Can't wait for the anime adaptation that's coming soon!

Great piece of work in my opinion. I really enjoyed it.

10/10.
ReverberateDec 12, 2017 2:20 PM

Jul 9, 2017 8:55 PM

Jun 2012
[CH.7] --- Gilbert's vicarious heartfelt confession was awe-inspiring.

I hope Violet will be able to grasp this cordiality.

[ch 8] ---- Well, we already knew that Gilbert is not present with Violet doing her job as an Auto-memory doll....
But then again,
His resolved
Him rejecting her
He choose to abandoned his love for the sake of love.
Damn.

Poor Claudia, coax in his determination, XD.

[ch 9] --- It's nice to see Violet actually working with someone like Benedict and him being on the receiving end of Violet's purity, LEL. But this chapter was still a leap of her mental stability, I mean she's already used to her job as an automata, I was honestly expecting this chapter to be her first venture or first trial.

Anyway, the short story of Silene and his mother had really tapped a few of my feel vessels, particularly, the mother's skein letter for her son's marriage.....that managed to restart Silene's dilapidated love for her. Though it could also be true that the mother had a few mistake she can never mend anymore, but Silene accepted it all in the end makes it all emotionally sincere.

Props to Violet for writing the mother's puzzling thoughts to a beautiful speech. It's a wonder how she could have easily identified someone's own means but she herself find it difficult to translate her and the Major's desire.

[ch 10] --- Not a trace of the usual touch of sad grace is in this chapter but a blossoming two mirrored flowers is behold.

One of the best development for Violet, why? Because fate allowing her to meet Lux whose life is circumstantially an spitting image of hers served as a good contemplation for her to look upon her soul and meaning of living.

Somehow, in this bloody novel, this bunch of lunatics in their numinous sanctum Utopia fitted well. Even Violet ascending as a demigod doesn't sound much of a stretch in logic and I wouldn't be so surprised now if anyone describe that the world smile along with her if she does so.

[ch 11-12] ---- Lux is barely getting the hang of the real world but let's hope she wouldn't grow up like Claudia. How can Cattleya be so afraid of Violet with her strong physical attribute? Or was it because her mental stability is that odd? Benedict remains mysterious as ever. Violet finally opens up her sorrowful wish to someone, thanks to Cattleya, she even tried to ask for advice to Dietfriet. Their conversations or more like Dietfriet's rambling got a good point to how life should be live and so.... It seems she manage to get the clouds out of her, I wonder what's her thoughts now about her circumstances confirming that her master/beloved(?) is still alive?

final ch. ----- I didn't expect the ending to be enwreathed with fairy tale. A prismatic love indeed.

Zaphkiel_El_RemNov 11, 2017 5:05 AM
Jul 21, 2017 11:10 AM
Jan 2016
guys any link for read the volume 2 pls?
Jul 22, 2017 5:18 AM

Jun 2012
MAADCity1 said:
guys any link for read the volume 2 pls?
It's not fully translate yet, the volume I mean. And I'm not so sure if the TL'ator blog link is allowed on threads/forums so go first here; http://www.novelupdates.com/series/violet-evergarden/

Nov 11, 2017 12:14 AM

Apr 2015
Masterpiece.

The last chapter is just amazing. One of my favorite reads.
Dec 12, 2017 4:08 AM

Jan 2017
What a great novel. Great development for Violet and Gilbert. I love the characters too especially Hodgins. The best bro.

Now I'm looking forward more to its adaptation.
Dec 24, 2017 7:23 AM

May 2017
OrangeLemoon said:
What a great novel. Great development for Violet and Gilbert. I love the characters too especially Hodgins. The best bro.

umm does the novel has the romance element ?, I haven't read it so i don't know but from the comments it looks like there is a little bit of romance
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2017 7:28 AM

Jan 2017
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
OrangeLemoon said:

umm does the novel has the romance element ?, I haven't read it so i don't know but from the comments it looks like there is a little bit of romance

There is definitely romance but not your shoujo type of romance.
Dec 24, 2017 7:42 AM

May 2017
OrangeLemoon said:
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:

oh i see ,now that's what i wanted ,this definitely makes things interesting now I'm really looking forward to the anime
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2017 7:45 AM

Jan 2017
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
OrangeLemoon said:

oh i see ,now that's what i wanted ,this definitely makes things interesting now I'm really looking forward to the anime

Yeah. you'd better look forward to it. Also, tho it is not entirely romance, it's romance is one of the best imo.
Jan 3, 2018 7:15 PM
Jul 2018
I haven't read it so don't spoil me please, but essentially these two volumes contain the whole narrative?
Jan 4, 2018 2:14 AM

Apr 2016
A_NoticingSenpai said:
I haven't read it so don't spoil me please, but essentially these two volumes contain the whole narrative?

Yes. Acceptable amount of content for the anime adaptation.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Jan 27, 2018 5:36 AM
Jan 2018
I haven't read but I want to know. Does Benedict have a romantic feeling towards Violet in the novel ?
Jan 27, 2018 7:26 AM

Jun 2012
MikQa12 said:
I haven't read but I want to know. Does Benedict have a romantic feeling towards Violet in the novel ?
No as far is the novel is concern. The Benedict and Cattleya you saw in the anime is not the Benedict and Cattleya you will read in the novel.

Jan 28, 2018 11:14 AM

Apr 2016
MikQa12 said:

I only saw Violet and Benedict interacting in 1 chapter out of the whole novel series, let alone them having feelings for each other. And that's while they're doing their jobs...

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Feb 1, 2018 8:13 AM
Jun 2013
Finished the second volume yesterday night. Well... It has its good moments, but it is not on the same level as the first volume, mainly because the last chapter bothers me. I feel like there isn't much thematic resonance or density within the chapter.

Sure enough, Kana actually manages to write political plots well, but the situation still felt really, really convenient because of how it managed to make everyone come together because of Violet. It was supposed to be the climax of the series, but to me it just fell flat on its face for the most part. The execution was lacking, things resolved way too quickly because Kana needed to and I don't buy that Gilbert, as immature as he is, is the adult described by Kana. I don't mind that Hodgins would participate in Gilbert's schemes, but I don't buy that he would forgive him that easily, being friends is no excuse to ignore big mistakes.

The last chapter also brings back a little of the themes explored regarding war and the fate of the soldiers, but doesn't conclude it. What was kinda interesting was dropped in favour of the dramatic encounter between Gilbert and Violet. I think Kana should have set more priorities while writing, the main thematic force behind the chapter culminated in nothing. The enemy soldiers are nameless and dehumanized because of how Kana treats them, when she set them up to be more than that at the beginning.

I liked seeing Violet's distress and despite the fact that it overshadowed other moments, the reunion and conversation between Violet and Gilbert was a very touching scene. I just feel like we should have seen more of Violet's input of her place in the world. We know that she still fights her sense of duty because of what she belives her nature is and that she found it in herself to accept being human, but the epilogue is just so abrupt that it makes me feel like the resolution was way too superficial and lacked consequences. Why did she decide to continue being an auto-memoir doll? What happened to Gilbert? Was he fired? How did the higher ups from the military dealt with his disobedience? How exactly are they gonna keep in each others' lives? Am I just supposed to assume that everything is fine because CH Postal Agency was deemed heroic? For a world that was being painted so gray, everything sure did ended up fine for all the characters. I was ready for Violet and Gilbert to end up together, this has been obvious all along, but I thought this would be more on her terms since we were watching her progress. I thought there would be an actual resolution to her character, but it was too dependant on Gilbert's actions to be satisfactory.
Apr 4, 2018 5:32 PM

Aug 2014
PedroGTS said:
Finished the second volume yesterday night. Well... It has its good moments, but it is not on the same level as the first volume, mainly because the last chapter bothers me. I feel like there isn't much thematic resonance or density within the chapter.

Sure enough, Kana actually manages to write political plots well, but the situation still felt really, really convenient because of how it managed to make everyone come together because of Violet. It was supposed to be the climax of the series, but to me it just fell flat on its face for the most part. The execution was lacking, things resolved way too quickly because Kana needed to and I don't buy that Gilbert, as immature as he is, is the adult described by Kana. I don't mind that Hodgins would participate in Gilbert's schemes, but I don't buy that he would forgive him that easily, being friends is no excuse to ignore big mistakes.

The last chapter also brings back a little of the themes explored regarding war and the fate of the soldiers, but doesn't conclude it. What was kinda interesting was dropped in favour of the dramatic encounter between Gilbert and Violet. I think Kana should have set more priorities while writing, the main thematic force behind the chapter culminated in nothing. The enemy soldiers are nameless and dehumanized because of how Kana treats them, when she set them up to be more than that at the beginning.

I liked seeing Violet's distress and despite the fact that it overshadowed other moments, the reunion and conversation between Violet and Gilbert was a very touching scene. I just feel like we should have seen more of Violet's input of her place in the world. We know that she still fights her sense of duty because of what she belives her nature is and that she found it in herself to accept being human, but the epilogue is just so abrupt that it makes me feel like the resolution was way too superficial and lacked consequences. Why did she decide to continue being an auto-memoir doll? What happened to Gilbert? Was he fired? How did the higher ups from the military dealt with his disobedience? How exactly are they gonna keep in each others' lives? Am I just supposed to assume that everything is fine because CH Postal Agency was deemed heroic? For a world that was being painted so gray, everything sure did ended up fine for all the characters. I was ready for Violet and Gilbert to end up together, this has been obvious all along, but I thought this would be more on her terms since we were watching her progress. I thought there would be an actual resolution to her character, but it was too dependant on Gilbert's actions to be satisfactory.

wait, did violet and gilbert end up together? isn't she like 14 and 10-20 years younger? WTF?! care to explain what happened in the finale?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
May 19, 2018 6:50 AM

May 2017
THIS LN IS A MASTERPIECE.
English is not my mother language.
Oct 15, 2018 2:36 PM
Oct 2018
Question:

In regards of the events of chapter 10, is Violet canonically a demigod?
Jun 16, 2019 5:57 PM
Aug 2014
I think the tone of the first volume was a bit too moody, despite being warranted. The final arc toned it down and implemented shounen-esque elements and did overdo it a bit. I did enjoy the ending and the character development was nothing close to not impressive. I did find the pace changing from discovering the lives of people to a military based story circling around a few characters to be slightly hard to digest.
Jan 15, 2021 5:15 AM

Aug 2013
The first chapter, where it is focused on Gilbert's perspective was interesting to read. He really loved her, as was shown in both the first and the last chapter.

The chapter on demigods was unsettling. It was nice of Violet to rescue Lux in the end.

I really like Cattleya as a character. After the two Flying Letters chapters, I think they ended up being close. Cattleya was even worried about Violet in the last chapter.

Dietfried is still scared of Violet after all these years. I totally understand his feelings. XD

Claudia Hodgins is a caring person for having taking care of Violet and he thinks of her as his own child.

All in all, I had a great time reading this light novel and I'll be checking out the anime soon, please don't ask me why I haven't watched it :P.

More topics from this board

» anime/novel same ending ?

Splashed - May 12, 2018

6 by SapooBijook »»
Nov 10, 2021 3:05 AM

» About the end of this Chapter (7)

pingasusualisee - Sep 26, 2021

0 by pingasusualisee »»
Sep 26, 2021 1:39 PM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Volume 1 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Jun 18, 2017

13 by EpIcChEeSeMaN »»
Aug 27, 2021 4:53 PM

» "Violet Evergarden Ever After" Novel On Sale from the 27th of March

_MushiRock11_ - Feb 21, 2020

14 by FrailVendetta »»
Mar 7, 2020 12:17 AM

» Is Violet a demigod?

ugn01 - Oct 15, 2018

2 by HGX »»
Jan 26, 2019 8:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.