Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 14, 2017 5:08 PM

Mar 2016
Given that Reinhard is reffered to as Reinhard von Müsel, this show will have to start at a point well before Battle at Astate.

Anybody care to speculate on starting point? Reinhard's first ship command was covered only in Golden Wings, IIRC. It would be nice if that had an actually decent remake, but I doubt it, as Reinhard looks a bit old for that point in the poster.

Any speculations?
Oct 26, 2017 6:46 PM

Jul 2013
It's not a remake. It's a new adaptation of the novels. If he's referred to a Reinhard von Müsel, then it'll take place during that time. We can expect the exact same story, but with a different animation (though stylistically the same when it comes to clothing, architecture, and space ship designs) plus CG space battles (not completely sure how I feel about this, but the CG looks far better than in most anime). If they adapt all of the novels, then it will be literally the same story as the old series, maybe more maybe less depending on if they add anything the old series cut or if they cut anything.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Oct 27, 2017 1:03 PM

Mar 2016
Hraktuus said:
It's not a remake. It's a new adaptation of the novels.

Or one of the manga versions. Semantics is not really relevant here

Hraktuus said:
If he's referred to a Reinhard von Müsel, then it'll take place during that time.

It's a fairly lengthy chunk of time. That's why I'm asking

Hraktuus said:
(though stylistically the same when it comes to clothing, architecture, and space ship designs)

This will clearly not be the case. it seems the stylistic inspiration may be drawn from a particular manga adaptation, based on the trailer.

Hraktuus said:
If they adapt all of the novels, then it will be literally the same story as the old series, maybe more maybe less depending on if they add anything the old series cut or if they cut anything.

I am asking about this season specifically.
Oct 29, 2017 1:49 AM

Jul 2013
Every relevant source has said it is a new adaptation of the novels. That's an extremely important point. It's not just semantics. Calling it a remake would be like saying The Lord of the Rings films are a remake of The Lord of the Rings cartoons.

It clearly is the case that the clothing, architecture, and space ship designs are the same style as the old series. The character designs obviously aren't from any manga, either. The ships are CG, but they are still the same designs as the old series and the original art from the Japanese novels. I don't know how you can say based on the trailer that it isn't the same style. Maybe you should take a look at European clothing and architecture from the 1870s-1910s.

In the trailer, Reinhard is already in command. This really narrows down when it would be set. There is no source stating this, but my guess is it would be around the time My Conquest Is the Sea of Stars, so just before he takes the name von Lohengramm. The only other real possibility would be having it set during A Hundred Billion Stars, a Hundred Billion Lights. Any earlier than that, and Reinhard wouldn't haven't the kind of command shown in the trailer.
Omne Solum Forti Patria

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 10 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

13 by ItachiDeltaForce »»
Jul 11, 2:00 PM

» Should I watch the old/original series?

monad04 - May 12, 2018

23 by Brightless »»
Dec 16, 2023 11:15 AM

» Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These is the 3rd best profit maker for IG Port for 2023

deg - Jul 15, 2023

15 by TRC_Randy »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 11 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

14 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 4:00 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 12 Discussion

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

33 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 30, 2023 11:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.