Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 30, 2017 3:45 PM

Oct 2014
Nordhammer said:
Alright I'll say the adaption for me was a mess,story lines were cut yet several threads remained,which caused confusion and created dead ends.

The anime adaption was very fast paced from episode 2 thru 7 in particular,starting with episode 8 the emergency brakes were applied.

The author intended to adapt volumes 1 thru 3,as to focus on Chtholly's story in SukaSuka. Yet many of the mid-episodes were 'A day in the life of Tiat',Tiat and her crew play little part in Willem&chtholly's tale-sans for world building and Willem's role reversal.

could ramble on but not trying to change hearts and minds here.

Will say consider the confusion caused by the multiple half-explanation/miss-leading reveals and some of the plot lines which ran into dead ends.

A more experienced series composer would have re-weaved the threads of Willem&Chtholly's story lines and told a tale akin to AoT,or at the least brought out the tragic horror story.

I do think it was the wrong choice to have the novel's author as the series composer.

I do think SukaSuka tells a good story and the anime managed to tell a good tale,but it could have been so much better.

I do think given- this studio and the remaining source material-there will be no second season of SukaSuka.

Havign read both the novel and watched the anime, I feel like you are full of shit on all fronts. No offense.
Jul 1, 2017 8:09 PM
Nov 2015
Snaita said:
Yukki_Kun94 said:
Damn! Was it that good? I got bored midway through. IMO it was a bland and uninteresting anime.

When the only 3 posts you have made on MAL are about you dissing good anime by no apparent reason, people will not really take you serious... But oh well, every troll has to start somewhere, right.

I'm no troll and yeah I only post when I see how much people liked an anime that imo was not as good. That the majority thinks something is good doesn't make it good. Different people has different opinions so what's good for someone might not be good for someone else. Oh and wait if no one takes me seriously why did you bother checking my other posts?

UPDATE: I didn't finish the series and it seems all the good stuff happened in the last episodes, actually in the very last. Anyway one good episode doesn't make up 11 boring and plain ones.
Jul 2, 2017 8:29 AM
Oct 2010
This is on the official website. Hopefully, we get season two T^T

http://sukasuka-anime.com/news/index00510000.html
Jul 7, 2017 12:46 PM
Jan 2008
To be honest, I've just started watching it and I've seen the same issues complained about in this thread by supposed (but likely) trolls.

At the start, the two main characters have a chance interaction with some heavy sentimental implications. Main character saves the heroine. She asks a favour after being taken aback by him and they spend solitary time together -- this is fine so far. She then says "It's best you forget me" - something that's hard to understand at that point and you can't guess what this entirely means nor the implications (at least, I could only guess and I found I guessed somewhat wrong - I was betrayed for taking it too seriously rather than assuming a melodramatic one-liner).

The characters later meet up after you get some backstory of the main guy. The female is immediately attracted to the guy (which is somewhat fine as a crush but doesn't constitute a romance). The issue here is, you've gone from "Forget me, please" to "I didn't expect to see you again - how about that!". Confusing, right? Played off poorly.

Already you've got some pacing issues with their romantic developments and you could argue that this constitutes a forced relationship. As I said, it's fine if she's crushing on him but to have a vested romantic interest in him with any significant weight from the start? Seems too construed. Maybe in anime you can get away with this as trope relationships are generally accepted (begrudgingly), but it's still forced and rushed.

By the end of episode 3-4, you really wish you'd had more information and detail on everything going on. Why are there animal people everywhere? How are these islands floating? Where did this 'great enemy' come from and is there any agenda at all to be stated besides "tragedy"? You've also got that troll woman who seems a bit like both a mother and friend to the main guy--who is she? I've got no idea and I'd like to know.

I'm going to read the book before I continue watching the series. The show is beautiful and the music is tremendously atmospheric and appropriate. I love the mood the show sets. I love the general plot (or, at least, what I've hypothesised as the surrounding lore from tidbits visual world-building tapestry). What I don't like is the forced tropes that feel completely out of place from the ostentatiously melodramatic mood - like reactions from secondary female characters that act like they've known the main character for years, spouting overly-familiar one-liners. There's a sense of isolation that the show gives off and these reactions betray that feeling of loneliness. One might say that it lightens the mood, but I say it breaks it.

Just my opinion. Going to watch this show for certain, the atmosphere is too good to pass off. Need to read the book though to really sink into it like I want to.
YayaBunWaJul 7, 2017 12:51 PM
Jul 11, 2017 2:32 AM
Jul 2018
During the first week of its release SukSuka's BD Nr.1 got 1,434 sales which is pretty meh. So economically speaking it makes no sense to do a second season. In comparison, Eromanga-sensei sold about 8000 copies in the first week.

I mean the head of the animation company said multiple times he's a huge fan of the light novel but at the end they are a company. It's all about the money.

Anyway, I'll totally grab the OST of the Anime. It's sooo gooood!!!! >.<
removed-userJul 11, 2017 2:37 AM
Jul 11, 2017 2:50 AM

Jul 2014
OneManArmy said:
During the first week of its release SukSuka's BD Nr.1 got 1,434 sales which is pretty meh. So economically speaking it makes no sense to do a second season. In comparison, Eromanga-sensei sold about 8000 copies in the first week.

I mean the head of the animation company said multiple times he's a huge fan of the light novel but at the end they are a company. It's all about the money.

Anyway, I'll totally grab the OST of the Anime. It's sooo gooood!!!! >.<

gdi japan. y u no buy the actually good stuffs.

in any case, that is really disheartening. i guess now we can only hope that the LN got a boost in sales, though i'm not really sure where that information can be found.
And yes, I meant that.
--------------------------------------
Sukasuka Discord server, also home to Orlandri Translation Company, who are planning to translate Sukasuka and Sukamoka:
https://discord.gg/xXTncqJ
Do join if it interests you.
Jul 11, 2017 3:19 AM
Jul 2018
Well japanese people are not really fond of sad stories nor endings so its not really surprising to see such shitty BD sales. But maybe if the head of the Animation studio really wants to do a second season we will get one, although to be honest, for me the first half of the Story, so the one that got adapted, is the stronger one.

Oh well all we can do is wait.
Jul 11, 2017 4:40 PM

Oct 2014
OneManArmy said:
Well japanese people are not really fond of sad stories nor endings so its not really surprising to see such shitty BD sales. But maybe if the head of the Animation studio really wants to do a second season we will get one, although to be honest, for me the first half of the Story, so the one that got adapted, is the stronger one.

Oh well all we can do is wait.

If Japanese weren't a fan of sad stories, then KEY Visual Arts, Yoko Taro, and Kentaro Miura to name a few would't' be as popular in japan as they are.

Also, BD sales are becoming less irrelevant in terms on whether an anime gets a second season, because streaming Revenue keeps growing every year.
Jul 11, 2017 10:36 PM

Feb 2017
Hope sales go well , i really want a 2nd season :(
Jul 12, 2017 1:17 AM
Jul 2018
If Japanese weren't a fan of sad stories, then KEY Visual Arts, Yoko Taro, and Kentaro Miura to name a few would't' be as popular in japan as they are.

And that's what I get for not proof-reading my own comment and doing a stupid typo xD

I wanted to say sad stories with sad endings... but fucked it up completely, sorry. I can't even remember the amount of times when companies had to change the ending for a visual novel (in the next version release) or an anime (with an extra OVA for example) or the author addmitted in an interview later on that he decided to go for a happy ending instead, because they didnt want to anger the fans.

But of course you're absolutely right. Japanese people are totally fine with sad stories. Once again, sorry for the misunderstanding I caused ^^'>

Also, BD sales are becoming less irrelevant in terms on whether an anime gets a second season, because streaming Revenue keeps growing every year.

Less irrelevant doesn't mean they are not relevant though. In my opinion they are still a good indicator. Mind to provide me with some numbers though? I'm really interested to see how large the streaming revenue actually is.
Jul 12, 2017 2:18 AM

Jul 2007
the only hope is if the boost LN sales got is satisfactory enough.

AsuraDestructor said:

KEY has little girls and moe
Yoko Taro games mostly bombed before Automata which got success in the west mainly.
Miura has violence and edge on his side and manga industry is a bit different.

The reality is that fantasy works only succeed if it is isekai, has harem with easy to self insert protagonist or if the setting has enough japanese culture to relate to. Stuff like Rokka no Yuusha or SukaSuka is just too "foreign" for them.
AhenshihaelJul 12, 2017 2:28 AM
Jul 12, 2017 2:31 AM
Jul 12, 2017 2:50 AM

Jul 2014
I used to think that the anime industry isn't a zero-sum game, since just because someone buys the BDs for Show A doesn't mean they won't buy the BDs for Show B. But now I'm not really sure. I mean, with prices THAT high, if I was in the shoes of a normal working-class Japanese anime fan, I'd probably only buy the ones that I absolutely would like to have.

Plus, since most anime viewers there probably records on their TV anyway, I doubt they'll go out of their way to buy an over-priced BD.
And yes, I meant that.
Sukasuka Discord server, also home to Orlandri Translation Company, who are planning to translate Sukasuka and Sukamoka:
Jul 12, 2017 4:00 AM

Mar 2016
Well Ajin didn't sell well and got a sequel, so why not
Jul 12, 2017 4:06 AM

Jul 2007
DragonSlayer_19 said:

Ajin has netflix backing. Its not dependent on BDs.
Jul 12, 2017 8:22 AM
Jul 2018
Fai said:
DragonSlayer_19 said:

Ajin has netflix backing. Its not dependent on BDs.

3D animated Anime are way cheaper to make as well, especially when you do a second season since you can recycle a lot of animations. But yeah, it was mostly the netflix backing that caused the second season I guess.

KEY has little girls and moe

Speaking of Key, I just remembered when the fandisc for Clannad, Tomoyo after, got announced and then finally released, the hype was real. But just after one day, when the first readers finished the title and found out it has a sad ending... they insulted the makers of that game, gave it bad reviews and so on... at the end the next version had a happy ending and all of the sudden, bamm, good ratings incoming.
removed-userJul 12, 2017 8:29 AM
Jul 12, 2017 9:02 AM
Jun 2017
In anime industry to have a second season, that anime blu ray gotta sold for about 2000 or more/each vol but as far as I know, the blu ray of this (vol 1) only sold 14356 disc so unless the sell is boost, it won't have a ss2
Jul 12, 2017 9:06 AM

Jul 2014
Essay_kun said:
In anime industry to have a second season, that anime blu ray gotta sold for about 2000 or more/each vol but as far as I know, the blu ray of this (vol 1) only sold 14356 disc so unless the sell is boost, it won't have a ss2

Nah I don't think 2k per volume is enough for a second season. That's only around 50-60% more than the average sales of a single BD Volume.
And yes, I meant that.
Jul 12, 2017 9:13 AM
Jun 2017
FlameTaJaDoru said:
Essay_kun said:

Nah I don't think 2k per volume is enough for a second season. That's only around 50-60% more than the average sales of a single BD Volume.

Well, if that the case then all we can do now is pray and hope that more people in Japan will buy the bd of this and maybe some people from other countries too to boost the sales because honestly, I want to see vol 4 being adapt into anime to show that
Jul 12, 2017 9:40 AM
Apr 2017
because honestly, I want to see vol 4 being adapt into anime to show that

As much as I loved Chtholly and Ren, I gotta agree with you on that one.
Jul 13, 2017 12:47 PM

Mar 2016
dodgemoto_23 said:
because honestly, I want to see vol 4 being adapt into anime to show that

Uh pretty sure Navrtri is best girl.
Shishou_23Jul 13, 2017 12:50 PM
Jul 13, 2017 12:54 PM

Dec 2014
Essay_kun said:
FlameTaJaDoru said:

Well, if that the case then all we can do now is pray and hope that more people in Japan will buy the bd of this and maybe some people from other countries too to boost the sales because honestly, I want to see vol 4 being adapt into anime to show that

Erm, maybe as a sister; but nah she was pretty average can't hold a candle to the other two >:D
Jul 13, 2017 1:05 PM
Jun 2017
Anathor said:
Essay_kun said:

Erm, maybe as a sister; but nah she was pretty average can't hold a candle to the other two >:D

Her personality is quite mediocre and she doesn't have anything unique like ctholly or ren but what make me like her the most (and also best girl in my opinion)
Jul 13, 2017 1:06 PM
Apr 2017
DragonSlayer_19 said:
dodgemoto_23 said:

Uh pretty sure Navrtri is best girl.

Oh yes true best girl lmao.
Jul 13, 2017 1:08 PM
Apr 2017
Essay_kun said:
Anathor said:

Her personality is quite mediocre and she doesn't have anything unique like ctholly or ren but what make me like her the most (and also best girl in my opinion)

Wow... we actually have the same breaking point.
Jul 13, 2017 1:17 PM
Jun 2017
dodgemoto_23 said:
Essay_kun said:

Wow... we actually have the same breaking point.

Not just you and me, that is like 90% of suka suka reader's breaking point :(
Jul 13, 2017 1:56 PM

Dec 2014
Essay_kun said:
Anathor said:

Yes that I agree with. Maybe I might have had a different opinion of her if I wasn't so heart broken by the ending of vol 3 and the first chapter of vol5. I read vol4 as a "break" from
, even though that volume too ended like it did.
Jul 16, 2017 6:22 AM

Aug 2013
This has no moe tsundere shit so its probably not popular in Japan

they are too busy buying shit like Eromanga-sensei, mentally deranged people
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2017

463 by burjl14 »»
Oct 15, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2017

268 by 2ndKnight »»
Jun 18, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2017

163 by DELLspencer »»
Jun 13, 8:49 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2017

158 by DELLspencer »»
Jun 13, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

133 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.